Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2014 Baseball** thread

Justin masterson is Jekyll and hyde this year. He was superb this outing.

Jose Fernandez is out for the year due to an arm injury. If you want someone to speculate on that will take his place I would suggest Andrew Heaney. The fish do not normally care about service time issues because they are going to trade their players before they reach arbritration so there should be no issues about service time. he is 3-1 with a sub 3 era and almost a k per inning. He has a deceptive delivery that keeps hitters off the ball.

Jose Fernandez is out for the year due to an arm injury. If you want someone to speculate on that will take his place I would suggest Andrew Heaney. The fish do not normally care about service time issues because they are going to trade their players before they reach arbritration so there should be no issues about service time. he is 3-1 with a sub 3 era and almost a k per inning. He has a deceptive delivery that keeps hitters off the ball.

Drafted in my league, but they could try to stretch out Kevin Slowey to give Heaney a couple of more months in the minors...

I doubt it would be months. the super2 cutoff is coming up pretty soon and if he is not up by then I am pretty sure he will be called up after that.

Miguel Cabrera. That slump didn't last very long.

Thanks to Ed, no doubt. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Ed, no doubt. :thumbsup:

:doublethumbsup:

still a retarded contract

:doublethumbsup:

still a retarded contract

If they dont give it to him, someone else does. Assuming they win a WS during the contract, i am ok with dealing with a bloated payroll and a bloated miggy at the end of it.

If they dont give it to him, someone else does.

B.S.

No one would give a guy like that a monster deal!

Signed - NY Yankees, LA Angels, LA Dodgers

Exactly.

Who else would have ponied up that kind of cash?

No one would give a guy like that a monster deal!

Signed - NY Yankees, LA Angels, LA Dodgers

I disagree. Especially with the tv constracts some of the teams are signing. The angels have already shown they are willing to spend. Poopholes,hamilton,trout. Adding him would have been very seeable for them. Miggy got a long term sweetheart deal because illiach is gonna die before the contract is up and he wants a world series to justify his return on baseball. If it gives the tigers a chance at a world series 3 times in the first half of his contract it will not matter what he does in the second half.

Jose abreu is on pace for 57 homers. I know its early but he is crushing.

I disagree. Especially with the tv constracts some of the teams are signing. The angels have already shown they are willing to spend. Poopholes,hamilton,trout. Adding him would have been very seeable for them. Miggy got a long term sweetheart deal because illiach is gonna die before the contract is up and he wants a world series to justify his return on baseball. If it gives the tigers a chance at a world series 3 times in the first half of his contract it will not matter what he does in the second half.

I think you missed the sarcasm (hence the listing of three teams that probably WOULD sign him).

Tanaka is filthy. He might go 24-0 in the mlb too. Just imagine where the Yanks would be if they didn't have him this year.

Tanaka is filthy. He might go 24-0 in the mlb too. Just imagine where the Yanks would be if they didn't have him this year.

best splitter anyone has EVER had.

Best change up since Pedro.

I can see he has absurd numbers to this point, but I don't know much about Tanaka. How many pitches does he have? How many plus pitches does he have? Does he have a really deceptive delivery ala Scherzer? Anyone else think he is going the route of Dice-K and will have a couple monster years then the league will figure him out and he will fade into obscurity?

I just traded high on abreu. I got Kendricks(4th ranked 2nd basemen) Andrews(8th ranked ss) and bryce harper for him and the trash I had in their place. he is almosthalfway through his career amount of games.which is 87 and I need help filling those black holes in my infield.

and there starts the breakdown in abreu 15 day dl

Smyly against the tribe. Tribe 1 smyly 0. Go Tribe!! Suck it Smyly :)

That was for you Kilroy.

ETA: Martinez just went yard. I shouldn't have said anything. Damn my big mouth.

Tigers had travel problems, barely made it in time for today's game. At least they had a good attitude about it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/concept-of-getaway-game-lost-on-tigers?ymd=20140519&content_id=76013596&vkey=news_mlb

Tigers had travel problems, barely made it in time for today's game. At least they had a good attitude about it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/concept-of-getaway-game-lost-on-tigers?ymd=20140519&content_id=76013596&vkey=news_mlb

I seen that. What a mess, but yes, seemed like they had a sense of humor about it.

I have those in pants and shorts. I do not own the hoodie. Last couple years they have a game thats like $25 for an upper box ticket and a pair of zubaz. The whole family goes and they all love the pants, except I am really the only one that wears them in public.

As far as last nights game goes, why the FOCK is don kelly batting 5th and playing CF. I havent been critcal of anything Ausmunch has done yet, but this crap needs to stop. don kelly should not be playing in the major leagues, let alone batting 5th and playing CF for the best team in the league.

My questions were "why leave a struggling Smyly in with runners at the corners" and then "why let Coke pitch to a righty with the go ahead run on 3rd?"

My questions were "why leave a struggling Smyly in with runners at the corners" and then "why let Coke pitch to a righty with the go ahead run on 3rd?"

coke focking sucks man. I simply can not believe we do not have a better arm in the minors.

coke focking sucks man.

you need a new dealer.

I was being absurdly generous. He had used up most of the bullpen arms over the weekend, and since Dombrowski has somehow failed to provide adequate relief pitching options (in spite of a drafting strategy that resulted in spending 9 of his first 10 picks last year on relief pitching prospects) he was left in a bad spot. But once that go-ahead run was on third, with a righty batting, it was Jim Leylandish to leave Coke in.

it was Jim Leylandish to leave Coke in.

brother is that you

I am soooo glad the sox resigned drew. no chance for the tigers do something stupid.

• Like 1

I am soooo glad the sox resigned drew. no chance for the tigers do something stupid.

I agree with this 100%.

Justin masterson is not even startable anymore.

Justin masterson is not even startable anymore.

He wants out of Cleveland. He's tanking in hopes of being traded. Just my thought on it. He refused a pretty decent contract, at least it was rumored around 14 million a year. He wants out. Trade him for prospects.

yea but its his contract year I believe. He wants to get paid on last years numbers when he is not pitching like he did last year.

Diamondbacks minor leaguer Jon Griffin hit 5 homers in a 5 straight at bats. A little impressive.

Let's see....Rangers...

SP #2 - Out til break.

SP #3 - Out for year.

SP #4 - Out for year.

SP #5 - trying to come back from missing last year

1B - Out for year.

2B - Out for year likely

C - missed most of season thus far. Unsure.

3B - spent time on DL

LF - spent time on DL

CF- been hurt

There are more. Opening day starter out as well. Guy they hoped to be closer. Etc. I've honestly never seen anything like it.