Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Now that the transcripts have been released for deflategate.....

How do we know the texts with the ball boys were relevant to deflategate? Could have been about anything.

Ok. I win.

But there were relevant texts. He did text with the ball boys, right? That's relevant and we know they happened. Why didn't he turn them over?

All team issued phones were provided. You seem to think there are smoking gun texts from TB to the deflator that wasn't on the deflators phone.

All team issued phones were provided. You seem to think there are smoking gun texts from TB to the deflator that wasn't on the deflators phone.

This fact is overlooked by them because it is common sense and thus isn't relevant. The thing they are looking at is the fact that Brady destroyed his phone. Forget about the fact that the nfl wasn't ever going to get it and Brady was told he didn't have to give it up or wouldn't be punished for not giving it up

And that was a dik pic investigation. The NFL obviously takes cheating more serious. The Patriots previous conviction for cheating would be the relevant example, not a dik pic.

You are a moron if you can't figure out the butthurt Ravens tipped off Kensil from the Colts who was butthurt from the jets. They set up a sting, which failed miserably... Which then led to the NFL paying $5million for a BS homer report.

It is pretty funny they would commission a $5 million joke of a report to levy a $1million fine. How do you make up the gap? You milk the news media for $4million worth of free advertising stringing this joke of an investigation along.

I would be looking to see if and when Brady deleted those texts. Not necessarily what was in them.

Goodell is a lying fawking scumbag. He says for months that the Wells Report is an independent investigation and then this week comes out and admits it's not. He's basically telling everyone he can do whatever the fawk he wants, including lying and doing everything he can to cover his a$$. And some of you continue to use Goodell in your arguments? Blows my mind how stoopid some are in using Goodell's bullshit in this.

You are a moron if you can't figure out the butthurt Ravens tipped off Kensil from the Colts who was butthurt from the jets. They set up a sting, which failed miserably... Which then led to the NFL paying $5million for a BS homer report.

It is pretty funny they would commission a $5 million joke of a report to levy a $1million fine. How do you make up the gap? You milk the news media for $4million worth of free advertising stringing this joke of an investigation along.

I agree with the first paragraph. The second one confirms you're the moron.

I would be looking to see if and when Brady deleted those texts. Not necessarily what was in them.

Hahaha. So it wasn't really about determining if Brady was involved with cheating. Instead it was about looking for other ways to bring him down (like saying he didn't cooperate fully enough).. Interesting.

Hahaha. So it wasn't really about determining if Brady was involved with cheating. Instead it was about looking for other ways to bring him down (like saying he didn't cooperate fully enough).. Interesting.

No, it would be about asking him why he deleted the texts. Once again, nice try. You keep thinking the search is about a smoking gun, and forgetting that in the NFL, a smoking gun isn't necessary. It's not a

court of law, remember?

No, it would be about asking him why he deleted the texts. Once again, nice try. You keep thinking the search is about a smoking gun, and forgetting that in the NFL, a smoking gun isn't necessary. It's not a

court of law, remember?

It doesn't matter why he deleted them. What if he simply didn't want text messages from people he rarely ever talks to on his phone? Isn't that a simple enough reason? The fact that you would try to say that if he deleted them then it's reason enough to convict him is stupid. I delete messages on my phone from people. Doesn't mean I commited a crime

No, it would be about asking him why he deleted the texts.

uhhhh... I deleted the texts because I didn't need them anymore... I sometimes delete texts. I sometimes delete photos, voice mails... actually, I delete a lot of stuff from my phone... all the time really...

Headline: "BRADY SPENDS DAYS DELETING INCRIMINATING PHOTOS FROM PHONE"

Magnificent Bastard: Ah HA! We Got Him... also, hey... did you know the Giants have beaten the Patriots?? Did ya'??

:clap:

It doesn't matter why he deleted them. What if he simply didn't want text messages from people he rarely ever talks to on his phone? Isn't that a simple enough reason? The fact that you would try to say that if he deleted them then it's reason enough to convict him is stupid. I delete messages on my phone from people. Doesn't mean I commited a crime

I'll explain it again. It's not about getting evidence for a "conviction" (poor choice of word FYI) it's about the preponderance of evidence. Stop thinking the NFL needed a smoking gun. That's not the level they work at.

The NFL... That's not the level they work at.

the level they work at is unacceptable.... you do realize this, no?

uhhhh... I deleted the texts because I didn't need them anymore... I sometimes delete texts. I sometimes delete photos, voice mails... actually, I delete a lot of stuff from my phone... all the time really...

Headline: "BRADY SPENDS DAYS DELETING INCRIMINATING PHOTOS FROM PHONE"

Magnificent Bastard: Ah HA! We Got Him... also, hey... did you know the Giants have beaten the Patriots?? Did ya'??

Yup. He just happened to delete the texts from a guy nicknamed the deflator. Ok then. It's funny how you left out the harrowing defeats to the NYG in your little fictional diatribe.

the level they work at is unacceptable.... you do realize this, no?

I don't like it either, but it is the level the players agreed to. You do realize this?

I'll explain it again. It's not about getting evidence for a "conviction" (poor choice of word FYI) it's about the preponderance of evidence. Stop thinking the NFL needed a smoking gun. That's not the level they work at.

But that's what you're making it out to be. That they need evidence. And if they don't need evidence then all they need is someone being accused of something. Then they can do whatever the hell they want to make the person guilty. Nfl needs a smoking gun so they don't look retarded. they couldn't find one on Brady and punished him anyway. He had enough of their bs and took them to court for it. Now the nfl is looking more retarded the more information that was sealed and then ordered by the judge to be unsealed has come to light

court of law, remember?

I do in fact remember that it's not a court of law. It's difficult to forget, considering that if it were a court of law, the case would have been thrown out by now, and it's likely that Roger Goodell would be facing charges.

Yup. He just happened to delete the texts from a guy nicknamed the deflator. Ok then. It's funny how you left out the harrowing defeats to the NYG in your little fictional diatribe.

I've read that Brady never even exchanged texts with "the deflator". But keep using misinformation to make your case.

And that was a dik pic investigation. The NFL obviously takes cheating more serious. The Patriots previous conviction for cheating would be the relevant example, not a dik pic.

Ah....but you said he was being punished for being "uncoorperative" in response to my posting of the fines for equipment violations (a.k.a cheating). Maybe you forgot (see below)?

Great. But he's being punished for being uncooperative. The Vikings. Falcons and Browns all cooperated in their cases. Brady didn't

So which is it? Is he being punished for a equipment violation (cheating) or being uncoorporative.

Also - One glaring example you forget with the Falcons, Vikings and Browns.....they had evidence. Something sorely lacking in Deflategate.

I do in fact remember that it's not a court of law. It's difficult to forget, considering that if it were a court of law, the case would have been thrown out by now, and it's likely that Roger Goodell would be facing charges.

No argument here. But that's not the real world. The real world is that Goodell, incompetent boob that he is, has all the power, agreed to by the players.

Ah....but you said he was being punished for being "uncoorperative" in response to my posting of the fines for equipment violations (a.k.a cheating). Maybe you forgot (see below)?

So which is it? Is he being punished for a equipment violation (cheating) or being uncoorporative.

Also - One glaring example you forget with the Falcons, Vikings and Browns.....they had evidence. Something sorely lacking in Deflategate.

They had evidence provided to them, by the accused, in the case of the Falcons and Browns, because they cooperated. The Vikings was on video.

Too much common sense in this post. Must refer back to "Brady destroyed his phone" and "the guys nickname was the deflator"

No argument here. But that's not the real world. The real world is that Goodell, incompetent boob that he is, has all the power, agreed to by the players.

And you are ok with that? You think it's right?

And you are ok with that? You think it's right?

I never would vote for, or even present to my membership, any such thing. The NFLPA did, and the players ratified it. That's on them.

I never would vote for, or even present to my membership, any such thing. The NFLPA did, and the players ratified it. That's on them.

I don't think they had any idea how big of a buffoon Goodell would be when it came to things like this. I think they believed that he would be fair to everyone. Instead he's running around making things up as he goes along. Even lying to make things look better

I don't think they had any idea how big of a buffoon Goodell would be when it came to things like this. I think they believed that he would be fair to everyone. Instead he's running around making things up as he goes along. Even lying to make things look better

So the NFLPA didn't know that an individual can be incompetent and biased? They should have. What if Goodell stepped down before the contract expired? Did they know who would take his place, if they did trust him at the time?

It's been stated that the suspension was based on PED suspensions, as that was the closest thing they could compare it to. So Magnificent Bastard is flat wrong. Brady was punished for cheating. He wasn't punished for "not cooperating".

So the NFLPA didn't know that an individual can be incompetent and biased? They should have. What if Goodell stepped down before the contract expired? Did they know who would take his place, if they did trust him at the time?

You win this one....OBVIOUSLY the NFLPA was dumb to agree to the deal. They have been appropriately burned for having faith in their organization. But does that mean that anytime 'The Enforcer" decides to accuse someone of something, we should all bow down and accept "The Enforcer" levying any punishment he desires no matter how little evidence there is and how many blatant lies "The Enforcer" is caught in?

What if next week he decides to suspend every single player he suspects of using HGH? I can show you pics of these dudes, and I think we can all agree "its more likely than not" they used something illegal....and since this 4 game punishment is based on PEDs, and he has set the bar so low for what is required to determine guilt, may as well. They are the same tier of crime in his eyes. Which is the bigger problem? Which is more dangerous?......................Obviously I'm not advocating this literally. But if he wants to take someone out, precedent is set. A rumor, a nickname, and a player not having texts that prove guilt..that's all you need.

Let me break down the logic of Pats fans.

Goodell lies = bad.

Brady lies = no big deal.

If you read the appeal and what Goodell said. It's clear that Goodell lied. There is no clear cut evidence that Brady lied.

You win this one....OBVIOUSLY the NFLPA was dumb to agree to the deal. They have been appropriately burned for having faith in their organization. But does that mean that anytime 'The Enforcer" decides to accuse someone of something, we should all bow down and accept "The Enforcer" levying any punishment he desires no matter how little evidence there is and how many blatant lies "The Enforcer" is caught in?

What if next week he decides to suspend every single player he suspects of using HGH? I can show you pics of these dudes, and I think we can all agree "its more likely than not" they used something illegal....and since this 4 game punishment is based on PEDs, and he has set the bar so low for what is required to determine guilt, may as well. They are the same tier of crime in his eyes. Which is the bigger problem? Which is more dangerous?......................Obviously I'm not advocating this literally. But if he wants to take someone out, precedent is set. A rumor, a nickname, and a player not having texts that prove guilt..that's all you need.

Well, it's in the hands of someone outside the NFL now. One side is going to be wrong, even though both are in my opinion. If the judge throws it out, I'll be watching the NFL all year long. If he sides with the NFL, I'll be watching all year long.

If you read the appeal and what Goodell said. It's clear that Goodell lied. There is no clear cut evidence that Brady lied.

Goodell coukd be telling the truth for all I care. It's the incompetence that pisses me off. It's just another case of the Peter principle. And whatever stellar reputation Texd Wells had should be gone at this point.

Not me.

The punishment was so far out of bounds and the lies to get to said punishment have left that on the back burner.

What is the penalty for messing with equipment? Oh right, 25k fine.

Actually, that is the minimum fine.

And after inspection, it becomes less about messing with equipment. But you won't agree there. We know that.

What has Brady lied about? When you make your list, I'll need former evidence than "It's just so obvious! They are cheaters! And look at how he has acted!".

Now if you need a list of Goodell's lies, I can point you to articles detailing very specific lies that have been proven as such.

Ive posted it multiple times in this thread.

Again, you bring up the word cheaters...please link to me all the times I have called the Patriots that.

So far...I have shown the lies of Brady several times...you all have very much little more than talk and a leak to mort as your main talking points now.

Sorry that's not a link. The fact is Brady was fully cooperative but wasn't handing his phone over. Nfl didn't like that so they punished him. That's the fact. Transcripts have proven he was fully cooperative.

Thats actually not a fact.

You don't seem to understand that word.

The New England Patriots own your asses.

Red Sox fans didn't even go on about the Yankees this much.

When "A Football Life - New England Patriots The 20 Year Dynasty" airs, the commentary will be like this:

"It was a salary cap era, parity was built into the system - nobody was supposed to win as much as they did"

"Everyone got all lathered up over New England... EVERYTHING they did made headlines - love or hate 'em, they were Americas Team because they SOLD - write something about New England and the internet blew up"

"Opponents just could't accept that New England was simply better - the conspiracy theories were unbelievable, 'they filmed', 'they let air out of the balls', 'they tampered with headphones', 'they secretly filmed walk thrus'... I mean... it was crazy how obsessed and paranoid everyone was of them"

"I don't know... I don't know if the NFL will ever be as popular as it was back in the first decades of the 2000s... but during its most popular era ever, New England ran the show - on the field, off the field - The Patriots WERE the NFL back then"

Really? When was the last time they beat the Packers in a meaningful game?

Matt Flynn at QB?

20 year dynasty? hah!!!!!!

America's team? Thats as funny as when Dalls gave themselves that name.

If the judge throws it out, I'll be watching the NFL all year long. If he sides with the NFL, I'll be watching all year long.

I can't disagree with that really.....BUT...

My first football memory is watching the 49ers and Dolphins Super Bowl with my dad. Then a couple years later when the strike in 1987 happened, my dad was so upset at both sides that he declared he was done with football. He stood by his guns for 25 years....n the past 5 years, my brother and I had kids, and we do Sunday dinner at my parents house every week so the kids can spend time with their grandparents, uncles, aunts, each other, etc. And obviously we want to watch football when there. So he has now started watching again simply because he had to.

I'm not there at the moment, but I'm wondering if a little bit of those genetics are starting to creep in.......There are aspects of this league that are threatening to threaten my ability to enjoy the game with a clear conscious. This particular story wouldn't drive me past any line, but it does lend weight to the idea that the people running things and getting richest being of very low moral fiber. And that is a requirement for all worst case scenarios that could actually make me quit watching NFL football.

You guys still going on this? I thought it was pretty well established that the NFL lied and screwed the pooch on this one

There is plenty just on the phone stuff.

You guys still going on this? I thought it was pretty well established that the NFL lied and screwed the pooch on this one

Only in the minds of Pats fans.

There is plenty just on the phone stuff.

not really... besides some joking around...