Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

Wells report reads from what I saw on NFL . Com that it is more probable than not that Brady knew . Is that a 51/49 probable ?

Roger Goodell is presiding over Tom Brady's appeal per his ability to do so in the CBA

The NFLPA got reamed in 2011. Brady's FOCKED.

Hellllooooooooooooo Jimmy Garoppolo

Wells report reads from what I saw on NFL . Com that it is more probable than not that Brady knew . Is that a 51/49 probable ?

No, it's that any reasonable person would conclude that Brady knew that the attendants deflated the balls. And any reasonable person would conclude that with Brady complaining to them about the pressure meant that he was directing them to deflate them.

But..................rest assured you and the Patriot fans aren't capable of being reasonable.

• Like 1

Roger Goodell is presiding over Tom Brady's appeal per his ability to do so in the CBA

The NFLPA got reamed in 2011. Brady's FOCKED.

Hellllooooooooooooo Jimmy Garoppolo

Why the hell is Goodell going to preside over it? He want to make sure the ban isn't lifted? Cause that what it sounds like. Isn't the appeal supposed to be heard by a neutral party?

Yea sounds like the house is going to be stacked against Brady . So watching Jimmy G start week one and watching them destroy the Steelers like they do most of the time when they play each other is going to be must see tv .

Yea sounds like the house is going to be stacked against Brady . So watching Jimmy G start week one and watching them destroy the Steelers like they do most of the time when they play each other is going to be must see tv .

Jimmy G isn't a bad Qb. I think BB will have a good game plan to utilize Jimmy (sorry don't feel like spelling his name) and will probably focus on a power running game those 4 games

i just find this whole thing really really sad for the game of football . everyone was making a joke out it on the news and everywhere else they where talking about this . We are talking about air in a football . Sad . Can't wait for this to be over .

Why the hell is Goodell going to preside over it? He want to make sure the ban isn't lifted? Cause that what it sounds like. Isn't the appeal supposed to be heard by a neutral party?

See no further than the BountyGate. He presided over that too.

Sorry...the players all voted for this too. There's no chance Goodell caves on the discipline on this.

How crazy is it that in less than a years time from the Ray Rice incident, Roger Goodell is technically the good guy in the public eye...

Jimmy G isn't a bad Qb. I think BB will have a good game plan to utilize Jimmy (sorry don't feel like spelling his name) and will probably focus on a power running game those 4 games

Everything you said it's all true . Just seems like the Pats have the Steelers number and I would not be at all surprised if they beat them again .

No Le'Veon. No Brady. No Palumalu. Who else is already missing and/or will be missing?

NBC is down one game...

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will personally preside over Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.

Reporter Mike Freeman calls the development "huge and unexpected." The NFLPA had been seeking a neutral arbitrator. With Goodell personally taking responsibility for the case, he's putting the result squarely on his own shoulders. We'd interpret it as the commissioner looking for an out after a week of brutal publicity. It wouldn't be shocking if Brady's four-game ban was slashed to 1-2 games. Although it's become clear there were willful rule violations by the Pats, this is a molehill that's become a mountain. Ball pressure simply isn't that big of an advantage, and appears to be a rule that is skirted league wide, not just in New England.

that's been my contention about all of this from the start: it's a minor rule (that other teams have violated in the past) and now the nfl has made it into something huge, due to their idiotic arbitrary discipline system

How stupids are the Patriots. Or how stupid do they think the rest of us are?

1. Brady. Unless in one of your text messages you had stated. I want my balls below regulation. All he had to say about this is. Yes I did ask the balls to be low pressured, but I am sorry if the deflators mistook my request to mean I wanted them to underinflate the balls.

Yes that would have been a douche throw these guys under the bus moment. But then, all of this has been quite douche.

2. Brady. Admit that his desire for softer balls was more about keeping his job than compettive edge.

3. Team response to the nickname "Deflator". Stating it was about weight loss. Really? Really? Really?

The greatest thing about all of these events of late, is it demonstrates that the League isn't some machine that hits it out of the park every time. Past year, there are countless examples, from league, players, teams, coaches of true examples how not to (fill in blank here).

Truly, had they had this all figured out. They would have a commission that dealt with these kind of issue. In effect a league court. One to hear it initially. Another process to hear appeals. Leaving Goddell in position to grant pardons, amnesty in the end.

You know, like Kraft has with BB and Brady. They get all the dirt on them, and you roll in the dough and adulation of your admiring public.

• Like 1

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will personally preside over Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.

Reporter Mike Freeman calls the development "huge and unexpected." The NFLPA had been seeking a neutral arbitrator. With Goodell personally taking responsibility for the case, he's putting the result squarely on his own shoulders. We'd interpret it as the commissioner looking for an out after a week of brutal publicity. It wouldn't be shocking if Brady's four-game ban was slashed to 1-2 games. Although it's become clear there were willful rule violations by the Pats, this is a molehill that's become a mountain. Ball pressure simply isn't that big of an advantage, and appears to be a rule that is skirted league wide, not just in New England.

that's been my contention about all of this from the start: it's a minor rule (that other teams have violated in the past) and now the nfl has made it into something huge, due to their idiotic arbitrary discipline system

Let's be clear. Brady and the Pats made this into the mess that it is. They could have easily gotten out of this long before it reached this place.

I actually think Goodell presiding might help the Pats. Assuming the relationship between Goodell and Kraft isn't totally kaput. Goodell gets to play the part of the "good guy" by lessening Brady's suspension.

Let's be clear. Brady and the Pats made this into the mess that it is. They could have easily gotten out of this long before it reached this place.

I actually think Goodell presiding might help the Pats. Assuming the relationship between Goodell and Kraft isn't totally kaput. Goodell gets to play the part of the "good guy" by lessening Brady's suspension.

let me be clear for the hundredth time, the NFL found deflated footballs, hand out a fine and be done with it

i just find this whole thing really really sad for the game of football . everyone was making a joke out it on the news and everywhere else they where talking about this . We are talking about air in a football . Sad . Can't wait for this to be over .

Its "sad" but the NFL just seems to do it to itself over and over. They've been focking with the game in negative ways for a while now and quite frankly the sport has lost a lot of what made it great when compared to the glory years of the 80's and 90's. Even that aside.... nothng sad here at all. Bunch of bilionaires and millionaires who wouldnt know a "real" problem if it bit them.

The amount of vitriol that was thrown about, and the amount of rebuttal that was parsed, by many Pats fans on this bored - and to now have little to nothing in response to the Wells report. That just tells me what's up.

If my Bears would have cheated like that I'd feel betrayed. And angry. But I wouldn't come here defending them that's for sure.

Then you're not much of a fan. Literally every team does stuff like this all the time. It's called "gamesmanship" and it is what it is.

Its "sad" but the NFL just seems to do it to itself over and over. They've been focking with the game in negative ways for a while now and quite frankly the sport has lost a lot of what made it great when compared to the glory years of the 80's and 90's. Even that aside.... nothng sad here at all. Bunch of bilionaires and millionaires who wouldnt know a "real" problem if it bit them.

Good post

let me be clear for the hundredth time, the NFL found deflated footballs, hand out a fine and be done with it

But Brady didn't cooperate with the league's investigation and therefore his ultimate employer, the NFL (the Pats pay him but the NFL rules all) got p!ssed. THAT'S why he got the 4 games. He might have only got fined if he didn't try and stone wall it.

As with any other business, you gotta play by your boss' rules or face the consequences. The Patriots blocked a 2nd interview of those two attendants and they got punished as well.

For the millionth time, if it gave the QB a better grip then ALL offensive players had a better grip and therefore the Pats had an unfair advantage.

But Brady didn't cooperate with the league's investigation and therefore his ultimate employer, the NFL (the Pats pay him but the NFL rules all) got p!ssed. THAT'S why he got the 4 games. He might have only got fined if he didn't try and stone wall it.

As with any other business, you gotta play by your boss' rules or face the consequences. The Patriots blocked a 2nd interview of those two attendants and they got punished as well.

For the millionth time, if it gave the QB a better grip then ALL offensive players had a better grip and therefore the Pats had an unfair advantage.

my point is that it's such a minor infraction that there was no need for an investigation

slap a fine on them and let them know that if it happens again then sh*t will hit the fan

my point is that it's such a minor infraction that there was no need for an investigation

slap a fine on them and let them know that if it happens again then sh*t will hit the fan

Minor infraction is a guy dealing a low block or illegal hit. Deflating the ball gives the offending team's ENTIRE offense an unfair advantage.

Brady lied about it, tried to stonewall the investigation and got his pee pee smacked. He needs to man up and take his lumps. This just further illustrates just how much of a poosay the guy is.

And fining a billion dollar organization does what? How many chances do you need to give the Patriots before you have to hit them hard enough to get it through their heads to quit focking cheating?!!!!

• Like 1

Great post , I agree .

Minor infraction is a guy dealing a low block or illegal hit. Deflating the ball gives the offending team's ENTIRE offense an unfair advantage.

Brady lied about it, tried to stonewall the investigation and got his pee pee smacked. He needs to man up and take his lumps. This just further illustrates just how much of a poosay the guy is.

And fining a billion dollar organization does what? How many chances do you need to give the Patriots before you have to hit them hard enough to get it through their heads to quit focking cheating?!!!!

some of these infractions bring up a bigger issue, the stupid arbitrary way that the nfl hands out discipline

they need to have a system in place for minor rules and major rules when handing out discipline and then have a structured sliding scale for repeat offenders of both major and minor rules

deflating a football 2psi is like breaking the dress code, both are minor infractions and should be treated as such, but not in the national imbecile league

It's not a minor infraction. As previous posters have stated, since Brady and Peyton lobbied the NFL for each team to use it's own "doctored" game balls, their rate of fumbles dropped dramatically, to a statistical improbability. They have been "gamesmanshipping" for years, whether through illegally taping other teams' play calls or by adjusting the psi in their game balls.

They are cheaters. No two ways around it. All of their playoff wins in the Bellicheat years come with big, fat ASTERISKS.

It's not a minor infraction. As previous posters have stated, since Brady and Peyton lobbied the NFL for each team to use it's own "doctored" game balls, their rate of fumbles dropped dramatically, to a statistical improbability. They have been "gamesmanshipping" for years, whether through illegally taping other teams' play calls or by adjusting the psi in their game balls.

They are cheaters. No two ways around it. All of their playoff wins in the Bellicheat years come with big, fat ASTERISKS.

i'm not in that hate on the pats club and will never be

i enjoy their brand of play and that they push the envelope to be successful even when they cross the line

i have a bigger problem with the nfl and how it arbitrarily doles out disciple with no precedent or structure

2 psi is a minor infraction and the nfl should change that rule as well to a sliding scale 11-14psi giving the qb's more wiggle room

Flyfreak, why do you keep saying it's just about 2 psi on the footballs? So you don't think a team using a more deflated ball helps them stop fumbling or are you just putting your fingers in your ears saying 'la la la, I'm not listening!!!"?

This is NOT just about Brady; the whole Patriot Offense benefits from a deflated ball.

Flyfreak, why do you keep saying it's just about 2 psi on the footballs? So you don't think a team using a more deflated ball helps them stop fumbling or are you just putting your fingers in your ears saying 'la la la, I'm not listening!!!"?

filthy, you know i love you, but i just don't think this one's a big deal and the nfl focked it up like they do everything else

• Like 1

filthy, you know i love you, but i just don't think this one's a big deal and the nfl focked it up like they do everything else

Roger that.

Take it easy Fly.....

The amount of vitriol that was thrown about, and the amount of rebuttal that was parsed, by many Pats fans on this bored - and to now have little to nothing in response to the Wells report. That just tells me what's up.

If my Bears would have cheated like that I'd feel betrayed. And angry. But I wouldn't come here defending them that's for sure.

I agree not many fan bases could with a straight face defend this blatant embarrassing cheating g

This is NOT just about Brady; the whole Patriot Offense benefits from a deflated ball.

I wish the Pats would have followed thru with their earlier stance of taking whatever punishment the NFL levied and move the F**k on. This story is about to make my ears bleed with all the lawyer talk. I do think we need to reserve judgment about how significant this was as far as offensive advantage. The statistics about the fumble rate for the Pats vs the rest of the league over the last few years appear very suspicious. If the Pats come back to the league in these stats the next few seasons, then folks we have a real problem. Then I think we can have a real discussion of the effects on "legacies" for Brady and the Pats.

• Like 1

You too. Typically I'll reappear around mock draft time.

I really admire your ability to come and go as you please

I got sucked into the geek club vortex

I really admire your ability to come and go as you please

I got sucked into the geek club vortex

:shocking:

Wipe your feet off after leaving that bored man.

I used to slip in there while working midnight shifts and needed counselling to overcome it. I still wake at night, wondering if I screamed out loud.

• Like 1

And velcro gloves. They're into farm animals over there.

Mmmm. Bacon

• Like 1

:shocking:

Wipe your feet off after leaving that bored man.

I used to slip in there while working midnight shifts and needed counselling to overcome it. I still wake at night, wondering if I screamed out loud.

:first:

• Like 1

I am a come lately to this thread. Not trying to defend Brady, one way or the other. However, I have to ask: (maybe some of you already have) *With an NFL official handling the football before every snap......why didn't an NFL official do something before or during the game in the first half. Why didn't they say: "Hey give me another ball, this one does not feel right". Or maybe: "Hey, give me another ball, this one does not feel right". Yes, I repeated myself. Just like the officials handling the ball should have done it sounds like maybe eleven times if need be. So why is this question not been asked or answered to the extent of questioning the role of the ball boys? It just doesn't get as much press. Just asking.

Again, I am not defending Brady one way or the other. But why is my question above.........not answered by those that believe the NFL is getting it right now? *An NFL official handled the ball before every snap. Why did they not remove the balls from play during the first series, or at some time in the first half?

Again, I am not defending Brady one way or the other. But why is my question above.........not answered by those that believe the NFL is getting it right now? *An NFL official handled the ball before every snap. Why did they not remove the balls from play during the first series, or at some time in the first half?

So now you have accepted they cheated but are complaining the refs didn't catch them sooner. What's the difference pats fans? It would suddenly be ok with you if the ref stopped the game after 5 minted and got pressure gauges out in the sideline? Then oh pats fans would just accept they cheated and shut up? Instead they waited 25 more minutes of gameplay so that negAtes the cheating? Yeah makes sense

So now you have accepted they cheated but are complaining the refs didn't catch them sooner. What's the difference pats fans? It would suddenly be ok with you if the ref stopped the game after 5 minted and got pressure gauges out in the sideline? Then oh pats fans would just accept they cheated and shut up? Instead they waited 25 more minutes of gameplay so that negAtes the cheating? Yeah makes sense

Wow, so now I am a Pats fan for asking the question? Not hardly. I feel my question is still unanswered. NFL officials have stopped play for a wide variety of reasons, from illegal forearm pads to illegal face masks and spikes, etc. So........all I am asking is why did they not take the balls out of play, since they handled the balls before every snap?