Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Katrina And Me....Ten Years Later

I'm going to use this forearm in the next few weeks to write about all the things that happend in the days leading up to her and the days and weeks afterwards that I've been wanting to write about her that I experienced.

The ten year anniversary is days away and I haven't been able to put my thoughts together about that time as of yet, so I am now. This is a place I feel comfortable writing more than any other, so, fawk it. I'm going to have a little bit of fun and ratsass.

Fantastic. Can you talk about the part where more money was wasted on social handouts than the New Deal? And how little we have to show for it? Thanks in advance.

Well, we are 70 feet below sea level, Our economy is based on government handouts and the service sector, We are the unofficial murder capital of the world,And our local government Consist entirely of Corruption And fraud. What could go wrong here?

LAISEZ LE Bon TEMPS ROULEz!

I actually am interested in knowing. Did people who had literally nothing end up with a lot of money from the government because of Katrina? I see where poor people were getting hundreds of thousands of dollars but don't know how true it is

Fantastic. Can you talk about the part where more money was wasted on social handouts than the New Deal? And how little we have to show for it? Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about pre or post Katrina New Orleans?

You know how to not be involved in a hurricane.....shark attacks....earthquakes.....wildfires? move to michigan

Did you get raped in the superdome?

The only thing that got raped in the Super Dome was the Super Dome.

I actually am interested in knowing. Did people who had literally nothing end up with a lot of money from the government because of Katrina? I see where poor people were getting hundreds of thousands of dollars but don't know how true it is

Lol charities are all tax scams, no one ever gets jack.

You know how to not be involved in a hurricane.....shark attacks....earthquakes.....wildfires? move to michigan

Yea but then your involved in a dumpsterfire.

How would I avoid the eventual suicide?

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about pre or post Katrina New Orleans?

Post. I will never forget those images Hundreds of nergoes Running wild through the Galleria with their FEMA debit cards buying essentials like $300 tennis shoes and IPads and gold chains.

Why the hell not? Most of them got free rent for the next three years.

Post. I will never forget those images Hundreds of nergoes Running wild through the Galleria with their FEMA debit cards buying essentials like $300 tennis shoes and IPads and gold chains.

Ipads were not introduced til 2010. But yes, many a pair of Nikes were prob procured while baby formula and water bottles left untouched.

Ipads were not introduced til 2010. But yes, many a pair of Nikes were prob procured while baby formula and water bottles left untouched.

Meant iPods. But you get my point regardless.

How would I avoid the eventual suicide?

You hunt and fish.

Katrina and Sandy, IMHO, exposed FEMA as a black hole for resources. Poorly run, inadequately staffed, just a moribund urbanization that needs a full reboot. If FEMA is our answer to disaster, we are woefully under powered.

What people who had nothing were getting hundreds of thousands of dollars from the government? That's a new one. There were some crooked politicians and their croonies that made some money (most are in jail now). But one who was poor didn't receive large amounts of money from the government because of Katrina.

If you qualified for it, you got a $2000.00 debit card. The majority of the people you are talking about were poor and had never seen that kind of money before. They were very irresponsible but what did you really expect them to do?

I know of wealthy white folks who drive brand new Mercedes Benz's every year that used their $2000.00 FEMA card on designer purses. And these same people with tons of resources evacuated to Disney Land and had the government pay their three week bill. It wasn't just black folks scamming the system.

Look on the bright side. At least the NFL handed you a Super Bowl. :P

Katrina and Sandy, IMHO, exposed FEMA as a black hole for resources. Poorly run, inadequately staffed, just a moribund urbanization that needs a full reboot. If FEMA is our answer to disaster, we are woefully under powered.

You have no idea. It's gotten better though. I heard some of the nightmares that happend post Katrina were ironed out for Sandy. A black hole for resources? If they took all the money they spent on FEMA trailers like buying them, shipping them, hooking up water, plumbing, electricity, acquiring all the permits, repairing them, and all of the administration costs, they could have bought every person that needed one a new house. There's a FEMA trailer graveyard for unused ones.

http://thedailyprep.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/fema-trailers-copy-cmp.jpg

The blue roof waste was unbelievable. If you had roof damage, you could call FEMA and get yourself on a list for a blue roof. You didn't even have to show you had damage. They would send a few guys out and nail a cheap tarp to roof. FEMA paid triple the cost for the tarp, boards, and nails that you and I would. And they paid $15.00 an hour to the guys putting it up. It's estimated that 300,000 dwellings and commercial properties were destroyed in the Gulf region. Add in the ones who had moderate to light damage. Do the math?

:cheers:

USA gets attacked, team named Patriots wins. NO disaster hits, Saints win SB. Hmmm.

USA gets attacked, team named Patriots wins. NO disaster hits, Saints win SB. Hmmm.

Phiily now praying for a zombie apocalypse...

I was sitting at this very desk ten years ago today finishing up a return plan. I knew I'd be busier than I'd ever been in my entire life and wanted to make sure things went somewhat smoothly when (some were saying "if") we returned and got to the business of handling what I was sure would be thousands of claims. Once I finished a plan we should have put in place years ago, I just needed to shut the computer and phone system down and lock this place up. A few hours before, the weather man on channel six was pretty much telling everybody it was time to get the fawk out. Chocolate City and Sh!t For Brains Blanco were noncommittal on anything but the deer in the headlights look they'd had all day. I just happend to look over at the TV and see my Parish President telling us to leave now as It was time to get the fawk out of dodge.. He had an old black lady sign language interpreter furiously signing his message. It reminded me of the old Garrette Moris/Chevey Chase 'News For The Hard Of Hearing' skit on SNL. Chevy: Our top story tonight..... Garrett: Our top story tonight.....
Me: Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow. Which I did. Me and three other die hard golfers decided that if the weather was good, we'd play what would probably be our last round of golf in New Orleans for a long time. I called for a tee time and the guy said "Are you fawking kidding me? Just come out. We'll be open in the morning."

My next priority of the day was booze. Can't have a hurricane party without booze. At that point of the game, the grocery stores had been wiped clean of any all things food and hurricane supplies. Which is a scary sight. Makes you really understand how self reliant we aren't. Anyway, my brother in law was a stock clerk and had put ten cases on the side for me. I was stocked for the time being. It would hopefully be enough till either the lights came back on, our I had to leave if sh!t got really bad.

My next stop was Academy Sports for ammo. My other brother in law loaned me a 357 (wasn't a gun owner at the time) but he didn't have any ammo. When I got to the gun section, they had it roped off and advised anyone who needed ammo that they could not sell them any. We were told to try the gun shops and other sporting goods store. The gun shops were only selling to customers they knew and the other sorting goods stores stopped selling them also. The rumor was, police were asking them to stop selling ammo because gangsters were buying them all up. This would unfortunately turn out to be true. The following night before landfall when they realized how serious the storm was going to be, Jefferson Parish sent deputies to anywhere ammo and guns were sold. They broke into gun stores, pawn shops, and all of the sporting goods stores. They took a detailed inventory of everything gun and ammo related so they could either return it, or use it if they needed to. And as they expected, all of the gun and ammo shops had been broken into. It was a good call on their part. They eventually did return everything they inventoried and it kept the streets safer for them. But I was without ammo. I made a couple of calls and was able to score a box and a shotgun. I could now feel safe knowing that I could drink hot beer and protect my home in 175 mile winds. Woooo fawking wooooo!!!

When I got home, my wifey was a basket case. She's been on the phone all day with all the other hens and was convinced we were all going to die. Her mom, mom, all her aunts, sisters, couisons, everybody over the age of the age of eighteen who had a bagina was in full panic mode. She asked me the same questions over and over. Do we have enough gas? Whay aren't you boarding up (because if this thing is as big as they it is, boards aren't doing much and we have great insurance) and, I don't care what you say, you are not staying. I'll divorce you, if you live. The phone would ring and another hen would get her feathers riled up. And she'd continue to clean things she'd had cleaned five times already that day. One of the weird phenomenons, maybe not a phenomenon, but women who were waiting to evacuate or see what the storm was going to do, cleaned every inch of their house even though they were saying how bad this storm was going to be. Some, like my wife and mother in law,multiple times. It was nervous-crazy energy that only wemen posses. After the storm, I went into many homes and saw it in homes that had eight feet of water in them. I saw and heard countless stories of people going into bedrooms and seeing the beds still made. They wrapped the sheets so tight when they made them, that the beds floated up and then back down and remained made.

So after I told her I was playing golf in the morning and there was nothing she could say or do stop me, (she should have hid my clubs but wemens don't think with that kind of logic) I went to my shed and listened to the local news reports on the radio. the winds were starting to blow and you could feel the pressure dropping already. Chocolate Mayor still hadn't declared an evacuation.

• Like 1

Phiily now praying for a zombie apocalypse...

Nah. They've had a team full of walking dead since their NFL championship in 1960.

I remember the Houston Chronicle did a story Wherein They stated that there was a 21% increase in homicides In Houston Since the Katrina evacuations. In almost every single case They could track the incremental increase in homicides To a new orleans victim And or resident.

That's a fantastic place. All the hookers, druggies, and gang bangers Who didn't have the wherewithal, or means To leave that crap hole city Until they were forcibly evacuated ended up in Houston. The city has never been the same since. Overnight seemingly, our homeless went from seemingly benevolent to Bat s*** crazy and violent.

I remember Houston had to host the Pride Festival. That was such a n***** fest That Even the City of Houston said nevever again, But, of course, you could never talk about it openly.

Even my friends here in Colorado Had their church Host Half a dozen black families from New Orleans. In every single case, it went horribly. You can remove the trash from the gutter But it still remains trash.

Hey, while you are at it, can you update us as to Mayor nagins vision of a chocolate city? Because that's not racist at all. And along the way, could you update us as to what he's doing now? Thanks in advance!

So, I honestly forget, Did we have to send in the National Guard to prevent looting After hurricane Sandy?

Hey, while you are at it, can you update us as to Mayor nagins vision of a chocolate city? Because that's not racist at all. And along the way, could you update us as to what he's doing now? Thanks in advance!

He's serving ten years in the federal Pookie for accepting gifts for contracts. I liked Nagin prior to Katrina. Black leaders called him Ray Reagan.Im glad he's where he is at today.

So, I honestly forget, Did we have to send in the National Guard to prevent looting After hurricane Sandy?

NYPD wasn't having any nonsense.

NYPD wasn't having any nonsense.

NYPD didn't have the lack of police like we did. 2400 paid officers serving 400,000 residents aren't good odds for them. Throw in the fact that 80% of the city was under water and there was zero communication between them to effectively do their job, you have a recipe for disaster. They needed all the help they could receive. Including the guard.

And never mind the fact that New Orleans had a domicile program in place that all NOPD officers had to live in Orleans Parish. They lost everything also. Their heart was in their job. Can't imagine it was easy trying to take care of the city and their families by themselves while getting shot at trying to do their Fawking jobs.

Shot at by whom exactly?

Gangsters and thugs from the Uptown areas and areas around them. The bad element of the city that ran the streets: White collar types and their wives who sold Mary K cosmetics door to door. :rollseyes:

I'll get into who made the city chaotic in the days to come. I'm going by a timeline ,sir.

Gfiafp wasn't constantly interrupted to make the obvious point of who the trashy element was.

You do know we can't interrupt him while he types in another state, right?