Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Who are you benching to start Matt Asiata?

We have two games to judge him on. Both great fantasy numbers no matter his 40 tome

One game he had three touchdowns but other than that 30 carries for 51 yards (of course it was against the Eagles).

People aren't getting that a guy like Patterson doesn't benefit from a 'ton of looks". His value comes from deception and misdirection to hit that home run. With AP out there is much less deception and much more attention/respect given to Patterson I think. If they just gave him the ball every play he'd average 2 yards per touch. Toby Gerhart gets a ton of looks. So does Doug Martin. Patterson's yards per touch will go down and his uptick of touches won't be enough to compensate for it.

You make valid points but I think you are over complicating your analysis. Patterson is a physical freak. For any such person, more looks are generally a good thing. His performance/look may decrease because defenses key more on him, but because he is a freak, he should put up overall improved numbers due to the higher volume.

Asiata is not ADP! Not even close! Everyone concerned about Jerick not having experience..what the hell experience does Asiata have? Two starts? I keep forgetting that everyone's an expert.

We have two games to judge him on. Both great fantasy numbers no matter his 40 tome

And those two games are why expectations are wayyyy too high.

14-36yds vs NE, this guy's name will be all over the "Fock You" thread tomorrow... Good Luck.

• Like 1

I'm sure every league has snagged him off the wire this week in the wake of AP, I picked him up as well in my league. Wondering if you guys think he is worth a FLEX play this week or if he even becomes anything? I had the room to spare to sit him on my bench and hope he becomes something.

Take a look at snap counts last week.

14 for Asiata

3 for McKinnon

This is Asiata's job until injury or week 14-17 (depending on playoff picture).

:thumbsup:

I'm considering the same and thinking of benching Reggie Bush. It's a full point PPR though which scares me, but generally hate Reggie's matchup

Take a look at snap counts last week.

14 for Asiata

3 for McKinnon

This is Asiata's job until injury or week 14-17 (depending on playoff picture).

When you consider how little McKinnon has played the RB position, this is the only logical conclusion. If McKinnon is clearly more explosive, (and I mean very obviously) he will still be capped in number of plays due to inexperience with every other facet of the RB position. That puts his high end at 10-12 carries and few catches. Norv loves to throw to the RB. If McKinnon struggles with that (seems likely given his inexperience) he simply has low upside this year. We've seen this play out time and time again in the NFL. Young stud sits while plodding vet plays because he blocks, catches the ball, knows when to roll out and has more trust-able vision. And then there's fumbles. NFL coaches can be maddeningly slow in switching from a guy they trust to a more explosive rookie.

NE is going to dominate this game and get out in front early. Im sure bellicheck had some choice words for the pats after last weeks let down. I bet they destroy MIN, leaving MIN with no chance to establish the run. I agree with the prediction a few posts above, about 30-40 yds for asiata. You all starting him over guys like spiller better hope he gets in the endzone.

I'm considering the same and thinking of benching Reggie Bush. It's a full point PPR though which scares me, but generally hate Reggie's matchup

I'd be more worried about Bell, the Panthers actually concede quite a few receptions to R.B.s and Bush isn't used in a traditional hand the ball off sense.

Not sure yet if I am starting Asiata, but I might bench Brandin Cooks to start Asiata. Still trying to decide.

I have the same situation. Cooks is hot but shouldn't Asiata have more TD chances? But also...will Cooks be a better PPR choice with the targets?

14-36yds vs NE, this guy's name will be all over the "Fock You" thread tomorrow... Good Luck.

I was incorrect. Great opening drive by Minny.

Actually, take away one play, this was spot on.

Actually, take away one play, this was spot on.

take away 1 play from lots of players and their weeks look worse, obviously if you cherry pick plays

in PPR even without the TD he still would have outscored Bush, Spiller, Gerhart, Ellington, and I am sure others

in PPR even without the TD he still would have outscored Bush, Spiller, Gerhart, Ellington, and I am sure others

Fail.

Without the TD play, he does NOT out score Spiller or Ellington.

But, yah... One play can make a difference. My point is, he is being way overrated on these boards, along with the other MIN RB that people are talking about that didn't even see the field today.

he did pretty well in a ppr. ended up with 19 points. I am trying to trade him right now.