Sign in to follow this  
qimqam

Many Peyton owners to be eliminated from the playoffs this week

Peyton Manning has been awful when the Temp is under 32 degrees

3 & 7, more Ints than tds and avg just over 200 yds per game.

The temp in Denver Sunday is going to be 16 degrees with a wind chill of 1 and a good chance of snow.

Titans are also a top 3 pass defense.

It was a nice ride ... but it is coming to a chilly end

I think you mistake the relevant factor. I think Peyton plays poorly when the temp is low and the winds are up (or the football is slick with rain or snow)

the weather just wasnt crappy enough to hinder him.

Peyton owner here in another league. I laughed at this post when I first saw it earlier this week.

Despite out smarting myself and grabbing the Raiders D for a goose egg, I'm advancing in the

playoffs thanks to Peyton and Welker. :banana:

Weather has nothing, or I should say little, to do with it. Almost all of Manning's 'cold' games to date are on the road. Being on the road, IMO, is a much bigger factor than being in the cold. Check out any QB's home/road splits.

Weather shouldnt be a factor thurs. The forecast is high of 52 low of 27 and clear.

Peyton is terrible when the weather is between 27 and 52 degrees

We are talking about arguably the greatest of all time. Further, he's having one of the greatest seasons of all time. Lastly, he has an incredible arsenal of weapons. To say he sucks in cold weather is about as simple a thought one can have. Dumb as dumb can be...

/thread

I wish people would stop giving Peyton bulletin board material.

Horseface is gonna crush Brady's TD record. Then he's gonna fly to Foxboro & punch Tom in front of the wife & kids. Maybe knock Gisele up if he's got a spare minute or two.

Wishful thinking that the short week/rivalry game with the Chargers will bring him down to Earth but I expect Madden stats on rookie mode in my opponent's lineups on Thursday night.

We must bury this thread immediately. I am facing Peyton Manning in my main league this week.

• Like 1

Does the OP take requests? If so, I have a whole list of players I'd like him to trash this week. They are all scheduled to play on days that end with the letter "Y" if that's any help.

I wish people would stop giving Peyton bulletin board material.

Horseface is gonna crush Brady's TD record. Then he's gonna fly to Foxboro & punch Tom in front of the wife & kids. Maybe knock Gisele up if he's got a spare minute or two.

Wishful thinking that the short week/rivalry game with the Chargers will bring him down to Earth but I expect Madden stats on rookie mode in my opponent's lineups on Thursday night.

Peyton's got 3 games to go and 45 TDs. Brady's record is 50.

I think he'll get the record, but I don't know about "crushing" it. He'll get maybe 9 TDs, giving him 54. More likely he gets 6 TDs in the next two games and then doesn't play the final game of the season. Rodgers had 45 a few years ago in 15 games, he probably could have gotten the record that year since Flynn threw for 6 TDs that last game, and I am pretty sure Rodgers could have done the same.

If Peyton gets the record he's not going to play that last game either. Peyton could easily get 9 those last two games though I guess.

I dont know, qimqam may be onto something here. I knocked out the Peyton owner this week in our playoffs. It was one of the highest scoring games of the year (edjr also has KC def/st) but the forehead went down.

I also took out the PM lead team this weekend in my league - he also had Decker on his team.

Yep....took him out with Big Ben and a Rookie WR (Allen) 2 TE's (Davis, Olsen)....didn't hurt that I fielded Shady & Moreno as well!

Final score in HP league:

Team No PM= 147.55

Team with PM= 125.45

• Like 1

Peyton is terrible when the weather is between 27 and 52 degrees

Really.... You came on here boasting Peyton would fail this week and haven't even admitted to the fact you are an idiot. Now you want to say he "is terrible" again after he just shot his load all over your previous prediction. You are an idiot.

Peyton's got 3 games to go and 45 TDs. Brady's record is 50.

I think he'll get the record, but I don't know about "crushing" it. He'll get maybe 9 TDs, giving him 54. More likely he gets 6 TDs in the next two games and then doesn't play the final game of the season. Rodgers had 45 a few years ago in 15 games, he probably could have gotten the record that year since Flynn threw for 6 TDs that last game, and I am pretty sure Rodgers could have done the same.

If Peyton gets the record he's not going to play that last game either. Peyton could easily get 9 those last two games though I guess.

Depends on if they have everything clinched or not. New England has the tie breaker on them and is only 1 game back. They haven't even clinched the division yet although they do have the tie breaker over KC.

I think SD will be a tough matchup for Peyton (girl's name) this week on short rest. I think 300 and 2 Td's with a pick is likely. That would be 25 points in my league. I hope I am right because I am playing against him. As a hedge to Peyton (girl's name) I am benching Matthews. I think if Peyton (girl's name) goes off then Matthews will be ineffective. If he doesn't than Matthews probably has a good game. I would be happy to give up Matthews points if it limits what Peyton (girl's name) does. I know it doesn't have to work out that way but I think it makes sense to approach it in this manner.

Was Archie expecting a girl instead?

What are the chances Peyton doesn't even finish the Wk 16 game if they are up by a good amount vs. Houston at the half?

What are the chances Peyton doesn't even finish the Wk 16 game if they are up by a good amount vs. Houston at the half?

If he doesn't finish wk16, he won't miss much. Only time they'd yank him is in clock killing mode being that they still need wins to lock up home field. I'd be more worried about wk17 if they have home field locked up, I don't see him playing after halftime in that situation.

I think SD will be a tough matchup for Peyton (girl's name) this week on short rest. I think 300 and 2 Td's with a pick is likely. That would be 25 points in my league. I hope I am right because I am playing against him. As a hedge to Peyton (girl's name) I am benching Matthews. I think if Peyton (girl's name) goes off then Matthews will be ineffective. If he doesn't than Matthews probably has a good game. I would be happy to give up Matthews points if it limits what Peyton (girl's name) does. I know it doesn't have to work out that way but I think it makes sense to approach it in this manner.

Wow, you really have issues. I don't know what your hangup is w/ Manning but you should let it go. Life is too short to be that angry.

Once you do that go back and revisit your fantasy strategy because that is almost as silly.

Thankfully I am not one of the owners who did not get eliminated from the playoffs because of Manning. That's because our playofs start this week.!!!!! Ok, I'll bend over and you all can kick me for the comment. :doublethumbsup:

this is absurdly dumb logic. Like my friend's 4 year old wouldn't employ this 'cancel out' on crack theory. Are you mentally retarded?!? Sorry, rhetorical question...

I think it makes a certain amount of sense. If Peyton gets them out to a 4 TD lead how much action is Mathews really going to get? If Peyton doesn't go off I feel good about my chances without Mathews and A. Brown instead. I think the bottom could be very low for Mathews if things don't go right. I would advise anyone with Mathews playing against Peyton to bench them if they have a suitable replacement.

And yes I have been accused of being retarded many times before. There is probably some truth to it as well, but don't tell my players, they may stop respecting me as a coach and owner.

You think that's bad, they named the younger brother Elisha.

Thankfully I am not one of the owners who did not get eliminated from the playoffs because of Manning. That's because our playofs start this week.!!!!! Ok, I'll bend over and you all can kick me for the comment. :doublethumbsup:

Please stop offering to bend over for us. Nobody wants that.

Perhaps he was just a week premature with his OP.

Lotta ball to be played yet obviously, but what an ironic disaster it would be for Manning owners in the playoffs (many of which are probably the highest scoring team in their league) if SD was to shut him down.

pretty accurate prediction i'd say

pretty accurate prediction i'd say

Except for the "I am benching Matthews" part.

Except for the "I am benching Matthews" part.

he did say Mathews likely has a good game if peyton doesn't go off. whether it was dumb to bench him or not though is another discussion for sure.

:doh: :clap: :shocking:

Yes i am regretting not starting Mathews. I just foresaw Peyton going off making Mathews ineffective. I thought the chances of that were greater than what actually did occur. Still I am only down 43-11. Nailed the 25 on Peyton in my league exactly. He also had Allen (bastard) and I went with Novak. Hopefully Jennings and Brown will put up comparable or better numbers than Mathews. It is a PPR league so there could be a few extra points from each just on receptions.

9 other players involved in this game that were started earned less than 10 points. I haven't even neccesarily left any points on my bench. (Also have Stafford, Calvin, AJ, Garcon and Pit Dt. Could end going with Hilton or Douglass instead of Garcon.)

Yes i am regretting not starting Mathews. I just foresaw Peyton going off making Mathews ineffective. I thought the chances of that were greater than what actually did occur. Still I am only down 43-11. Nailed the 25 on Peyton in my league exactly. He also had Allen (bastard) and I went with Novak. Hopefully Jennings and Brown will put up comparable or better numbers than Mathews. It is a PPR league so there could be a few extra points from each just on receptions.

9 other players involved in this game that were started earned less than 10 points. I haven't even neccesarily left any points on my bench. (Also have Stafford, Calvin, AJ, Garcon and Pit Dt. Could end going with Hilton or Douglass instead of Garcon.)

It's the playoffs for most, I wasn't about to risk it on Mathews. I have CJ1.3k and Alf going, with Fred Jackson and Mathews sitting on the bench. No matter what decision you make in the playoffs it's probably going to be wrong, the teams are bunched up too close together at that level and it's just luck of the draw. For the first year I can remember I'm the lowest seed though, so I guess I get to win this year. Usually I have the top seed and just lose.