Sign in to follow this  
Woosters

Andre Ellington

Andre Ellington RB - Arizona

So I have been reading a good amount of props for this guy, here and there on the web.

Wondering what the FFToday clan thinks about him and his position as the starter.

Looking for that deep diamond in the rough.

I am thinking a full blown out committee with S.Taylor though.

What say you?

Matthew Berry has him as the 15th ranked RB, with Al Morris and DeMarco at 14 and 13th. Could happen...I'd guess you can get him in round 4-5.

Andre Ellington RB - Arizona

So I have been reading a good amount of props for this guy, here and there on the web.

Wondering what the FFToday clan thinks about him and his position as the starter.

Looking for that deep diamond in the rough.

I am thinking a full blown out committee with S.Taylor though.

What say you?

I agree with you about the situation. But i do think that he Ellington will score more then he did last season.

Matthew Berry has him as the 15th ranked RB, with Al Morris and DeMarco at 14 and 13th. Could happen...I'd guess you can get him in round 4-5.

I don't understand why people on these boards always make an ADP guess that is absolutely a shot in the dark when you can easily get up to date information on the Internet. Currently Ellington's ADP is middle 3rd round and 17th back off the board after Bush, Spiller and before Tate, Sankey. I'd say that is about fair value. There is a chance that he locks up the #1 job and Arians trusts that he is far superior to Taylor AND can carry the load all year.

• Like 1

I have a choice in a new keeper i joined taking over a team. Ellington or tate for a 4th round pick. Now ellington is a good pass catching back, great for a ppr league like the one i joined, but holy fockballs is that division tough. Do you really trust ellington to be able to produce at a high level in all of those divisional games? Its not like the qb on the team strikes fear into the defense.

As the 17th rb there isnt a ton of gamble, for now at least. I think some are definitely over valuing him which will ultimately push his draft stock way too high. If he catches 3 passes in a pre season game you may as well draft him in the first to early second in a ppr league.

The Cards get Warmack back after losing him last season, but that offensive line is.... well, offensive.

Cardinals defense will keep games close but it's tough to get a read on a Palmer lead offense.

PPR leagues he's worth a gamble if you go WR/WR early in your draft.

Ellington is a great PPR back just don't count on many TD's maybe 1400 total yards , 6 TD's , 65 rec. pretty good for a low end RB2

I don't understand why people on these boards always make an ADP guess that is absolutely a shot in the dark when you can easily get up to date information on the Internet. Currently Ellington's ADP is middle 3rd round and 17th back off the board after Bush, Spiller and before Tate, Sankey. I'd say that is about fair value. There is a chance that he locks up the #1 job and Arians trusts that he is far superior to Taylor AND can carry the load all year.

Well then call me a @#%@%& SHARP SHOOTER, because I just started doing a couple mock drafts...and picked up Ellington in the 5th round, both times. Might this change in a few months...of course. But right now, he's going in some ESPN mocks in the 5th round.

The Cards got Dwyer from Pittsburgh...He is a ground pounder. He will get his share of the carries plus goal line carries.

Ellington will be fine with 20+ touches.......I just don't think they will give him any more the 12 weekly. PPR and injury #4 RB with upside to a weak #2.

Ellington will be fine with 20+ touches.......I just don't think they will give him any more the 12 weekly. PPR and injury #4 RB with upside to a weak #2.

I would normally agree with you on this but Ellington may get the 20 touches because of the lack of talent at RB on the Cardinals roster. I mean..... Jonathan Dwyer?? ok he'll vulture some TD's but he (or Taylor for that matter) wouldn't scare me as an Ellington owner. He's earned the right for more touches.

• Like 1

I would normally agree with you on this but Ellington may get the 20 touches because of the lack of talent at RB on the Cardinals roster. I mean..... Jonathan Dwyer?? ok he'll vulture some TD's but he (or Taylor for that matter) wouldn't scare me as an Ellington owner. He's earned the right for more touches.

20 touches a game in a really tough division. He isnt all that big and he is going to get the shlt kicked out of him if he is getting 20 touches a game in the divisional matchups. I just think its better to let someone else take the risk.

• Like 1

20 touches a game in a really tough division. He isnt all that big and he is going to get the shlt kicked out of him if he is getting 20 touches a game in the divisional matchups. I just think its better to let someone else take the risk.

Yeah...I probably wouldn't be too excited with Ellington as my RB2 and will probably avoid him depending on how some of my drafts unfold. There appears to be some upside, though.

• Like 1

As of right now he's my #2 Rb in a ppr keeper league. I think he could be productive #2 Rb with 15 touches a game in a ppr league.

• Like 1

Like him has a # 3

On mastermind they said he could expect to get 25-30 touches a game. I doubt that will happen, but if he can handle the load he will be a top rb.

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues and I am holding. I think he has an outside chance of being the next Jamal Charles.

Ellington has the talent, he has the opportunity, all he needs to do is stay healthy. Which, I admit, for a rb his size may be very difficult.

• Like 1

i don't think he'll rbbc with taylor. i think if anything tim cornett or dwyer will pass taylor. he's so meh.

but either way, ellington will get the most work and most opportunity. i'd rather have reggie bush, joique bell, or bishop sankey (clear #1 for now) than ellington, but that's just me. his adp seems about right.

the thing with making statements like "ill let someone else take the risk" is that outside of a handful of RB's, there are less and less "sure things". Once you get past those sure things, you have to start taking some risk and shooting for that big payoff.

Charles, McCoy, Forte, Peterson, Lacy, Lynch..... then you have Foster coming off injury. Same with Martin..... then you have a guy like LeVeon who averaged 3.5 ypc, Ball who people are assuming will seamlessly replace Moreno.... Stacy and Bernard whose teams drafted RB's. Thats 12. Then what? Let's add Murray and make it 13. I already listed some ?'s with half those guys but lets pretend they are locks.

that brings us to Alf morris (few receptions, new coach), Spiller???, Ellington, Bush/Joique, Tate, Vereen, Rice and Mathews, Gore, CJ1K, Gerhart, Sankey, T-Rich, moreno in miami. which of these guys does not have risk?

• Like 1

the thing with making statements like "ill let someone else take the risk" is that outside of a handful of RB's, there are less and less "sure things". Once you get past those sure things, you have to start taking some risk and shooting for that big payoff.

Charles, McCoy, Forte, Peterson, Lacy, Lynch..... then you have Foster coming off injury. Same with Martin..... then you have a guy like LeVeon who averaged 3.5 ypc, Ball who people are assuming will seamlessly replace Moreno.... Stacy and Bernard whose teams drafted RB's. Thats 12. Then what? Let's add Murray and make it 13. I already listed some ?'s with half those guys but lets pretend they are locks.

that brings us to Alf morris (few receptions, new coach), Spiller???, Ellington, Bush/Joique, Tate, Vereen, Rice and Mathews, Gore, CJ1K, Gerhart, Sankey, T-Rich, moreno in miami. which of these guys does not have risk?

Its more i will let someone else take the risk for the price tag. Why is ellington being hyped so much over other similar or even better running backs? All he has to do us catch a few passes in pre season and the whole ff world is going to be gagging on ellington crank. Late 2nd round is where you will have to draft him. Im passing at that point.

Ok late 2nd I would pass as well but I was under the impression his high point was mid 3rd.

Or if you toss out ADP, he's going after the first 13 backs I listed. Anyone taking him before those guys is just foolish anyway.

I was looking at the issue more in terms of let's pretend the sure thing guys are gone. At that point you have to take some risks with just about any of these guys

I guess i am looking at the situation with how much hype he is getting combined with how high i think his adp will jump.

I guess i am looking at the situation with how much hype he is getting combined with how high i think his adp will jump.

well i will agree that if his hype becomes that much that his ADP jumps and he starts to go ahead of some of the 13 guys I mentioned earlier, I will let someone else bite. But after those guys, if Ellington falls off the board in a normal range, he will def be in play for me as much as any of the remaining guys with ?'s. Unless you go RB/RB, there is a good chance you're looking at one of the ?'s guys as your RB2

I dont want to dissuade anyone from taking him. I am not anti ellington, and he will probably blow up with all the talk i put in this thread, but there are just a lot of circumstances that negate the positive news he has been receiving.

Time share with Stepfan Taylor by mid-season. They love what Taylor has shown: straight ahead runner, good hands, decent open field burst, good pass protect. In the interest of saving wear and tear on both young backs, there will not be a feature back in AZ.

My prediction is that all the hype will push Ellington's ADP way too high. His owners will crow about how smart they are the first couple weeks of the season. And once the heart of the schedule hits, he'll be in a RBBC.

The one scenario i do not see is a rbbc with taylor. The dude had some really bad combine results. The nfc west will eat his lunch.

I am not worrying about RBBC at all. Andre Ellington is the undisputed starter.

The only concern is that if his body can shoulder the workload. I twitted about him a couple of days ago. I was kind of surprised during the draft that Cardinals didn't even take a RB.

• Like 1

I am not worrying about RBBC at all. Andre Ellington is the undisputed starter.

The only concern is that if his body can shoulder the workload. I twitted about him a couple of days ago. I was kind of surprised during the draft that Cardinals didn't even take a RB.

Last year Mendenhall was their undisputed starter. The year before it was Beanie Wells.

So you're worried about Ellingtons ability to carry the load; surprised they didn't draft a RB; but completely dismissive of the notion that the Cardinals have those same concerns and didn't draft at the position because they're going to use Taylor to reduce Ellington's wear and tear?

Pros

Good workload

Good weapons in passing game to keep Ds from stacking the box

Good D to keep games close

Will catch a good amount of passes

Cons

Terrible division to play in

May share time, but who doesnt these days?

I like Ellington and think he will do well, especially in PPR. After the true work horse RBs are gone, who else offers as much upside? If it wasn't for those 6 division games, I think he would easily be top 10 by years end.

Basically taylor sucks cack which leads me to believe he will not take away significant touches.

Well said ! Pretty much sums it up ! Ellington is a target in this years drafts especially ppr.

Stepan seems like a plodder to me so I am not concerned with RBBC.

Ellington was a every week starter by midseason in PPR last year only getting minimal touches. I think he increases his receptions by 2 per game and adds about 5 rushes per game. If thats the case he would average 13 rushes and 4 receptions for 17 touches per week. Thats extremely reasonable. Lets say he averages 5 yards per carry, which again very reasonable and less than his average last year(5.5), as well as 8 ypr (again less than last year). If he hits those totals then he will be looking at a 1500 all purpose season. If you sprinkle in 7-9 touchdowns combine rushing/receiving that adds a possible 42-63 points to the end of his yardage point total. That translates to a season between 210-230 points in standard scoring. Thats absolutely a RB1 every year.

Somebody call me crazy, but I don't think this is that outrageous. I could see his touchdown totals being less than this but even if you remove half his possible touchdowns and say that he only scores 4 for the year...he is still a very good looking RB2 in the second round.

• Like 1

rotoworld now has Ellington getting 20-22 touches a game

For some reason I can not post a link, but I think most of you know where to look

ppr buy, big buy.

check the tape, kid is terrific. tape dont lie.

o line is gonna be better, lasty yr behind a ###### line, he was terrific.

15-18 touches is just fine, #15 ppr back is my floor.

ppr buy, big buy.

check the tape, kid is terrific. tape dont lie.

o line is gonna be better, lasty yr behind a ###### line, he was terrific.

15-18 touches is just fine, #15 ppr back is my floor.

im interested to see how ellington fares this year. You and me built strikingly similar teams in MFFL. Ellington was on my radar when i took Vereen.

im interested to see how ellington fares this year. You and me built strikingly similar teams in MFFL. Ellington was on my radar when i took Vereen.

i noticed that as well. good sign for ur team.

in retrospect, id call them dimilar.