Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Glimmer of Hope for Josh Gordon?

And this ridiculous wait period continues...Hard to imagine he'd get a full season suspension at this point. Let's just get on with the decision already commish...

Totally ridiculous to have to wait this long... We are going on months and months of waiting. Kinda pissin me off....

The waiting really hurts the Browns. Realistically the Browns can't fully prepare a game plan without fully knowing his status currently. The suspension also would be for a full calendar year. Meaning if Gordon came back next season he would miss all off season activities and most of training camp and pre-season.

Via Rotoworld:

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Josh Gordon verdict may not be handed down before the end of next week.

Gordon's appeal hearing with Harold Henderson reportedly contained a high volume of testimony and evidence from both sides, leading to this lengthy delay."

:wall:

Via Rotoworld:

"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Josh Gordon verdict may not be handed down before the end of next week.

Gordon's appeal hearing with Harold Henderson reportedly contained a high volume of testimony and evidence from both sides, leading to this lengthy delay."

:wall:

ooooooooooooooooffffffff

Even if he misses eight games, can he be counted on to be a viable option at that point? Perhaps if he is allowed to practice with the team, but even then they won't be giving first team reps to a guy who won't be playing for 2 months. Not sure it's worth keeping him or drafting him unless it's less than 6 games.

I'll draft him if he's out for the first 12 games. I just won't do it until later, but I will definitely do it and make sure I take enough WR's early to not "need" him upon his return. I'm surprised they are taking this long as the 2nd hand smoke defense has never worked before, however, with one positive sample and one negative, you would have to think the NFL is looking at this differently.

On a more conspiratorial note... The NFL loves Johnny Football. Would they "allow" Gordon back early to give the Browns a glimmer of hope? My thoughts are they would, provided Gordon agrees to a rehab facility and team, or NFL, structured counseling. You can't have Johnny Football out there throwing to Miles and Hawkins, can you? lol The NFL is all about the mighty dollar. I think if he's only given a 6 to 8 game suspension, this will be the reason why. The next question is; How does that DUI effect his suspension? Didn't it happen right after the suspension was handed down, meaning he would still have to answer to the Commish? Maybe he gets an 8 game suspension, but the NFL suspends him for another 8 games for multiple league violations..... I still think they want to promote Manziel and it will weigh in this decision.

• Like 1

I think he gets eight games. Mulling an offer of Cordarelle Patterson for him in my keeper league. It's not his behavior this year that really concerns, but rather the blockhead's future ability to remain clear of the hippie lettuce, and of course the death penalty.

Freaking ridiculous...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there will be no decision on Josh Gordon's suspension appeal this week.

Per FOX Sports' Mike Garofolo, the NFL Players Union and Gordon's reps were expecting a decision by the end of this week. RapSheet says one isn't coming, however. The holdup is believed to be due to a high volume of testimony on both sides stemming from Gordon's latest failed drug test. Gordon failed several drug tests in college, as well. He'll remain in limbo until appeals officer Harold Henderson makes a decision. Hopefully, it'll happen next week.
Aug 22 - 3:56 PM

as far as fantasy football goes, an 8 game suspension might as well be a season long suspension. It will take 2-3 games for him to get up to speed and to get on the same page as his QB.

with an 8 game suspension, he's good for the fantasy playoffs, but that's it.

as far as fantasy football goes, an 8 game suspension might as well be a season long suspension. It will take 2-3 games for him to get up to speed and to get on the same page as his QB.

with an 8 game suspension, he's good for the fantasy playoffs, but that's it.

Wait, wait, since when is having a healthy and rested potential number one overall receiver coming up just in time for the championships a liability? This reminds me so much of A.P. coming off his knee injury except so much more. Gordon should be in the conversation with all of the top wide receivers and if you can pick him up in the 10th round or later I can't imagine how it would negatively effect your team, you should have all of your starters pegged by then. If you read the article you'll see that even if the N.F.L. does try to punish Gordon he would have grounds to file a restraining order against the league and be able to play out the season anyways (it references what the Williams Wall did for the Vikings).

Well, that settles it.

:lol:

Wait, wait, since when is having a healthy and rested potential number one overall receiver coming up just in time for the championships a liability? This reminds me so much of A.P. coming off his knee injury except so much more. Gordon should be in the conversation with all of the top wide receivers and if you can pick him up in the 10th round or later I can't imagine how it would negatively effect your team, you should have all of your starters pegged by then. If you read the article you'll see that even if the N.F.L. does try to punish Gordon he would have grounds to file a restraining order against the league and be able to play out the season anyways (it references what the Williams Wall did for the Vikings).

Restraining order? Ha ha ha ha...

"Your honor I object."

"Overruled..."

"Your honor I strenuously object."

"Well OK."

L.O.L. No the restraining order would apply to the fact that the N.F.L. will cause him a loss if they're allowed to suspend him while the issue is pending state court.

He went for $0.40 in my $15 cap auction last night (16 teams)...That comes out to roughly $5-6 in a $200 cap auction.

Gordon went in the 8th round in one of my drafts tonight. I was very surprised - hoping to grab him at 9.10/10.1

8 is too early. I'd probably only grab him if he fell to the 11th round. Most believe he is getting at least an 8 game suspension and that is just over half the season.

Most believe he is getting at least an 8 game suspension and that is just over half the season.

I know it's semantics and not many percentage points more, but our regular season is 13 games so I look at it more like he's going to miss 2/3 of the season. While he could come back and beast it up, I'm not using a pick I am hoping for some production out of. He's still available in my early draft league, and my main competitive league is drafting the 31st so depending on how my roster shakes out I may or may not try using a late pick