Sign in to follow this  
The Next Generation

Terrance Williams

I think this guy is consistently being undervalued. He had 8 TDs last year and had, by all reports, a great off-season and is in his 3rd Yr (3 yr WR anyone?). I think he is poised for double-digit TDs this year and several long TDs (if you get bonuses for them like I do) yet is only ranked as the 41st WR with 6 projected TDs. Dez will get his, but 16 is unlikely again. and, with the running game in flux, I see BIG things for him this year. What say you?

I think this guy is consistently being undervalued. He had 8 TDs last year and had, by all reports, a great off-season and is in his 3rd Yr (3 yr WR anyone?). I think he is poised for double-digit TDs this year and several long TDs (if you get bonuses for them like I do) yet is only ranked as the 41st WR with 6 projected TDs. Dez will get his, but 16 is unlikely again. and, with the running game in flux, I see BIG things for him this year. What say you?

I could see it... as long as he is able to put everything together. As a Dallas homer, he is one of the most frustrating WRs to watch... He makes some amazing catches when called upon (unreal seattle toe dragging grab). But then has some pretty routine drops and bizarre route miscues. I can't speak to his work ethic, but from what is seen on the field it looks like he can lose focus, and doesn't quite have the trust like Dez or Witten has.

I agree that he may have to take a big leap forward, as i see the cowboys' D and running game have huge ???s this year. I look for him or Beasley to rake...

Think he will be what he has been .

He is a decent #4 to have, but he will never be consistent enough to be a wr2. Probably not even a wr3. He is one of my least favorite receivers in the NFL.

I think this guy is consistently being undervalued.

I thought the same thing last year when I drafted him.

Then I realized he was just terribly inconsistent.

He could be of value in certain leagues but in most he will hold little value. Only gets a couple catches a game so terrible in PPR and even in most standard leagues he will be far too incondistent to justify anything but a desperation start.

Part of T-Dub's problem here has been his inability to run good routes. It's driven both coaches and Romo a bit crazy.. Word is he's improved with an impressive camp - we will see.

I drafted him as my 4th WR. Right now he's a hold just to see what he does, but I feel like there is a lot of upside with that pick.

He is going to have a couple of games where he gets a td and in ppr he his awful

Think he will be what he has been .

But Jean Paul Sartre would say that we are each a combination of what we have been AND what we 'are not yet'. It is this conflict between our facticity and our transcendence that leads us into Bad Faith, against which...

Nah, Williams is pretty much gonna repeat last year.

I think it depends on the running game. If Randle/McFadden/Michael can combine for even 80-90% of what Murray did last year, Williams won't have much value. If the running game flounders and Romo has to air it out, Williams likely will be startable.

Dallas fan here. Willaims is a modern day Alvin Harper. Now he is a better WR. But plays the Alvin Harper role in Dallas. Harper was faster and a high jumper in college but Williams is a MUCH better well rounded WR.

Speed and jumping ability would be apart of makes up a wr , and Harper was faster and a better jumper but Some how Williams is a better more rounded wr .

Speed and jumping ability would be apart of makes up a wr , and Harper was faster and a better jumper but Some how Williams is a better more rounded wr .

harper ran a 4.42 hand time

williams ran a 4.51 e-time

williams is substantially faster.

harper ran a 4.42 hand time

williams ran a 4.51 e-time

williams is substantially faster.

So now Williams is faster and the other guy says Harper is faster , anyone else have ?

So now Williams is faster and the other guy says Harper is faster , anyone else have ?

i don't know if people understand the significance of hand times vice e-times. just looking at the numbers, it would be easy to assume that harper was faster. but a 4.4 hand time is 4.6+ on accutrack.

edit: also IIRC, harper's 4.42 was on the valley ranch track, which is notoriously fast. ace wright ran a 4.09 on that track.

Dallas fan here. Willaims is a modern day Alvin Harper. Now he is a better WR. But plays the Alvin Harper role in Dallas. Harper was faster and a high jumper in college but Williams is a MUCH better well rounded WR.

This person was talking about Harper and Williams and said that Harper was faster and was a better jumper , so my question is a wr has three things going for him , his hands his speed and his jumping ability , and in this person opinion Harper was better in both speed and was a better jumper but somehow Williams is the more rounded wr , so I was wondering how in his opinion Williams is more rounded when Harper in is opinion was faster and a better jumper . As for forty times I really don't care .

I heard him in an interview last month say that he took plays off last yr, has learned from it and will be a better player. Whether he gets enough looks to be fantasy relevant every wk...idk

This person was talking about Harper and Williams and said that Harper was faster and was a better jumper , so my question is a wr has three things going for him , his hands his speed and his jumping ability , and in this person opinion Harper was better in both speed and was a better jumper but somehow Williams is the more rounded wr , so I was wondering how in his opinion Williams is more rounded when Harper in is opinion was faster and a better jumper . As for forty times I really don't care .

Neing a football fan. I know you realize that more than physical measurables make a WR. DO you agree. On one end look at Heyward-bey and the other look at Jerry Rice. So yes Harper was a track star in college. Was the deep threat on the other side of Irvin. Fast and could jump. But was mainly a post and go route guy. Williams can do all the routes he could be a lead WR on a team. Harper could not.....remember when he went to Tampa?

Interesting takes here, thanks for the feedback! I think he has matured (based on the off-season reports) and being a 3rd year WR who had 8 TDs last year (reg season, 11 overall including playoffs) bodes very well for him. I agree PPR he is not nearly as attractive as he seems like M Bryant in that he gets his off of low volume (everyone LOVES Martavis but not Terrance...hmmm). Still, he dedicated himself to the whole route tree and will score long TDs. For me, he is a Flex in a 14-team league that is TD heavy and gives bonus for long TDs. In that format, I think he'll be golden this year. Doesn't hurt that I have Romo as my QB either as the double-dips will be nice. I'm thinking Dez gets about 13-14 TDs while T Wil gets 10-11.

I'm not sure where the comparisons from Harper to Williams are coming from... But from somebody who saw every play of each wearing a Star - they are 2 different wrs.

Harper was not only a bit taller at 6'3" - but he was a bigger body. A bigger body that had the ability to go up and get the ball.. As far as his speed - Alvin was not a burner. In fact, he was average at best - certainly slower than Williams.... Another thing I remember about Harper is that he rarely dropped the routine ball - as Williams has shown time and time again.... I think T Dub will be fine, I think he's dedicated this offseason to his route running and being more reliable... He better be if he wants to see any balls - bcoz Beasely has quickly gained the trust of Romo and Linehan.

I'm more interested in seeing how Beasley develops this season.

Lol... Beasley has developed a cult status here in Dallas. Reminds me of ex-Ranger Rusty Greer from back in the day. Everytime I see Beasley out there I keep thinking the little smurf is going to get smushed like a june bug. But he just keeps making plays.

• Like 1

Lol... Beasley has developed a cult status here in Dallas. Reminds me of ex-Ranger Rusty Greer from back in the day. Everytime I see Beasley out there I keep thinking the little smurf is going to get smushed like a june bug. But he just keeps making plays.

Difference between the two - Rusty often didn't get up.... I loved Greer like everyone else - but damn, he was always hurt.

Siernsong. HOw is a 4.51 faster than a 4.42? lol

let's see if we can find an answer to that question in this very thread...

i don't know if people understand the significance of hand times vice e-times. just looking at the numbers, it would be easy to assume that harper was faster. but a 4.4 hand time is 4.6+ on accutrack.

edit: also IIRC, harper's 4.42 was on the valley ranch track, which is notoriously fast. ace wright ran a 4.09 on that track.

Neing a football fan. I know you realize that more than physical measurables make a WR. DO you agree. On one end look at Heyward-bey and the other look at Jerry Rice. So yes Harper was a track star in college. Was the deep threat on the other side of Irvin. Fast and could jump. But was mainly a post and go route guy. Williams can do all the routes he could be a lead WR on a team. Harper could not.....remember when he went to Tampa?

What would happen to Williams if he went to Tampa ?

What would happen to Williams if he went to Tampa ?

we'll probably find out. not necessarily with tampa, but williams is in danger of playing his way out of dallas. as with harper and robinson, someone is going to be willing to pay him WR1 money, and DAL won't match.

As a third year WR, I like his chances to take the next step.

what I'm not keen on hearing is that he took plays off. This is a character flag for me.

dont get me wrong, there are lots of players who would take plays off that turned out to be fantasy studs (ie. Randy Moss)

but those players come with additional baggage, and can sometimes lead to benching and such. (which makes them less reliable in my eyes)

That being said, there was considerable risk here without the character concerns. These character concerns just make a risky pick somewhat more risky.

he has upside for sure, but my best advice is this:

do not overpay to get him.

drafting him as a WR2 or WR3 is risky. drafting as a WR4 or WR5 isnt too bad.

what I'm not keen on hearing is that he took plays off. This is a character flag for me.

on another note, it's incredibly stupid when romo is under center.

about a month ago, a local reporter was asking romo what kinds of plays he wanted to be remembered for--the dazzling escapes...the brilliant improvisations...what? romo replied that more than any other passer skill, he wanted to be remembered as the guy who could go through a 5 receiver progression in 1.3 seconds, and get the ball to the right guy.

romo has always made his living working down the progression, and he gets furious when 'backside' guys aren't where they're supposed to be. rumor is that he got really blunt with williams, and said "this is why i don't trust you". williams took it seriously, and absolutely busted his ass in the offseason.

we'll see how it shakes out on the field.

• Like 1

we'll probably find out. not necessarily with tampa, but williams is in danger of playing his way out of dallas. as with harper and robinson, someone is going to be willing to pay him WR1 money, and DAL won't match.

No one is going to pay him number one wr money .

we'll see. if he stacks another high-TD season on top of 2014, he'll get some long looks. top 20 WR salaries start at $5.5M (royal, CHI), and there are more than a few teams with garage sale WRs.

NFL history is littered with number 2 (or lower) WRs getting a big free agent contract, then bombing. Harper and Robinson. TJ Houshmandzadeh and Peerless Price. Just to name a few.

If Williams puts up 800 yards and 8 TDs, someone's going to gamble he can take the next step for them.

I agree he is under appreciated. His numbers should be quite sufficient. I think many, like me, look for the sexy unknown rookies like Dorsett or Lockett much more. We may be wrong here if we think Williams is inferior.

40 red and 600 yards a season number one wr . He is at best in a non ppr league worth a wr 3 spot and not even worth a pick in most ppr leagues .