cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

On 7/16/2015 at 9:35 AM, cbfalcon said:

I've been wanting to post some music over the last few months, but the last thread is almost 3 years old and needs to be refreshed.

I have a lot of opinions on the new Muse album....I'm wondering if I've grown past them, as Matt Bellamy is a hack of a lyricist. But musically, and more specifically in regards to Matt's cartoonish guitar wankery, this is their best album since Absolution or Black Holes. It's fun. And this here song has been chosen for the geek club, or for Guitar Hero 19. Whichever.

How are you doing?

Post a song that you currently love.

tia

On 3/30/2019 at 2:05 AM, sderk said:

New music has nothing on this:

I liked you.  I hope you come back.  

New song from Ghost.  Seeing them w/ my daughter tomorrow.  Bonus points for making "Mephistopheles" part of a catchy chorus. 

Interesting trivia: cute gal in video is Matthew Modine's daughter. 

Stumbled onto this completely by accident but enjoy it quite a good deal.

5 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Stumbled onto this completely by accident but enjoy it quite a good deal.

Not bad. Totally different from what I expected from the still image. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DonS said:

New song from Ghost.  Seeing them w/ my daughter tomorrow.  Bonus points for making "Mephistopheles" part of a catchy chorus. 

Interesting trivia: cute gal in video is Matthew Modine's daughter. 

Cool deal, took my daughter to see them a little over two years ago. :headbanger:

30 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Cool deal, took my daughter to see them a little over two years ago. :headbanger:

People watching is one of the best parts of the show. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

People watching is one of the best parts of the show. :thumbsup:

Yeah some people really get in to it. Many sexy nuns and pandemic doctors with the long bird like masks and other dressed up freaks. We saw them at the palace in Albany NY, which is an old theatre, probably close to a hundred years old, totally fit with the gothic church like setting that Ghost has.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:30 PM, Herbivore said:

Just checking this out.  Nice.  Reminds me of Paulo Nutini.  Keep adding music when you find the time.  

Not really new music as the album came out in Oct 2020, but Puscifer is finally going to tour for it thanks to Covid. 

Just bought tix to see them in July with my daughter.  Maynard is definitely one strange dude. :headbanger:

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Not really new music as the album came out in Oct 2020, but Puscifer is finally going to tour for it thanks to Covid. 

Just bought tix to see them in July with my daughter.  Maynard is definitely one strange dude. :headbanger:

As an unintentionally awkward aside, I love your relationship with your daughter.  I am certain she is a cool chick and you seem like an awesome dad.

Kudos.

20 minutes ago, fandandy said:

As an unintentionally awkward aside, I love your relationship with your daughter.  I am certain she is a cool chick and you seem like an awesome dad.

Kudos.

Thx man. I definitely raised my kids properly music-wise. My kids' first concert was RUSH at the Gorge which is a phenomenal amphitheater on the Columbia River.  The memory of my then 8 year old daughter standing on her chair belting out the lyrics to "Free Will" still melts my heart, along with all the folks around me giving me compliments for being a good Dad. :wub:

Both of my kids are my concert buddies, which is great since my wife doesn't care for most of my music. For really important shows I'll often double dip and see the same show with my son down in Portland as most tours hit both cities. 

Edit: even better is the fact that both of my kids are out of college with good jobs and can pay for their own tickets.  That sh1t ain't cheap! 

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

Just checking this out.  Nice.  Reminds me of Paulo Nutini.  Keep adding music when you find the time.  

Yeah, I like Paulo. Will do.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:43 PM, MDC said:

New War on Drugs album is excellent. Fans of Bruce, Tom Petty, Don Henley etc. will love it.

they are playing in KC June 5, maybe I'll try and catch them.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

they are playing in KC June 5, maybe I'll try and catch them.

I saw them in Philly a few years ago - great show. :thumbsup: 

🤤

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

🤤

You need a Spermoff thread: New Music I Can't Stop Masturbating To. 

• Haha 3

On 1/26/2022 at 5:11 PM, DonS said:

Not bad. Totally different from what I expected from the still image. 

This is like seeing that NewbieJr posts, bracing yourself for the normal, actually reading it and thinking "not half bad". 

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, DonS said:

Puscifer show is tonight!   My son and his gf saw them in Portland last night and said it was a great show.  :thumbsup:

Here's an older song of theirs but some of the lyrics seem like they were written especially for the GC:

Here's the relevant part...

Yes, we're being condescending

Yes, that means we're talking down to you
With all that racket from you lips a-flapping
We assumed you didn't notice

Haters, isolators
No one misses these
B1tches receive stitches
Trolls receive 86's

You speak like someone who has never been
Smacked in the focking mouth
That's OK, we have the remedy
You speak like someone who has never been
Knocked the fock on out
But we have your remedy

I heard this song a while back and really liked it but no one else seemed into it. Now it's getting radio play so I'm really feeling it:

Yes, it's weird but still it's a cool song. 

I wouldn't say "can't stop listening to", but I went to a vinyl release party (limited capacity of 200 people on a rooftop hotel bar) for a band from KC called Hembree last night, and I think this entire album is pretty good.  Here are the videos I found from this album on youtube:

Two nights after hitting an up and coming band, I'm now off to take my son to see one of the longest touring artists out there, Roger waters.   Second row in the floor :headbanger:

34 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Two nights after hitting an up and coming band, I'm now off to take my son to see one of the longest touring artists out there, Roger waters.   Second row in the floor :headbanger:

We'll need to compare notes.  I'm seeing RW with my son next Saturday.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

We'll need to compare notes.  I'm seeing RW with my son next Saturday.  :thumbsup:

How old is your boy?  Mine's 15.  I think he knows it's going to be cool, but I'm not sure he fully comprehends the production he is about to witness. 

3 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

How old is your boy?  Mine's 15.  I think he knows it's going to be cool, but I'm not sure he fully comprehends the production he is about to witness. 

Son is 25 so he's well versed in Pink Floyd / Roger Waters.

September is going to be a great month for concerts:

RW in Portland on 9/10

Porcupine Tree in Denver on 9/25.  My son and I are both flying in for this show. :pointstosky:

Iron Maiden in Seattle on 9/29 with entire family.