Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Doug's Bold Predictions For 2013

With the injuries to an already pathetic NO defense, I really do not see any way Brees isnt the #1 QB.

• Like 1

Agree with the bit about Markus Wheaton. Also think by year's end Quinton Patton will be on most 10 team rosters.

Don't think Marlon Moore or Jon Baldwin is going to be fantasy relevant? C'mon :P Patton is a nice talent, I'll be interested to see how far he works his way up the ladder and how SF distributes the ball in the passing game.

Don't think Marlon Moore or Jon Baldwin is going to be fantasy relevant? C'mon :P Patton is a nice talent, I'll be interested to see how far he works his way up the ladder and how SF distributes the ball in the passing game.

The problem with Patton is I hear he does not run routes well.

He can do big things when you give him the ball, that was definitely true, but you can get in real trouble when your starting WR, or at someone who is on the field for 50-75% of your offensive plays is not running the right routes.

Harbau seems to love this kid. From the reports I have read he seems to have worked as hard as could be expected, especially with a broken finger.

This offense is in need of playmakers in the passing game. I don't see why the niners won't at least try to get the ball in his hands as much as they can to see what patton can do.

That's why it is bold ;)

No, bold would be saying Cutler will be a top 3 QB... Saying a top 3 QB is going to be #1 isn't bold.

• Like 1

No, bold would be saying Cutler will be a top 3 QB... Saying a top 3 QB is going to be #1 isn't bold.

exactly

I own Markus Wheaton in a lot of places! This article's great!

But I own Arian Foster in a bunch of places, too. This article is garbage! :shocking:

I agree that all but #5 have a good chance of happening.. Too many mouths to feed for all 3 to get 10 TD...Simply is not realistic IMO

Oh yes....Oakland will select Teddy Bridgewater.

i dont see a bold prediction until we get to #5

Tebow gets re-signed by the Pats and leads the team back to the promised land after Brady gets his other knee blown out.

That's bold.

I agree that all but #5 have a good chance of happening.. Too many mouths to feed for all 3 to get 10 TD...Simply is not realistic IMO

I on the other hand, hope Decker does another lucky 13.

so does this mean you are bumping manning to the top QB on your big board... or were you simply hedging your bet while writing this article? ;)

I on the other hand, hope Decker does another lucky 13.

what WR with his own reality TV show has ever done well the following season?

i dont see a bold prediction until we get to #5

So wait...the fact that a 37-year-old QB will basically set career highs, a RB who has never caught more than 45 balls will be the best (most consistent) player in PPR and calling the exact week an injury-prone rookie will break a 3-4 year-old streak isn't a little bit bold? I would like to get one or two of these right, you know :P Bold doesn't necessarily mean outrageous, it means something others don't see happening. Now I can agree the level of boldness in projecting the #3 QB in the top spot isn't exceedingly high, but is anyone else predicting it? Furthermore, I pretty much lay out all my opinions in the PMAs, so there isn't going to be a ton of stuff that I can say in a Bold Prediction piece that would be riveting. And when I do make the Jay Cutler will finish among the top three quarterbacks predictions, I'll hear it from the e-mailers saying that I was holding out on them.

A bold prediction would have forecasting that I was going to land Spiller and Forte at 1-2 turn in a 1K money league tonight. I would have laughed at that one myself, except for the fact that it happened.

I'd say the Manning prediction is pretty bold. Sure he's the #3 drafted QB but he is still considered a level below Brees and Rodgers and I would definitely be surprised if he outperformed both of them.

I'd say the Manning prediction is pretty bold. Sure he's the #3 drafted QB but he is still considered a level below Brees and Rodgers and I would definitely be surprised if he outperformed both of them.

I think Manning is a tier below them not bc of talent or opportunity but bc of possible associated risk due to his age, arm strength loss, neck strength, ect

Bold Predictions

As a Chiefs fan, I'll be sick if Manning ends up the No 1 QB... but I can see it happening. :nono:

Neither Bree's or Manning will be the number ones this year. Bree's arm strength isn't what it used to be. He may be the most accurate passer in the nfl but his downfield abilities are not what they used to be. He can't hit hit players in full stride down the field like he used to.

Same with Manning. He'll be able to sling it early in the season when it's cool outside or in domes. But he didn't show any arm strength last year when it got cold. I don't remember him throwing a ball in flight to a receiver more than thirty yards last year in the cold.

Top gun is going to be a young gun. Don't know who yet, but the ride as top three for either is over.

Neither Bree's or Manning will be the number ones this year. Bree's arm strength isn't what it used to be. He may be the most accurate passer in the nfl but his downfield abilities are not what they used to be. He can't hit hit players in full stride down the field like he used to.

Same with Manning. He'll be able to sling it early in the season when it's cool outside or in domes. But he didn't show any arm strength last year when it got cold. I don't remember him throwing a ball in flight to a receiver more than thirty yards last year in the cold.

Top gun is going to be a young gun. Don't know who yet, but the ride as top three for either is over.

You meant that Manning could sling it when it's warm or in a dome I'm assuming.

Bold Predictions

As a Chiefs fan, I'll be sick if Manning ends up the No 1 QB... but I can see it happening. :nono:

1. Peyton Manning will be the highest-scoring quarterback in fantasy football. In doing so, he will set a new career high in yards and completion percentage while throwing for 42 touchdowns.

2. Jamaal Charles will be the most consistent and valuable property in fantasy football.

3. Eddie Lacy will end the Green Bay Packers’ long regular-season streak of failing to put a single rusher over 100 yards…in Week 10.

4. Ben Tate will play 16 games for the first time in his career, finish among the top 25 running backs and be one of the few players drafted after the seventh round this summer to help carry his fantasy teams to a title.

5. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker will all score at least 10 touchdowns.

6. Rueben Randle will frustrate owners through the first half of the season, only to emerge as a second-half and fantasy-playoff superstar – giving the Giants enough reason to let Hakeem Nicks walk in free agency.

7. Pierre Garcon will finish among the top 10 receivers in all formats.

8. Markus Wheaton will become a regular starter no later than Week 10 and do a fine Mike Wallace impression while he’s at it.

9. Julius Thomas will finish among the top 15 tight ends.

10. With the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders will select…

He did pretty good here, excellent advice overall.

Nos. 1-9 could have been your draft and you might be undefeated right now.