Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Puppy's first day at doggy day care

He's done well meeting other dogs before at the dog park, but we only went to the under 30 pound dog park. We are taking him there for the day so he can get used to it before we leave him for the weekend.

Nervous about him with bigger dogs, he's only five months old..

They're going to make him their

No I don't..

Yes you do, because it's socially acceptable to fuss over your kids nonstop. Fussing over an animal to the same extent is just kinda odd.

Unless you got the puppy so the lady would put off kids for a couple years? In which case, well played

• Like 1

It's like the first day of school... for your puppy. :D

I'm sure he will be fine. It's got to be better than boarding, right?

my son's 1st day at Daycare today. :(

Only Tuesday and Thursday from 8 to 5.

I am not a fan and sad he had to go.

Momma is still going to skewl

When I was a kid we called doggy daycare "backyard". :dunno:

Very sad that your parents would lock you in the backyard.

Not your best effort. :(

More sad that you're sending your kid to doggy daycare

Not your best effort. :(

I laughed. :dunno:

Seriously, those of is with kids laugh at dog or (even worse) cat lovers. If your pet does you just buy another pet. It's a focking animal. :lol:

• Like 1

He's done well meeting other dogs before at the dog park, but we only went to the under 30 pound dog park. We are taking him there for the day so he can get used to it before we leave him for the weekend.

Nervous about him with bigger dogs, he's only five months old..

Holy phag batman.

Did you knit him a sweater for the chilly weekend Mary ?

• Like 1

Seriously, those of is with kids laugh at dog or (even worse) cat lovers. If your pet does you just buy another pet. It's a focking animal. :lol:

If your kid dies, just have another kid. :dunno:

One day you'll get it.

Actually, at your age you won't. :(

One day you'll get it.

Actually, at your age you won't. :(

Just like when you die, your wife will get a new husband.

Everything is replaceable. ;)

:nono:

pets are members of the family too.

a dog would probably be cuter than your kid anyway

They Ate What?

Vetinary medicine contest winners....with x-rays. The dog that ate 43 socks came in third.

http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/2014-X-Ray-Contest-Winners/

the rubber ducks is by far the best

Not half as hard as we laugh at those of you with kids when we decide to throw the dogs in the backyard and put an extra bowl of food and water down for the cats so we can take a last minute trip to Maui for the weekend. But yeah, your's is good too. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Just like we used to call social media "outside" :dunno:

Either way, without a pic of said pup, this thread is worthless.

:nono:

pets are members of the family too.

a dog would probably be cuter than your kid anyway

Depends on how big the dogs head is :dunno:

Yeah, it's not the same. Losing a child would be the most traumatic thing to happen in a person's life. Losing a pet is sad. Since you don't have kids, I'd just bow out now.

Yeah, it's not the same. Losing a child would be the most traumatic thing to happen in a person's life. Losing a pet is sad. Since you don't have kids, I'd just bow out now.

Curious to know the percentage of people who've lost a child end up having another one. I'd bet it's pretty high.

Curious to know the percentage of people who've lost a child end up having another one. I'd bet it's pretty high.

Great question! Kidding, that's a stupid question. I'm curious to know the percentage of people who've lost a house key who end up getting another one.

Seriously, what is your point?

Great question! Kidding, that's a stupid question. I'm curious to know the percentage of people who've lost a house key who end up getting another one.

Seriously, what is your point?

Same thing as people who lose a pet getting another one.

Hint: Most people don't think of their pets as replaceable, either.

Same thing as people who lose a pet getting another one.

Hint: Most people don't think of their pets as replaceable, either.

Hint: that is what people say if they don't have kids. And in that respect, it is a true statement. But if they later have kids, they understand that you can't remotely compare the two scenarios.

Hint: that is what people say if they don't have kids. And in that respect, it is a true statement. But if they later have kids, they understand that you can't remotely compare the two scenarios.

Sorry, but I know people with kids who think the same about their pets. It's not an either/or to them.

Sorry, but I know people with kids who think the same about their pets. It's not an either/or to them.

:wacko:

Depends on the person though. Some people don't give a sh!t about their kids. :dunno:

Doggy day care ranks just below belly putters and third nipples on the list of unnecessary things in this world.

You need some new friends

Doggy day care ranks just below belly putters and third nipples on the list of unnecessary things in this world.

For us it works because we both have to work and just bought a new house. It's still almost too hot to leave him outside all day.

As much as I love my dog, which is a ton, you can't compare losing a pet to losing a kid, that's crazy

For us it works because we both have to work and just bought a new house. It's still almost too hot to leave him outside all day.

As much as I love my dog, which is a ton, you can't compare losing a pet to losing a kid, that's crazy

At various times in my life, we had cats, dogs, horses, cattle, and chickens around. None of them ever came inside the house for any reason.

They had room to roam outside, shelter against inclement weather and plenty of food to eat.

The dogs and cats were playful, fun, and very happy, but, they were not part of our family. They were pets.

At various times in my life, we had cats, dogs, horses, cattle, and chickens around. None of them ever came inside the house for any reason.

They had room to roam outside, shelter against inclement weather and plenty of food to eat.

The dogs and cats were playful, fun, and very happy, but, they were not part of our family. They were pets.

this

you know mental cases, good ...we are proud of you.

Speaking as someone who has a pet and has kids:

I absolutely love my dog, he's awesome and a part of the family. I'd be very upset if anything happened to him, but eventually life would go on.

Losing my son would make me not want to go on living. It is just not even remotely the same thing.

Being single / childless absolutely comes with perks. But non-parents will never understand how parents feel about their kids, and nobody who speaks from experience would ever compare losing their cat to losing a kid.

So yeah, I think worrying about how Sparky does at doggy daycare is pretty damn funny.