Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Really...going to bash another team's road win over a bad team.

I seem to recall just recently you all struggled to beat an even worse Tampa team...in your own stadium that you all brag so much about.

Well, while it was the greatest comeback win in Seahawk history, which is poor substitute for the near miss in the playoffs last year vs Atlanta, I don't think this team's fans were exactly puffing out their chests after the win over Tampa Bay, which may have turned their fortunes around, as they seem to be on a winning streak since that game. Of course, Tampa probably should have beaten New Orleans earlier this year in Week 3, but that's another tangent.

Look, clearly the Saints are a good team. I don't think that's up for debate. But the social media out there is trending with Saint's fans mocking Seattle for being an OK team that is mostly lucky and how easy it's going to be to walk into Seattle and win. I'd a bit disconcerting to watch. It's the game on our schedule that our fan base circled from the start of the season that is the most lose-able. Not the away San Fran game. But the New Orleans game. We know that they are good.

It's funny to see how the media in general is going to be forced to talk about the Seahawks the next couple of weeks with their upcoming games vs New Orleans and San Francisco. For the past month, the team with the best record in the league has been mostly ignored as they hit a soft spot in their schedule. And you just know that their are so many more people that want to ignore or hate the Seahawks than embrace them. I'm sick of the Kaepernick is going through adversity stuff out there. Meanwhile, Wilson is lucky to be surrounded by all that talent. Hey, Wilson has been missing both his starting OT for 7 games, his center for 3, his #1 WR 10 weeks, and the other #1 had a bad knee and went down for the season around a month ago. Wilson is performing miracles and we know that he won't get a sniff of MVP consideration even if Seattle goes 15-1, which I understand because Marshawn Lynch is having a terrific season and is getting better since we resigned Michael Robinson to lead block for him. Russell Wilson has led this team to 10, count them, TEN 4th quarter comeback wins in less than 2 seasons in the league. He's thrown one red zone INT in his career, and that DB had to one hand the ball to pull it in. I don't remember what the original question was that I'm answering, so I'm just going to add a period at the end of this sentence and slink away.

• Like 1

Really...going to bash another team's road win over a bad team.

I seem to recall just recently you all struggled to beat an even worse Tampa team...in your own stadium that you all brag so much about.

Go cry over Aaron Rodgers's collarbone baldy!

Here is the deal with the Seabags - they are looking very solid right now, I have no problem stating that. Wilson is doing enough, Lynch runs good, and the defense is opportunistic and extremely nasty at home. For years they have been a "home" team meaning that they are a MUCH better team at home than on the road. That cant be argued. Now, I feel they *might* have crossed over to be more like the Giants, Pats, and Ravens who seem to excel on the road in the playoffs.

I expect either The Seabags or The Saints to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. Itwould really justify the franchisse if they had to win a couple road playoff games and be able to win a Super Bowl NOT in the confinesof their brutal stadium.

Until Seattle gets over the next hump though - they are just "one of those good teams that needs a lot of thigns to fall into place" to actually win big games teams. The best teams IMPOSE their will on you. Once Seattle does this, especially away from Seattle.... Ill be the first one here praising them.

This team is built to win on the road. If a dominant road win is what you're looking for, take a look at how we dismantled the Falcons. The Saints just played them on the road and held on for a 17-13 victory. Yet I don't see too many people talking about how the Saints can't win handily on the road. I guess one Super Bowl (which included a road win in a dome in the NFC Championship game) means that that question has been shelved.

We have an offense that is designed to play smash mouth as much as you can take. Marshawn and Turbin taking turns, with Christine Michael waiting in the wings.

If you play 8 in the box, Wilson can beat you with an explosive play down the field to WRs that can hold on to the football. Baldwin. Zach Miller. Even Golden Tate, who miraculously has learned how to run proper routes. Now Percy Harvin. If you're a defense, pick your poison. Or if you somehow take everything away, Wilson beats you with his legs. That has to be disheartening to a defense.

We have a defense that can play press coverage outside with big corners. Sherman on one side, Browner on the other. Browner goes down? Stick Walt Thurmond out there, and have Jeremy Lane as the nickel back. Not much drop in quality. We are doing a decent job on the pass rush from a variety of sources. Irvin. Avril. Bennett. Wagner and KJ Wright making big plays in space against outlet receivers.

The one thing that worries me is a team which has the ability to run it all day. Our run defense has slipped a bit - see what Zac Stacy did to us. I think we can beat the Saints. I don't know what to think about the Niners' woes lately, but in theory they should be able to run it well on us. Maybe the Iupati injury is a bigger deal than most folks realize. But I want no part of the Panthers in the playoffs. Their offense is similar to ours, just with weaker receivers, and their defense is similar to ours, just with a better front 7 and a much weaker secondary.

This team is built to win on the road. If a dominant road win is what you're looking for, take a look at how we dismantled the Falcons. The Saints just played them on the road and held on for a 17-13 victory. Yet I don't see too many people talking about how the Saints can't win handily on the road. I guess one Super Bowl (which included a road win in a dome in the NFC Championship game) means that that question has been shelved.

We have an offense that is designed to play smash mouth as much as you can take. Marshawn and Turbin taking turns, with Christine Michael waiting in the wings.

If you play 8 in the box, Wilson can beat you with an explosive play down the field to WRs that can hold on to the football. Baldwin. Zach Miller. Even Golden Tate, who miraculously has learned how to run proper routes. Now Percy Harvin. If you're a defense, pick your poison. Or if you somehow take everything away, Wilson beats you with his legs. That has to be disheartening to a defense.

We have a defense that can play press coverage outside with big corners. Sherman on one side, Browner on the other. Browner goes down? Stick Walt Thurmond out there, and have Jeremy Lane as the nickel back. Not much drop in quality. We are doing a decent job on the pass rush from a variety of sources. Irvin. Avril. Bennett. Wagner and KJ Wright making big plays in space against outlet receivers.

The one thing that worries me is a team which has the ability to run it all day. Our run defense has slipped a bit - see what Zac Stacy did to us. I think we can beat the Saints. I don't know what to think about the Niners' woes lately, but in theory they should be able to run it well on us. Maybe the Iupati injury is a bigger deal than most folks realize. But I want no part of the Panthers in the playoffs. Their offense is similar to ours, just with weaker receivers, and their defense is similar to ours, just with a better front 7 and a much weaker secondary.

Just a couple of quick additions.

You cannot double cover any of our WRs. It would be foolish to do so. I've never seen a QB purposefully spread the ball around to anybody that can catch it. Last week, the Seahawks put 41 on the board. In a very efficient way, Wilson completed 13 passes, to 8 different WRs. The reason Wilson sits back in the pocket all day long is that he is constantly scanning downfield, looking for the most wide open pass catcher. It's so rare to see a young guy so focking smart. So, double team Harvin at your own risk. Tate, Baldwin, Kearse all have good hands and are getting open.

The Seattle Seahawks have the best defensive line in football. Let that sink in. It's not conjecture. Using applied statistical analysis to amount of times the defensive line applies pressure to opposing QBs, the Seahawks get pressure around 36% of the time. The second best line gets there around 28% of the time. It's a far cry from Chris Clemons being the only guy, with that one year of Raheem Brock from 3 years ago mixed in. The Seahawks have the best Dline and best secondary in football. It's a shame they give up garbage time points to opposing teams as they build up 30 point leads, because it lessens their dominant stats.

Just a couple of quick additions.

You cannot double cover any of our WRs. It would be foolish to do so. I've never seen a QB purposefully spread the ball around to anybody that can catch it. Last week, the Seahawks put 41 on the board. In a very efficient way, Wilson completed 13 passes, to 8 different WRs.

Agreed. If we were playing the Pats, who try to take away what you do best, where do they focus? Lynch I guess. Maybe Harvin. Still a lot of weapons elsewhere.

The biggest risk to the team is if something happens to Earl. He patrols the back middle really well and no one else comes close. I would rather have another injury to Okung than see Earl down for any significant time.

The two things in commom with these two teams is they've played a bunch of nobodys. And they both have really good defenses. Against bad teams. I don't see Seatle lighting up through the air. Who's the go to guy in Seatle? The Saints have a dominating pass defense. The only way the Seahawks win is if the run all over the Saints and they Ryan will have a good plan in place given the amount of time we have between games.

And

• Like 1

The two things in commom with these two teams is they've played a bunch of nobodys. And they both have really good defenses. Against bad teams. I don't see Seatle lighting up through the air. Who's the go to guy in Seatle? The Saints have a dominating pass defense. The only way the Seahawks win is if the run all over the Saints and they Ryan will have a good plan in place given the amount of time we have between games.

And

Uhhhh, Percy Harvin maybe? Tate can make huge catches. That's the beauty of it all. The seahawks don't really have a "go to" guy. They have 8 or so different guys that they can go to on any play. You can't cover everyone

Eh, Bunny is a decent bloke and a boozer like me. I'll admit that I don't see much of the Saints other than on Redzone, and I'm sure BB hasn't seen many full Seahawk games. I'd argue with several of his thoughts, but in the end, he's not coming from the Douchebagg Forest like so many other folks that descend into this thread. Actually, I'd like to hear more banter from Saints fans. We haven't haven't seen much banter with fans of other teams going into games since very early in the season. Hey, it's fun.

I will say that I can understand how most will say that shutting down Seattle's run will be a key. That's what Seattle is built to do, and they do it better than any team in the league for the past few years. But, coming from a Doubting Thomas like me, for the first 8 games of Russell Wilson's career, this kid is amazing beyond stats for anybody that is watching him on a regular basis. Russell Wilson has to be cast in the next Avengers movie. He's a superhero. Just look at the numbers. His TD to INT ratio is sick. His comebacks. His efficiency. His QB rating. He is performing as one of the top 3 QBs in the league since mid point of last season. And, it's been a labor under the radar. Am I tossing RW's salad? Maybe. But give me a Superbowl win, and pass me the Italian Dressing. Yeah, yeah, I've been drinking. Don't get any funny ideas.

Eh, Bunny is a decent bloke and a boozer like me. I'll admit that I don't see much of the Saints other than on Redzone, and I'm sure BB hasn't seen many full Seahawk games. I'd argue with several of his thoughts, but in the end, he's not coming from the Douchebagg Forest like so many other folks that descend into this thread. Actually, I'd like to hear more banter from Saints fans. We haven't haven't seen much banter with fans of other teams going into games since very early in the season. Hey, it's fun.

I will say that I can understand how most will say that shutting down Seattle's run will be a key. That's what Seattle is built to do, and they do it better than any team in the league for the past few years. But, coming from a Doubting Thomas like me, for the first 8 games of Russell Wilson's career, this kid is amazing beyond stats for anybody that is watching him on a regular basis. Russell Wilson has to be cast in the next Avengers movie. He's a superhero. Just look at the numbers. His TD to INT ratio is sick. His comebacks. His efficiency. His QB rating. He is performing as one of the top 3 QBs in the league since mid point of last season. And, it's been a labor under the radar. Am I tossing RW's salad? Maybe. But give me a Superbowl win, and pass me the Italian Dressing. Yeah, yeah, I've been drinking. Don't get any funny ideas.

You're an oscar and a gentleman. Appreciate the invite into a thread that one may appreciate if you hear noises when the toilet works just fine.

Initial thoughts and feelings about the game from a Saints fan are; were probably going to lose this game. It's a home game for Seatle and the home crowd is one of the best in the league. The. Saints have historically sucked playing on the west coast and on natural grass fields since Payton and Bree's have been here. Don't know which is worse but we suck playing both. We play better indoors. Being a dome team does that to most and our indoor/outdoor record speaks for that.

The only way the Saints win is if we contain the run. Word here is that we will and play man to man on Seatles receivers and blitz little. We'll try and use the same game plan as we did with San Fran. Wilson will have to do a better job than Kapernick did getting first downs. The Saints took away his ability to run and that changed the game. Wilson is a different animal. He can throw on the run and the swing pass will be his major strength against a Saints defense that relys to heavily on mismatches in the middle playing man. Atlanta showed that last night. Put a man in motion and the Saints D gets confused.

On the flip side, Bree's will dink and dunk all night if that's what he's given. He'll be patient. He has to. Grahm is a beast but gets taken out of some games if he's the focal point. Sproles is the same. Payton has shown his desire to run but he's a throw first guy. Those swing passes to Pierre Thomas are things of beauty and yet, he'll abandon them for no reason. Colton is healthy now and Stills is showing up with his mentor

Meachum and Moore. But this offense is nothing like it was during the SB year.

I know this remark is regurgitated time after time, but. Whichever team wins the TOP battle and wins the turnover battle, wins.

Seatle 24 Saints 17

One other thing; Bree's still is pissed about losing the playoff game a few years back. Payton also. Me also. Look for a physical game with a few penalties after the fact. The refs might decide this one.

Vodka time.

My week away early thoughts.

Seattle 34-24

I'll see how I feel a little closer to the game.

seattle's receivers are underrated imo. not just by everyone else, but by people in seattle as well. being undersized compared to the rest of the league will do that. but tate, baldwin, and kearse all have great hands, can go up against anybody to grab the ball, and have quietly put together some pretty impressive big play numbers. oh yeah we now have a healthy percy harvin.

here's an interesting write up that supports my point. yes, it is a seahawks blog with some cherry picked stats, but stats none the less that back up the big play point I made above.

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/11/seahawks-receivers-redefine-average.html

Walter Thurmond facing a 4 game suspension for PED, according to that weasel looking rat on NFL Network.

What the fock? It's like the league has a vendetta against the Seahawks.

I guess Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane are going to see a lot of action, and that guy they've stashed on the practice squad will have to be activated DeShawn Shead. I can't imagine Tharold Simon is game ready.

I look at it as a golden opportunity for Maxwell and Lane to shine. I'm pretty sure Lane started last year against the 49ers. Definitely a position we are in A-OK shape.

Maybe Simon can get some reps in too.

Walter Thurmond facing a 4 game suspension for PED, according to that weasel looking rat on NFL Network.

What the fock? It's like the league has a vendetta against the Seahawks.

I guess Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane are going to see a lot of action, and that guy they've stashed on the practice squad will have to be activated DeShawn Shead. I can't imagine Tharold Simon is game ready.

Not PEDs...to defend him there.

Substance abuse policy. Which makes him a bigger moron. Already had failed once...being tested all the time...gets hit for the 4 gamer for the 2nd offense during a season.

Vendeatta? :cry:

Not PEDs...to defend him there.

Substance abuse policy. Which makes him a bigger moron. Already had failed once...being tested all the time...gets hit for the 4 gamer for the 2nd offense during a season.

Vendeatta? :cry:

For the 2nd straight year, same exact time of year, starting defensive backs for the Seattle Seahawks, 2 last year, 1 this year, are given 4 game suspensions. I don't see this brand of justice being handed out anywhere else. Am I supposed to sit here and simply accept that there is nothing at all coincidental nor suspicious at work here? Nope, nothing at all?

It's some real bullsh!t.

For the 2nd straight year, same exact time of year, starting defensive backs for the Seattle Seahawks, 2 last year, 1 this year, are given 4 game suspensions. I don't see this brand of justice being handed out anywhere else. Am I supposed to sit here and simply accept that there is nothing at all coincidental nor suspicious at work here? Nope, nothing at all?

It's some real bullsh!t.

Maybe your players should quit failing drug tests.

Especially this guy who is getting tested all the time since he apparently has already failed one to be in the program and now getting a 4 game suspension.

BS? Again with the crying...save that for hawker.

It's some real bullsh!t.

You're really coming off like a whiny focking tool

It's some real bullsh!t.

nothing at all.

nothing at all.

nothing at all.

stupid sexy thurmond. the only thing thats bs is his decision making. everyone knows the rules. i have faith in maxwell and lane, as they stepped up last year when browner was out. luckily we have depth, but WT3 isn't doing his team any favors. its dumb and its selfish.

Maybe your players should quit failing drug tests.

Especially this guy who is getting tested all the time since he apparently has already failed one to be in the program and now getting a 4 game suspension.

BS? Again with the crying...save that for hawker.

Well, isn't it special that you trust the people running your sports leagues. It must be comforting to be so trusting.

Well, isn't it special that you trust the people running your sports leagues. It must be comforting to be so trusting.

:rolleyes:

You're really coming off like a whiny focking tool

The 3rd place San Francisco 49ers. Kind of rolls of the tongue. Feels.....kind of.....right.

nothing at all.

nothing at all.

nothing at all.

stupid sexy thurmond. the only thing thats bs is his decision making. everyone knows the rules. i have faith in maxwell and lane, as they stepped up last year when browner was out. luckily we have depth, but WT3 isn't doing his team any favors. its dumb and its selfish.

The situation screams for "need more info". I don't trust the NFL with anything.

Isn't it special that you are turning into Hawker being a whiny tool blind homer who just can't admit the players on his team are making bad decisions?

The situation screams for "need more info". I don't trust the NFL with anything.

Busted twice in drug tests...dropping any appeal.

Seems your boy is admitting something you can't.

We have the info, you just don't like what it says.

Busted twice in drug tests...dropping any appeal.

Seems your boy is admitting something you can't.

We have the info, you just don't like what it says.

Dropping the appeal is not an admission of guilt, dummy. It's the timing of it all. We need him back for the playoffs, so he is taking the bullet and taking the suspension now rather than risk missing time in the post season if the league denies the appeal. The fact that he was appealing in the first place leads me to question the positive results. He could have just taken the suspension if he was caught red handed. Why prolong it during a stretch of games lately when the Seahawks were playing a bunch of donkeys? Maybe he felt he was falsely accused. Richard Sherman fought his suspension and won. There is a precedent.

Isn't it special that you are turning into Hawker being a whiny tool blind homer who just can't admit the players on his team are making bad decisions?

Blind homer? You're accepting everything the NFL says at face value like a zealot. Whether Thurmond is guilty or not, I don't trust the NFL with a single focking issue.

Dropping the appeal is not an admission of guilt, dummy. It's the timing of it all. We need him back for the playoffs, so he is taking the bullet and taking the suspension now rather than risk missing time in the post season if the league denies the appeal. The fact that he was appealing in the first place leads me to question the positive results. He could have just taken the suspension if he was caught red handed. Why prolong it during a stretch of games lately when the Seahawks were playing a bunch of donkeys? Maybe he felt he was falsely accused. Richard Sherman fought his suspension and won. There is a precedent.

Yeah...not an admission of guilt.

Especially if there is something fishy with the NFL out to get them right?

Face it...you are making excuses because the players on your team keep focking up.

Sherman fought it on the same type of technicality as Braun got off on.

But keep trying philly.

Blind homer? You're accepting everything the NFL says at face value like a zealot. Whether Thurmond is guilty or not, I don't trust the NFL with a single focking issue.

Yes...blind homer making excuses that the NFL is just out to get you rather than admitting you have some crap going on with those players that need to clean their up.

Yes...blind homer making excuses that the NFL is just out to get you rather than admitting you have some crap going on with those players that need to clean their ###### up.

Or maybe the league is going after Seattle harder than other teams. 6 of one, half dozen of another? I'm speculating, because that's all any of us can do at this point, with the lack of information made public.

Look at it this way, do you really think the NFL cares a whit about breast cancer, or are they using a convenient disease to manipulate merchandise sales and exploit the loss of body parts to appeal to females to become NFL fans so they can generate additional streams of money. Oh, and for all the sales of pink merch, pennies from the sale go to charity.

Or maybe the league is going after Seattle harder than other teams. 6 of one, half dozen of another? I'm speculating, because that's all any of us can do at this point, with the lack of information made public.

Look at it this way, do you really think the NFL cares a whit about breast cancer, or are they using a convenient disease to manipulate merchandise sales and exploit the loss of body parts to appeal to females to become NFL fans so they can generate additional streams of money. Oh, and for all the sales of pink merch, pennies from the sale go to charity.

You are not speculating...you are whining and blaming the league on the issues your team has with drugs.

Now using the breast cancer thing to try and prove that they are out after the Seahawks...

You are not speculating...you are whining and blaming the league on the issues your team has with drugs.

Now using the breast cancer thing to try and prove that they are out after the Seahawks...

Most Seahawk fans want to cut Thurmond right now. They are nearly all in agreement that Thurmond focked up.

Me, just me, blame me for this line of thought. I don't trust the NFL as far as I can spit on them. They lie, they cheat, they lie, they don't give a sh!t about anything other than marketing and what's good for business. Because I question every decision they make to figure out their true motive doesn't make me a whiner.

Look, Thurmond is in his contract year, making 600,000 a year as a mid round draft pick. He's healthy for the first time in his career. He's starting for the best secondary in football. A big payday is just months away. Bam. Suspension. Logically, you'd think this is the last possible thing he would do to jeopardize his career. I mean, it's the absolute worst possible thing he could have done. So, do we say this guy is a retard, or that the test/league is mistaken? I don't know. To me, either way is just absurd. I think that is what I'm really coming back to here. Absurd. The complete absurdity of the situation. Sometimes the simplest solution is the correct answer; he's guility. Sometimes, it's not. The NFL doctors lied about the damage from concussions for many decades.

Holy sh!t, praise from RoadLizard! :shocking:

Oh Ill praise when warranted. The Seabags are the best overall team in the NFL right now. Denver sucks, KC sucks, NE sucks, and really the entire AFC is a bunch of .500 teams that can NOTbe trusted whatsoever. Seattle & Nawleans are the teams to beat.

Seattle SHOULD win the Super Bowl.