Sign in to follow this  
Baltimore Police Warn of 'Credible Threat' to 'Take-Out' Law Enforcement Officers...

There's a report coming out that he was in an accident the week before. They're saying he had a neck injury and he didn't take it seriously.

Doesn't exonerate the cops. But it might bring light to the situation as to why his injuries were as bad as they were.

You've handled liability cases. We'll soon see if it contributed. :dunno:

That story has been debunked. He had a claim for lead poisoning from when he was a kid and he tried to get a lump sum on a structured settlement. I think he ran in to one of them vacant buildings and fell. Although I have seen many perps in custody try to hurt themselves. To be honest, those were the times I was most worried about getting jammed up. When I used force I was always up front about it, but when you walk in to the pct and your perp is dripping with blood, not too many people think he did it to himself, but it happens.

That

The majority of liability claims I've been a part of settle. Every once in a while they do not. This is one I'd love to see all the facts of and be privy too during the Grand Jury process.

Grand jury is a criminal thing :dunno:

Baltimore Mayor this morning:

I wanted to say something that was on my heart We dont have thugs in Baltimore. Sometimes my little anger interpreter gets the best of me, she said, pointing to her head. We have a lot of kids that are acting out, a lot of people in our community that are acting out.

Not seeing any updates on the condition of the guy beaten and stomped. How a different guy almost beaten to death is doing.

The big picture take away from the situation is "disenfranchised youth venting their frustration and anger." The attempted murders and possible murders aren't really worth societal introspection.

Since this train of thought will ping on narrow minded radar...my take on what I heard about Freddie Gray...severed spine, dragged while in intense pain, and not seen by any medical personnel until 50 minutes after being detained - that is objectively incredibly messed up too.

You're right that those people are thugs. I think where you get yourself into trouble is when you don't differentiate between people violently attacking store owners and the other "disenfranchised youth" that you appear to have adjudged as one and the same.

You're right that those people are thugs. I think where you get yourself into trouble is when you don't differentiate between people violently attacking store owners and the other "disenfranchised youth" you that appear to have adjudged as one and the same.

:thumbsup:

I was hoping she would stick to her guns on calling people "thugs" and explain that it's not a racial epithet, it's a label people earn with their BEHAVIOR.

Grand jury is a criminal thing :dunno:

The officers iinvolved going before them.

An investigation into the death of Baltimore resident Freddie Gray has found no evidence that his fatal injuries were caused during the videotaped arrest and interaction with police officers, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

The sources spoke to ABC7 News after being briefed on the findings of a police report tuned over to prosecutors on Thursday as well as preliminary findings made by the medical examiner’s office.

Sources said the medical examiner found Gray’s catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.

:o

Medical examiners said that report isn't true, FYI.

Cops made an extra stop on their way to the station. Apparently none of them told investigators about it. Could be nothing though

Medical examiners said that report isn't true, FYI.

Cops made an extra stop on their way to the station. Apparently none of them told investigators about it. Could be nothing though

10-4. Yeah, keep hearing about this mysterious stop. What a cluster fock.

He must have broke his own spine. :lol:

Wow, it looks like he did!

Yes...the liberals want cops to snap black guy's spines

Please provide the links that prove the cops did this or are you just lying to suit your own misguided purposes like you always do.

But yes, the left does like to lie as a means to instill hate and incite violence. Look at

Trevon Martin

Michael Brown

The Rolling Stone fraternity rape report

Freddie Gray

All in the last three years

You're right that those people are thugs. I think where you get yourself into trouble is when you don't differentiate between people violently attacking store owners and the other "disenfranchised youth" that you appear to have adjudged as one and the same.

By me saying what the takeaway (media narrative) is supposed to be, and also talking about the people violently attacked...why do I have to be saying that the "disfranchised youth" are no different than those attackers? That wasn't a thought relationship in what I was saying.

I was actually just saying "this is the what we're supposed to be thinking about - being introspective about as a society." And then, what happened to those victims doesn't really matter.

That was the arc of my thought...not directly associating the framing of "disenfranchised youth" with the reality of those attackers.

I hope you get that. Because you're starting to graduate from just being really condescending to being pretty frustrating strawman noise.

Old people are really focking stupid. :lol:

Old people are really focking stupid. :lol:

Phurfur has to be pulling an act. No way in hell Is he as stupid as he tries to pretend.

I actually sort of hope there is more to this story and this man didn't kill himself by re-injuring a previous injury. It would make all of Baltimore look pretty stupid.

I actually sort of hope there is more to this story and this man didn't kill himself by re-injuring a previous injury. It would make all of Baltimore look pretty stupid.

They don't need any help looking stupid. I'm looking at you RLLD :mad:

I think the fact that he wasn't seatbelted, the cops deliberately misreported the timeline and the medical examiner says an injury on his head was consistent with a bolt on the van is credible evidence that something happened while he was in custody, even if it was just negligence.

Has Ray Lewis saved the city yet?

It seems fairly likely they took him on a "rough ride" with some stops to fock around with him, and it didn't end well.

That is the most obvious explanation, but then again sometimes the most obvious answer isn't correct. :dunno:

Has Ray Lewis saved the city yet?

He personally stood by as each rioter was killed :thumbsup:

I just don't know about that guy saying he was trying to injure himself, he couldn't see him, but you'd think after a while a sense of self preservation would set in if you're trying to hurt yourself. Give yourself a black eye, sure, but to sever your spine? Fock me

I think the fact that he wasn't seatbelted, the cops deliberately misreported the timeline and the medical examiner says an injury on his head was consistent with a bolt on the van is credible evidence that something happened while he was in custody, even if it was just negligence.

I guess, sure. Ultimatley we will know. But all these riots weren't about not putting a seatbelt on a what they thought was a perfectly healthy person. They called it murder, and wanted people to pay!@#!

Sounds like the State Attorney will announce that this was indeed a homicide, and charges will follow.

I guess, sure. Ultimatley we will know. But all these riots weren't about not putting a seatbelt on a what they thought was a perfectly healthy person. They called it murder, and wanted people to pay!@#!

Well it has just been ruled a homicide. Phurfur would feel pretty stupid right now if he wasn't immune to facts and logic.

All I can say that in my experience, 6 cops involved is a lot. One or two of them will talk to save their asses if there was wrong doing. That's how it usually plays out. If it were one or two cops from the same unit, they may stick to their story. But 6 cops from different units is a different story. I expect them to be testifying against each other. First one to the DA gets the deal.

Cops being charged after an investigation. Why did a buch of thugs destroy part of their own city?

This will be an interesting case to follow. I'm at work, when they say Homicide are we talking like negligent manslaughter or outright homicide? Based on what we do know I can easlily see the former. As in those officers were negligent in following protocol which resulted in a death. If its the latter, then there is a movie of the week story that will come out.

This will be an interesting case to follow. I'm at work, when they say Homicide are we talking like negligent manslaughter or outright homicide?

I don't know about Maryland, but in NY homicide is a medical term, not a charge. It just indicates that the death was caused by another person. The DA then decides if it's murder, manslaughter ect.

I don't know about Maryland, but in NY homocide is a medical term, not a charge. It just indicates that the death was caused by another person. The DA then decides if it's murder, manslaughter ect

Seems like if a warrant has been issued for their arrest, the charge has been decided. Will be interesting to see exactly what it is.....

Cops being charged after an investigation. Why did a buch of thugs destroy part of their own city?

Because the cops are constantly holding people accountable for their actions, and they hate that

This will be an interesting case to follow. I'm at work, when they say Homicide are we talking like negligent manslaughter or outright homicide? Based on what we do know I can easlily see the former. As in those officers were negligent in following protocol which resulted in a death. If its the latter, then there is a movie of the week story that will come out.

It is exceedingly unlikely that cops would be charged just for that. You're grasping at straws here

It is exceedingly unlikely that cops would be charged just for that. You're grasping at straws here

Huh? Why am I grasping at straws, what I am grasping for exactly? I was simply speculating on what the exact charges were based on the most current info. :dunno:

Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die.

Based on the story this seems like a rather plausible charge for at least some of those six officers. No?

One officer charged with second degree murder. Three charges with manslaughter. Two charged with assault.

Most of them also charged with false imprisonment as prosecutor says there was no probable cause to arrest Gray in the first place. That's a rather unusual charge in this scenario

Like I said, 1-2 of these cops are going to look to make a deal. Probably the ones with the lesser charges. The big fight will be over a change of venue. The idiots that rioted most likely assured a Change of venue. Rural Maryland is a lot different from Baltimore.

Like I said, 1-2 of these cops are going to look to make a deal. Probably the ones with the lesser charges. The big fight will be over a change of venue. The idiots that rioted most likely assured a Change of venue. Rural Maryland is a lot different from Baltimore.

It's pretty damn difficult to get a change of venue. Skilling couldn't get one and neither could Tsarnaev.

Maybe. Maybe not. Let's at least be honest with each other, here on the forum, for a moment. The guy died of a pretty nasty injury while in the custody of these officers, even if he did inflict the injury upon himself (and I am not sure that this is true yet) then they are culpable due to not following procedure by strapping him in. He was their responsibility and they failed, miserably.

That being said there was no way that charges would not be filed, they have to be filed to appease the mob. Whether those charges stick is another thing entirely, and while the cops may plea out of a court proceeding, they also may not, it depends on what the state offers; here is the rub, the state cannot offer anything that they might accept, this HAS to go to court. Otherwise the mob may step in and decide justice again.

SO, the judicial system and actual justice is being held hostage by a mob. You have a dearth of intensely stupid people who see this incident as a portrait of their issues, who want to use this a a vehicle for their frustrations; most of which have some legitimacy. Yet everyday, some young black man or woman will die, and they won't give a rats ass, and every day their kids will sleep walk through school, never strive and suffer the same fate as their parents, but this issue.....THIS is what they rally around.

Hope you and your next three generations ejoy the poverty and anger you will have earned, idiots

It's pretty damn difficult to get a change of venue. Skilling couldn't get one and neither could Tsarnaev.

It is, but there weren't riots calling for their heads

Please provide the links that prove the cops did this or are you just lying to suit your own misguided purposes like you always do.

But yes, the left does like to lie as a means to instill hate and incite violence. Look at

Trevon Martin

Michael Brown

The Rolling Stone fraternity rape report

Freddie Gray

All in the last three years

Lying?

You are spouting off like its been proven he hurt himself.

When others are already saying that story is being debunked and now the officers are being charged.

You are seriously messed up in the head man.

Honest question, what would the response be if a white criminal with assault charges and numerous drug charges was killed in the back of a police van accidentally? Would it even be news? The guy was a classic dirtbag. I get that he was just providing for his family and pretty much all the blacks have to do that "because thats the only way they can make a living". Yes he wasnt hitler or some ruthless criminal, he was your avg black dirtbag drug dealer, prob a swell guy. But thats become like some justification now for a lifetyle of crime and I dont agree with that.

Also, dont believe for a second that the officers getting charged is anything less than a move to calm down the masses. They are being made an example of after the other cops werent charged. Any white or even non black officer in that area needs to getthe hell out immediately, you arent safe.

Honest question, what would the response be if a white criminal with assault charges and numerous drug charges was killed in the back of a police van accidentally? Would it even be news? The guy was a classic dirtbag. I get that he was just providing for his family and pretty much all the blacks have to do that "because thats the only way they can make a living". Yes he wasnt hitler or some ruthless criminal, he was your avg black dirtbag drug dealer, prob a swell guy. But thats become like some justification now for a lifetyle of crime and I dont agree with that.

Also, dont believe for a second that the officers getting charged is anything less than a move to calm down the masses. They are being made an example of after the other cops werent charged. Any white or even non black officer in that area needs to getthe hell out immediately, you arent safe.

I wouldn't call him a dirtbag, he was more of a stupid thug.

They waited until after the riots were over to charge the cops and calm the rioters ... interesting strategy, Baltimore. :wacko:

They waited until after the riots were over to charge the cops and calm the rioters ... interesting strategy, Baltimore. :wacko:

Now black neighborhoods will basically hold the city hostage anytime a criminal gets so much as a papercut and the cops arent given the death penalty. The threat of riot will see lots of cases get tried.