Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

L Mccoy turf toe warning

Read here in ff that he has turf toe . And says he was in a lot of pain trying to practice with it . Now thats a cheat sheet changer .

Well we know 5 of the top 10 rbs bust every year, so we have Charles down with his "minor" injury, now Mcoy with a nagging toe all season. 2 down, at least 3 to go. Looking like forte is the safest rb along with Peterson.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/292261/lesean-mccoy-has-small-version-of-turf-toe

In all seriousness this is a bad injury for skill position players. It's typically not bad enough to force them to sit, but it limits their burst and lateral movement. I'm not sure what "small version" of turf toe means but the only way to heal it is rest so hopefully there is enough time between now and the regular season for it to heal up.

I traded him in the only league I owned him about a month ago. I don't wish any ill will on any player, but I'd sure feel better about the deal if he misses some time. I traded him for Montee Ball, Victor Cruz and a pick in the rookie draft.

I also own Charles in one dynasty league and people must be worried about his foot as I cannot get anything at all for him. I prefer to sell my players when their value is at its highest point, but that is proving almost impossible with Charles.

If McCoy were to miss time I think it'd be a time share

Is sproles returning kicks?

I meant as a passing back. He would pick up Mccoys passes. If MCcoy misses time I assume sproles will not be the main running back.

Turf toe for a guy who moves like that equals DND with that high a pick needed.

The problem is that it isn't an injury that would necessarily keep him off the field. Guys still play with turf toe, it becomes pain management, but typically they are far less effective, especially coming in and out of cuts. Unfortunately it won't heal fully without some time off.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/health/2011/12/doctors_say_turf_toe_like_ray.html

This is about the best analysis I could find, but even if he's at grade 2, a couple of weeks of rest should take care of it. The problem with this injury comes during the season when star players can't afford to rest.

I would think if he was Grade 3 according to this article, you'd have heard more about it.

From yesterday's Star-Ledger...

"I felt like if it was hurting too much, I would shut it down," McCoy said. "But I warmed up today, it felt good. In this league, you have to learn to play through some pain. My track record since I have been here, I don't miss a lot of games of practices."

I have the number one pick and will change my pick from McCoy because I do not want to deal with any type of turf toe but I do have other options. At what point would you take McCoy?

for sure... I had him at #1 but this may move his down a little bit but I had forte, Mccoy charles all about equal so its simple a slight shuffle

Last year people let J Charles slide with the foot issue (he went RD2 in my league) and he dominated the league as the #1 player. Cant let this stop you from drafting him top 4 unless some bad news comes out.

The eagles just traded for Kenjon Barner. Coincidence?

No its not,

Per rotowrld...

The pick is likely contingent on Barner making the 53-man roster. Barner was on the outs in Carolina, but played for Eagles coach Chip Kelly at Oregon, and offers some badly needed depth at running back. His acquisition could be curtains for Chris Polk in Philly if Polk can't get healthy. Polk has missed the majority of camp with a hamstring injury. A 2013 sixth-rounder, Barner managed only six carries across eight games. He missed time with a foot issue

Chris Polk is the primary rusher in Philly if McCoy were to miss time FWIW. Sproles role may increase but he won't get 15-20 carries per game under any circumstance.

Chip on LeSean McCoy's turf toe: He's fine

Coach Chip Kelly downplayed LeSean McCoy's "small version" for turf toe Tuesday.

McCoy practiced in full on Monday, a surefire sign that this ailment is nothing to be worried about. If the Eagles' medical staff had any concern at all, they would have held him out as the regular season opener is more than two weeks away. "He's fine," coach Chip Kelly said. "It's not as big of an issue as I think anybody has made it out to be. ... There’s a lot of questions about a toe in August that I think is way overblown." Owners looking for protection can snag Chris Polk, although he has to get over his nagging hamstring injury soon to secure the backup job.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/football-headlines/?rw=1

Chris Polk is the primary rusher in Philly if McCoy were to miss time FWIW.

Polk probably won't be on their roster soon, given the post directly above yours.

the ONE year I had a #1 overall pick, I gleefully scooped LT2 ... think it was '08, after a couple of his monster seasons.

anyway, he had a lingering turf toe all season long ... don't think he missed a game, but ... it was more than a few weeks where he had the 'Q' tag right up 'til gametime.

think he barely averaged 4 ypc (if that), and td's were more than halved from the previous season.

so, even if Shady is a 'GO' on gamedays, this thing can linger like a mofo ... there is precedent

Polk probably won't be on their roster soon, given the post directly above yours.

I'd be really surprised if that's the case.

I think it would be smart to wait till 3rd pre-season game basically a rehearsal. If he sits then it might be worrisome. AP sat all pre-season and he had the major injury that might linger. I feel these are over reactions. I sure as hell down grade on injuries or history... but sometimes you can't over react. They still have trade value so maybe you can swap RB when news dies down if your that worried.

But 1 pick can be your season I had AP both his injury years you just never know and both were in season injuries.

If he had turf toe why would he be practicing and why are they saying hes playing tomorrow? :dunno: obviously its not serious

Just like Roddys injury wasnt serious last year when he started and practiced. guys play through pain all the time. He should be fine but it could nag or get worse.Im prob just being paranoid.

Just like Roddys injury wasnt serious last year when he started and practiced.

yes but that was during season...If roddy was hurt during preseason they would have him rest...totally different situations

White was hurt during preseason last year .

Great advice Rotoworld on Polk! Except he may not even make the damn team. What a joke. I hate when those sites throw out little blurbs with bad advice.

No way in hell does Kelly let McCoy practice if they are in any way concerned it will make the injury worse. He should be just fine.

yes but that was during season...If roddy was hurt during preseason they would have him rest...totally different situations

White was hurt during preseason last year .

Yea remember is was business as usual til the end of preseason when they started hinting that white was feeling a bit worse than we thought. Yet Roddy maintained it was fine (why tip your hat to the other teams?). Then gametime comes and hes a completely different player playing decoy and getting owners 2pnts a week for I forget how many weeks. Just murdered peoples teams.