Sign in to follow this  
Koin

Who's the week 5 bust?

Week 2 everyone said start Jake Locker, so I did. 9 points.

Week 3 everyone said start Bobby Rainey, so I did. 3 points.

This week everyone said start Jordan Matthews, so I did. 2 points.

Who's next?

I would like to nominate The Donald Brown.

Seconded. I started him on 3 of my 4 teams. Looking at a good chance at 1-3.

Calvin is the bust of the week. I'm done with the adage "if he starts for his team, he's starting for my fantasy team." Done with it. I knew he was going to be less than 100% and still trotted him out there. Football is a game of inches, if a guy is half a step slow it's a drastic difference.

Week 2 everyone said start Jake Locker, so I did. 9 points.

Week 3 everyone said start Bobby Rainey, so I did. 3 points.

This week everyone said start Jordan Matthews, so I did. 2 points.

Who's next?

Let me know who you start so I can bench them.

Thanks.

I would like to nominate The Donald Brown.

Seconded. I started him on 3 of my 4 teams. Looking at a good chance at 1-3.

What were you guys expecting? He was never going to get 30+ carries again. 10-18 is more like it. He only got 10 this week so based on his ypc rate this year you lost out on about 16 yards? Remember Mathews wasn't accumulating much either before he got hurt and he's better. Brown's problem is he's a year too late. Last year, he would have had a much bigger role in the passing game, but this year there are waay too many healthy options. Maybe when they face tougher opponents he'll get more looks.

What were you guys expecting? He was never going to get 30+ carries again. 10-18 is more like it. He only got 10 this week so based on his ypc rate this year you lost out on about 16 yards? Remember Mathews wasn't accumulating much either before he got hurt and he's better. Brown's problem is he's a year too late. Last year, he would have had a much bigger role in the passing game, but this year there are waay too many healthy options. Maybe when they face tougher opponents he'll get more looks.

Well gee, I dunno, he was the consensus #7 RB this week so there were a whole lot of us idiots out there. While 30+ carries is unrealistic, nobody expected (1) a virtually even number of carries wrt Oliver (10 vs. 9), or (2) the Chargers to only run the ball 19 times vs. a terrible team. Plus, the Chargers had run a lot more in their previous games. All of the signs pointed to a fairly high volume game with TD opportunities. :dunno:

Well gee, I dunno, he was the consensus #7 RB this week so there were a whole lot of us idiots out there. While 30+ carries is unrealistic, nobody expected (1) a virtually even number of carries wrt Oliver (10 vs. 9), or (2) the Chargers to only run the ball 19 times vs. a terrible team. Plus, the Chargers had run a lot more in their previous games. All of the signs pointed to a fairly high volume game with TD opportunities. :dunno:

I dont know. If 40 carries @ 2 ypc wasn't a big enough neon sign saying someone else might get a shot then I dont know what else would be.

I dont know. If 40 carries @ 2 ypc wasn't a big enough neon sign saying someone else might get a shot then I dont know what else would be.

First 3 games were vs. the Cards, Seahawks, and Bills, all top 10 vs. the run. Of course you can argue that Brown's performance contributed to that, but those defenses all showed it in other games.

Why? Instead of just throwing a name out there .... why don't you educate us with your opinion?

:)

My bad GFIAFP. He's on a bye week, that's why. Don't start any Raiders either. HTH, Koin. :)

- the Falcons defense deserves mention for sh!tting the sheets this week :clap:

holy fockin' moly, the Bilgewater/Asiago Cheez/McKinnon/Wright show tap danced all over that foo' ass of a unit :banana:

ETA: week 5 bust will be Royale w/Cheese.

don't go chasin' that knob's points. he did this last year, as well :music_guitarred:

- the Falcons defense deserves mention for sh!tting the sheets this week :clap:

holy fockin' moly, the Bilgewater/Asiago Cheez/McKinnon/Wright show tap danced all over that foo' ass of a unit :banana:

ETA: week 5 bust will be Royale w/Cheese.

don't go chasin' that knob's points. he did this last year, as well :music_guitarred:

except Royal has had 14, 21 and now 27 pts in the last 3 games

hes getting the majority of Woodheads targets, and going against a shitty secondary.

and he has the top QB to date throwing to him

he prob wont go over 20 pts, but I would be willing to bet on at least a 5-60 type game as his floor

except Royal has had 14, 21 and now 27 pts in the last 3 games

hes getting the majority of Woodheads targets, and going against a shitty secondary.

and he has the top QB to date throwing to him

he prob wont go over 20 pts, but I would be willing to bet on at least a 5-60 type game as his floor

yesterday: 7 in ppr, 4 in std

this was an easy call ... we saw the same show last year with this foo' :bandana:

yesterday: 7 in ppr, 4 in std

this was an easy call ... we saw the same show last year with this foo' :bandana:

The harder call is picking his next big game. He's been hit and miss his entire career. Everytime you dig the hole and get ready to throw dirt on him, he busts out?!