Sign in to follow this  
Viking14

Sproles

I do not understand what has gone wrong?? The rankings here still have him at 18. He is not even close to performing at that level. He has always split carries, but now - after last week he is almost dropable and how can we play him???

Can't believe I'm going to say this but i was actually going to bench Sproles this week for ,,,, wait for it...........Zac Stacy. That was until I heard Stacy hurt his ankle on the last drive Monday night.

I think with Grahm getting limited snaps because of the ankle injury and Colston having a bad year, Spoles will bounce back. Seems like Payton is limiting plays to a few players for a push to the playoffs. He's been leaning on Thomas the first half of the year. It may be Sproles time the second half of the season. Who Dat

Can't believe I'm going to say this but i was actually going to bench Sproles this week for ,,,, wait for it...........Zac Stacy. That was until I heard Stacy hurt his ankle on the last drive Monday night.

Well.... in that case Stacy s the better option, and is most likel the waiver wire darling that will lead teams to a title.

I've been extremely disappointed in Sproles' production this season. I've been devastated with injuries all season long and have needed him to step up. I'd say 40% of his points this season have come in that two td game.

I just benched him for the Tampa guy James. I'll probably switch back by the time the games start though.

Yeah but soon as you sit him, he will explode again. I drafted the guy to be a consistent point production performer for me.

The good thing to consider is that he looks as explosive as ever and just needs more touches.

I'm playing Woodhead and Fjax over sproles in PPR this week. I'm still holding out hope that he'll see more work in the second half of the season, but he has been a huge disappointment so far (with the obvious exception of his one great game).

I've been extremely disappointed in Sproles' production this season. I've been devastated with injuries all season long and have needed him to step up. I'd say 40% of his points this season have come in that two td game.

I'm afraid it's my fault. I faced the Sproles owner the week of his big game, which was the main reason I lost that week. He must still be recovering from blowing his wad all over me.

I had assumed the huge Monday night performance was his coming out party for the rest of the season. I was wrong. I just don't get how NO isn't using his explosiveness more often in games. He's still a decent RB2 in PPR, but my hope was that he would be putting out RB1 numbers after Spiller's debacle so far.

same thing I had planned to do

He may be on my bench the rest of the year, i mean with his performance so far you cant feel comfortable playing him in the playoffs at all. I wish i could trade him

The last 3 weeks (not including bye), his snap count has been pretty low (at the bottom - http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=4320). It's not quite a trend yet, but it's starting to look like it. I'm not sure exactly why his snaps are dropping, but here's my theory: Ingram going down has really hurt Sproles. When Ingram was back there, Sproles' skill set was required because Ingram couldn't do anything but run it up the middle for 3 yards. Now that Pierre is the main back, Sproles' role has become redundant. Pierre is a capable receiver out of the backfield and has caught 32/34 targets this year and is on pace for 70+ receptions. Ingram has caught 17 balls in his career. I'm guessing Sproles will have some decent games moving forward and possibly another big one or two depending on a specific game plan, but I don't think he's going to be the consistent PPR RB we have all come to know.

Disclaimer: I traded Sproles this week for Spiller. My reasoning for the trade is that I have pretty good depth at RB and am basically treating Spiller as an upside stash for the playoffs. The above factored into the trade though.

The last 3 weeks (not including bye), his snap count has been pretty low (at the bottom - http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?id=4320). It's not quite a trend yet, but it's starting to look like it. I'm not sure exactly why his snaps are dropping, but here's my theory: Ingram going down has really hurt Sproles. When Ingram was back there, Sproles' skill set was required because Ingram couldn't do anything but run it up the middle for 3 yards. Now that Pierre is the main back, Sproles' role has become redundant. Pierre is a capable receiver out of the backfield and has caught 32/34 targets this year and is on pace for 70+ receptions. Ingram has caught 17 balls in his career. I'm guessing Sproles will have a couple of more decent games and possibly another big one or two depending on a specific game plan, but I don't think he's going to be the consistent PPR RB we have all come to know.

Disclaimer: I traded Sproles this week for Spiller. My reasoning for the trade is that I have pretty good depth at RB and am basically treating Spiller as an upside stash for the playoffs. The above factored into the trade though.

Nice info,

I'd still like to hear the OC or Peyton come out and answer a question as t owhy he's missing in action....especially after one of their losses.

NE game would have been a good time.

Nice info,

I'd still like to hear the OC or Peyton come out and answer a question as t owhy he's missing in action....especially after one of their losses.

NE game he actually had 12 targets, but still only played 28 snaps. I think he will still have games where he receives a good amount of work, but it won't be as consistent as it has been in the past. IMO, I think I'd rather own Pierre than Sproles at this point.

Drafted him as #2 back in PPR league. Been killing me. Agree that as soon as you sit him , he will go off!

Thinking of sitting for LeVeon Bell vs Pats and fred jax vs chiefs. Even flexing Jordan reed...possibly over him...crazy?

Why have his snaps/touches gone down? Is he hurt? In the doghouse? Why? I think he is better than Thomas. One of the Saints biggest playmakers. He was great a few weeks ago on MNF vs. Miami. Then nothing. I don't get it. Last week 4 catches for 0 yards???

Yeah I have no idea what to do with Sproles this week. It seems like a tough matchup for the run game. So they might gameplan to throw to Sproles more this week. Very tough to say at this point because Pierre Thomas is an above average target out of the backfield. I'm not usually this confused.

As soon as you sit him he'll go off a lot of you say..........I sat him last week, he didn't go off.

It really depends on who your sitting him for. It makes it easier like last week if it's a decent player with upside like Ellington. It's risky if your talking a lesser player like Lamar Miller or someone on his level. Leagues that require a flex gives you more wiggle room to start a wr with upside like Terrance Williams or Keenan Allen over Sproles. It gets tougher if your choosing between someone like Marvin Jones over Sproles.

The minute you sit him he will go off. this week with 6 teams on bye. he has got to be in lineups.

Really? I've been sitting him since week 5 and he hasn't done crap.

Now I'm upset because I had Lynch and D. Williams starting, but with the return of Stewart, I'm not sure about D. Will.

Why have his snaps/touches gone down? Is he hurt? In the doghouse? Why? I think he is better than Thomas. One of the Saints biggest playmakers. He was great a few weeks ago on MNF vs. Miami. Then nothing. I don't get it. Last week 4 catches for 0 yards???

Sproles is probably "better" than Thomas in the aggregate but Thomas is more versatile--can run and catch whereas Sproles primarily only catches. Having a guy like Sproles in there telegraphs that you're going to throw the ball (aside from a rare draw play). So I can see why N.O. might prefer Thomas in general so that their offense is a bit more unpredictable.

Nice info,

Saving him for the playoff push. He's a better weapon than Grahm. Just look at PT's numbers early this year. be patient. Payton wants all his RB healthy late in the season. Sproles being the most important back on the field.

Saving him for the playoff push. He's a better weapon than Grahm. Just look at PT's numbers early this year. be patient. Payton wants all his RB healthy late in the season. Sproles being the most important back on the field.

I don't agree with that.

They need to win now, any Loss could be the difference to Playoffs in the dome, or they're going to be on the road to SF or Seattle.

They need their best players playing to win now, not sitting on the bench watching Tom Brady beat them.

I don't agree with that.

They need to win now, any Loss could be the difference to Playoffs in the dome, or they're going to be on the road to SF or Seattle.

They need their best players playing to win now, not sitting on the bench watching Tom Brady beat them.

Ouch that was a good one.

I don't agree with that.

Tom Brady beat them on a TD pass that should have been called back due to mauling.

If Payton needs Sproles, he's going to use him. He just hasn't needed him as much early this year. The year after the Super Bowl we were using running backs that were sitting on the practice squad toward the last month of the season. You can't win in the playoffs without a running game and Payton knows that. And our offensive line has been subpar in the running game. Why run Sproles for two yards a carry and take the chance of getting hurt this early in the season?

I've watched this team long enough to know Paytons tendencys. He's saving him. Don't be that guy to give up on a player to early and regret it later. There are two good RB's on this team and an average back up.

I've watched this team long enough to know Paytons tendencys. He's saving him. Don't be that guy to give up on a player to early and regret it later. There are two good RB's on this team and an average back up.

The real question is when does he unleash him? And is it only for a specific game where the matchup dictates it? It's hard to trust a guy that may only play 15% of the offensive snaps on any given week (resulting in a consistent 2-4 points) while waiting for the week that Payton fully utlizes him.

I should just drop this guy, ugh

Yeah, he's my RB 4 or RB 5 until further notice. Heck, when Vereen and Andre Brown come back he might fall to 7th string.

Yeah, he's my RB 4 or RB 5 until further notice. Heck, when Vereen and Andre Brown come back he might fall to 7th string.

Cost me a win today, though it's easier to swallow when it's an injury instead of him just not being utilized all game. He's on my bench until he shows up in a game. I'm counting on Vereen and Brown to save my running game as well.

Granted he got hurt.. but this is one dude I completely wiffed on. I thought with Ivory gone & Colston & Moore not being the same players anymore would translate to at least low-end RB2 #'s.

I still think you could consider him a buy low however. But that's only because most owners would just love to unload him.

I missed on him in all my ppr league and ask happy I did, though he still may blow up. I have been enjoying thomas' success the past two weeks as I have needed him to step up in ppr dynasty.

Not worried yet he will pay off soon in PPR leagues.

and when he finally does, those owners will be out of contention for focking starting him and getting 2 yards.

Glad NO lost.

Hope a deer jumped out in front of Peyton's car and he swerved in to a GAWDDAMN BRIDGE ABUTMENT