Sign in to follow this  
tigeru

Anybody have a married couple in their league?

I feel like this is essentially 2 entries from the same person into the paid league. It doesn't seem fair.

I was in a league last year with 2 married couples though only 1 shared a team.

They both definitely ran their own teams and made their own decisions.

No

I brought it because they made a lopsided trade last year that didn't get enough no votes. It was made while half the league wasn't paying attention and it helped one win the title.

well, get out of that league then. Nothing like that went down in mine. She made a lopsided trade but it was with another person. Both her and her trading partner finished near the bottom of the standings anyways.

I had my wife start a league with all our league's wives almost 10 years ago.

Now we all get to watch football on Sundays rather than do the garbage we had to do before.

Yes, I am a genius. Thank you.

I like taking me wife fishing and camping . She is beautiful and I much rather look at her then water

Married couple been part of our 12 teamer forever. Run their own teams, don't trade (though there's no covenant against it). We have a father/son duo that operates in the same manner.

No issue at all.

In fact, a couple years ago the husband (whose team always sucks) couldn't make the draft and she selected for him. He went on to win his only title, but with the biggest asterisk anybody would ever not want to have..

Because really the 2 minute garbage can wait until Monday

Haha. Garbage like going to the mall or a picnic or whatever.

I brought it because they made a lopsided trade last year that didn't get enough no votes. It was made while half the league wasn't paying attention and it helped one win the title.

Had this happen once in a fun, no money league with friends. In that case, meh, whatever, although she was more savvy than he so we got to give him shiot.

I'd have a problem if it was a money/competitive league.

Who allows a woman in their league? Even worse, who allows two ghey guys!?!? :blink:

Now, lesbians on the other hand.... :thumbsup:

Eh women are dead money in FF anyway so id be fine with it. Altho on the otherhand, the woman who knows nothing about the nfl besides Tom Brady is hot, will get amazingly lucky and every one of her bonehead picks will hit and not get injured. So beware, she will take out at least a few people with the incredible luck, and god help you when she sneaks into the playoffs. You will get beat by 50.

No she dumped her husband a bunch of players so he won the championship and she lost all the way to #1 pick

good gawd.... guys need some male bonding time. I guess if its a small or no money league with a bunch of people that really don't know what they are doing. As far as having time with the wife, she doesn't miss out at all. I load the family up in the car on Saturday and go somewhere fun with them. Do some chores when I get back, get up early do more yard work ect till 12. At that point she is more than happy to let me have my football time.

Moz and Dehaven in the MFFL league

Maybe I am not giving the chicks enough credit.. Just saying my time with the guys is important. It's really all I got with my buds being a family man

I had my wife start a league with all our league's wives almost 10 years ago.

Now we all get to watch football on Sundays rather than do the garbage we had to do before.

Yes, I am a genius. Thank you.

Unless the wife just refuses to even try.

my wife used to be in a league with me and the #1 rule was NO TRADING between the two of us...there are plenty other teams to trade with...this should be standard in all leagues

my wife used to be in a league with me and the #1 rule was NO TRADING between the two of us...there are plenty other teams to trade with...this should be standard in all leagues

This. I commish a friends/family league keeper league that both my sister/brother-in-law & mom/dad are a part of. We don't have a no trade clause between said teams but I've always made it clear that no collusive trades will go down. Never had an issue.

My mom actually studies quite a bit & while my sister isn't as fantasy savvy, she knows football pretty well being a die-hard Packers fan.

Played in a work league once with my girlfriend at the time. We talked more s#*t to each other than any other two teams. Not to mention, the side bets that only a couple can make (if you catch my drift) were totally worth it! :)

We had a father son and two brothers and no issue at all, we may even have had a married couple a few times. No issues at all as the commish is above board, if you don't trust the commish to run a fair league, you should consider dropping it as someone noted above.

My wife and I played in the same league for over 4 years...

We are now divorced.

lemme guess, she got to keep arod and bmarsh and you have to pay her blind bid waiver fees now?

My wife and I played in the same league for over 4 years...

We are now divorced.

We are too, I divorced her cuz she sucked at fantasy football and was making me look bad :banana:

I wonder how that works since they are both bottoms :dunno:

Remember that scene at the end of Requiem for a Dream?

• Like 1

Fantasy football with your wife is super ghey. Spending time together is great and all, but it's healthy to maintain a few of your own separate interests as well.

• Like 1

Fantasy football with your wife is super ghey. Spending time together is great and all, but it's healthy to maintain a few of your own separate interests as well.

so playing fantasy football with ur WIFE is gay? :doh:

I think u got ur schit mixed up my friend :music_guitarred:

I only had mine in the league so she couldnt biatch at all the time and $$$ I spent on it...its called marriage strategy :first:

WTF we cant swear here anymore? What is mike a bible thumber now or what?

agreed.

or if there is a trade between Hubby and wife, the league as a whole has to approve it (only one nay allowed. if there are two, the trade is cancelled)

• Like 1

Last year I had two married couples. This year, 1 and the husband from the other as the wife will not be back. The first year, that couple looked good. The wife won her division over him, and he won the championship. Btw I was the 3 seed and I ended her season in a week 15 divisional round beatdown(171-97 something like that) before losing to her husband. Since then they both have been mediocre and missing the playoffs. Last year the wife of the newer married couple that joined had the top seed as she overtook the favorite(and eventual champion) late before losing in her first playoff game. The husband was terrible.

...its called marriage strategy :first:

I think deep down you already know this......but..........you are whipped, my friend. No other way to put it.

This is the most depressing thread I've read in a long time. Go vote for Hillary you pansies.

On a side note, there's been some solid female posters at fftoday over the years.

I think deep down you already know this......but..........you are whipped, my friend. No other way to put it.

This is the most depressing thread I've read in a long time. Go vote for Hillary you pansies.

On a side note, there's been some solid female posters at fftoday over the years.

Yeah I am whipped? lmao..thats funny...I think you missed the other post where I divorced her...and I won custody of my two sons...and she pays ME for child support....and I remarried 3 years ago yesterday actually...but I am divorcing her now too..does that sound like a dude who gives a fvck what woman think? and if you think voting really counts you're an idiot

Yeah I am whipped? lmao..thats funny...I think you missed the other post where I divorced her...and I won custody of my two sons...and she pays ME for child support....and I remarried 3 years ago yesterday actually...but I am divorcing her now too..does that sound like a dude who gives a fvck what woman think? and if you think voting really counts you're an idiot

You're right, I missed that part. When you post something like "I only had mine in the league so she couldnt biatch at me all the time and $$$ I spent on it." then everything else is irrelevant. HTH

I'm the commish of a league for 15 years, 13 with my wife in it, and when it comes to fantasy football, we are 100% enemies, i hate her team and she hates mine, just like it should be.