Sign in to follow this  
rsmnutt

Adrian Peterson - Agrees To Plea Deal

I did not read all 4 pages of posts.

Here is what I think will happen, if AP is to play this year and for the Vikings

First off:

1. NFL is doing what I expected. For the league there is no reason to rush reinstatement.

Actually, they have learned from this season it is best to be slow and deliberate.

Only way they reinstate is if the Vikings want his return and have a plan for re-education in place.

Or if the Vikings decided to cut ties and a new team has a plan for re-education in place.

2. NFLPA will file a suit. As they serve the rank and file, they will need to do this if for no other reason than to not set precident. precident of not challenging the league. They will need this card sometime down the road when the league does eff it up. This isn't the case with AP. Maybe Rice, but not AP.

3. Suit, at most, it may bring it a different aribtrator to resolve this. However this is doubtful and highly remote as the CBA exists.

Unless the NFLPA wants to undo the CBA. This won't be a quick process. Likely wouldn't result in a verdict until well after the season at the earliest.

4. Most NFLPA lawsuits are filed in federal court in MPLS. Such a proceeding taking place the back yard of the Vikings. Actually just blocks from the stadium site may not serve AP returning to the team ever, much less this season.

For I believe AP return is dependent upon three things.

League hearing process taking place, Vikings (some team) wanting imediate reinstatement, and Conditional re-instatement tied to his taking part in a parental education and becoming involved as a voice against it.

With an imediate if he fails.

League will go slow for it, rightfully slow, is worried about lost of revenues.

AP has already lost Nike, among other sponsors. Vikings may have lost some earlier this season.

Best thing for all parties is to find a path which hedges against further sponsor loss.

These parties need to find a path which can thwart the initial negative reaction potential.

Until such path is found, re-instatement will not be granted.

The Vikings (or other team) will have to require AP, a condition as a step for returning to play in the NFL.

Condition involving parental education and involvement in causes centered on children, vocal opponent concerning parenting and domestic violence.

A partner will need to be found that is willing and wanting to take part in this effort.

One with a reputation as an advocate

Strong enough to combat the PR hits and make this into a PR win. Whatever that means.

Until that path is found, AP will not return this season or ever.

Simply put.

For AP, and for Rice. It won't be a simple re-instatement or resigning with a team.

They will have to demonstrate a behavioral improvement. Condition of employment.

Some sort of Education, Advocacy kind of thing. Tied in with a Service Organization with lots of credibility,.

topic / issue is too hot not to. Cost of loss of sponsors as hot as well.

This is all hysterical. Not the speculation, as many of us have an active interest concerning Peterson's return to the field. I get that.

So he disciplined his child with a small stick. Really?!

I was disciplined with a belt. My friend down the street? A kitchen spatula, that we still laugh about because his mom still has it, bent, broken handle and all. And you know what? We survived and actually turned into decent, respectful, well mannered members of society. God forbid.

Me: <_<

Mom: :nono:

Me: :rolleyes:

Mom: (belt makes an appearance)

Me: :shocking: :cry:

Problem solved.

Could you imagine if Peterson used a belt on his child???? The uproar from the sensitive???? Please.

All of a sudden, a spanking or staples of standard discipline gets parents arrested, interrogated and thrown in jail.

There is a difference, a huge difference seen by most logical human beings between abuse and discipline... and in my time, in my career, unfortunately I have seen both. There is NO mistake whatsoever. NONE.

Rice? Throw him to the wolves. Peterson? Enough's enough.

On one side, the league does to little.. Here I fear they're doing too much. Need to find the happy medium that is obvious to most level headed folks.

Carry on.

Speaking Monday, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed the Vikings would welcome Adrian Peterson back, but said the situation is in the hands of the NFL.

"We love the kid," Zimmer said of his superstar back. "He's done everything we've asked." Zimmer said the league has not provided a timetable on its decision to activate AD from the commissioner's exempt list. The Washington Post's Mark Maske calls it a "fluid situation that could change daily." It appears unlikely that Peterson is activated for Week 11, but it can't yet be ruled out.

i love fluid situations

yeah, americans are less tolerent today of spankings and would rather view most of them as abuse, not saying ap didn't cross the line, but i got the sh*t kicked out of me pretty regular when i was a kid (although not as young as ap's kid)...i think the kid's age has to play into this somewhere

AP did kinda cross a line with the lacerations to the balls. Not quite a belt or spatula to the butt...

I found some information online a while back that AP didn't know the switch was wrapping around and hitting his child's balls.

I found some information online a while back that AP didn't know the switch was wrapping around and hitting his child's balls.

i gave myself a six game suspension for just reading this

• Like 1

See; that's the whole focking problem with Unions (and yes, I'm in one). YOU CAN'T FLUSH THE TURDS.

How do people look at those pictures of that child and his injuries yet STILL support this guy?

He's not the only animal in society apparently.

• Like 2

goodell and his circle jerk buddies need to grow a pair and suspend this b*tch for a few games and get it over with

See; that's the whole focking problem with Unions (and yes, I'm in one). YOU CAN'T FLUSH THE TURDS.

How do people look at those pictures of that child and his injuries yet STILL support this guy?

In one, too, and I agree wholeheartedly. Only takes one to make us all look bad.

Question - let's say he's released from the exempt list, the Vikes and league activate him, and he goes on to play at the next MIN home game.

Will the crowd cheer him or boo him?

I think originally the Vikes were very worried about the reaction. Not sure about now.

Says the guy who stalks girls on dating websites.

I sent one email that was never read. idiot

Question - let's say he's released from the exempt list, the Vikes and league activate him, and he goes on to play at the next MIN home game.

Will the crowd cheer him or boo him?

I think originally the Vikes were very worried about the reaction. Not sure about now.

I would say it is 70 - 30 pro AP. there would only be slight boos and protesting. Then after the season is over, it would all be forgotten.

There was more people at the Redskins protest 2 weeks ago than would be at AP's first home game back.

I would say it is 70 - 30 pro AP. there would only be slight boos and protesting. Then after the season is over, it would all be forgotten.

There was more people at the Redskins protest 2 weeks ago than would be at AP's first home game back.

There are zero pro AP unless you are the minor minor fantasy owners/die hard vikings fan. At best you have majority netural, depend how you handle the situation, you don't want to turn neutral into hostile.

Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson's hearing on his expedited grievance will happen by Monday, Nov. 17. The grievance must be resolved within five days after the hearing, which means a decision must come by Saturday, Nov. 22.

Why did he shove leaves in the kids mouth?

Probably how he was punished as a kid. Part of the punishment and maybe to keep him from yelling.

• Like 1

Good timing still leaves 6 games to be punished

Yep this might be what the NFL is going for. If they do suspend him for the rest of the season the union could appeal that too as being without basis.

Grab Asiasta and ride his Vulturing arse all the way to the championship game.

I'm taking that as Adrian not being happy Ol' Roger reneging on his agreement.

And how did he do that? The agreement was AP was not to face punishment from the NFL until the legal matter was resolved and he hasn't been since he's been paid this whole time. Now that the case is resolved which AP plead guilty to (no contest), he CAN be punished by the NFL under their domestic violence policy.

Not sure why people can't understand the language regarding this agreement.

And how did he do that? The agreement was AP was not to face punishment from the NFL until the legal matter was resolved and he hasn't been since he's been paid this whole time. Now that the case is resolved which AP plead guilty to (no contest), he CAN be punished by the NFL under their domestic violence policy.

Not sure why people can't understand the language regarding this agreement.

The agreement was that AD would be removed from the exempt list once his legal situation was resolved. Goodell has refused to take him off, presumable because the NFL is still trying to get their s*** together and figure out what to do with him.