Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahaws: In-Game Discussion

Russel Wilson is now on my ###### list. Crying and talking aboutGod. Please.

That stuff usually annoys me but I'm okay with it today :)

According to 4thDownBot, teams get in the end zone 55% of the time on 4th-and-1 at the 1 yard line.

So ignoring the (3rd) 4th-and-1 at the 22 yd line.... if they only score 1 out of 2 TDs at the 1 yard line... Seattle can't tie on the 2 pt conversion at the end.

Doug Marrone says hi.

The Packers played one hell of a game and it is in many ways too bad that the Seahawks success comes at the expense of a class organization and classy fans. To all the other fans rooting against the Hawks: SUCK IT!!

Worst loss in my history as a packers fan. I lay this squarely at the feet of scared to win Capers and McCarthy.

It's tied with 4th and 26 for me. But yea so many things had to happen. Long conversion, dead play turned miracle 2pnt, low odds onside kick. Just a whirlwind of magical overcoming of long odds. Sounds crazy but it's my fault. I texted my buddies a celebratory pic of me draped in packer gear before the first score. I'm a notorious bad luck charm and truly believe I possess magic powers. I can't abuse them cuz it has to be genuine, or else the gods will know. But yea it's my bad.
  • Like 1

The Packers played one hell of a game and it is in many ways too bad that the Seahawks success comes at the expense of a class organization and classy fans. To all the other fans rooting against the Hawks: SUCK IT!!

Well said.

relax

You're not old enogh to tell anyone to relax - have some juice and a nap.

Giving up that TD on the fake FG, at that particular point and in that circumstance, was downright criminal.

As a coach you've got to be screaming fake to your team. With Carroll's history, and the fact 3 pts at that point is next to worthless, oh yeah. I was surprised Seattle sent the FG team out.

This was worse than 4th and 26.... that was simply one choke.... Packers had multiple chokes

I attribute chokes to players, and in that respect, I suppose you could blame Bostick, because that ball went right through his hands. But in reality, the choke was truly on the heads of the coaches, who went completely in their shells, afraid to do those things that made Green Bay absolutely dominant in that game, through 3 1/2 quarters. Worst loss ever, and mostly not the fault of the players IMO.

From every football fan in America outside of Seattle: FU Green Bay. It was right there with even the least of effort. Sherman with 1 arm and you never threw at him.

Agreed. Totally pathetic. I want Capers' coiffed head on this one. That was completely unacceptable.

I attribute chokes to players, and in that respect, I suppose you could blame Bostick, because that ball went right through his hands. But in reality, the choke was truly on the heads of the coaches, who went completely in their shells, afraid to do those things that made Green Bay absolutely dominant in that game, through 3 1/2 quarters. Worst loss ever, and mostly not the fault of the players IMO.

Horribly reminded of Green Bay at Candlestick, there at the end. I was so certain that we'd never hear Dom Capers' name again, after that devastation...

Here is what Green Bay needs to do.

Keep McCarthy and Capers as O and D coordinators - but then put the outcome of the game in Rodgers and Matthews' hands, on both O and D - in the final 10 minutes.

'

Both of those clowns are so invested, that they spite their noses to bruise their faces. I want both of their heads.

At the very least, Bostick comes out of this game with a great nickname - Doink... Lost in that play is the incredible job Hauschka did in the kick - what a perfectly executed kick.

Rodgers seemed pretty pissed and was biting his tongue about the conservative approach they took in critical times. The coaches played not to lose instead of taking the bull by the horns. Rodgers also did t seem to give much credit to the Hawks - said the better team didn't win. Not sure I agree - GB's lists of gaffs in this game runs several pages deep.

At the very least, Bostick comes out of this game with a great nickname - Doink... Lost in that play is the incredible job Hauschka did in the kick - what a perfectly executed kick.

Rodgers seemed pretty pissed and was biting his tongue about the conservative approach they took in critical times. The coaches played not to lose instead of taking the bull by the horns. Rodgers also did t seem to give much credit to the Hawks - said the better team didn't win. Not sure I agree - GB's lists of gaffs in this game runs several pages deep.

Dude.

Wilson had 14 yards in the first half.

14 yards.

POS coaches lost this game.

:wall:

They were running Lacy and Starks with some success, until the wheels came off. I was actually ok with the game plan of working the clock. The problem was the 3 for 14 conversion rate on 3rd down. The key to running the ball is converting 3rd downs. This is actually what made Dallas such a good running team this year.

Someone mentioned earlier the bonehead move Morgan Burnett made on Wilson's 4th INT, when he slid to the ground at midfield with 5 minutes left in the game. If he moves that ball down the field, who knows what outcome the change in field position would have presented?

My hat is off to Pete Carroll, who called some downright gutsy calls, to include several third and long runs with Lynch. The way they ran the ball late in the game, trailing and with time running out, reminded me of the old 49er offense of the Bill Walsh days.

That was a champion hanging in there, dragging themselves up off the mat, and prevailing. I've got nothing for Green Bay. Going to be a long cold winter up there.

That wasn't a perfect kick. It bounced once right into the receiver's hands. A perfect kick bounces a second time.

Russel Wilson is now on my ###### list. Crying and talking aboutGod. Please.

Yes.....how dare he show some emotion following what was the greatest comeback and improbable win in NFL post-season history, and express his faith and appreciation to God......in whom we trust, right?

So many things had to converge in order to lose. And it did. Ugh. Suckass coaching failure.

Not really that many things. Packers can't stop playing with 5 minutes left and expect to win.

Not really that many things. Packers can't stop playing with 5 minutes left and expect to win.

Really?

Convert a fake FG...check.

INT off of HaHa's hands...check.

2 point conversion thrown up for grabs and Seattle converts...check.

Quarless dropping a 3rd down that kills at least another minute off the clock...check.

Bostick not blocking like he is told and missing the onsides kick...check.

If one of those things doesn't happen that way...its likely GB wins.

Add in Burnett going to the ground early on the INT when he had more room to change the field position even more.

I don't think they gave up playing, they went into a 4 minute offense and this week it didn't work.

Yes.....how dare he show some emotion following what was the greatest comeback and improbable win in NFL post-season history, and express his faith and appreciation to God......in whom we trust, right?

"We" do?

jerryskids, on 18 Jan 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

That wasn't a perfect kick. It bounced once right into the receiver's hands. A perfect kick bounces a second time.

I disagree. The ultimate goal of an onside kick is to get the ball in the air and your guys time to get there - both were accomplished. Doink did botch it - but he did so bcoz he was about to get drilled and he took his eye off the ball.

IMMensaMind, on 18 Jan 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:

Dude.

Wilson had 14 yards in the first half.

14 yards.

POS coaches lost this game.

:wall:

The coaches certainly had a hand in it - but the players ultimately focked it up. The Hawks gave them gift after gift after gift after gift in the 1st half - and all GB could muster was 16 stinking points? Pitiful.... The ridiculous rainbow 2 pt. Hail Mary conversion - what did the coaches have to do with that? Doink totally botching the onside kick - what did the coaches have to do with that?

"We" do?

I assume that you are an American? If so then, yes, in God we trust.

Each individual citizen has the freedom and right to chart his own course in these matters without fear of reprisal or discrimination. One can believe, not believe, or believe something different. It's a big part of what makes America wonderful.

However, as a whole, since our inception as a nation, we have chosen to put our hope and trust in the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible. We are one nation under God because our foundational and unalienable rights that we treasure so much, including the idea that all men are created equal, were endowed upon us, not by our government, but by our Creator. These truths are considered to be self-evident....even when politically incorrect.

OMG - Romo has nothing on this choke job! :lol:

This game was God's judgement against the Pack for that bribe they paid the refs for against Dez. :overhead:

alsonotreally

The coaches certainly had a hand in it - but the players ultimately focked it up.

'A hand'? No; it was much MUCH more than that. They guided this fock up. It is the coaches job to put players in the correct position, with the correct mindset. Do you think that happened in this game, all game? Coaches succeeded in creating a masterful game plan that completely stifled Seattle for the majority of that game, until the point where it felt to everyone watching - and everyone in that stadium, AND MOST CRITICALLY, TO THE COACHES THEMSELVES - that Green Bay was dominating that game, and were going to win.

Then...the coaches failed. Failed badly, and as most hardened Packers fans are familiar, Mike McCarthy went utterly predictably conservative, and Dom Capers went utterly - stupidly - 'prevent', and Heath Slocum went predictably undisciplined. Lining up to run Lacy straight up the middle against a D which will stop that every single time when they know it's coming? When everyone watching knew it was coming? Not allowing Rodgers free reign to improvise out of it (and despite what many say, Rodgers doesn't have full control of the line of scrimmage; there is the matter of retaining harmony with the head coach in all of this, which is why everyone got the sense that Rodgers held back in the post-game interviews).

But the worst - the worst - coaching letdowns were, in this order:

1) Capers rushing only 3 on 3rd and 19, while playing a soft zone. How stupid. Wilson had 10 seconds to find an opening in that zone. You play MAN ON MAN there if you're going to rush 3; there isn't anyone on that SEA offense which should have scared GB in that scenario. More importantly, you bring PRESSURE.

2) Not preparing Packers defenders for a trick play on the field goal. SO easy to do; OBVIOUSLY botched by Heath Slocum/Dom Capers.

3) McCarthy playing differently on offense with the lead than he did when they were still building momentum/gashing SEA. He allowed Green Bay to become stupidly, clearly predictably boring.

4) Slocum's inability to instill discipline in Bostick to do his job on that onside kick. Jordy was directly behind Bosuck. All he had to do is drill the SEA player going for the ball, and the game is over despite all the other crap.

5) All 3 coaches, for not gathering their players with 6 minutes left in this game and refocusing their purpose. These guys were so jubilant that they were about to go to the Super Bowl that they started acting like they were already there. Inexcusable coaching letdown - and a lack of discipline is ALWAYS about coaching.

6) McCarthy's excessive conservative ball-less nature, in calling for the field goal with 4th and my peemus to go. That was horrid.

The Hawks gave them gift after gift after gift after gift in the 1st half

Uh huh. :rolleyes: Looks like you were viewing the game through Cowboys colored glasses. Green Bay was playing a MASTERFUL 1st half, and gifts had little to do with it. GREAT DEFENSE is what caused those 'gifts'.

...and all GB could muster was 16 stinking points? Pitiful....

What wouldn't have been pitiful? Seattle is no cupcake. They should have scored 20; the rest isn't anything but football.

The ridiculous rainbow 2 pt. Hail Mary conversion - what did the coaches have to do with that?

Coaches don't have to have a direct hand in every single ridiculous farce in order to be blamed for the loss, Cruzer. :rolleyes:

Doink totally botching the onside kick - what did the coaches have to do with that?

You don't think a disciplined special teams coach DEMANDS that his blocking players BLOCK? :mad:

I disagree. The ultimate goal of an onside kick is to get the ball in the air and your guys time to get there - both were accomplished. Doink did botch it - but he did so bcoz he was about to get drilled and he took his eye off the ball.

I have to reiterate, as I'm not near over this travesty. 'Doink' (who I'll call "Fries With That", because that's what that lame POS will shortly be saying in his new career) didn't botch it because he was about to be drilled. He botched it because he should never have gone for that ball in the first place. He admitted after the game that his job was to block for Jordy, who would nearly certainly have secured it, because he was right behind him.

The Green Bay coaches have failed to instill a critical tenet in their team. It is NOT "me first". Bostick was playing for himself first; not the team. Had he done so, he wouldn't have thought about trying for that ball for one second.

Had the coaches instilled in their players the team first mentality, that entire team wouldn't have coasted in the last 5 minutes. This is on coaches before it is on anyone else.

COACHES.

COACHES.

The fact you fail to lay the blame of this choke job at the feet of the players is laughable. Yes the coaches certainly mismanaged some things and yes they certainly showed no balls whatsoever when they should have. But Seattle gifted the vaunted Packer offense and their all world qb chance after chance after chance after chance, on Seattle's side of the field, and the most the players could must was 16 points.... Did McCarthy throw the pick to Sherman in the end zone? Did McCarthy miss a wide open Nelson in the corner of the end zone? Did Capers let a rainbow Hail Mary fall out of the sky and into a Hawk's arms?

The players on the field were given golden ticket after golden ticket and failed to cash any of them in. The players had every opportunity to make this a 30-0 score at halftime - and didn't get it done. They weren't good enough - period.

Conservative?

2nd half drives for GB.

1st drive 2 ok runs and an incomplete pass on 3rd down.

2nd drive

Pass to Jordy for 12, pass to Cobb for 2, incomplete, sacked (conservative there?)

Next drive is in the 4th Q

Run for 5, for 7, for 32, for 5, for 3...conservative but moving the ball well and taking clock.

Pass for 7 to get a 1st down.

Run for 3...then 2 incomplete passes and settled for a FG to go up by 12.

Thats it...then you have the last drive after the INT...2 ok runs setting up 3rd and 4...make them take TOs and run the 4 minute offense.

Incomplete pass to Quarless that if he holds on is a 1st down and bleeds much more clock.

None of that seems all that ultra conservative.

Here's a fun fact: Eli Manning, 8-3 in the playoffs, 7 of them on the road, 2 Super Bowl rings

Aaron Rodgers, 6-5, one Super Bowl ring.

Just sayin