Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

RB in St. Louis this week?

it's the slightly better than giovanni clip that sold me

Me too, though I'm really not buying it. First, he basically took his 4.51 forty and reps lifting and then assumed the rest of the combine numbers. The guy kind of lost me when he started saying that he's a 4.4 guy when 100% healthy, yet another assumption. Very flawed and unreliable. Also, he doesn't look nearly as fast as he was in college. But, it was enough to take a shot. If there's news he is starting, I'll keep him. If not, I'll probably drop him over an IDP I spent too much on, in order to have someone to start for Gronk at TE. I don't think there is enough upside there. Even if he does well, I doubt Pead or Richardson disappear and it is still a bad running offense. I'm disappointed I drafted Richardson in the first place.

lets muddy it up even more

ESPN Rams blogger Nick Wagoner believes "it seems as though it’s time" for rookie Zac Stacy to "at least lead the committee" in St. Louis' backfield.

It's not clear if Wagoner has heard this at Rams Park or is simply throwing it out there, but 12- and 14-team leaguers could make worse use of a bench spot than to stash the fifth-round pick out of Vanderbilt. Stacy was a favorite of Rotoworld college prospects guru Josh Norris before April's draft. "I think Zac’s done a really good job since he’s been here," Sam Bradford said. "He’s a very talented runner. He’s a powerful guy. He’s got great vision. He makes cuts in the hole that are quick and decisive, so I’m excited to see him out there."

lets muddy it up even more

ESPN Rams blogger Nick Wagoner believes "it seems as though it’s time" for rookie Zac Stacy to "at least lead the committee" in St. Louis' backfield.

It's not clear if Wagoner has heard this at Rams Park or is simply throwing it out there, but 12- and 14-team leaguers could make worse use of a bench spot than to stash the fifth-round pick out of Vanderbilt. Stacy was a favorite of Rotoworld college prospects guru Josh Norris before April's draft. "I think Zac’s done a really good job since he’s been here," Sam Bradford said. "He’s a very talented runner. He’s a powerful guy. He’s got great vision. He makes cuts in the hole that are quick and decisive, so I’m excited to see him out there."

I added Benny first, but now cut him, and added Stacy, I'll go with who the QB is touting, this might be his opportunity, if the Rams get the lead against Jax early, he could get 20+ carries to see what they got

Boo. idk who to keep. I have one spot open as I dropped Bolden and picked up Cunningham. Both Pead and Stacy are also available. Think I'll stick with Cunningham for now.

This whole situation is a mess honestly. I added Cunningham but I think it will be a rbbc most likely the rest of the year. I doubt any running back will take the lead and really be worth a roster spot. Its worth it to take a shot but I'll probably end up dropping Benny by next week.

Peas blows

A matter of time for benny

This is the biggest thing. The Rams rbs are nothing special which should allow BC to get some solid playing time.

Then again, we have seen the best player sit by and watch the less talented alternatives get more touches ala Daniel Thomas.

None of the backs have looked good at all, except Richardson in the first half of week one, before he first hurt his foot. I'd value all these guys lower than even the fringiest of starters--even guys like McGahee--and wouldn't argue with anyone who cut a Rams back for a one-week waiver flier. If Spiller is out tonight, I may do just that and drop Richardson for Rashad Jennings in a league where we have very short benches.

I'm sticking with Benny for now...

Going with the dude with the increase touches over the past few weeks...

I find it hard to believe Pead will go from a healthy scratch to starter.

Stacy from no carries the past 3 games to starter.

I grabbed Pead and hung onto him through the week. This whole situation is ugly. Stacy is probably the guy to get a shot, since Pead seems to be a guy with some skill, but some baggage.

All of them kinda stink. :dunno:

my head hurts..!!! my whole bench is full of these benny what ifs...ap is on bye so i'm kinda snookered with quiz for my rb that i wanna drop for benny

...,my other what ifs .....bradshaw,ivory,goodson,ellington :doh:

guess goodson is getting whacked ...,it's the slightly better than giovanni clip that sold me

This ^

Nick Wagoner Senior Staff Writer for the Rams seems to be hinting Zac Stacy could be the starting back Sunday, Wagoner has a solid reputation with the Rams and credibility in the media to tie his name with Stacy as the possible starter.....also Bradford this week endorsed Stacy as a very talented back....quote..."Im glad to see him out there,"... which suggest he might be receiving first team reps....

If you need a starting RB from the Rams, my money is on Stacy, he is very physical similar to Morris of the Skins.../..

• Like 1

Anyone get clarification on this? Id like to pick up one of these fools and start them in a 14 team league where we flex 2. Cunningham, pead and zac are all out there, and I need to get my FAAB bids in. I think I'm gonna go stacy, pead, Cunningham in that order, hope I land one with 3-4 bucks, and dump lance Dunbar.

I thought this was a headline. . .

"RB in St. Louis!"

I wanted to know who was vacationing there . . .

Anyone get clarification on this? Id like to pick up one of these fools and start them in a 14 team league where we flex 2. Cunningham, pead and zac are all out there, and I need to get my FAAB bids in. I think I'm gonna go stacy, pead, Cunningham in that order, hope I land one with 3-4 bucks, and dump lance Dunbar.

I gambled on Stacy. Guess it'll be a GTD!

Stacy seems like the logical way to go since he is the largest unknown quantity. Although it's not like Pead has much of a body of work either; his benchings seem to be more of the disciplinary variety than based purely on suckage. I'm sure I'll overpay for one of them and then Benny will blow up.

Wish I didn't have this problem, but it's either a ram RB flier or DHB as my Flex2 this week. Blows.

so, can we try to narrow down the 2 most likely candidates to emerge this weekend? obviously, there is the chance that 3 or 4 backs will all get 6 carries and there will be no clear picture - so there's no reason to discuss that further.

here's what we know: pead has been #2 on depth chart all along

cunningham seems to be a board favorite after last week's performance

stacey was a preseason favorite based on name

which 2 of these 3 have the greatest chance of emerging as THE guy and who has the least chance?

so, can we try to narrow down the 2 most likely candidates to emerge this weekend? obviously, there is the chance that 3 or 4 backs will all get 6 carries and there will be no clear picture - so there's no reason to discuss that further.

here's what we know: pead has been #2 on depth chart all along

cunningham seems to be a board favorite after last week's performance

stacey was a preseason favorite based on name

which 2 of these 3 have the greatest chance of emerging as THE guy and who has the least chance?

My guess..

Cunningham/Stacy this week.

I can't see Pead going for healthy scratch to starting. Richardson's day as starter might be gone.

My guess..

Cunningham/Stacy this week.

I can't see Pead going for healthy scratch to starting. Richardson's day as starter might be gone.

i hear you...it just seems that pead has been listed as #2 all along and there was even the quote from the coach that he would get more opportunity this week. argh, difficult choice here. but it seems that your point makes sense - if they needed a roster spot that might normally go to a runningback, why would it not have been cunningham that was the scratch?

Never thought Rams rbs would ever get this much interest on this forum. It's going to be a committee folks. Coach Fisher thought he could find a legit RB amongst a group of inexperienced rbs, but it's definitely not working out. So he just throwing them out there, hoping one of them sticks. The offensive line is playing like crap too. It's a situation to avoid.

Never thought Rams rbs would ever get this much interest on this forum. It's going to be a committee folks. Coach Fisher thought he could find a legit RB amongst a group of inexperienced rbs, but it's definitely not working out. So he just throwing them out there, hoping one of them sticks. The offensive line is playing like crap too. It's a situation to avoid.

of course, some of us are in dynasty/keeper formats where simply having a starting runningback with potential to grow into something more is very valuable. you said it yourself: "inexperienced" - an inexperienced runningback can become an experienced one in short order, and i want the guy on my roster when he does

I grabbed stacy and have my fingers crossed, hoping he starts has a killer game and i can trade him ASAP

So basically there are 4 RB's and no one knows who the best option is? Will they all even be active on game day?

I had rostered both Cunningham and Stacy earlier in the week. With Ridley out and Bolden gimpy, I wanted to drop one for Blount... kept Stacy, which means Cunningham will definitely blow up.

I'm living the STL RB cluster and it sucks. Until someone emerges, I'd stay away unless you start team RBs vice individuals. Fisher is a run first guy but is still looking for a dominant rock carrier. When he finds one, he'll run them into the dirt. Until that time, nothing to see here... move along.

As for D. Richardson, I'm benching him and his 1 FFpt/week production this week which guarantees he goes off. YWIA.

After hearing the chatter about Stacy possibly getting some work, I took a flier on him. I don't think anybody is picking these guys up expecting to start them this week, but I also think it's worth taking a chance that one emerges. I could be 100% wrong on this, but I think Stacy has potential to be a poor-man's Alfred Morris--a low-drafted RB who is more of a one-cut power back that comes out of nowhere to steal the job. FWIW, here's an article on Stacy from June: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/43274/321/third-day-gems-rb-stacy

Stacy could get 0 carries this week, while the other 3 backs get 6 each in a full blown RBBC. No harm done, I'll just drop him on Tuesday for the next guy. I think he's worth a stash for one week if you've got room though.

I'm 99% confident, Cunningham will be the back with the most touches.

Again, here's my reasoning.

D. Richardson has essentially played himself out of the starting role.

I. Plead was a healthy scratch last weekend. You just don't go from healthy scratch to starting in this league without any injuries to the players in front of you.

Stacy haven't gotten one carry in the past 3 games. He's also the slowest of the 3 backs.

Cunningham - Now here's a guy coming out of no where. Ended up backing up Richardson and Plead the past 2 weeks. His touches have gone up every game. Another reason cunnigham gets the node is his pass catching abilities. I believe he's already the 3rd down back.

Cunningham cunningham..

Can't read too much into a performance against Jax, but Stacy did average 2 full ypc more than Richardson (5.6). Probably earned some more work moving forward.

What Stacy has in the pants is a revelation and the St. Louis running game will flourish. The guy's britches look like someone dumped a taco salad in them. Straight murdered them britches before the rib injury.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Can't read too much into a performance against Jax, but Stacy did average 2 full ypc more than Richardson (5.6). Probably earned some more work moving forward.

His longest run on the day was only 12 yards too. He was consistently ripping off good runs. My Alfred Morris-lite prediction might not be too far off.