Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

Tamme the slot man

So Welker definitely isn't playing against a soft SD pass defense. Tamme played the slot the whole time after Welker injury and caught 4 balls. Is he worth the pickup and start this week vs SD?

I'm strongly considering him. I'll make a bid on both him and Pitta and might land both. In that case I'll have to flip a coin or something because a case could be made for either player.

Tamme played the slot last year when Stokley was hurt. He stepped right in after the Welker injury and played 45 of 46 snaps and had 5 targets in about 2 quarters of action. So he'll be the slot receiver again on a short week. The only thing that gives me pause is the short week and the fact that SD had no answer for DT last time they played. SD seems particularly vulnerable on the outside. Still, depending on your other options I can't think of a better pickup with more upside at TE this week. Anytime you can get a receiver on a premier offense who'll get a lot of run and some looks, he's worth a claim.

I've been streaming TE since Finley went down so it's either Tamme, Pitta, or Delanie Walker vs Arizona. Delanie has a great matchup but man is Tamme intriguing

Didn't Welker get knocked out of a game earlier this yr? Did Tamme play the slot then?

ETA: He was knocked out in 4th quarter of Chiefs game. I assume it was so late in the game that Tamme didn't reap any benefits. But, does anyone know if he at least lined up in the slot in Welker's absence?

I hate Thursday games and I already have Allen going...

...but I am going for Pitta and Tamme both. If I get both I may likely go with Pitta.

Likely cutting Reed tonight.

Tamme did nothing in either KC game.

Last year with Stokely out he he had one game where he went 9/89/0. Next game with Stokely out he went 2/24/0.

I hate Thursday games and I already have Allen going...

...but I am going for Pitta and Tamme both. If I get both I may likely go with Pitta.

Likely cutting Reed tonight.

Tamme did nothing in either KC game.

Last year with Stokely out he he had one game where he went 9/89/0. Next game with Stokely out he went 2/24/0.

Just seems its one of rhose deals where Manning throws to the open guy. It would be nice to know if this slot thing is new, or was his production, (or lack thereof), in Stokelys absence from the slot. Thats the key here. Is his crappy numbers from the slot or TE spot.

Just seems its one of rhose deals where Manning throws to the open guy. It would be nice to know if this slot thing is new, or was his production, (or lack thereof), in Stokelys absence from the slot. Thats the key here. Is his crappy numbers from the slot or TE spot.

Well, what I notice is from those 2 2012 games is not only no Stokely, but in the 9/89/0 game there was no Dreesen, so maybe Tamme was in at TE after all or at least he had no competition for catches from TE.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020den.htm

In the Week 12 2012 2/24/0 game Dreesen did have catches and he had a good game, but Stokely was apparently back.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212060rai.htm

Basically one game last year and one game this year with Wwekler/Syokely out and the results looked pretty similar, 4/47/0 in one half and then 9/89/0 in a full game.

This is from RW 12/2/12:

Jacob Tamme hauled in nine passes for 89 yards versus the Bucs in Week 13.

Tamme was the primary beneficiary of Brandon Stokley's absence, as the Broncos ran two tight-end sets on all three of their touchdown drives. Tamme was targeted a team-high 13 times compared to Joel Dreessen's two looks. Having topped 45 yards in three straight games, Tamme is on pace for a 63/599/3 stat line heading into Week 14 at Oakland.

This is RW 12/7/12:

Jacob Tamme caught just two passes for 24 yards in Week 14 versus the Raiders.

Tamme entered the day as a top-ten fantasy play at tight end due to the uncertainty surrounding Brandon Stokley, but with Stokley active all that intrigue dissipated. Fellow tight end Joel Dreessen out-produced Tamme and even received Peyton Manning's lone touchdown pass. Tamme shouldn't approach his 13-target Week 13 output again this season.

Jacob Tamme played just 29-of-84 plays (34.5 percent) with Brandon Stokley back in the lineup for Week 14.

It's par for the course with Tamme, whose playing time is often below 50 percent when Stokley (30 snaps) is healthy. Tamme and Joel Dreessen each ran 19 pass routes at Oakland. Consider Tamme just a low-end TE2 the rest of the way.

Tamme played 48 snaps last week vs just 19 week 13. Manning has always thrown to Tamme when he gets on the field. Doesn't look like Welker will play Thursday so if the reports are true and Tamme fills the slot receiver spot he is pretty damn good option especially for Gronk owners. I hate playing Thursday night guys but hard to find better option than guy playing WR you can plug in at TE especially in PPR.

This analysis is the reason I love this site

This analysis is also the reason I lose ff playoff games (see Ladarius Green thread)

Fixed

Welker went for 21 yards on 3 grabs the last time Denver played SD. Of course both Thomases raped the Chargers that game so maybe things play out differently this time if SD has made the necessary adjustments.

:dunno:

More digging from recent article about Tamme, "We like to reward guys that do well and give them a little more," Del Rio said. "And I would think that would be a strong possibility."

Read more: TE Tamme turns into Manning's security blanket - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24619878/te-tamme-turns-into-mannings-security-blanket#ixzz2nC1KZbjx

I am planning to roll with him for Gronk replacement unless something change.

Watching NFL network tonight the team reporter indicated they will replace Welker with two players, rotating between Tamme and Caldwell. Still too much of a risk for me for the FF playoffs.

Half of Peyton's wr/te production is better than most full time TE out there.

If you have solid lineup, go with a safe option, if you need to swing for the fence, he is your guy.

Too much of a desperation play for me....They could use someone entirely different in the slot this week. :nono:

That's exactly where I am at, its a total desperation play. I got a 0 from green last week so anything will be a bonus. TE is such a hit and miss position and I have got nothing from it all year.

Roll the dice I say

I picked up Tamme and plug him in with serious joy. Every other possible TE is long since drained, I've been using that worthless turd Pettigrew I plucked off of waivers all season since Rudolph (and Keller) got hurt. If I'm fortunate enough to win, I hope I get an extra week out of Tamme. I kinda feel bad in that my opponent this week is the Welker owner but no room for compassion in desperate times...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4885/jacob-tamme

The Denver Post reports TE Virgil Green, and not TE Jacob Tamme, will get the start in Wes Welker's (concussion) place in the slot against the Chargers.

It's a late-breaking wrench into the plans of tight end streamers. For all we know, Green will start, but the duo will rotate snaps. It was Tamme who filled in for Welker in Sunday's win over the Titans. Either way, it's enough to bump Tamme down in this week's tight end ranks, and should cause owners to reassess their plans if they're deciding between Tamme and another TE2 type. Dec 12 - 8:04 PM

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter

The Denver Post reports TE Virgil Green, and not TE Jacob Tamme, will get the start in Wes Welker's (concussion) place in the slot against the Chargers.

It's a late-breaking wrench into the plans of tight end streamers. For all we know, Green will start, but the duo will rotate snaps. It was Tamme who filled in for Welker in Sunday's win over the Titans. Either way, it's enough to bump Tamme down in this week's tight end ranks, and should cause owners to reassess their plans if they're deciding between Tamme and another TE2 type. Dec 12 - 8:04 PM

Ouch....gonna hurt a lotta folks who rolled the dice

This is bull$hit. Way to report it 20 mins before kick off. This is what I get for listening to the 'experts'. Shame on me for being such a mug and believing them.

Can't take these types of risk in the FF playoffs...mid season why the hell not...but not in the playoffs.

I disagree, you go all out, if you play your safe choice all the time, you won't make consecutive wins.

I disagree, you go all out, if you play your safe choice all the time, you won't make consecutive wins.

I am totally supportive of going all out...There is risk/reward clearly with this strategy. However I don't consider starting a TE with13 catches on the year who is at best the 3rd or 4th receiving option on a team an example of going all out. For me the risk far outweighs the reward.

Can't take these types of risk in the FF playoffs...mid season why the hell not...but not in the playoffs.

When I have Jordan Reed and L Green as my TE's there is not much of a risk.

Not sure he has played a single snap.

If he actually played the slot like he was supposed to, he would of gotten all the target Cadwell did. Too bad, maybe he will get lucky in the second half with adjustment.

When you lose the #1 or #2 TE in first round of playoffs don't have much choice. Especially when say guy gonna play in slot for injured guy but then before game report he not gonna play. Yup I got screwed in one league.

Hope the Broncos end up losing for messing with us!!! Hey he just caught one

To bad Patriots won't do sh!t now without Gronk or they could get #1 sees

F0ck Rotoworld..... They were hyping Tamme all week as the slot replacement for Welker and I foolishly bought in. As a Gronk owner, my other option was Fleener who is now a lock for 100 yards and 2 TDs. Actually, Rotoworld has helped me a lot over the past few years so I guess I should let this one slide. Of course, if Tamme vs. Fleener is the difference in my playoff game, I might not be as diplomatic.

:doublethumbsup: