Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Fiend

Demarco Murray

Which way does this guy go this year??? I have him as a RB2 and read all the hate about his injuries, etc.... Is he very under-rated? Or is he just another RB2-3 so so back? If he stays healthy does this guy blow up? Don't watch many Dallas games so just curious from those Cowboy fans out there....

Dallas doesn't run block well.

this. while the NYG game was a decent start, DAL is going to have to prove that they can run the ball against a good defense committed to stopping them before murray can re-enter the conversation about productive FF RBs. murray has talent (especially in the passing game), but the OL has been so bad over the last 2 years that it's impossible to endorse him.

at this point, i think he's a flex/depth guy until DAL proves otherwise.

Exactly. Dallas has "said" they want to run the ball more. However I see that Dallas is still a passing team. In the redzone they don't hardly run the ball. It's still a passing play to dez, witten, or miles Austin. Murray hardly ever gets TDs unless they are for,20 yards out. Still I like Murray until he gets hurt. Which will eventually happen sometime this year. So plan on him going down and having to use someone else. Plus like the posters above me said Dallas doesn't run block well. Yet I still think h is a good flex play as a rb2. But in deeper leagues I can see him being a rb2.

who runs the ball anymore? if you have a game breaker, feed him the ball,

but its so easy to pass, why bother?

Murray is an RB2 low end, but you need some back up RB3s and RB4s on the bench ( and I am NOT saying a Dallas RB handcuff) in case he goes down. I don't have Murray on any of my teams, but if I did, I'd be comfortable with people like D Rich, D Williams and Bradshaw as back ups.

Murray was great as a waiver wire pickup a couple of years ago, other than that not much to write home about. 6 Career TD's out of 24 games, SIX!!! One 100 yard rushing game since his waiver wire season. He won't win you any leagues. Good flex player though.

this. while the NYG game was a decent start, DAL is going to have to prove that they can run the ball against a good defense committed to stopping them before murray can re-enter the conversation about productive FF RBs. murray has talent (especially in the passing game), but the OL has been so bad over the last 2 years that it's impossible to endorse him.

at this point, i think he's a flex/depth guy until DAL proves otherwise.

This is absurd. Murray is a decent RB2 when healthy. Especially in PPR. If you want to talk about what it'd take for him to approach RB1 status, fine. But to call him a bench guy? Maybe in a six team league.

This is absurd. Murray is a decent RB2 when healthy. Especially in PPR. If you want to talk about what it'd take for him to approach RB1 status, fine. But to call him a bench guy? Maybe in a six team league.

what i'd like you to do is to go back over the last two years, add up all DAL's rushing TDs, and then subtract those scored by romo. then tell me that you'd feel comfortable starting any DAL RB in the 2 slot.

i'm the biggest DAL homer that you're likely to meet, but until DAL demonstrates that they have fixed the run game, murray is a flex and depth guy.

If you were to put Murray behind Seattle's line, he would all of the sudden become a great #1 back. Unfortunately he runs behind this one - and it sucks ass. I would not trust Dallas or him to run with any consistency this year.

If you were to put Murray behind Seattle's line, he would all of the sudden become a great #1 back. Unfortunately he runs behind this one - and it sucks ass. I would not trust Dallas or him to run with any consistency this year.

That can be said for majority of the running backs in this league.

big dallas homer and yeah the run blocking stinks but i am holding out hopw that they will start blocking better now that they are going to be starting waters on interior of the line it should help...in pper leagues murray is a solid RB2 in standard leagues more liek a low end rb2/flex guy.....

Murray puts up high RB2 numbers when healthy but its the when healthy part that's the problem. I'm an oklahoma homer and I can tell you the guy was always hurt in college, so it's no surprise that he has yet to finish a full season in the pros. If you draft him it should be with the expectation that he won't be able to play all 16 games.

The problem with Murray is he doesn't get many goal line carries. He has never had more than 5 tds in a season since he entered the league. All his points come from receptions (ppr) or yards. I've been a Murray fan. I drafted him last year and year before that, so I've been following this guy.

I drafted Murray as my RB2. With McCoy as RB1 that's ok, but if I had anybody else a tier or two lower than McCoy, I'd really be worried. Murray has at least shown a presence on my roster weeks 1 and 2 (I believe 12 and 7 points, respectively), but I hoping he can stay in the 12-15 range as the season progresses.

I have heard several people say he is in better physical condition this year, and I certainly hope so...that could be the real difference maker for him.

I'm encouraged by his involvement in the passing game. He may not score a ton of TDs this year, but I think his catches will make up for a lot of that and he will be a relatively consistent RB2. I'm hoping once Waters gets more assimilated that the run blocking will improve as well.

is it time to trade him?

That's what I was thinking: sell high on him? My concern is that he gets injured or something. But is it possible he could produce at a high level all season?

Murray looked good yesterday and performed like most think he can. But I caution, do not fall in love with this game and do not put all your eggs in the Dallas run game - it still is average at best. We won't get the Rams every week.

Murray looked good yesterday and performed like most think he can. But I caution, do not fall in love with this game and do not put all your eggs in the Dallas run game - it still is average at best. We won't get the Rams every week.

This. Yesterday was probably as good as it gets for Murray this year (own Murray in 2 leagues). Fact is, Dallas doesn't run much inside the 10, and they don't often have a big lead either, both of which played into Murray's favor yesterday.

That's what I was thinking: sell high on him? My concern is that he gets injured or something. But is it possible he could produce at a high level all season?

Sell high for who? The rbs that are down right now are Wilson, Trich, Spiller, Rice, Foster, Morris, Bush.

Are you really going to feel more comfortable with one of them over Murray? I guess if you have good rb depth it is could be a solid move, but there arent many teams out there with solid depth.

The reason for selling high on Murray is because you think he'll get hurt. It shouldn't be because you think this game was a fluke. If, and I know how big of an "if" this is, he plays 15-16 games, he's an easy top 10 RB. Especially in PPR formats

Sell high for who? The rbs that are down right now are Wilson, Trich, Spiller, Rice, Foster, Morris, Bush.

Are you really going to feel more comfortable with one of them over Murray? I guess if you have good rb depth it is could be a solid move, but there arent many teams out there with solid depth.

I could try selling him for a top-flight WR, maybe AJ Green or the like. I'm pretty focked at WR thanks to Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe and Hakeem Nicks.

It's usually a poor idea to give up a good RB for any receiver but if Murray is just gonna get hurt soon... :dunno:

this week went a long way towards proving something. STL has a pretty good front 7, and the DAL O line did a job on them.

if they keep this up, murray looks to have a strong year.

im not too scared to keep him but ive offered him and bolden for lynch and wayne just to see what happens anyways. i mean theyve got more points so far so whatever.

Murray was in line for great day and the cow chokes stopped giving it to him in 2nd qtr when he already had 40 yds. This team is totally, by far, pass first team. Trade Murray now while his value is still high!!