Sign in to follow this  
Baltimore Police Warn of 'Credible Threat' to 'Take-Out' Law Enforcement Officers...

LOL. Not sure where you get information, but you need a new place man. He was not arrested for no reason. The cops have said they witnessed Grey, a known drug dealer, making a drug deal, in a known drug dealing area.

This crap about the knife is probably BS too. The dude has a lengthy rap sheet and may have been on parole. If it comes out he was on parole at the time of arrest, it was probably illegal for him to have the knife too.

The knife he had, which has some kind of spring-loaded mechanism, is legal in Maryland, but restricted in the CIty.

I am actually grateful in this instance. While others just take it and move on, AA's are more less like " no way, and fock you" and while that seems to get them hurt and focked with even more, I admire them for standing up to the police, I likely would never do it, just to avoid the hassle of arrest or risk having something that could mess with my clearance. Sadly the majority of people just take it without a sound.

If you lived in a neighborhood where the cops routinely hassled you for nothing maybe you'd speak up too. That Baltimore guy for example, did we ever figure out why he got arrested before he died?

If you lived in a neighborhood where the cops routinely hassled you for nothing maybe you'd speak up too. That Baltimore guy for example, did we ever figure out why he got arrested before he died?

What if you lived in a cime ridden cess pool infested by the likes of Freddir Gray? You might not think the cops were "hassling" anyone.

I am not clear, but have heard on local news that after witnessing the suspect conclude a drug sale they approached him and he ran, I cannot imagine they knew he had an illegal knife. If I lived in a crime-ridden area I would not be surprised to be stopped by the police. And on those occasions where I had to drive through those areas I have been stopped for no reason. I didn't care for it, but I am also not going to whine like a little b!tch about it either.

When I was in college, I was routinely hassled not due to my neighborhood but due to the vehicle I drove. I just said "yes sir no sir" to the officers. I wasn't doing anything wrong and they let me go after making that determination. Maybe if more AA's followed that rule of thumb this cycle would die down. And it is a cycle. AA's commit more crimes so cops are more aware of them. Therefore they're hassled more. Because they're hassled more they make a big deal out of it which just justifies the cops actions in their minds. Rinse and repeat, and get worse. So if the'yd just be cool when stopped and maybe stop committing quite so much of the crime in their neighborhoods, I would bet they'd eventually be treated just like whitey. It may take some time but it's what I believe has to happen for meaningful change to occur.

When I was in college, I was routinely hassled not due to my neighborhood but due to the vehicle I drove. I just said "yes sir no sir" to the officers. I wasn't doing anything wrong and they let me go after making that determination. Maybe if more AA's followed that rule of thumb this cycle would die down. And it is a cycle. AA's commit more crimes so cops are more aware of them. Therefore they're hassled more. Because they're hassled more they make a big deal out of it which just justifies the cops actions in their minds. Rinse and repeat, and get worse. So if the'yd just be cool when stopped and maybe stop committing quite so much of the crime in their neighborhoods, I would bet they'd eventually be treated just like whitey. It may take some time but it's what I believe has to happen for meaningful change to occur.

I agree that the fallacy of AA being treated unfairly is utter excrement, we all get that same treatment from time to time, and if we lived in an area where statistically we are more likely to commit crime then I think we should expect to be treated in a manner commensurate with that fact. That being said, it does feel good that the cops are finally getting it back on them, and I have to hand it to the AA community for standing up to it, while I find their incessant whining to be just exasperating, in this situation, it will benefit us all

I am not clear, but have heard on local news that after witnessing the suspect conclude a drug sale they approached him and he ran, I cannot imagine they knew he had an illegal knife. If I lived in a crime-ridden area I would not be surprised to be stopped by the police. And on those occasions where I had to drive through those areas I have been stopped for no reason. I didn't care for it, but I am also not going to whine like a little b!tch about it either.

They observed him conclude a drug deal? Really? I hadn't heard of this. All I knew of was the 'eye contact' and the 'he had done nothing wrong' and 'knife was legal' story line. Well if that holds to be true, it changes things a bit. At least now there'd probable cause to arrest him. It's better if they have a legitimate reason to nab him than what I was hearing before. I'll keep an eye out for more on this.

Still, the major parts to gripe about would remain out there: about him going from seemingly fine and healthy to dead in custody.

edit: I see gocolts said the same thing towards the end of page 12.

I believe the officers say Gray ran unprovoked. So they did the normal thing: They chased him down, threw him in the van and accidentally killed him. It's okay though cause he had a rap sheet and a pocket knife. Why can't negroes be more polite? :dunno:

I believe the officers say Gray ran unprovoked. So they did the normal thing: They chased him down, threw him in the van and accidentally killed him. It's okay though cause he had a rap sheet and a pocket knife. Why can't negroes be more polite? :dunno:

this was the story I heard. They can't both be right. It would be helpful if we all had a common baseline.

It could be more misinformation, it could be that the cops are revising their original statement, only time will tell. i think for a while we will likely hear a variety of versions.

Can the police stop you if all you do is run from them when you see them? For the most part, yes. But having grounds to stop is not the same as having probable cause to make an arrest.

So there are multiple parts to this I guess. The narrative that the meanie cops should not have chased him when he ran away. The narrative that they injured him during the arrest; which may or may not have been criminal. The narrative that they did something to him while he was in custody. And finally that they denied him medical attention.

Conceptually :

I think they are likely OK on the pursuit, and could point to the knife potentially to justify the arrest.

I think they could be charged for hurting him during the arrest for some low-level charge.

I think they could and should face long and hard time for actively injuring him during transit and after the arrest.

I think they SHOULD face severe consequences and charges for denying him medical attention.

It could be more misinformation, it could be that the cops are revising their original statement, only time will tell. i think for a while we will likely hear a variety of versions.

Can the police stop you if all you do is run from them when you see them? For the most part, yes. But having grounds to stop is not the same as having probable cause to make an arrest.

So there are multiple parts to this I guess. The narrative that the meanie cops should not have chased him when he ran away. The narrative that they injured him during the arrest; which may or may not have been criminal. The narrative that they did something to him while he was in custody. And finally that they denied him medical attention.

Conceptually :

I think they are likely OK on the pursuit, and could point to the knife potentially to justify the arrest.

I think they could be charged for hurting him during the arrest for some low-level charge.

I think they could and should face long and hard time for actively injuring him during transit and after the arrest.

I think they SHOULD face severe consequences and charges for denying him medical attention.

Why waste the characters. Someone is about to get butthurt again when the truth comes out.

Why waste the characters. Someone is about to get butthurt again when the truth comes out.

Whats the truth in your eyes?

That he was just a thug and deserved it and the cops did nothing wrong?

Conceptually :

Back to my original point - I suspect routine harassment and detainment by police is much more likely in poor black neighborhoods than elsewhere. So if your point is there's a culture of lack of respect for the cops I agree. Just saying, it's easy to say "just listen to the cops!" when you're not being chronically hassled. I've dealt with a-hole cops maybe 2-3 times in my life, if they're that out of control in the burbs I can't even imagine wtf they do in the ghetto.

Back to my original point - I suspect routine harassment and detainment by police is much more likely in poor black neighborhoods than elsewhere. So if your point is there's a culture of lack of respect for the cops I agree. Just saying, it's easy to say "just listen to the cops!" when you're not being chronically hassled. I've dealt with a-hole cops maybe 2-3 times in my life, if they're that out of control in the burbs I can't even imagine wtf they do in the ghetto.

That resonates. And I would add that I do believe in the end the entire nation will owe a debt of gratitude to the AA community for being the ones to finally step up and compel this to be fixed.

You say harrasment, I say enforcement.

You say harrasment, I say enforcement.

:D I chortled.....

the kid ran into a building (probably to ditch the drugs) and doubled back and ran out of the building during pursuit.

There is a lot more to this story if you diversify your sources of info.

Whats the truth in your eyes?

That he was just a thug and deserved it and the cops did nothing wrong?

I don't know what happened. Right now, there is not much to go on unless you have an agenda. I have found that if you generally come down on the side of police you generally won't end up with egg on your face. But still, I'll reserve judgement.

Baltimore Pastor Jamal Bryant complained that because of economic "disenfranchisement," the rioters "could only find one anchor store in that neighborhood" to destroy - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2015/05/11/baltimore-pastor-complains-economy-so-bad-rioters-found-only-one#sthash.VYcfB4xx.dpuf

Interesting, I cannot imagine why a chain would not consider the area just awesome for placement of a franshise, they could reach out to CVS for thoughts on it

It is very sad that our Obama backers have no clue that Obama has been talking about a federal police force for years and has taken small steps in that direction. It is even sadder when the uninformed voter tries to speak out.A nationalized police force won't happen over night, it would never be accepted. Like all Lefty ideas, it must be opportunist and incremental, they must be ready to spread lies and stir up unrest when an opportunity arises in order to achieve their goals. They never let a good catastrophe go to waste.Today, a new movement is afoot to nationalize our local police by stealth. In the [2009] campaign,Barack Obama advocated a civilian police to match the size and power of our armed forces. More recently, Obama advocated enlarging the U.S. Marshals Service into a stability police. He is being assisted by the Southern Poverty Law Center. http://www.infowars.com/obama-pondering-national-police-force-again/"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded. - Barack ObamaI guess you losers had no clue what his national security objectives were.

Obummer better hurry up - he's got less than 2 years to nationalize the police force! :lol: :overhead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When you post crap from info wars...it means you have no argument.

Valuable vehicles and equipment are being yanked from law enforcement agencies across the country by the Obama administration in the wake of the presidents post-Ferguson order -- as sheriffs and lawmakers tell FoxNews.com the equipment is needed, and losing it could put officers and the communities they serve in danger.

These things are useful tools and the president taking them away will put more officers in jeopardy and at risk of harm or even death. I dont know how he can sleep at night knowing his actions will have those repercussions, Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Ala., told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/23/outrage-as-military-vehicles-equipment-taken-from-officers-in-wake-obama-order.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Valuable vehicles and equipment are being yanked from law enforcement agencies across the country by the Obama administration in the wake of the president’s post-Ferguson order -- as sheriffs and lawmakers tell FoxNews.com the equipment is needed, and losing it could put officers and the communities they serve in danger.

“These things are useful tools and the president taking them away will put more officers in jeopardy and at risk of harm or even death. I don’t know how he can sleep at night knowing his actions will have those repercussions,” Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Ala., told FoxNews.com.

Weren't you one of those complaining about police forces using military equipment?

Now you are "quoting" some foxnews BS without a link and think it proves your federal police force agenda?

Dude, you have serious issues.

Weren't you one of those complaining about police forces using military equipment?

Now you are "quoting" some foxnews BS without a link and think it proves your federal police force agenda?

Dude, you have serious issues.

And you reply to all of them. Those issues begin and end with that face in the mirror.

And you reply to all of them. Those issues begin and end with that face in the mirror.

Really? His issues are that people here point out his inconsistency and outright lies and BS?

Oof

Really? His issues are that people here point out his inconsistency and outright lies and BS?

Oof

And it's your mission to do so? :yawn: