Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

THE BOOM!

NFL.com has him projected for 8 rushing yards and 3 receiving yards.

Who does these things?

The guys who run Fanduel and Draftkings. They want you to pass on the value picks.

I am lowering the boom this weekend over shoelace. I just think sheer numbers will get him the 15 plus I need from a second running back

Nice call here from FFT .... in August:

Running Backs

Dan Herron (IND): The league is experiencing a paradigm shift at the running back position – think fewer carries spread out over more bodies – but you wouldn’t know it by listening to most fantasy pundits. In mock draft after mock draft, scarcity gets mistaken for value as the ground gainers continue to be snapped up early and often, leaving those who blink with speculative scraps and bargain backups. Is that such a bad thing, though? Of the 20 running backs who topped the ADP charts last summer, only 12 ended up closing the season as top-20 point producers. Meanwhile, the eight backs who rounded out the top 20 in total points last season averaged an ADP of about 38 (read: barely draftable in a 10-team league) and that’s not factoring in Zac Stacy (because he didn’t have an ADP last August).

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that running backs, on the whole, are about as flaky a fantasy position group as you’re going to find; thus, treating them as its most valuable seems like pretty risky business. I’m not the first to challenge this orthodoxy and I encourage anyone harboring think-outside-the-backfield thoughts to read this piece, wherein our own Jason Mitchell puts it all on the line by purposefully ignoring running backs in the early rounds. It’ll be fun to see how he does, but here’s my guess: quite well provided he’s ”Jason”-on-the-spot come free agent pickup time.

Anyhoo, I’m probably supposed to say something about Herron here, huh? Problem is, I know very little, other than the fact he was largely overshadowed at Ohio St. by Terrelle Pryor and then, cruelly, caught up in the same jersey-selling scandal that cost both players five games in the 2011 season. Oh, and there’s also the fact he’s backing up one of 2013’s biggest failures, Trent Richardson, and one of its most fragile, Ahmad Bradshaw. No promises, of course, but I think we’ll be hearing more from Mr. Herron this season.

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/hutchins/14_backup_plan.html

• Like 1

Nice call here from FFT .... in August:

:thumbsup:

I've got Boom riding the pine this week due to better options but he's on standby for when Ellington's schedule gets brutal coming up.

We better hope he has sure hands this week. If he loses the rock again, we are gonna end up with the ole' golden goose egg in the box score.

hes my RB1!!!!!

Boom is your RB1. Mind me asking, are you in last place? :)

• Like 1

Anyone starting him this week? Who are you giving him the nod over?

I'm seriously debating him over FJax but probably will opt for the safer bet in Old Man Fred. I think that is about the highest you wanna go in terms of an RB you would bench for Boom. But I still love me some Boom. Great late season waiver wire pickup

I started him over Gore twice in a row. It's going to pay off again. He's my #2 to Joique Bell, who did quite well on Thursday. Somehow, I'm 6-6 and tied for first place in my division. Odd year in that league; only one team @ 8-4, and everyone else @ 6-6 or worse:

Peyton

Joique

Boom

Gore

TWest

Sankey

Randle

Beckham

Roddy

Stills

John Brown

Graham

Kelce

Boom is your RB1. Mind me asking, are you in last place? :)

nope 1st place actually with 1st round bye.

its a WR heavy league, I start Demaryius, AJ Green, Beckham and Gordon, QB is Luck

Ive rode the likes of Miller, Hillman, Boom, Mckinnon, Oliver, Denard thru the year

right now my starters are Boom and Denard this week

Anyone starting him this week? Who are you giving him the nod over?

I'm starting him in my flex spot over Vereen & VJax (14 team, PPR)...

"Here I sit so broken hearted, started Boom and he promptly sharted"

:lol: Save that gold for the FU thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Like 1

:lol: Save that gold for the FU thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:lol:

"Sit right down where ever you please and put your elbows on your knees. Give yourself a little squeeze and out comes something that looks like Brees"

:lol:

"Sit right down where ever you please and put your elbows on your knees. Give yourself a little squeeze and out comes something that looks like Brees"

I smell a new weekly thread :banana: :banana:

• Like 1

This week he makes up for it. 12 carries, 450 yards and 6 TDs. That's his numbers expanded right?

Oh, sorry, that's Latavius Murray's numbers, and he's not even playing this week.

Expect last week, but a little more.

Man, I needed that. Cementing himself as the big play RB they need.

Now hang on to that ball, Boom!

Man... I wish this kid broke out earlier. I have such a hard time starting a new running back this close to the fantasy playoffs. I also still think INDY is going to stubborn with TRich.

Now hang on to that ball, Boom!

Did he not hear me?

He may be done.

Did he not hear me?

He may be done.

Yeah, a shame. Was hoping I finally found an RB for the playoffs. Next man up, Latavius!

Boom goes 8-88 while Richardson goes 8-12.

If they hadn't given up a 1st for Richardson, they would have cut him long ago. Mind boggling that he gets a pretty equal 50/50 timeshare each week. Looks like he is running up a really steep hill.

Yeah, too bad he fumbled. Guy could put up top 10 numbers in that offense with 18-20 carries a week.

Boom goes 8-88 while Richardson goes 8-12.

If they hadn't given up a 1st for Richardson, they would have cut him long ago. Mind boggling that he gets a pretty equal 50/50 timeshare each week. Looks like he is running up a really steep hill.

Yeah, too bad he fumbled. Guy could put up top 10 numbers in that offense with 18-20 carries a week.

Richardson wouldnt even had 8 touches if Boom didnt fumble

Fumbling is something they can correct with good coaching, and a player who will listen. AKA Frank Gore early on.

Herron did come back into the game after the fumble, which was right around the 1:00 minute mark of the 2nd quarter. After that you had:

1 carry by TR, long bomb TD

[2 straight drives by WAS eats up the clock, because of defensive TD by Ind]

No carries by anyone, long bomb TD

1 carry by TR

1 carry, 1 catch by Herron, long bomb TD

2 carries by Herron (1 negated by penalty), 1 by TR

Basically you had a weird 2nd half with lots of big plays and Indy throwing the ball a ton, right up until the final drive. Indy only had 49 plays on the day.

I'm debating him over Julio Jones. Seriously.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Fumbling is something they can correct with good coaching, and a player who will listen. AKA Frank Gore Tiki Barber early on.

:thumbsup:

I forget who scoffed and said that Herron couldn't approach Bradshaw's numbers. I'd like to hear from that poster.

Actually I think Bradshaw may not have likely been able to make that TD run. I would have liked to have seen Herron get more receptions though. Of course he fumbled after the second one, probably didn't help.

I forget who scoffed and said that Herron couldn't approach Bradshaw's numbers. I'd like to hear from that poster.

Yep...I doubted he'd approach the top 10 numbers Bradshaw was putting up. He's barely inside the top 20 after 2 weeks.

I picked up Boom. He's a nice asset to have going forward....especially given his schedule. But I'd rather have a healthy Bradshaw on my team.

Yep...I doubted he'd approach the top 10 numbers Bradshaw was putting up. He's barely inside the top 20 after 2 weeks.

I picked up Boom. He's a nice asset to have going forward....especially given his schedule. But I'd rather have a healthy Bradshaw on my team.

Well if anything it's not because of lack of production, it's from lack of usage.

Well if anything it's not because of lack of production, it's from lack of usage.

For whatever reason the Colts are intent on a committee approach. They did it last year with Brown and they're continuing to do it this year. Committees suck....especially ones involving TRich.

Plus, if Boom wants more work....maybe squeeze the ball a little tighter. Gonna be hard to get more touches if they result in a turnover.