Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

**Official** Denver/Seattle Super Bowl Prediction

Decent weather: Denver 30 Seattle 20

Bad weather: Denver 20 Seattle 17

Seattle D is nasty, but the big 4 are too much to account for (Thomas's, Welker, Decker). Sherman can't cover them all. I actually expect to see Sherman burned after his post-game rant...Karma.

Wilson is gonna be a star for years to come, but he ain't no Peyton yet.

Whatcha got?

Decent weather: Denver 30 Seattle 20

Bad weather: Denver 20 Seattle 17

Seattle D is nasty, but the big 4 are too much to account for (Thomas's, Welker, Decker). Sherman can't cover them all. I actually expect to see Sherman burned after his post-game rant...Karma.

Wilson is gonna be a star for years to come, but he ain't no Peyton yet.

Whatcha got?

I like your numbers.

I already took Seattle (+3) to hedge earlier bets...I think they stand a great chance provided that they can effectively run the ball. Most of my money is already on Denver from the beginning of the playoffs...so really all I want is a great game and a bunch of my prop bets to hit.

I know it was just a preseason game earlier this year, but first team played the entire first half and Seattle's D almost made Peyton cry during that game

Seattle 27-20

I already took Seattle (+3) to hedge earlier bets...I think they stand a great chance provided that they can effectively run the ball. Most of my money is already on Denver from the beginning of the playoffs...so really all I want is a great game and a bunch of my prop bets to hit.

Where did you get seattle +3?

I know it was just a preseason game earlier this year, but first team played the entire first half and Seattle's D almost made Peyton cry during that game

Seattle 27-20

I watched that entire game and the final score of 40-10 was not nearly as lopsided as it appears. The first-stringers were on the field only in the first half, and Peyton was carving us up. There was a crazy play when the Broncos had the ball near the Hawks goal-line that resulted in 6 pts the other way.

I still think the Hawks have what it takes to win this game. Our strength on D matches nicely with the Broncos strength on O. I say the x-factor is the Hawks pass rush. Peyton was hardly pressured at all by the Pats, so it will be up to our front four to get some pressure. I say Avril, Bennett and McDonald are up to the task. I also think the Hawks open up the playbook to take advantage of (1) no Chris Harris at CB, and (2) Harvin back at WR, which I am assuming happens.

I'll say Hawks 31 Broncos 24 and Wilson is the MVP, stats line of 19-26-230, 2 TDs and no picks.

My first take is New England played a nickel defense almost exclusively, to their undoing. Manning continuously checked into running plays out of the shotgun, and then proceeded to carve up the Pats with the play action. Seattle will undoubtedly play Manning straight up.

For the Broncos, I'd be alarmed at the way the Seahawks shut down the 49er running game. Obviously I am not counting the non traditional rushing stats of Kap. Gore went 11 for 14 behind a pretty damned good offensive line, against what has been the weakest link for the Seattle defense. Manning's strength is looking at the defense, ascertaining the different looks and blitz packages coming his way, and checking into the best attack. Well, if a defense is playing you straight up, there's not much you can do but strap up the helmet and go at it.

I would've waited, I think that line will grow, and you could get more points.

Agreed that it can grow...and probably might...but I don't know how much more. I think a lot of people are going to bet both sides on this one. I don't see Denver being a five point favorite at any point...and if the weather is potentially bad that line might fluctuate accordingly. Needless to say...I'm not done betting on this one lol

I highly doubt the line goes any higher than 3. That's such a key number, and there is just too much money wagered on the Super Bowl for them to open themselves up the game ending on that number, and all the money bet early on the favorite and all the money being bet late on the underdog winning. It may not even get to 3 except at some of the conservative online sites. It's currently at 2 or 2.5 at most places in Vegas it looks like.

Seattle 27-20

You mean when Peyton went 11/16 for 163 yards and a TD in the quarter+ that he played?

When he took them on another scoring drive only to have Hillman fumble at the goal line and Seattle ran it back 106 yards to go up 24-7?

Why would Peyton have cried with how he played...much less over a preseason game?

I watched that entire game and the final score of 40-10 was not nearly as lopsided as it appears. The first-stringers were on the field only in the first half, and Peyton was carving us up. There was a crazy play when the Broncos had the ball near the Hawks goal-line that resulted in 6 pts the other way.

I still think the Hawks have what it takes to win this game. Our strength on D matches nicely with the Broncos strength on O. I say the x-factor is the Hawks pass rush. Peyton was hardly pressured at all by the Pats, so it will be up to our front four to get some pressure. I say Avril, Bennett and McDonald are up to the task. I also think the Hawks open up the playbook to take advantage of (1) no Chris Harris at CB, and (2) Harvin back at WR, which I am assuming happens.

I'll say Hawks 31 Broncos 24 and Wilson is the MVP, stats line of 19-26-230, 2 TDs and no picks.

Wow, pretty ballsy. Seattle showed me VERY little yesterday or even last week over the Saints. Their vaunted defense does NOT get the commie-pinko dome and its built-in noise. And, Manning has seen it all, including whatever D!ick Sherman thinks hes gonna do. :rolleyes:

Wilson hasnt looked any better than a game manager to me relying on a massive homefield advantage and Lynch to get these wins. Their WR corps is an embarrassment. Harvin will play a few snaps until he gets tackled and then his vaginal region gets torn again. Lynch will have a good day but Denver ought to not care. Let them run and then stuff it when they get close. Easy.

The zebras gave a lot of help to the Seabags too - not saying they won only because of the refs but the game would have played out differently if the right calls were made at certain times. 3-4 TERRIBLE calls and Frisco only lost by 6.

I used to think this would be a dream matchup but its not so anymore. The entire world, minus the Seabag posse wants Denver to win. Just to shut Sherman up. I actually HOPE Sherman gets torched in the loss and one of the Denver WRs makes a comment.

Didnt know the Seabags were gonna be so easy to hate but Sherman ensured it.

Wow, pretty ballsy. Seattle showed me VERY little yesterday or even last week over the Saints.

Please... like the Broncos played against tough competition.

Saints >>> Chargers

49ers >>>> Patriots

Denver 20 - 13...

Have to give the Broncos a huge edge a QB. It will be interesting to see how Wilson plays under a huge spot light.

Seattle's D is good but not invincable. Denver is good enough to put points on the board against any defense

I didn't think a banged up Patriot team had much of a chance to win at Denver. Their best chance seemed to be a ball control, "keep away" game that worked so well for the Chargers late in the regular season. Denver's run D (top 10) was up to the task. if Seatlle can't run - I don't see them putting up many points through the air.

X Factor? If Seattle's D can create several turnovers or even put some points on the board.

Hawks - 27

Denver - 24

(No matter the weather)

-Hawks up 24-10 before Manning roars back at the end.

-P. Manning has 3 picks. (Maybe even a pic6 to Sherman)

-Hawks Def looks dominating most the game!

-Wilson looks like a savvy game manager, but makes the plays he needs too. And again, doesn't make the mistakes other QB's do.

-Lynch takes a deserving MVP, but the Def. should also have claim. (Wilson gets his in a future SB win)

-Tate, Miller, Lynch score TD's. Wilson 2 passing TD, zero pics, 3rd down conversion high to keep Manning off the field.

-Sherman talks crap. :)

***** A dizzy P. Manning wonders why he didn't choose Seattle to come play for when he snubbed them all together.

My first take is New England played a nickel defense almost exclusively, to their undoing. Manning continuously checked into running plays out of the shotgun, and then proceeded to carve up the Pats with the play action. Seattle will undoubtedly play Manning straight up.

For the Broncos, I'd be alarmed at the way the Seahawks shut down the 49er running game. Obviously I am not counting the non traditional rushing stats of Kap. Gore went 11 for 14 behind a pretty damned good offensive line, against what has been the weakest link for the Seattle defense. Manning's strength is looking at the defense, ascertaining the different looks and blitz packages coming his way, and checking into the best attack. Well, if a defense is playing you straight up, there's not much you can do but strap up the helmet and go at it.

Well said. As a Niners fan, I too was shocked at how Gore was shut down. Also, while the Niners were indeed burned repeatedly by the officiating, another huge factor was that Kaepernick didn't do much damage at all in the second half running the ball, after blistering the Seahawks D in the first half. Whether that was due to a bad error on the part of the Niners' gameplan, or adjustments made by the Seahawks, or both, the fact remains that the Seahawks basically eliminated the conventional portion of San Francisco's running game and as a result, without Kaep's running, their offence was for the most part stagnant in the second half (minus the drive at the end of the game). Of course, Denver can use their passing attack to set up the run much better than the Niners can, and they'll need to if they hope to win next weekend. Also, it will be interesting to see who gets the officiating calls in the Peyton vs. physical corners matchup. That will go a long way towards tilting the scales in a tight game.

As much as it pains me to say it, unless the Broncos can get into the Seahawks backfield and harass Wilson with the same regularity that the Niners did in the NFC Championship, I see the Hawks winning this thing 31-21. Wilson rarely makes mistakes, and I'm not sure the Broncos' defence is the kind to change that.

Christ, I hope I'm wrong. :unsure:

I think Denver is going to destroy Seattle. The Hags can't possibly account for all the Denver weapons, and can't possibly score enough points to hang

Denver 35

Seattle 14

Just have the gut feeling Manning pulls this one out.

Close but a late TD seals it 31-20