Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Am I the only one completely sold on andre Johnson?

Especially at his ADP? He is at 3.06 and in between Fitz and Cobb...he's getting old I get it but he supposedly had a great camp and he's looked solid in preseason..and coming of a really good year. Why is he not getting more love?

I agree that he is a good value at his adp. The reason people are hesitant drafting AJ is: 1.His injury history (missed 12 games his last 3 years), 2. His age (32), and 3. His lack of td's (6 total td's last 2 seasons, never had double digit td's in his career). With all that being said, I would be thrilled if I grabbed him mid to late 3rd round.

4. He plays on a run first team that drafted a new youngster.

I still like him at his ADP, I just wanted to continue with the numeric theme.

I took him at exactly 3.6 over Fitz and Roddy. Really strange cuz I love Roddy, but I had a gut feeling that Hopkins could further open up good things for AJ.

In ppr I think he will be great as always. Unfortunately I drafted seventh or later in all of my drafts so I would have had to take him in the second round.

I would be confident with Andre as my #1 receiver. He's a beast.

guy in my .5ppr league took him 2.05, ahead of Julio, green, and Thomas. so there is at least one other person in the world REALLY high on him. (guy isn't one of the stronger owners in my league fwiw heh)

Beast body, pedestrian fantasy receiver. Every year, he is drafted as a top 5 WR and every year he doesn't live up to his ADP. He just doesn't stay healthy and he doesn't get the touchdowns. i doubt this year is any different. Fitz, Julio, Green, Demarius, and Roddy should all go ahead of him.

This year I got him in the 3rd round in a 16 team leauge, as the 10th drafted receiver. I think he is $$ to outproduce that position.

Beast body, pedestrian fantasy receiver. Every year, he is drafted as a top 5 WR and every year he doesn't live up to his ADP. He just doesn't stay healthy and he doesn't get the touchdowns. i doubt this year is any different. Fitz, Julio, Green, Demarius, and Roddy should all go ahead of him.

Those guys all went ahead of him in my league. I got Andre 4.2.

I'm not thrilled. He doesn't score. I need 6-8 TDs out of him. However, I also got Foster so if he's losing tds I'm hoping its to Foster.

I took hom over Fitz. May regret it but i don't completely trust palmer and they still may not have running game.

AJ has a potent offense which leads to more opportunities and a lot od 1 on 1. One thing I can't stand is having players on bad teams. Playing SF and Sea a 1/4 of his games concerns me too with a crappy oline that will not allow time for his deep patterns

I took hom over Fitz. May regret it but i don't completely trust palmer and they still may not have running game.

AJ has a potent offense which leads to more opportunities and a lot od 1 on 1. One thing I can't stand is having players on bad teams. Playing SF and Sea a 1/4 of his games concerns me too with a crappy oline that will not allow time for his deep patterns

Fitzs numbers over the past 3 seasons are Stevie Johnson-esque. Give me AJ all day.

Fitzs numbers over the past 3 seasons are Stevie Johnson-esque. Give me AJ all day.

It's like people are drafting fitz assuming he had some sort of QB upgrade

He did but it's not enough to vault him over proven winners like AJ

The only guy of those currently being drafted behind Johnson is Roddy, although I also took him over Fitz at 3.06 yesterday. The only concern with me for Johnson is injury. He was still a top 7 or so WR last year, I can deal with 4 TD's if he's getting 1,600 yards. Fitz especially probably has as many concerns as Johnson...if you're concerned about TD's, over the past 3 years Fitz only has 4 more TD's than Johnson despite playing in 12 more games.

He did but it's not enough to vault him over proven winners like AJ

Think it's a toss up personally. I think Palmer is going to raise his value quite a bit so I prefer Fitz. I think they're both being accurately drafted.

Wasn't AJ healthy all last year. If so, then he is well over due for an injury. I passed on him and got Fitzy and White.

Palmer has always been waaaaay overhyped for what he has actually done in the NFL. He has played like garbage for years now. And arizona has no oline or running game to speak of

Palmer has always been waaaaay overhyped for what he has actually done in the NFL. He has played like garbage for years now. And arizona has no oline or running game to speak of

As opposed to Jokeland where he dropped 4k & 22 (with lesser talent around him & a coach that isnt known to chuck the rock)?

As opposed to Jokeland where he dropped 4k & 22 (with lesser talent around him & a coach that isnt known to chuck the rock)?

He did NOT have less talent around him. Arizona has Fitz that's it

22 TDs....meh

250 ypg

1.25 tds per game

Woopie

Palmer

Agree AZ's QB's last year were pretty terrible, but in 2011 they put up similar numbers to the ones you just quoted, and Fitz's #'s were just about even with what Johnson did last year. So I do agree with one of the previous posts that it's probably a toss-up.

I am sold on him. People look at stats and situation too much. In the real world the tiers of WRs goes like this:

Calvin Johnson

AJ, AJ Greene, and Fitz

Everyone else.

He is a bit of an injury concern... But I'll take my chances on a guy who has every chance to catch 100 balls.

I am sold on him. People look at stats and situation too much. In the real world the tiers of WRs goes like this:

Calvin Johnson

AJ, AJ Greene, and Fitz

Everyone else.

He is a bit of an injury concern... But I'll take my chances on a guy who has every chance to catch 100 balls.

There is no way I take AJ over Marshall, Julio, Roddy, or Dez either. To me, Johnson belongs in the Everyone else category until he shows he can put up 2nd or 3rd round numbers.

• Like 1

Calvin Johnson

AJ, AJ Greene, and Fitz

Everyone else.

LOL Wut?

There is no way I take AJ over Marshall, Julio, Roddy, or Dez either. To me, Johnson belongs in the Everyone else category until he shows he can put up 2nd or 3rd round numbers.

Like he did last year with 1500 yds and well over 100 rec?

Like he did last year with 1500 yds and well over 100 rec?

He also had 4 TDs. Every other guy except Roddy (who I wouldn't take over AJ) had at least 10.

He also had 4 TDs. Every other guy except Roddy (who I wouldn't take over AJ) had at least 10.

True, but he scored about the same as DThomas. Tds are Fluky and 4 is about his floor even despite 9 being his ceiling apparently. His forte is consistent catches and Yds.

I avoided AJ at his ADP because:

1. Run first team with a great defense and excellent running backs (so I think their run first style will work again this year).

2. In PPR, AJ was Top 10 last year and about equal with Cobb and Roddy despite being more healthy than he has been in years. So I think #6 is pretty much his absolute cieling and he's unlikely to hit that cieling two years in a row given his long history of hamstring injuries and other assorted ailments.

3. His lack of scoring TDs is so limiting to his value.

Now, if he stays healthy you will get full value at his ADP but a guy like Cobb or Roddy are safer bets to give you comparable value. IMO you're better off passing and nabbing Wayne a round later.

Are we really arguing that Palmer isn't an incredible upgrade over whoever Arizona has rolled out at QB the last couple years?

This^^^ I mean, skelton, mccown, and leinart... derek anderson... kevin kolb... it's been rough

I've avoided him at his ADP because he's getting old and has nagging injury issues. Not a good combination for a 2nd round pick. Of course he can be a beast (besides TDs) if things work out right.

I've avoided him at his ADP because he's getting old and has nagging injury issues. Not a good combination for a 2nd round pick. Of course he can be a beast (besides TDs) if things work out right.

Most owners are getting him after 2nd round. I got him ay 3.07

Most owners are getting him after 2nd round. I got him ay 3.07

In PPR I have been seeing go late-2nd or early 3rd. I would start considering him in the late 3rd.