Sign in to follow this  
JAK04

wr/wr finally paying off

I went with back to back wr with the 11th pic this year (dez, Jones). Made a huge blunder picking Toby with Julius Thomas still on the board in the 3rd fearing the next guy who go back back rbs, he picked Thomas and Bush after I took Toby, I then Took Ellington, and later J Bell, and have paul and Kielce at TE,

I was able to gt Crabtree as well, And am currently 2-1 and putting up nice number. Just wanted to see how everyone else is doing that wr/wr.

• Like 1

I don't think this really points to wr-wr "paying off".. you ended up with Toby and ellington. Ellington is passable in ppr but no stud.

I went murray/julio in one league and maclin in the 6th.

I've never been successful doing WR/WR. However I was not playing in PPR leagues, which could make a big difference.

I've always been a fan of RB/QB or QB/RB as inevitably it's a lot easier to find decent WR/TE potential off the waiver wire than it is to find a quality QB or RB.

• Like 1

I kept AJ Green and DT with my first two picks in a 12 team .5 PPR snake draft (essentially went WR/WR) and it was not panning out for me. I got lucky and started 1-2 by winning one week by 2 points. My RBs were L. Bell, Moreno, Tate, Rice and Ridley. I just traded DT, Ridley and Asiata for Forte. This will give me L. Bell, Forte at RB and Green, Benjamin/Harvin at WR (no FLEX).

Maybe it is just my league format but if one of your WRs aren't Calvin then the WR/WR strategy seems like just as much of a lottery as RB/RB.

I keep seeing the curse of Toby that killed so many teams this year. You guys get so hyped up on what COULD be that you just disregard known commodities. A slow white guy on a bad team with a bad oline? People really thought that would work out?

I went:

Peterson

Julio

Jordy

Matt Ryan

Rashad Jennings

I also have:

RBs Isaiah Crowell, Fred Jackson, Kniles Davis, Asiata, Andre Williams, Alfred Blue

WRs Michael Floyd, Kelvin Benjamin

TE Niles Paul

K Gramatica

Even though I'm first in my division and have the highest points in the league, RB play each week is dicey. I am having to keep only one QB on my roster as shoring up RBs and praying for some sort of long term success is my key to survival.

I keep seeing the curse of Toby that killed so many teams this year. You guys get so hyped up on what COULD be that you just disregard known commodities. A slow white guy on a bad team with a bad oline? People really thought that would work out?

a busted 3rd/4th rounded shouldn't kill teams that stay active in waivers and trading, esp if you managed to hit decently on your 1st/2nd rounders. I admit to being wrong on him but he was just my RB2/3 and was able to move him after week 2 before he had zero value.

a busted 3rd/4th rounded shouldn't kill teams that stay active in waivers and trading, esp if you managed to hit decently on your 1st/2nd rounders. I admit to being wrong on him but he was just my RB2/3 and was able to move him after week 2 before he had zero value.

no joke. when it was my turn in the 5th, Draft Buddy had Toby and Jennings side by side. I went with Jennings. I hope it lasts.

I think it's been three games . Nothing is paying of so far it's to early

what if you went

Demaryius, Martin, Ellington, Gerhart....

somehow I am 2-1

waivers and trades keeping me afloat

Yeah so far I think Jennings is one of the only RB's drafted around Gerhart or even not long after Gerhart that has actually been consistently good in this early part of the season. I passed on Jennings for Gerhart, ugh.

But in standard you also have:

Bush - 1 good game so far

Vereen - 1 decent game so far

Spiller - 2 decent games so far

Mathews - 1 decent game and hurt

Gore - 1 decent game so far

Rice - whoops

J. Bell - 1 decent game so far

Tate - hurt

Chris Johnson - 1 decent game so far

Sankey - the footworkzz

MJD - is he still alive?

TRich - losing starting gig to Bradshaw

That's a whole bunch of crap right there for the most part. And IMO Bradshaw and Ivory are really the only two later round guys who look pretty solid moving forward.

I think this was the year to do it. Anyone getting the Bernard/LBell combo is probably killing it right now.

I doubt there were many leagues where Bell went in the 4th round.

I think this was the year to do it. Anyone getting the Bernard/LBell combo is probably killing it right now.

what league did the Bernard/Bell combo allow them to be taken in the 3rd/4th?

Bernard went no lower than 16th in 3 leagues of mine, Bell no lower than 26th

the WR/WR combo from the 5th spot or so could net you Calvin, Julio(Brown), Bell, Jennings though and you would be set

it could also have given you Demaryius, Green, Martin and Gerhart and you would be screwed

meanwhile you could have gone Murray, Lynch, Julius, Luck, Sanders, Maclin and be killing it

the point is that it isnt how you drafted its how they perform and none of us ever know

Wouldnt say after 3 weeks anything has "worked"

I went WR/ WR and have a pretty solid team......im 0-3 with the 3rd most points...played the league high team for the week 2 of the 3 weeks.

Part of it is just pure luck.

I don't know. I did two zero running back drafts and ended up with

Team 1:

Ryan/Cutler

D. Thomas/Marshall

Gronk

jennings/Asiata/Gerhardt/CJ2K

Team 2:

Rodgers

A. Brown/D. Thomas/V JAX

Kelce

Asiata/J Bell/Gerhardt/McFadden/Rainey/Crowelll

Team one is pretty good.

Team two is a shitstorm with crappy running backs (what a difference Jennings makes lol)

In my two ten team leagues I went wr/wr/wr with Demaryius, Julio and Antonio Brown.

Lucked out and got Jennings in one and Gronk in the other.

Too many busts at RB last year had me try the zero RB strategy.

Did the same in my high stakes league but ended up with AJ, Jordy and Fitzgerald...not doing so hot in that league.

I went Demaryius/Dez to start my draft. My team is currently 1-2 and looking like ill be losing this week as well. It stings that Demaryius has 2 games so far with 9 or less points for me. My RBs are Montee Ball, Rashad Jennings.

Echo'd my thoughts exactly.

Not one copy of Toby across 7 leagues.

Echo'd my thoughts exactly.

Not one copy of Toby across 7 leagues.

I picked him up in all leagues where he was dropped. Even though he hasnt done anything yet, hes still the #1 RB on that team and could eventually start producing. Its worth a shot for a bench spot.

Rds 1-4:

QB, WR, RB, TE 2-1

RB, WR, TE, QB 3-0

Im in a league where my first 3 picks were Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, and Antonio Brown.. that team is 3-0. Im also in a league where I took Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, and Julius Thomas with my first 3 picks and that team is 1-2. Ultimately, it depends on who you played and if they had people go off that week.

Basically every team has a busted pick from the first 4 rounds at this point. I'm glad mine is gerhart and not my top 2 picks like many teams are facing.

Yes, I understand it's easy to prejudice a person based on their color, but not all white people are slow. In fact, Gerhart ran a 4.53 40 at the combine. Sure, not blazing, but at 231 pounds, very respectable. And no, I'm not the biggest fan as he's been a disappointment so far. But I put a lot of that on the Jag oline, as well as a Toby.

Got Dez and Julio too. Top wideouts tend to be more consistent and the position is less injury prone than running backs. If you're good, you went into the draft targeting Luck or Ryan at QB w/ this strategy.

Got Dez and Julio too. Top wideouts tend to be more consistent and the position is less injury prone than running backs. If you're good, you went into the draft targeting Luck or Ryan at QB w/ this strategy.

Julio isnt injury prone, great point!

though 3 weeks, the "big 5" (Shady, JC, Forte, AsshatP, Lacy) have a combined ONE touchdown (Shady).

that's 15 combined games, 60 qtrs. ... you get the idea.

of course there are mitigating circumstances here, but ... still a pretty staggering stat.

the top tier(s) of wrs have no such problem, outside of DT, whose video game numbers from last year had to be taken as unsustainable ... i think he was a TON over rated coming into the season.

at the back of the draft, this was my strategy (got Julio/Dez) ... but interesting to note the rbs available in that range (Murray/Beast/Gio) are tearing it up. Ball was also there dangling, but i knew i was gonna pass ALL rbs.

sure there will be injuries ... but those top tiered wrs just simply get it done on a more consistent basis. the flux in the top 20 wr by years end is always so much less volatile than rb

Julio isnt injury prone, great point!

My words that were typed by me is the WR position is less injury prone than RB. Which is a truthful fact.

Drafted Calvin and Dez from the 9th spot, and have probably the saddest RB corps in my ten years playing FF. It just doesn't matter. I'm 2-1 and the loss only came because I needed one point from the Panthers D last week and they gave me a -5 LOL

Harvin at flex hasn't even been great yet, and if it ends up being great, then I see no way it isn't a playoff team. Orange Julius in round four was scary at the time I did it, but no regrets now. Just stack up the lottery tickets at RB and hope to hit!

Drafted Calvin and Dez from the 9th spot, and have probably the saddest RB corps in my ten years playing FF. It just doesn't matter. I'm 2-1 and the loss only came because I needed one point from the Panthers D last week and they gave me a -5 LOL

Harvin at flex hasn't even been great yet, and if it ends up being great, then I see no way it isn't a playoff team. Orange Julius in round four was scary at the time I did it, but no regrets now. Just stack up the lottery tickets at RB and hope to hit!

I'm 2-1 w/ those 2 as my first picks as well! Love my "bad news bears" RB corps though w/ Jennings, Bradshaw, K. Davis, CJ?K, J. Hill, and the other Italian running back in the AFC north Lorenzo Taliaferro!

I went Graham Johnson at the turn and I'm 2 and 1. Would be 3 and 0 if it weren't for the major dump Joique and Staff put up last week. The strategy is working well so far this year as long as you're quick to scoop up the viable backups that are getting major playtime.