Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

++ Update: Hillman owners, let's talk - Foot Injury

WTF are we going to do with him going forward? I really thought my RB situation was set with him, even with Ball coming back. Now Hillman's hurt, CJ Anderson looked like prime Terrell Davis, Ball will be back next week, and that scrub Juwan whatever just won't go away.

Is this a full blown committee? Will Hillman keep his role, since he was pretty damn awesome the last 5 weeks? Will Ball and CJ split lead duties with Hillman being more of a 3rd down back?

This sucks.

The Raiders will make a lot of 2nd string running backs look pretty good. Hillman has had good games against 4 straight pretty good defenses before today. I don't think He loses his starting job after this game. He tweaked his foot, the game was in hand and I think they were just playing it safe. As long as he is healthy, he is the lead back IMO.

The Raiders will make a lot of 2nd string running backs look pretty good. Hillman has had good games against 4 straight pretty good defenses before today. I don't think He loses his starting job after this game. He tweaked his foot, the game was in hand and I think they were just playing it safe. As long as he is healthy, he is the lead back IMO.

+1

IDK.

I mean none of us paid much for hillman in the first place (probably waivers)

I am content to have enjoyed the run and now convert back to my other RBs (hello again tre mason)

The Denver running back situation is .

That is my take.

jdon

I'm kinda screwed if this continues; I need one of him, Hill, or Ivory. Actually played him and Hill this week; in that TD heavy non-PPR I got a total of 1 point combined. Thought Hillman would be the man but maybe not. :(

I started him over Ellington today. What can you do? :dunno:

I'll still have McMoy, Ellington and A. Morris, so no big deal for me. He sure served his purpose, though. :thumbsup:

He is firmly on my bench going forward until he shows to reestablish as the primary back. not playing the shell game picking up Denvers RB's, gonna look elsewhere

Won't trust him over Morris. Need to see how the carries shake out when Ball is back - but I do think he will get most of the carries.

bottom line is there will be value in this back field, be A1 like hillman has or even split. have to see how it shakes out

there is no reason why Den won't mix and match now. as long as the RBs can pass protect (which Hillman sucked with against NE), they will see snaps. You have to bench Hillman and wait and see. My advice would be to try to trade high right now if you are nervous. But don't trade low, cause you never know, he might regain enough of his role to be worth starting.

if you try to trade him, I would aim high and target guys like Gio, Vereen, or Robinson (you might have to offer a package deal to get these guys)....and might (not sure?) settle for guys like Ivory, Gore, R.Jennings.

Best advice is to wait and see the severity of his injury, and how the RBBC splits carries going forward.

The Denver Post reports Ronnie Hillman will miss "at least two weeks" with a mid-foot sprain in his right foot.

The Denver Post reports Ronnie Hillman will miss "at least two weeks" with a mid-foot sprain in his right foot.

thanks - tidbit is very helpful. now, didn't cj anderson get nicked up too? i wonder if ball will just get his job back?

ball, huge weight loss, everyone raving about his practice runs, he's back to #1

maybe the dolphis will cut moreno and he'll be back in time for ff playoffs

Focking great. Looks like I'll be rotating my studs McKinnon and Mason. Kill me

don't worry about mckinnon, ap will be back next week

• Like 1

Coach Fox called Hillman's sprain "day to day". It was an unnamed ESPN source that said "at least two weeks".

Regardless, Anderson has got to be the top waiver claim this week (assuming Ball is owned).

How do they go back to Ball after Anderson's performance? Yes, it was against the Raiders but Ball couldn't have done 1/2 of that production.

dude, he lost tons of weight, now he's the second coming of barry sanders

dude, he lost tons of weight, now he's the second coming of barry sanders

I thought Charlie Sims for T.B. was? Or was that McKinnon? Or maybe Sankey? Or maybe Hyde?

Drafted Ball, Hillman and Anderson. Dropped Hillman as Anderson seemed like the handcuff. Had to spend like 30% of my FAAB money to get him back. Dropped Anderson, now bidding to get him back again. 2 weeks from now I'm sure it will be Thompson.

:headwall:

• Like 1

I"ve owned all those scrubs this year Filth

Me too.

Next year man, I'm not listening to ANY of that horsesh!t about rookie RBs. They may look great but their coaches are the biggest obstacle to getting decent playing time.

dude, if mathews can pull his last year deal, you should be alright

I'm hoping....I snagged him in both leagues. Only fear is he pulls a Mr. Glass during the playoff games and torpedos my chances.

I thought Charlie Sims for T.B. was? Or was that McKinnon? Or maybe Sankey? Or maybe Hyde?

Sankey preseason rookie if the year fftoday crowned his ass

Rookie RBS? How about RBs in general? My problems began the moment I selected Peterson. A few rounds later I grabbed the PPR stud Shane Vereen. How bout the guys I didn't get?

McCoy: sucked all year

Charles: not much

Forte: very good

Lacy: not much

Gio: not much

Stacy: lol

Ball: hurt (and sucked)

Bell and Murray have been awesome

Nope, next year for me will be RB-free. I'll snag a couple scrubs, backups, rookies, etc in the late rounds

Focking great. Looks like I'll be rotating my studs McKinnon and Mason. Kill me

Lol. I'm like you although at least I have Ingram as my RB1.