Sign in to follow this  
highsider5

Official can we get Jimmy Graham a nickname thread

Megatron.. Shady.. All day.. sweetness.. beast mode...... surely in the world of vernacular, we can elect a handle for this guy who will be in Canton next to Gonzo someday, the guy is just lighting up the board weekly, so let's get this dude a hook.

I'll make the first guess.... How about Cujo? I'm still scared of that damn dog coming around the corner, I think opposing defenses feel the same.

Are we purposely trying to jinx him? If he gets hurt I'm blaming this thread.

Gramatron

floated that once, didn't stick... plus JG deserves an original handle so I think we can dig up better

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=424774&page=2&&do=findComment&comment=5107484

coppertone is pretty good really, since it wasn't a sunblock at all and having that all over you was a near guarantee that you would get burned... lotsa win right thar :)

The Mailman

Cause he always delivers and Karl Malone never did! His basketball history and I think this would piss off Tony Gonzalez for some reason too.

Coppertone gets my vote!

I believe, Cameron Wake holds that.

Damn.

Okay, sticking with the unstoppable monster theme: "Swamp Thing." Appropriate because he plays in Louisiana.

How about Pieces or Franchise or Easy Wind or Critical Bill or Mr. Shhhh.

Buckwheats to all........

some here are prob too dull to see the great part about Coppertone. Its not just the sunscreen...The name fits 2 ways because this guy is also ethnically a strange red headed black guy, and copper is likened to the color red so it fits both ways and theres never been a better nickname that fits so well. Id even bet Criper didnt even make that corrolation, but its just so perfect.

The answer is . . . Coppertone.

Come on, if this catches on, everyone in the football world will know that it started here at FFToday.

This thread was over 27 posts ago.

Come on, if this catches on, everyone in the football world will know that it started here at FFToday.

it would be nice to contribute to the cause, maybe get three of you off my arse :clap:

there are some good suggestions already, but coppertone is a pretty good handle, it works, it fits, it's funny here.... gonna take a real ringer to displace it I think.

coppertone :)

I vote Coppertone.

I would have submitted "copperhead" cuz Jimmy G. is venomous. Julius Thomas is "Orange Julius", so no orange for the other #80.

some here are prob too dull to see the great part about Coppertone. Its not just the sunscreen...The name fits 2 ways because this guy is also ethnically a strange red headed black guy, and copper is likened to the color red so it fits both ways and theres never been a better nickname that fits so well. Id even bet Criper didnt even make that corrolation, but its just so perfect.

No, I think people get it. They're just a little dubious about a nickname that's a tacky reference to the skin/hair color of a biracial player.

Why would it catch on? It's funny to people who understand the context, but if you don't post here and get the inside "burned" joke, it's a pretty stupid nickname.

No, I think people get it. They're just a little dubious about a nickname that's a tacky reference to the skin/hair color of a biracial player.

I don't think people will split copper and tone into a slur on the guy, I bet even Obama voters would think of suntan lotion first.

Why would it catch on? It's funny to people who understand the context, but if you don't post here and get the inside "burned" joke, it's a pretty stupid nickname.

Other people don't need to know about the "burn" joke as there are several ways to interpret the nickname.