Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**2014 Baseball** thread

:banana:

The kid is going to strike out a lot, but when he gets a hold of one, he has power that's out of this world. His swing is controlled violence, was fun to see him and Bryant in the same lineup in Iowa. Baez swings hard with ultra quick hands, Bryant you can see was like a maestro guiding an orchestra. Very different approaches but same results

Too bad Bryant isn't called up now as well...

T.J. Quinn @TJQuinnESPN · 38m

Two law enforcement sources tell me investigation revealed previously unnamed MLB players. Names will be revealed. Expect more suspensions.

T.J. Quinn @TJQuinnESPN · 38m

Two law enforcement sources tell me investigation revealed previously unnamed MLB players. Names will be revealed. Expect more suspensions.

cough cough david ortiz cough cough

cough cough david ortiz cough cough

Hopefully Ortiz and Schilling

Baez went deep twice today, pretty exciting, but how many times do you see a rookie come in and play well then the pitchers figure him out?

Nice to see a complete game by JGuts,give that bullpen a little rest.

The royals are never going to put it all together. They are in too tough of a division.

They very well may p!ss down their leg again but I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can....

On July 21, the Royals were two under and eight games back. They are now seven over and 2.5 back.

Out of town last night but had to post Big Game James giving a salute to the bullpen as in saying,"got your back boys you deserved a night of rest"

Just got back from catching the series in Toronto. I just love my baseball vacation.

Some stripper actually texted me today that she's going to be in houston this fall, and she wants me to come out. I remember giving my cell number to her, but that's a text I have to delete.

Toronto, as a baseball stadium, kind of sucks, but the city makes up for it

Baez went deep twice today, pretty exciting, but how many times do you see a rookie come in and play well then the pitchers figure him out?

I was at Baez debut on Tuesday at Coors. I do think pitchers will figure him out pretty quick. He has such a good stroke to RCF on fastballs. But he has a pretty terrible approach at the plate right now and that will be exploited. Baez swing reminds me of Sheffield.

Just got back from catching the series in Toronto. I just love my baseball vacation.

Some stripper actually texted me today that she's going to be in houston this fall, and she wants me to come out. I remember giving my cell number to her, but that's a text I have to delete.

Toronto, as a baseball stadium, kind of sucks, but the city makes up for it

So how many innings did you get to see yesterday?

So how many innings did you get to see yesterday?

Only had tickets for Friday and Saturday, flight was at noon on Sunday, I missed that marathon

Tigers are ripe for the taking. by my count, half of their team should not be on MLB roster and the guys that should are slumping. That and a bad bullpen isn't gonna get them anywhere. Hopefully this leads to a fun stretch drive. Nice to see KC hanging around. I could see myself rooting for that team if/when the tigers get knocked out or don't make it in.

Tigers are ripe for the taking. by my count, half of their team should not be on MLB roster and the guys that should are slumping. That and a bad bullpen isn't gonna get them anywhere. Hopefully this leads to a fun stretch drive. Nice to see KC hanging around. I could see myself rooting for that team if/when the tigers get knocked out or don't make it in.

Vegas has them at 3/1 for ALCS right now,KC at 9/1 I took KC at 15/1 back in March simply because I'm a homer.

It should lead to a helluva stretch drive because I know Detroit will bounce back,my biggest concern is KC's bats going cold again,this team is Jekyl and Hyde in that department.

this place needed moar royals@#$@

check the index

I've been saying since late April on the Tigers' message boards that this team wasn't winning sh*t. At this point, I don't think they will even get the CHANCE to choke in the playoffs. No defense, no bullpen, Miguel Cabrera broken, Brad Ausmus drowning, and Justin Verlander just not giving a f*ck. See you guys in 2030!

nice job by verlander on trying to save the tigers pen after a 19 inning game last night

I'm just waiting for someone to break out the beer and fried chicken.

Meanwhile...

Dombrowski: "Mr. Price, I would like to offer you a contract extension. We would be happy to make you a Detroit Tiger for li-....could you at least wait until you have left the room to start laughing?"

sounds like verlander left with arm soreness. Ruh-roh

Fastball at 88-90 mph. Arm soreness. I called the CC Sabathia/Roy Halladay-effect months ago, looks like I was just barely premature.

They very well may p!ss down their leg again but I'm going to enjoy this as long as I can....

On July 21, the Royals were two under and eight games back. They are now seven over and 2.5 back.

Time to update this to 11 over and 1/2 game up!

I woke up today and the Royals are still in first place!!@# Almost makes me want to crack a beer.

Tigers are trotting out a guy tonight that was in Single A ball just 2 1/2 weeks ago. You cannot make up names like this:

Buck Farmer.

sounds like an old SNL skit :dunno:

Tigers are trotting out a guy tonight that was in Single A ball just 2 1/2 weeks ago. You cannot make up names like this:

Buck Farmer.

People aren't allowed to have nicknames?

Buck Farmer.

He should change his name.

... to Buck Naked. :banana:

Buck Farmer.

It's okay KC has a kid in their farm system named Bubba

Being a Twins fan must be fun...

Byron Buxton in an OF collision, hasn't moved in 10 minutes. Ambulance on the field.

KC now has 3 complete games pitched in 7 days by Guthrie,Shields and now Vargas with the last 2 being shut-outs. :thumbsup:

Focking KC is on fire. I have a feeling they will choke again down the stretch and finish third in the division. I hope not, because I like KC, but until they prove otherwise.

Detroit

Cleveland

KC

Chicago

Minnesota

I called it on Migey, you're welcome. :clap:

go pirates beat the butt pirates

Focking KC is on fire. I have a feeling they will choke again down the stretch and finish third in the division. I hope not, because I like KC, but until they prove otherwise.

Detroit

Cleveland

KC

Chicago

Minnesota

I've been down this road with this team before so I'm not making any guarantees,just going to enjoy the ride while I can and hopefully that ride takes me into a postseason run.Thankfully I have a multiple tv set-up because if this keeps up we gonna have football and baseball on in the gameroom on Sundays.