Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bills are concerned that Lesean McCoy may not be fully ready for Week 1,

Per Schefty

Bills are concerned that Lesean McCoy may not be fully ready for Week 1, per @JosinaAnderson.

....so, they let Fred Jackson go. Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum up there.

....so, they let Fred Jackson go. Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum up there.

yep... this was the first of what will probably be many head scratchers from Rex Ryan

So lets cut Fred and promote EJ who had one foot out the door before making a couple nice preseason throws. Smart.

yep... this was the first of what will probably be many head scratchers from Rex Ryan

The reports are that it was the GM who made the move, without consulting anyone else.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/01/report-bills-g-m-went-rogue-in-cutting-fred-jackson/

As the Bills move on from running back Fred Jackson, it’s possible that the move resulted from the actions of one specific person in the organization.

Citing two unnamed sources, Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that Bills G.M. Doug Whaley “went rogue” in cutting the veteran tailback.

As a source with knowledge of the situation explained it to PFT on Monday, it’s believed Whaley had wanted to cut Jackson since March, and that Whaley preferred Bryce Brown to Jackson. As PFT reported on Wednesday, Jackson would have “done anything” to stay with the team, but he never got the chance to take a pay cut or to make other concessions.

For the sake of everyone who draft McCoy, hopefully this is just Rex making the GM sweat for cutting Jackson.

Easy to blame Rex but probably mistaken. This looks like the work of the GM Whaley doing a salary dump. Hard choices. Looks like they are pondering dumping Cassell too.

I asked this in the FJAX thread because I always believed there would be no way McCoy would play Week 1...who is the handcuff here? A lot of people think Karlos Williams but he's nursing a bit of an unknown injury at the moment. Is Bryce Brown the guy?! The Bills have a nice matchup vs the Colts and if McCoy is indeed out whoever takes his place could be a very sneaky play in daily and weekly leagues.

-Signed a Le'veon Bell owner in desperate need of a RB for Week 1

Per Schefty

Bills are concerned that Lesean McCoy may not be fully ready for Week 1, per @JosinaAnderson.

Didn't need Shefty to report that. When he limped off the field it was pretty obvious week one was in doubt big time. Even if he goes would you want to start him? I wouldn't.

The reports are that it was the GM who made the move, without consulting anyone else.

I still blame Rex :). This was not one of which will be many head scratchers from Rex Ryan.

For the sake of everyone who draft McCoy, hopefully this is just Rex making the GM sweat for cutting Jackson.

Yup, that was the first thing I thought as well. The timing suggest as much, anyway.

I am sensing a smokescreen. Rex said he wanted to keep the starting QB a secret to keep Indy in the dark - but relented because he didn't want his players being badgered the next two weeks about who the qb is. Now, he has moved onto keeping Indy in the dark about who the RB will be.

Also, I am on board for the bonus of making Whaley sweat for his decision to cut Freddy.

I draft Monday and play in a keeper league. I have McCoy as an option and would surrender pick 3.9 to keep him. Seems like good value. Thinking of a WR/WR start so he, technically, would be my RB1. Thoughts?

I saw an article that the GM went rogue on that one. WTF how does that happen. Why the wouldn't they keep Jackson for depth? I'm sure his contract couldn't be that much of an issue.

As for Shady, where was he drafted in your leagues?

In my league he wasn't drafted until midway through the 3rd round. He was the 9th RB taken overall.

I draft Monday and play in a keeper league. I have McCoy as an option and would surrender pick 3.9 to keep him. Seems like good value. Thinking of a WR/WR start so he, technically, would be my RB1. Thoughts?

Do it. McCoy owners should rejoice in Tyrod winning the QB job. Running QBs help RBs - just ask Alf circa RG3's good year.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in the McCoy rumors of not playing. The guy has played 2 straight years, he is not starting off his Rex time by nursing a hammy, that would make Chip look good. McCoy will be out there and he will tear up Indy.

I agree. Rex wouldnt have made this move.

if there is one thing he likes is a solid run game. He doesnt know Jack about the pass game and coaching QB's but he knows his run game, he likes veteran RB's and he knows how to put together a good defense.

This just doesnt smell like one of his moves.