Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Lions at Seahawks: In-Game Discussion

Can't believe I'm probably dropping Golden Tate after this game...

Lions OC + Stafford = nightmare

What's the over/under on games before Caldwell is fired?

Screen for 20-30 yds in garbage time.... Still hope.

Hawks know Stafford can't throw upfield anymore. All he does is dump off and overthrow.

Hawks offense is garbage right now. Can only work on the bottom 5 defenses in the league. Otherwise the o-line is completely overwhelmed. Can't rely on Wilson playing sandlot football for almost every positive pass play.

You know, maybe hand the ball off when you up 10 in the 4th quarter? Seems like he just trying to make something happen every play.

Hawks know Stafford can't throw upfield anymore. All he does is dump off and overthrow.

It's not even that. Negatron can't go deep anymore, and the Taint of Gold has always stank.

Wow. The bad thing for CJ to do was try to reach out & score. 1st and goal at the 1 with a chance to kill the clock would have been better. Unreal.

Calvin TD would have won my game this week by 1 point to take me to 4-0. Mother Fock.

Similar situation here, I was up by less than a point in one of my leagues with Calvin in before that last catch and fumble. Lost by less than a point.

I could not understand why they didn't review the turnover as the batting was obvious, but they did not show it on replay at all.

Agreed: ...and the zebra was at the back of the end zone and saw it clear as day. The Hawks should have been penalized 1/2 the distance.

I wanna see a coach raise hell and call out the NFL and demand a replay from there on. Someone brought up a good point.

There are jobs on the line. 0-4 vs 1-3 huge win on the road against Seattle is a big difference. Momentum and all.

I don't know if that is even reviewed. Profootballtalk had a story earlier in the week on the dumbest rule in football potentially being reviewed. The rule is the fumble out of the end zone. Guess you will see a rule change now.

I wanna see a coach raise hell and call out the NFL and demand a replay from there on. Someone brought up a good point.

There are jobs on the line. 0-4 vs 1-3 huge win on the road against Seattle is a big difference. Momentum and all.

The rules don't allow for a replay from that point.

Did you see Caldwell in the pressed? That guy wouldn't call someone out for banging his wife.

The rules don't allow for a replay from that point.

Did you see Caldwell in the pressed? That guy wouldn't call someone out for banging his wife.

:lol: You're right! Hahaha.

It was upsetting how passive he was. He was like big deal, were 0-4 and I might get canned but too bad they didn't call it. Mistakes happen.

The term "not reviewable" is ruining pro football.

GET THE CALLS RIGHT AT ALL COSTS, DICKWADS.

And that back judge should be fired. Or fined. Or run through the coals in the media til he's shamed enough to resign. You were staring at that bat like you were watching Scarlett Johansson on her knees pulling down your zipper and still didn't get the call right. And then you had a chance to conference and still didn't get it right. Idiots, all of them.

• Like 1

1: if the Seattle defender didn't bat it out he could've simply caught it off the bounce...it was chest high and right in front of him.

2: there wasn't a Lion close enought to have a realistic chance of recovering it.

3: the ball was going out of the end zone on its own anyway.

By not making the technically 'correct' call the ref actually let the game play out on its own.

1: if the Seattle defender didn't bat it out he could've simply caught it off the bounce...it was chest high and right in front of him.

2: there wasn't a Lion close enought to have a realistic chance of recovering it.

By not making the technically 'correct' call the ref actually let the game play out on its own.

Rules are rules. It's not an interpretive dance competition.

• Like 1

Thats not how it works.

there's no way that's guaranteed. the ball isn't a sphere.

it bounced up to his chest level. the next bounce could have been back towards the goal line.

And refs don't need to call defensive holding penalties on teams playing SF either, because they know Kaep isn't going to complete those passes anyway, right?...

And refs don't need to call defensive holding penalties on teams playing SF either, because they know Kaep isn't going to complete those passes anyway, right?...

That's different. Because all Kaep is hoping for is a flag. Even he knows he ain't hitting shite. :)

That's different. Because all Kaep is hoping for is a flag. Even he knows he ain't hitting his own teammates :)

Fixed

Can anyone honestly think the ball should've gone back to Detroit after CJ fumbles before scoring? The non-call was the least impactful decision the refs could've made. Let the players play, right?