Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

Student kicked out of school and may lose Army dream because of pocket knife in car

An Ohio high school student has already been jailed and kicked out of school for having a pocket knife in his car, and now he fears he could lose his dream of serving in the Army.

Jordan Wiser, a student at Ashtabula County Technical School in Jefferson, is finishing up his senior year from home after school officials searched his car in December and found the folding knife and an Airsoft gun. School officials called police, who charged him with illegal conveyance of a weapon onto a school ground based on the three-inch knife.

I declined to allow them to search myself or my car and that I wanted to talk to my lawyer or my father, Wiser told FoxNews.com. They told me it wasnt an option.

Wiser, an EMT trainee who hopes to become both a police officer and a soldier, spent 13 days in the Ashtabula County Jail following the incident. The knife, which Wiser said is part of his first responder's kit and can be used for slicing an accident victim's seatbelt, was found tucked inside his EMT medical vest in the trunk of the car. The Airsoft gun, which fires non-lethal pellets, was not illegal and was used by Wiser in a shooting club he belongs to, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/18/high-school-senior-jailed-kicked-out-school-and-may-lose-army-dream-because/?intcmp=latestnews

When I was in high school, I left my keys hanging out of the trunk of my car. I had a pocket knife for a Keychain. The school Co found it, and I almost caught a year suspension over it. Fortunately, the principal measured the blade liberally in my favor, and found it did not meet the criterion of a weapon as defined by the zero tolerance policy.

Students at the school will probably think twice about bringing a knife or air gun to school.

I sense this kid ain't too bright.

Zero tolerance policies are a haven for those that don't want to think.

This. :wall:

When I was in grade school, junior high and high school, all the boys carried a pocket knife. There was never a stabbing or accident involving a knife, city wide. I don't understand why the Great Society can't handle this.

In a related note, how confident must the Swiss have been in their army to include a cork screw in their pocket knives?

You know what would be an important piece of information in that article? The contents of his message that prompted the search. If the kid was talking about stupid sh*t like killing someone, taking weapons to school, etc, and was the caught with any kind of knife and stupid Airsoft guns in his car, then my sympathy will go down a notch.

You know what would be an important piece of information in that article? The contents of his message that prompted the search. If the kids was talking about stupid sh*t like killing someone, taking weapons to school, etc, and was the caught with any kind of knife and stupid Airsoft guns in his car, then my sympathy will go down a notch.

This. Of course, it's a foxnews article, so they want it to be an example of liberal wrongdoings, so you're not going to get that part of the story. They have to make him look like an innocent victim.

It couldn't be a factor that he had two Airsoft guns, a stun gun and a knife with him. It probably also isn't a factor that what precipitated this was videos that he posted on Youtube that caused a tip to be made to the Principal. He is also not the first kid at his school suspended because of a knife on school grounds, so I don't think that he can claim that he is being singled out.

Of course there's more to the story here. You should always ask yourself if that may be the case when you see stories like this, and ESPECIALLY when you see them on Fox News

It couldn't be a factor that he had two Airsoft guns, a stun gun and a knife with him. It probably also isn't a factor that what precipitated this was videos that he posted on Youtube that caused a tip to be made to the Principal. He is also not the first kid at his school suspended because of a knife on school grounds, so I don't think that he can claim that he is being singled out.

He had a stun gun? Hmmm, phurfur neglected that part of the story. He was running his mouth with Youtube videos? Hmmmm, phurfur neglected to share that part. It's almost as if he had an agenda here.

Army dream?

Way to dream high :sleep:

He had a stun gun? Hmmm, phurfur neglected that part of the story. He was running his mouth with Youtube videos? Hmmmm, phurfur neglected to share that part. It's almost as if he had an agenda here.

It also conveniently left off the fact that the kid was no longer acting as an EMT-in-training because he was asked to leave a couple of the stations where he was volunteering. This is not some boy scout who was wronged.

It also conveniently left off the fact that the kid was no longer acting as an EMT-in-training because he was asked to leave a couple of the stations where he was volunteering. This is not some boy scout who was wronged.

LOLOL Foxnews. Fair and balanced. :doh:

:(

I'm all for people using the armed services to better their lives. It's great for a lot of people.

I still don't see it being a "dream" however.

Of course there's more to the story here. You should always ask yourself if that may be the case when you see stories like this, and ESPECIALLY when you see them on Fox News

like benghazi?

Feel free to prove his link inacc...oh wait, you did.

Feel free to prove his link inacc...oh wait, you did.

No. His links aren't inaccurate. They're partial. They give all the details that make it look like liberals suck. And leave out any truths that show otherwise.

I don't realy, it's too violent.

I hear it's really economical though since it's tourism industry has taken a bit of a beating

Aaaaaahd PhartPhart is manipulated and abused by the MSM again! :doublethumbsup: