Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Calvin Johnson's best days are behind him.

Why, how many fantasy points do you get for that?

There is definite reasons to doubt him. In my league he is ranked 16 on ppg and 22nd in total points (without having his bye). That is very disappointing and not what I was hoping for taking him in the first round. I am exploring trades for him but have found it is impossible to get true value because of the injury and lack of production.

Grow up

Yeah, because he is magically gonna get younger and healthier as time goes by.

Well, the body is an amazing thing. Injuries heal as time goes by so yeah, he will get healthier. I didn't realize 28 was the death sentence for WR's.

this is frustrating as an owner but he is far from done. Laughable.

I did bench vjax for him so kinda pissed. Had Decker and Blackmon in my lineup with Calvin. Meh.

I cant afford another week of him coming in every 8 snaps. As soon as i bench him he will go off.

Well, the body is an amazing thing. Injuries heal as time goes by so yeah, he will get healthier. I didn't realize 28 was the death sentence for WR's.

He won't even be in the top 5 fantasy wrs at the end of the year

I recall after 5 weeks last year laughing at the guy who drafted Calvin saying the madden curse had struck again. He would go on to break a Jerry Rice revered record, nuff said.

Grow up

Top 3 WR's for the next 5 years in this order.

Calvin

Dez

Green

Move on you rookies

This comment and post is stupid

Well done Canada, it seems like you are bringing a lot to this thread.

• Like 1

Is Rodgers done as well?

Hill? He won't even be on my list.

You might want to consider it. Hill would be in his third year, a common breakout year for WRs. Geno Smith looks like a pure pocket passer with an arm, and should be more consistent in his second year. Basically Hill becomes an intriguing sleeper next year.

Well done Canada, it seems like you are bringing a lot to this thread.

WOW!!

I'm not going to waste my time writing about the most dominant WR we've probably ever seen- a guy who's 27 and just coming off the most dominant season in the history of WR's, all because a rookie fantasy poster started a stupid post..... Not yet anyway. I'll wait 8 more years when he retires and then I'll write a post asking the question who's the best WR of all time MEGATRON or RICE.....Until then, I'm done with this post.

Is Rodgers done as well?

Rodgers can't control his WRs getting hurt and he also can't catch the ball for them. All Calvin has to do is catch the ball and he can't seem to really do that anymore. Not sure why everyone is having a hard time understanding this concept. There is a reason his numbers are terrible this year. He doesn't have it anymore. 4 horrible games out of 6 and now you think he is magically just gonna wake up and tear the league apart?

Rodgers can't control his WRs getting hurt and he also can't catch the ball for them. All Calvin has to do is catch the ball and he can't seem to really do that anymore. Not sure why everyone is having a hard time understanding this concept. There is a reason his numbers are terrible this year. He doesn't have it anymore. 4 horrible games out of 6 and now you think he is magically just gonna wake up and tear the league apart?

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-wr.php

That link is the rest of the way rankings for the top WR's. It's an average of 20 fantasy football writers from various sites. They take into account strength of schedule and injuries. take a peek.

You sure can tell who the youngsters are.

Easy to spot. They're the ones that over-react every time a stud gets blanked.....I've been playing fantasy for over 15 years-been a member in this site 11years....I've seen it all buddy.

I should've started Bowe today :cry: :cry: :cry:

What were you thinking

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-wr.php

That link is the rest of the way rankings for the top WR's. It's an average of 20 fantasy football writers from various sites. They take into account strength of schedule and injuries. take a peek.

I would put zero weight into that. Out of all those idiots the highest anyone put Blackmon was 20 and some moron put him at 47. DUMB.

Just about as dumb as this thread is. Megatron will be fine

I recall after 5 weeks last year laughing at the guy who drafted Calvin saying the madden curse had struck again. He would go on to break a Jerry Rice revered record, nuff said.

Last year was the only season I had Johnson. I was a little disappointed after the first third of the season. He just didn't seem to live up to the hype. Then he straight up exploded. He barely even played against the Browns and didn't look healthy at all. Just wait until he's healthy and I think he will explode just like he did last season.

I would put zero weight into that. Out of all those idiots the highest anyone put Blackmon was 20 and some moron put him at 47. DUMB.

Just about as dumb as this thread is. Megatron will be fine

Well to be clear, at the moment that list is rankings from last week. I'm sure Blackmon will be much higher than 33rd in a day or two. With fantasypros, you need to filter out the "experts" who are morons. And there are more than a few of them out there. Usually if you pick the "top 10" or so you get a pretty decent list. There aren't as many "experts" who do the rest of season rankings though.

Well to be clear, at the moment that list is rankings from last week. I'm sure Blackmon will be much higher than 33rd in a day or two. With fantasypros, you need to filter out the "experts" who are morons. And there are more than a few of them out there. Usually if you pick the "top 10" or so you get a pretty decent list. There aren't as many "experts" who do the rest of season rankings though.

ok I guess still not very credable. I mean even before last week to rank him 47th.

Here is my problem in a ppr league. I am not giving up on Calvin but watched every play vs Browns and Calvin was nothing more than a decoy 95% of the game and played on only 40% of the snaps and Stafford barely looked at him.

3-25 isnt going to cut it when I have

Vincent Jackson who i benched for Mega, Decker, and Blackmon.

Its a problem when you have very little info coming out of Detroit as far as WTF is even wrong with him? At this point I am 3-3 and cant afford to have another game like Mega had Sunday.

Decker, Vincent, and Blackmon are my starters this week. With that said Mega will Blow up. :dunno: Thoughts appreciated on Calvins status. Will he be the same? Will he be better? I hate benching my studs. :mad:

just traded him, jared cook and gb d for ridley, gronk and seattle d...my best rbs before trade were law firm and mendenhall :shocking:. wr's are aj green welker, cobb and keenen allen ..now with cobb out i still gotta start law firm.. :doh:

returned to practice today...rare for him on a Wednesday. all systems go for this week. anyone who got rid of him is going to feel foolish in a couple of weeks.

WRs & knee issues especially ones that could linger, aren't good. period. Sure he will still be productive but this knee could make him average 15-25 in a ppr as opposed to 30-40 without a knee issue. Still good & productive, but not monster numbers. If anything his presence helps Bush more than himself.

returned to practice today...rare for him on a Wednesday. all systems go for this week. anyone who got rid of him is going to feel foolish in a couple of weeks.

However, they won't look nearly as stupid a BTL99 has in this thread of ignorance.

Rotoworld reporting Calvin Johnson is practicing again today/thursday. Beat writers observing said Calvin was Looking Good. Says he should be far closer to 100 percent than last week.

And so it begins....shall I bench Blackmon, Vincent Jackson, or Decker in a ppr for Calvin start 3?

Never bench your studs but is he gonna be a decoy again? Limited snaps? Stafford staring down Kris Dunham again?

A good problem to have but it is maddening because the one on the bench is going to blow up!!!! :mad: :dunno: :mad:

Cant believe the fear in this thread, guys he will be fine. Hes the games best WR, period. A stretch of decoy bad health games is frustrating but it happens, look at Roddy. The nfl is a game of inches, if you are even a millisecond slower than usual it can affect your day, missing a ball by a hair or being a half step slower puts you on the level of most other players or worse. He will rebound fine and have a monster 2nd half of the season just like last year if he stays healthy.

I'll wait 8 more years when he retires and then I'll write a post asking the question who's the best WR of all time MEGATRON or RICE

It could be close but I highly doubt it, especially if Calvin goes without a ring the whole time. Yea SB arent as important to WR as they are to QB legacies but when you start getting multiples they begin to add to it. He broke 1 of Rices many untouchable records but there are plenty more that are simply out of reach for mortal men.

I'm starting him with confidence.

I need RBs bad and was offered Bush and Jordy (or VJAX) for Calvin.....I didn't pull the trigger yet.

However, they won't look nearly as stupid a BTL99 has in this thread of ignorance.

I'll remember you said this when you realize in a few weeks that the guy isn't good anymore. I'll bump this thread just for you!

Cant believe the fear in this thread, guys he will be fine. Hes the games best WR, period. A stretch of decoy bad health games is frustrating but it happens, look at Roddy. The nfl is a game of inches, if you are even a millisecond slower than usual it can affect your day, missing a ball by a hair or being a half step slower puts you on the level of most other players or worse. He will rebound fine and have a monster 2nd half of the season just like last year if he stays healthy.

It could be close but I highly doubt it, especially if Calvin goes without a ring the whole time. Yea SB arent as important to WR as they are to QB legacies but when you start getting multiples they begin to add to it. He broke 1 of Rices many untouchable records but there are plenty more that are simply out of reach for mortal men.

I know.....I am a little fearful after watching the game last week at Cleveland. Just dont want a repeat of that again. I will end up starting the Beast Mega if he is active as always with no setbacks. just makes it tough to bench a healthy blackmon, vjax, or decker.

I guess decker in a ppr is the odd man out??? tough decision.

I know it will be harder to stomach Mega going off on my bench as opposed to decker.

I need RBs bad and was offered Bush and Jordy (or VJAX) for Calvin.....I didn't pull the trigger yet.

I was in a similar spot, desperate for RBs in a PPR w/ my season hanging on by a thread so I traded him for woodhead & jordy. It paid off last week, I wouldve lost and slipped to 1-5 had I not made the trade. Just dont see calvin having the monster games this season, sure he'll be productive but just dont see the monster games.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Depends if he gets healthy and has some monster games.

Part of me things this is all BS.

Why would the Lions come out and say MegaTron is back and 100%?

Lions would be smart to say he's 75%, limited reps, etc....and watch teams not double and triple team him.

Then he gets his numbered called and BAM, 75 yards later.

Part of the game....IMHO, as an owner.

Part of me things this is all BS.

Why would the Lions come out and say MegaTron is back and 100%?

Lions would be smart to say he's 75%, limited reps, etc....and watch teams not double and triple team him.

Then he gets his numbered called and BAM, 75 yards later.

Part of the game....IMHO, as an owner.

true

If you need a rb that bad, this is a great trade. Jordy is the only healthy GB wr, and Bush has been a top 5 rb. Even if Calvin is healthy, I can't see him outscoring these 2 every week.

If you need a rb that bad, this is a great trade. Jordy is the only healthy GB wr, and Bush has been a top 5 rb. Even if Calvin is healthy, I can't see him outscoring these 2 every week.

I lost sjax and Bradshaw

Sproles on a bye

Benched mendy

Have smelling and denagelo, So yeah I'm desperate

Lost Julio too so I feel I need to make a move or I will drift away and start preparing for next years draft

Owner is offering vjax but I'm pushing for jordy