Sign in to follow this  
slippyer

Ben Tate v the Jags - part II

So here we go again. We have a little more information this time having seen Tate put up 1 (one) (uno) yard versus the reincarnation of the '85 bears defense, also know as the jags. He was basically benched for that game then gashed the pats D (which is 31st versus the run admittedly although the jags are 29th). FF at its finest I suppose, it makes no sense.

Who has the marbles to start him then?

Discuss.....

Baring new information, I will be starting him over K Wright and douglas in a flex spot.

Moreno

Vereen

Tate or Rainey

I have no idea at this point ... I have a feeling Rainey is going to have a good week @ home vs BUF

I would be drooling at the thought of Tate vs JAX if it weren't for weak 12

• Like 1

Being a Tate owner I must say I wish someone else had the headache. Not sure what to do with him.

I have Forte, A Brown, Rainey and Tate. I just can't imagine starting Tate even after the Pats game and with a juicy matchup against the Jags. But maybe his ribs are starting to feel better? Or maybe the Pats run D is just that bad now. Hard to trust Tate in the playoffs when Rainey is at least getting a ton of touches...

You should start him. 100 and a TD sound about right.

This is what it should be and should of been in week 12. I am sure if I play him he does nothing but if I sit him, he goes off.

Kid needs to tie together two good games before being trusted by anyone....outside the most desperate.

Tate, Jennings and Rainy for me. Have to decide

Tate would be my first choice. Rainey has a tough matchup but will get carries. Jennings was bad last week except he got two TD's. Run DMC has made a appearance also which could effect things.

I have to decide my flex between Tate vs the Jags, Vereen vs. the Browns (probably not), and then a WR situation of Cruz/Fitz/Jordy. Compound that with needing a win + help for a playoff spot. Fun times! :mad:

• Like 1

starting Tate in the most important game of the year for me. winner wins the division.

i can't trust zac stacy against arizona and jennings/mcfadden against jets.

Reggie Bush, Tate, Andre Brown, or Steven Jackson.

I think I will go with what snuck me into a playoff spot this year (Bush, Tate, Brown), but damn...that S Jax against Green Bay's run defense looks so tempting!

I have no choice but to start him, so I'm praying for the best. I'm concerned tho that the Jags in recent weeks have sold out to stop the run. Can't argue the results; their only recent loss was the Cards who got very little rushing as well.

I have no choice but to start him, so I'm praying for the best. I'm concerned tho that the Jags in recent weeks have sold out to stop the run. Can't argue the results; their only recent loss was the Cards who got very little rushing as well.

This. Tate's upside is low and the risk that he gets injured or is ineffective and pulled is pretty high. I am going to roll with Forte, A Brown and... Rainey. I like Rainey at home against the Bills and I just feel like he is going to for sure get a lot of touches. It could burn me, but I just can't play Tate.

Plus, I am playing against him in my other playoff game. So I'd prefer to just flat root against him I think.

the team im playing has him. im predicting 300 yards rushing 5 tds and a passing td.

I am sure most of benched him after that performance week 12. The he goes off for 100 and 3 TD's.

Now I am stuck between

Andre Brown

SJax

Ben Tate

I hate these tough calls week 1 of the playoffs.

I got SJAX Tate and Jennings for my flex spot. No way I'm starting a whoozy Jennings vs the #1 run D, so that leaves SJAX and Tate. Of the 2 I trust Tate a little more. I saw the Atlanta game, SJAX has nothing left in the tank. That 25 yard TD looked like it was in slo mo. :huh:

No thanks. I'll take my chances with the guy who gave me only 1 real stinker of a game all season.

Before last week, Pierre Thomas over Tate would have been a no brainer for me. But Thomas did NOTHING last week even in PPR vs Sea and is against a tough D again in Carolina this week. Tate on my bench blew up, so gotta ride the hot hand.

I'm sure it'll bite me in the ass though.

Before last week, Pierre Thomas over Tate would have been a no brainer for me. But Thomas did NOTHING last week even in PPR vs Sea and is against a tough D again in Carolina this week. Tate on my bench blew up, so gotta ride the hot hand.

I'm sure it'll bite me in the ass though.

I have to decide between Tate or Staley. Staley has a tough matchup up put that 1 yard Tate put up 2 weeks ago is scaring the crap out of me!! I'm so undecided right now!!! Ugh!!!

I have to decide between Tate or Staley. Staley has a tough matchup up put that 1 yard Tate put up 2 weeks ago is scaring the crap out of me!! I'm so undecided right now!!! Ugh!!!

duce staley? :overhead:

duce staley? :overhead:

Haha, my bad. Stacey!!! I liked Duce too

I hope the jags sell out against the run and tate is forced to cede carries to johnson.

I have a feeling Houston will make adjustments from their first meeting on the run game. Draws, screens...etc

I hope so,I've hade Tate in my team for 2 years as a Foster owner and the 1st time I actually start him was...you guessed it 2 weeks ago! I hope I don't regret giving him another chance!

Yeah rolling with the Tator tot tonight... I just like the way the Houston offensive line has really avoided serious injury this year, and is finally jelling. This has led to some continuity, though it hasn't really shown in the stat sheets. Chris Myers and Duane Brown are playing at a high level and second year players Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks have really stepped up. Brown was talking this week how they were 'embarrassed' in the last loss to JAX. This is traditionally a running team and I think they get back to it tonight. Tate's in my line-up.

Tate

:lol:

Some people never learn.

Yeah obviously 30 straight second half pass plays from the Texans, while only trailing by a touchdown, was less than optimal. Especially when utilizing the empty backfield. Tate didn't look horrible, 14 carries for 53 yards... But looking at the stat line it's on him, not the f*ck-foolery pulled by the coach.

Tate

:lol:

Some people never learn.

Had a buddy start Tate over Vereen in a PPR. Epic fail.

I will however agree with R8R Mick. The quickness to abandon the run almost completely & let Schaub chuck it hurt Tate's #'s tonight. He wasn't a horrible start tonight but an underperforming stat line was very possible against a much improved JAX team as of late.

Schaub came in 2 TD's behind and made the game close by chucking it around. What the Texans did the first 3 quarters wasn't working.

Thank you Tate for an awesome start to my playoff week!! (I'm done)