Sign in to follow this  
worm

Vernon Davis traded to Denver

Who? He is a slight upgrade to Daniels, prob not even as good as Virgil Green. Peaked a few years ago, cant catch.

Who? Slight upgrade to Daniels, prob not even as good as Virgil Green. Peaked a few years ago, cant catch.

Not sure I concur, even noodle armed Peyton is an upgrade over Kap

Who? Slight upgrade to Daniels, prob not even as good as Virgil Green. Peaked a few years ago, cant catch.

How on earth is this news an upgrade for Daniels?

Daniels has been poor.

Sighh, I meant Davis is a slight upgrade over Daniels, not that Daniels gets an upgrade. Edited for clarity.

Grab him unless you have a top-5 TE. He can still play, and they are bring him in for a reason.

Grab him unless you have a top-5 TE. He can still play, and they are bring him in for a reason.

Coming out of college he was considered the best blocking and receiving TE in college out of Maryland. At the combine he ran a 4.38 40yd dash. If he is stil explosive the broncos may have picked up a gem. He could never flourish at SF. This could be very interesting come playoff time.

I am set in all leagues. I would grab him if I didn't. Just in case he makes him great. Look what he did for Julius

I think he is worth a spot. It might take a few weeks but if he picks up the offense he will be a better option than several TEs that are being used this year. Manning uses the TE and there will be space available in the center of the field as defenses concentrate on Sanders and DT.

Coming out of college he was considered the best blocking and receiving TE in college out of Maryland. At the combine he ran a 4.38 40yd dash. If he is stil explosive the broncos may have picked up a gem. He could never flourish at SF. This could be very interesting come playoff time.

Oh man, the guy was a freak coming out. Big, fast, smart. People couldn't say enough about him. 10'8" broad jump and a 42" vertical, one of the best combines ever. He pissed off Singletary, maybe had some early attitude problems. Never quite turned into the guy he could have, although you'd see flashes, a couple of good seasons.

I kinda hope he can have a good end to his career with Denver. He had to put up with a lot of bad QBing over the years. (usual caveat that a lot of Alex Smith's troubles were traceable to regime change etc etc).