Sign in to follow this  
MDC

David Wilson

dude, i just pissed myself.

wrs are deep this year so lets load up on rbs and not draft dez, aj green, jimmy graham, etc in round 2

:music_guitarred:

If I could choose between 9/11 not happening and not drafting David Wilson in the 2nd rnd last year...lets just say there would still be some very sad families out there.

The moment after I heard the Andre Brown went down I was ready to give the trophy to the guy that drafted David Wilson in the 3rd round. I was kicking myself for passing him up. Wilson was set up for a MONSTER workload with nobody in front of him and vintage CJ2K explosiveness. The last time I was that wrong I blew my entire waiver budget on Brandon Jackson after week 1 in 2010.

I acquired him rather cheap in my dynasty league...mainly as a flier. If he gets medical clearance...I fully expect him to be able to put up low end RB2 numbers. If he doesn't get cleared...oh well.

For most... I'd assume you have to hold at this point. No one is going to buy this guy before hearing any news about the neck

I wouldn't touch him in an early redraft.

I think even if he gets medical clearance it might be hard to put up number 2 numbers in a change of pace / return man role

I think even if he gets medical clearance it might be hard to put up number 2 numbers in a change of pace / return man role

so assuming he gets cleared, which he will, it's just a recovery thing, what's ur read on the NYG backfield?

how do u see it unfolding? what's the split? yds? how do u rank the NYG running game overall this yr?

so assuming he gets cleared, which he will, it's just a recovery thing, what's ur read on the NYG backfield?

how do u see it unfolding? what's the split? yds? how do u rank the NYG running game overall this yr?

I believe he will be cleared as well but considering it's taken this long and considering going the severity of the injury (severity to the point there was lots of initial talk that his career might be over) can we really expect Wilson to have a big enough workload this year? I fully understand his talent and potential, I just happen to believe the Giants will be cautious with his usage and rely on Jennings who has three down tools.

On top of all that is the Giants offensive line which has not greatly improved itself.

Time will tell but I just can't see how or why the Giants could give a big enough workload to Wilson to get him to fantasy RB2 status.

If you're buying for dynasty purposes, I understand and support but your window to get him cheap has closed.

Another former VaTech POS, don't waste a roster spot on such garbage.

I took him in a league that counts return yards, assuming he gets a bunch of those, and a few carries and receptions here and there (Until game 4 in which he'll stub his toe and have to have season-ending surgery)

Wilson will be a 3rd down, change of pace back. More value in PPR. There are a few reasons I don't expect him being a factor on special teams. Yes, there are the issues with his durability, but also the Giants signed Quintin Demps in the offseason and he is expected to be the primary kick returner.

Whatchu talkin bout, Hillis?

I almost forgot about him. I think he will have a long career as a utility player for the Giants if he can improve his pass blocking ... he's gonna have a job in that system until he retires.

That being said, I am not at all sold on Jennings. How that is going to work out, we will have to see, but i expect RBBC, as usual. Giants won 2 Superbowls wearing down defenses with Brandon Jacobs (who was a great pass blocker) so shut up about his weak fantasy numbers. He was 260 lbs of muscle that hurt defenses and made it easier for the passing game to flourish. Giants haven't really had "Thunder and Lighting" since Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Is Wilson gonna step up and show that he has the skills and the durability to be the back he was drafted to be? We'll see. Or, we'll see Williams in that role. I wouldn't expect big numbers from him either. Rookie RBs for the Giants tend not to get very many carries since Ron Dayne.

It's a little bit of a closterfock right now ... I just, never seen much speed, or any particular skill out of Jennings. Not sure he's the "bell cow" for that system. I almost like Hillis more in fantasy this year. Hillis is slow, but experienced and more versatile. If he can improve his blocking ... Hillis could steal more touches than you think.

Wilson ... could be a breakout year for him. It's all so up in the air right now, I have no idea. That's how Coughlin wants it. He doesn't know either. But the cream will rise to the top. Either Wilson, Williams, Hillis or Jennings will win the starting job.

HTH

Just saw on the FFtoday main page the David Wilson has be cleared for "everything" football activities. As a past owner he has a huge up side if healthy but I don't think I would use more than a last round pick on him. If that much.

Just saw on the FFtoday main page the David Wilson has be cleared for "everything" football activities. As a past owner he has a huge up side if healthy but I don't think I would use more than a last round pick on him. If that much.

he's for sure a flyer.

late rd pick well spent.

if u dont invest much, these are the kind of upside plays that have the potential to pay off big.

I know there's a quote from Tom Hanks' Castaways that applies to Wilson ... I just can't think of it. Oh wait ...

WILSON! WILSON! WILSON! WILSON!

Now he's got neck issues abain. They it's a burner, but they're running tests. WTF? Seriously, I almost picked him up off waivers because I was starting to buy into the Giants' hype.

Now he's got neck issues abain. They it's a burner, but they're running tests. WTF? Seriously, I almost picked him up off waivers because I was starting to buy into the Giants' hype.

bad sign. i usually dont read too much into this kinda stuff but it's hard to not worry, again.

Williams is the best runner on the team... Dude is smart as hell too... Coughlin will give him a chance he will take it and run..

Williams is the best runner on the team... Dude is smart as hell too... Coughlin will give him a chance he will take it and run..

I agree, but think his time is 2015. He can't pass block in the least and that's a staple of the West Coast Offense McAdoo has installed. Maybe the 2nd half of the year, or the goal line work early, but he won't be on the field in passing situations for a while, not to mention Coughlin is a lot like Fox, he's reluctant to use rookies. Great stash in Dynasty though as he will be an excellent RB.

Uh oh, team's saying his career is in jeopardy. Doesn't sound good. Too bad. I hate to see it happen to a young guy like this. But he better quit, or he's gonna end up a veg.