Sign in to follow this  
track 1

i cant take people seriously if they play in a 10 team or less league

I play both in a 10-teamer and a 12-team league. Does that mean that I shouldn't take myself seriously? :wacko:

I knew a guy who played in a 3 man league.

Me too. One of my oldest friends. I smothered him in his sleep. Didn't want to do it, felt like I owed it to him.

these teams i see on here with every team stacked is crazy

once i played in a 12 man league i never looked back

i'd rather play in a 16 team league than 10 team. i think there is more skill involved in the draft.

We all have personal preferences. We don't tell you how to live your life, so don't tell the rest of us how to live ours. You are just a buffoon who wants to show everybody what a big you have.

We all have personal preferences. We don't tell you how to live your life, so don't tell the rest of us how to live ours. You are just a buffoon who wants to show everybody what a big ###### you have.

Your 8 team leagues are kind of weak. Weaker than a normal 8 team league at least.

If there's money involved, I'll take a league seriously even if there are only 4 teams.

I can't take a free league seriously, no matter how many people are in it.

I'd seriously like to hear more about the original poster's league. It sounds awesome. Also would be interested to hear and learn more about his erotic journey from 10 to 12 to 16-team leagues and the genesis of his fantasy football development. He sounds like an fascinating chap.

I have no idea what sized league WhiteWonder or Frozenbeernuts or a lot of other guys here who post insightful comments play in. Doesn't matter. They watch games and think about strategy and want to compete in a stupid pretend game. That's all that really counts....to most people.

I've played in all manner of leagues over the years. I like 12 man leagues the most, but 10 or 14 are ok too. That said I don't judge anyone according to what size league they play in - I judge by comments and general behavior on the boreds. Track 1 has been here since 2004 with 500 some posts. I'd imagine he's having a bad day or is venting some work related rage on the internets.

Play what you enjoy. If they can't take a joke, well...

I also prefer bigger leagues, 12, 14 and even 16. Today's fantasy football has taken a lot of the skill out of it. Every website you draft on has "expert" rankings that allow even the newest FF player a good shot at fielding a decent team. Every FF website has almost immediately up to date information and content that requires very little effort to get to. Today fantasy football seasons are made or broken on the waiver wire and on understanding of the game...ie coaching and personnel changes. The bigger leagues require you to know a lot more than the smaller leagues do, and therefore tilt it somewhat back toward the guys doing their homework.

I don't agree with that....Alot more ?

What, instead of 180 players, (10 x 18rounds), you go 12 x 18 or 216 players ?.......that's 36 more players of the WR4 and WR5 that suck cack...and do kick returns, backup RBs, etc.

It's more garbage at the end of the draft....have fun knowing more garbage.

I don't agree with that....Alot more ?

What, instead of 180 players, (10 x 18rounds), you go 12 x 18 or 216 players ?.......that's 36 more players of the WR4 and WR5 that suck cack...and do kick returns, backup RBs, etc.

It's more garbage at the end of the draft....have fun knowing more garbage.

Every team in a 10 team league is stacked so there is no real advantage to knowing more about fantasy football / rosters / depth charts, etc...

At least with 12 teams, draft strategy comes into play and grabbing key guys for depth is important. Waivers become crucial as well, knowing when to pick someone up and when to wait... These aspects all exist in smaller leagues but are less important.

I've been in the same 12 team league for the past 15 yrs. This year 2 people dropped out at the last minute, so we're going with 10 this season.

Like what's being said here, the teams are pretty stacked and there are some starters on the wire at the moment i.e. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Austin etc.

Yeah, I'm whining here but I like the way the 12 teamers play, lots of $2 add/drops that boost up the trade pool (the Champ gets all of the money there) & that probably

won't happen this year. My guess is that every game score will be in the 100's by each team and less chance for an owner to choke up his starting lineup It'll be different, hopefully as much fun.

I've been in the same 12 team league for the past 15 yrs. This year 2 people dropped out at the last minute, so we're going with 10 this season.

Like what's being said here, the teams are pretty stacked and there are some starters on the wire at the moment i.e. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Austin etc.

Yeah, I'm whining here but I like the way the 12 teamers play, lots of $2 add/drops that boost up the trade pool (the Champ gets all of the money there) & that probably

won't happen this year. My guess is that every game score will be in the 100's by each team and less chance for an owner to choke up his starting lineup It'll be different, hopefully as much fun.

Why didn't you just create deeper starting rosters?

If your 12 team league started QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, D, K...

Then just have your 10 team league start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, D, K

Your 10 team league now has 11 starters instead of the 9 you had last year (more scoring and players to follow on a weekly basis is always a good thing). Your 10 team league is now starting a total of 70 RB's and WR's every week. Your 12 team league only started 60 RB's and WR's. Your 10 team league now has more starting roster spots to cover for bye weeks and injuries (more waiver wire usage and add/drop $$$). Again, the number of teams doesn't matter if you construct a league with deeper starting lineups.

I play in 64 owner triple dynasty anti-keeper league that requires an owner to field a full NFL team, MLB team and NHL team.

Our starting lineups are QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DST/K/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/SP/SP/RP/RP/C/F/F/D/D/G/ a RB/WR/SS/G flex a QB/TE/OF/D flex and a DST/K/1B/Coach flex.

Our bench is 20 players deep. Buy in is $25000 a season, and roster transactions cost $1000 a piece.

Also, just before the draft we all sit in a giant circle in order of the previous years standings and we get to remove two players from the owner sitting to our left (odd years) or right (even years). The anti keeper rule. Next year we are thinking of expanding, possibly into MLS.

We have a full minor league system, consisting of 128 separate owners divided up into A, AA ,AAA. and AAAA We play full relegation rules. The top two teams in each minor league are promoted to the next higher league next season. The last two finishers in the "Majors" get relegated to A and have to start completely over.

The season lasts 365 days. We also draft a franchise offseason, and we get scored on things like player acquisitions, offseason arrests, and positive/negative press.

Anything less, and you may as well get you ladyparts waxed and join the PTA

What?? No biscuit?!

I play in 64 owner triple dynasty anti-keeper league that requires an owner to field a full NFL team, MLB team and NHL team.

Our starting lineups are QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/DST/K/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/SP/SP/RP/RP/C/F/F/D/D/G/ a RB/WR/SS/G flex a QB/TE/OF/D flex and a DST/K/1B/Coach flex.

Our bench is 20 players deep. Buy in is $25000 a season, and roster transactions cost $1000 a piece.

Also, just before the draft we all sit in a giant circle in order of the previous years standings and we get to remove two players from the owner sitting to our left (odd years) or right (even years). The anti keeper rule. Next year we are thinking of expanding, possibly into MLS.

We have a full minor league system, consisting of 128 separate owners divided up into A, AA ,AAA. and AAAA We play full relegation rules. The top two teams in each minor league are promoted to the next higher league next season. The last two finishers in the "Majors" get relegated to A and have to start completely over.

The season lasts 365 days. We also draft a franchise offseason, and we get scored on things like player acquisitions, offseason arrests, and positive/negative press.

ROFL :lol:

One of my favorite posts of all time. Well done soufy, well done. :first:

The OP's fantasies require 2 more dudes than the rest of us. That is cool... Whatever floats his boat.

That reminds me: never make eye contact in a devil's three-way...

Post of the year. On my way to the wax museum.

Got any openings.?

Disrespecting 10 team league owners is almost as dumb as posting 10 team league rosters..

Just sayin'

Disrespecting 10 team league owners is almost as dumb as posting 10 team league rosters..

Just sayin'

Can we get a message bored just for the superior 12 team and better owners? It's only respectful to their hard work and determination. They can post their fake football rosters there.

10 team league 2QB = ideal

Your not worthy your not worthy

Me too. One of my oldest friends. I smothered him in his sleep. Didn't want to do it, felt like I owed it to him.

Oooh. That's a little harsh. I would've just punched him in the face in front of his wife and kids (and dog).

I started a two man league with a good friend today. We start 11 and have nobody on the bench. After this week, you have to drop all eleven players and cannot own any of those eleven the rest of the year. Each week we will draft eleven players. I'm pretty stoked about our "league". I'm anxious to see who will be there in weeks 12, 13, 14.....It's kind of like survivor football.

To add even more shame to my two man league, the winner only gets $20!

I started a two man league with a good friend today. We start 11 and have nobody on the bench. After this week, you have to drop all eleven players and cannot own any of those eleven the rest of the year. Each week we will draft eleven players. I'm pretty stoked about our "league". I'm anxious to see who will be there in weeks 12, 13, 14.....It's kind of like survivor football.

And the loser has the blow the winner!

In front of his wife and kids.....

In front of his wife and kids.....

:lol:

That will teach him to lose at fantasy football. This shlt is serious. If you don't win your wife and kids (and dog) get to see you blow another man.

:lol:

That will teach him to lose at fantasy football. This shlt is serious. If you don't win your wife and kids (and dog) get to see you blow another man.

...and get punched in the face.

Your friend had Payton last night didn't he. :wall:

I play in a 424-team league, snake draft, IDP scoring as well as points for offensive linemen's pancake blocks and sacks allowed. I was really hoping that Marcus Dowtin would fall to me at 2.311 but wouldn't you know it, someone grabbed him three picks before me, so I took Jordan Senn instead. We allow 5 minutes per pick so by the time I draft again, which will be in roughly 2 days, I'll be on the lookout for a quality long snapper. What are the odds that Clint Gresham will still be out there?

• Like 1

these teams i see on here with every team stacked is crazy

once i played in a 12 man league i never looked back

i'd rather play in a 16 team league than 10 team. i think there is more skill involved in the draft.

12 team and above leagues are pretty much a joke IMO. Not sure why anyone would waste time doing that trash. 12 team and above leagues are mostly luck. You must be scared to do a real league where it takes skill huh? Poor kid.

I play in a 424-team league, snake draft, IDP scoring as well as points for offensive linemen's pancake blocks and sacks allowed. I was really hoping that Marcus Dowtin would fall to me at 2.311 but wouldn't you know it, someone grabbed him three picks before me, so I took Jordan Senn instead. We allow 5 minutes per pick so by the time I draft again, which will be in roughly 2 days, I'll be on the lookout for a quality long snapper. What are the odds that Clint Gresham will still be out there?

You better have a good backup long snapper, remember when the Steelers didn't and had James Harrison throw it out of the endzone? I would go Long Snapper / Long Snapper at the turn.

You better have a good backup long snapper, remember when the Steelers didn't and had James Harrison throw it out of the endzone? I would go Long Snapper / Long Snapper at the turn.

I prefer long snapper / pink snapper at the turn.

Is that why you intentionally draft bad teams, cause that's how you and your friends roll?