Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2014 Baseball** thread

I picked him up 3 days ago thinking he would get the call up in 2 weeks to a month and BAM. he is somehow just ss eligible..not even 2nd base. He will eventually get the OF too but the fact he is ONLY ss is kinda crazy. I hope he is going to be a polanco type player.

Blake Treinen got another great start for the Nats. That is 5 for 5 for the kid, plus he throws 100.

Five years from now we will be talking about this Nats staff.

Stras

Gio

Zimm

Fister

Roark

Treinen

5 years from now fister(11 years in by then) and gio (12 year in by then)will be retired and straussberg will be nearing 10 years in and say 9 years of wear.

Focking Ausmunch got a case of the leylands yesterday, resting Kinsler who is in the midst of a torrid streak. He came off the bench for a feeble PH attempt, but he should have started in an effort to win the series against Houston. Had Detroit taken the first two I could see resting him. Or had they not been facing Kazmir today, who kinsler hits like .125 against (ideal time for a day off). :wall:

It didn't matter, even if Kinsler put them up by 10 by the bottom of the 9th, Altuve would have like had 20 hits and stole 100 bases and they would have won by a 1000. Seriously, I don't think I've seen a player not hit a homerun and dominate a single team like he did against the Tigers.

walkoff grand slam by davis of all people tonight. Like to see that.

Was at the game last night, hot as fock, packed stadium, boring game. left in the seventh, got into the car, heard Oakland score three on the ride home. Walked in my house and my son (who was taking care of my FIL for us) tells me the tigers have something cooking in the ninth.

So, I did see the walkoff GS, just not from about 50 feet from where it landed. :wall:

My Rangers have what, 21 players on the DL or gone for the year? Wow - you can't make that shiat up. We are going to finish 30 back before it's all said and done. :(

Rick Porcello with complete game shutouts in back to back starts. This time he did it with no walk...and no strikeouts. But that's his strength, ground ball outs. It's unusual in today's game with so many guys throwing high heat, but Rick could be a monster non-strikeout guy.

nice to see him living up to his potential.

Yeah, tough to have patience for 5 years with a guy, but porcello deserved it. made the team as a (barely) 20 year old and always had the good sinker. Improved his other off speed stuff over time and is a really good starter right now.

I think the Tigers finally broke Oakland. The A's just dealt for BOTH of the Cubs' starters (Samardzija and Hammel).

I am glad for samardzia but he is going to be a rental for oakland. No way they have the money to re sign him and they had to give up their top ss prospect. That being said it appears as though Oakland is in go for broke mode now.

I will still take the tigers over them.

The As are absurdly good now. Like sickening.

Hammel best season: 2012 (3.43 ERA, 1.24 WHIP for Bal...only career sub 4.30 year)

Samardzija coming off of a season where he had 5+ ERAs in July, August, AND September (oh, and June 2014? 5+ ERA)

WTF is wrong with Masterson. Soooo glad the Indians didn't give him big $$$ for long term. Bouncing ball's to the plate, no control, bullpen up in the 2nd.....outstanding! !!

He is what he is crack. He alternates between good years and bad. The last 5 years era. 4.70,3.21,4.93,3.45 this year its 5.16. Bad, good , bad, good, bad. Next year whatever teams gets him will get the good masterson

I know. He just pisses me off. I hate the focking Yankees, and Masterson all but gift wrapped the win in the first three innings.

Tanaka getting an MRI on his pitching arm.

:clap:

Well Tiger fans here we go again only KC will be without Vargas and quite possibly Gordon.

nzoner...time to dust off a Geek Club old bit............Sig Bet on the Tigers/Royal Series? Winner picks loser sig for two weeks. If the series is tied 2-2, tiebreaker will be total runs scored.

You are a royals fan, right?

woooowww the tigers put it on the royals

nzoner...time to dust off a Geek Club old bit............Sig Bet on the Tigers/Royal Series? Winner picks loser sig for two weeks. If the series is tied 2-2, tiebreaker will be total runs scored.

You are a royals fan, right?

Sorry I missed this I'm on a sales deadline,that said had I seen this even before last nights game I would have declined as I'm not very confident in this club right now with the injuries and inconsistencies at the plate.Our clubs meet again in September twice maybe we can do this then.Also congrats on the epic ass kicking,I turned it off early on .

11 hits 1 focking run,a BS interference call and a pvssy manager who doesn't even have his own player's back.It's great being a KC fan.

A hot and cold year. Tigers are getting their act together after the big slide from an insurmountable lead that ended with a drop into second place.

A hot and cold year. Tigers are getting their act together after the big slide from an insurmountable lead that ended with a drop into second place.

KC has to win tonight because if not the Tigers will get the sweep now that Chen has been named starter tomorrow due to Vargas' surgery.

KC has to win tonight because if not the Tigers will get the sweep now that Chen has been named starter tomorrow due to Vargas' surgery.

Without looking it up, I am pretty sure Miggy is a career .500+ against Chen. He always just bombs everything Chen throws at him.

.410 with 5 homers which is a 3 way tie for 2nd most of chens career.

Miguel hitless in 6 of his last 10. Now, JD on the other hand...

He just won't slow down. I see no reason why he couldn't end the season hitting over .300 with nearly 30 bombs, he has a beautiful swing. The Tigers MIGHT have found a diamond in the rough when they got JD from Houston.

.337/.373/.652 with 13 homers and 42RBIs in 54 games.