Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Vick is my starting QB - talk me off the ledge!

12 team league, #5 pick. Figured I'd wait until round 6 or 7 and grab Kaepernick, Wison or Romo. All were taken and in late 5th, early 6th. Saw the usual cast of characters (Eli, Rivers, Ben, Flacco). Took a shot with Vick in the 7th and Eli in the 8th as a back up.

Peter King says Vick will have a good year but the Eagles will struggle defensively. Anyone else end up with Vick? Talk me off the ledge.... I'm not feeling great about this.

From one nuts to another, you are effed.

No Vick could be a solid option in that offense. He may run more than ever which has usually left him missing games. That is the biggest concern probably.

I decided to wait to grab a QB as well. Was thinking of someone like Wilson, but had Vick targeted as my backup with huge potential.

Well the run occurred and I got stuck with Vick as my starter. Rivers as my backup.

I actually feel good about Vick if healthy. But find myself wondering if I should grab Foles and let Rivers go. Just marry myself to the Chip Kelly offense and assume I can find a Rivers like guy of need be later.

Look at it this way. He has looked great in preseason. He is a perfect fit for chip Kelly's new offense. Also, if he does as well as I think he will then i see low to mid QB1 numbers for Vick this year

I took him in a couple leagues and will sell him the second he racks up a huge game. I'm hoping someone will bite and I'll need to sell him before he gets hurt.

Vick is gonna go off this year. Chip Kelley's offense looks like a great fit for Vick. In the preseason they led the league in plays run from scrimage.

Extra bonus: The Eagles D is flat out horrible = high scoring shootouts.

Took him late. I think there is a bold prediction somewhere that has him as a top 5 QB if this helps. On a side note there is a dued in my league using the same alias. I think I mentioned this to you last year.

Vick is gonna go off this year. Chip Kelley's offense looks like a great fit for Vick. In the preseason they led the league in plays run from scrimage.

Extra bonus: The Eagles D is flat out horrible = high scoring shootouts.

More plays = more opportunities to get hurt, and we all know how fragile Vick can be, especially at this age. He's a #2 at best, GL if you are relying on him as a #1.

If talk you off the ledge, but it may be in the wrong direction. I'd hunt for a Dalton type QB that might be still available. Vick is fine for now, but not for all season.

From one nuts to another, you are effed.

Vick is gonna go off this year.

That's the sentiment on Vick... garbage or superstar.

Vick drafters are clinging to hope of 2010 stats - 30 TDs total, 3,000 passing yds, and 675 rushing yds. That's probably the best one could hope for and those stats ain't too great to begin with in today's passing NFL. I'd guess Vick will finish around 15th+- overall among QBs, which is essentially garbage in FF.

12 team league, #5 pick. Figured I'd wait until round 6 or 7 and grab Kaepernick, Wison or Romo. All were taken and in late 5th, early 6th. Saw the usual cast of characters (Eli, Rivers, Ben, Flacco). Took a shot with Vick in the 7th and Eli in the 8th as a back up.

Peter King says Vick will have a good year but the Eagles will struggle defensively. Anyone else end up with Vick? Talk me off the ledge.... I'm not feeling great about this.

every season he should have a good year .because everyone says he will . but then he takes a hit . game over .

Whether you step back from the ledge or jump pretty much depends on how well you did in the rounds leading up to Vick. Considering the fifth rounders you targeted actually did as you expected and went in the fifth round, Vick in the seventh wasn't the worst call. Vick in the 10th might have been a better call, but who knows? And if he avoids dismembering himself, he has the potential this year to make that seventh round pick look real smart.

Vick was still a good FF QB when he was healthy last year. Real world? Not so much, but with only Foles behind him he's not at huge risk of getting benched this year.

I think your mistake may not have been taking Vick, but Eli. At the point that you invest your 7th and 8th round picks into a QB, you've given up some of the advantage you got by waiting in the first place. I think the better play would have been holding another 2 rounds or so and grabbing Cutler, Bradford, etc. Eli might even have lasted another round or two, too.

Don't get the hate for Vick. Aside from being an injury risk, he's 2 years removed from being a stud. If anything, this offense should be better for his stats.

BROTHA' ME TOO! and yes, I'm sh@tting my pants over it.

Go Vick!

A few Eagles homers have told me I'm screwed... but we all know Philly fans are imbeciles, so the odds of them being wrong are pretty good! :cheers:

I took him in a couple leagues and will sell him the second he racks up a huge game. I'm hoping someone will bite and I'll need to sell him before he gets hurt.

I did the same thing. I was able to get Vick in the preseason, before he was announced as the starter, for nothing. A very late round fantasy flier. If he blows up against Washington, which he could realistically do as their Secondary is injury riddled, I'm selling him Tuesday morning. In the leagues I own Vick, I already have a top QB, and in some cases another top backup, so he is simply a luxury.

I've seen some fantasy websites (dynasty football warehouse) saying Vick is going to be a bust. I don't think so at all. As long as he's healthy, he will be great from a fantasy perspective. Sell high when the opportunity arises. And for those worried about the Philly Defense... That is one of the reasons I took Vick. He will be scrambling to make plays and that's when he's at his best. Two of the more underrated players this season are Vick and Brent Celek.

But find myself wondering if I should grab Foles and let Rivers go. Just marry myself to the Chip Kelly offense and assume I can find a Rivers like guy of need be later.

thinking the same way - I don't have a backup for Vick - if he fats hurt, I'll choose from the ww dogpile - but Foles is an interesting option - I just don't know much about him so I lean towards what I know (a Rivers/Tannehill type QB). Could Foles be a better option that the typical ww QBs?

Took a shot with Vick in the 7th and Eli in the 8th as a back up.

After blowing my auction-wad on AD and Martin, I also have Vick and Eli. I've been waffling back and forth on who to start in week 1. FFToday has Eli projected much higher this week. But, I think I'll take my chances with Vick vs Washington this week and see how it goes. As for the rest of the season...I'm hoping for the best from Vick, but mostly counting on my RBs to carry me. And honestly, not that I necessarily did it on purpose, buy I like the combo of Vick and Eli for the "on the cheap" QB folks. High risk, decent reward versus slow and steady.

Targetted Vick in a 12 team draft and was able to get him. IMO if he's healthy (a big if) you start him. He's the biggest "if" on a team full of them for me, but I was swinging for the fences so to speak.

Eagles fan here. The over / under on games started by Vick IMO is 10, either due to injury or just getting benched when the team is out of any form of contention. And that's leaving aside his wildly inconsistent play.

Draft as a backup only, and sell high.

I drafted him as a backup in the late rounds.

He's a crazy upside pick. But I'd hate to have to rely on him every week.

Heavily invested in the Philly offense this year....if they don't live up to my expectations then my teams likely won't do well. Other than my 2QB league I have Vick as my #2 QB in two other leagues, one with RGIII and the other Kaep...wouldn't feel comfortable at all if he was my QB1 though...GL all Vick owners... :cheers:

My biggest concern with Vick is always his health. If the Philly O-line is as improved as is being reported and they can keep Vick off his back this year, I like his chances for a major bounce-back season. His play really started to decline a couple of years ago when he was under siege and getting killed every week behind that leaky line.

And the Eagles defense is not very good, meaning, potential for shootouts.

His upside is, by far, the highest of any of the mid-tier QBs. It's not inconceivable that, if healthy, he could challenge the production of guys like Kaepernick and Wilson who were drafted miles ahead of him.

I will tell you this...if Vick goes off against a suspect Washington secondary week 1, I am putting out trade offers to get the most out of him. New offense, new coach, new play calling etc...some people will look past his injury history and poor decision making if the offense looks good early.

I only have him rostered in one of my leagues...but am starting him with confidence week 1. Hopefully he can be a prime example of selling high.

If Philly defense is weak, GREAT.. It means lots of points needed to win for Vick. Just do not let him do it this week, please.

I think there is a very good chance that Vick is a top 10 QB this year in points PER GAME. How many games he plays is the big question mark. Could be 14 or 15, could be 10, could be a lot less. Vick doesn't know how to slide so he is always going to take hits when he runs. On the bright side, the Eagles offensive line should be MUCH improved this year, maybe one of the best units in the NFL.

Bump. Eagles offense looks tough. O-line protecting Vick and he's running out of bounds when he scrambles. 26 points on the board first half against division rival. Positive signs all around.

I stand by my initial comments and I think a lot of people are going to try to acquire a piece of this offense. Vick takes too many unnecessary hits and its already affecting his health. There is zero chance he stays healthy and plays every game

I stand by my initial comments and I think a lot of people are going to try to acquire a piece of this offense. Vick takes too many unnecessary hits and its already affecting his health. There is zero chance he stays healthy and plays every game

I think you're missing the point a little bit with Vick. Yeah, he very well may miss a few games at some point. But in the 12 or so games that he plays, he will be productive in this offense. He was well on his way to a monster game tonight had the score been more competitive in the 3rd quarter. For most Vick owners, he is probably their #2 QB and he will produce QB1 numbers when he plays.

I think you're missing the point a little bit with Vick. Yeah, he very well may miss a few games at some point. But in the 12 or so games that he plays, he will be productive in this offense. He was well on his way to a monster game tonight had the score been more competitive in the 3rd quarter. For most Vick owners, he is probably their #2 QB and he will produce QB1 numbers when he plays.

Well on his way? He was directly responsible for three of the touchdowns scored and even threw in 54 yards rushing. The Redskins adjusted in the 2nd half and for the most part the Eagles were only able to run the ball...and even then if McCoy doesn't make some unbelievable cuts Eagles fans might not be as happy as they are now. Vick rushing for 54 yards ties him for the 10th highest rushing total he's had in a game since he's been with the Eagles. The thing is, as this season goes on more teams are going to be like the Redskins defense in the 3rd quarter, and that's when Vick has consistently struggled for the Eagles.

The other point is exactly the one you make. It's about situational roster management. For most teams, he's the #2 QB. Why not capitalize NOW when every pundit and radio host is going to be all over Chip Kelly's dynamic and never seen before offense.

Vick was clearly shaken up. That's week 1. He took some unnecessary shots and he still has no clue how to slide properly. I'm plenty happy to have him on my team right now...but he is a hit away from giving you a 3 point performance any random week