Sign in to follow this  
PRuggs

Must Own RB backup...Rest of season

With Bell and Forte going down this week, guys like Williams and Langford became must adds.

To me, it seems like late season RB backups who come in after week 8 tend to be the difference makers year after year.

Who is everyone banking on to be a week 10-16 late season wonder due to injury?

Right now I'm targeting guys like:

Karlos Williams

CJ Spiller

Coleman

What is your must have backups?

Coleman

Spiller . K Robinson is out so I think spiller will get even more involved .

Im grabbing Starks this week after someone dropped him.

Sucks having a good record, you miss out on every single good back. So now im speculative waiver adding backs....blows

I was about to ask about this very topic. What would you do in this scenario, I have McCoy and Coleman but not Karlos. I do not have Freeman so I'm not protecting myself by having Coleman and unfortunately I can't pickup Karlos and keep Coleman. Soooo, would you drop Coleman and handcuff McCoy with Karlos or is Coleman too much of a lotto ticket? I already tried trading Coleman with no success.

In my humble opinion, the correct answer is Giovani Bernard.

Gio's really out-performing Jeremy Hill this season, reversing last year's performance levels. If Jeremy Hill goes down, Gio could be a major key to winning fantasy titles in 2015.

In my humble opinion, the correct answer is Giovani Bernard.

Gio's really out-performing Jeremy Hill this season, reversing last year's performance levels. If Jeremy Hill goes down, Gio could be a major key to winning fantasy titles in 2015.

Would think that Bernard is not available in any leagues

Now you guys have me thinking, I have starks and darkwa as my lotto tickets but coleman is out there. Would any of you drop either of those two for coleman?

Spiller is gone, bernard obviously gone, k williams gone,

Right now I think Spiller has a nice path to being a big time late season lottery ticket. Ingram runs hard and has been prone to injuries during his career. If Ingram was to go down it would be Spiller all by himself with a nice schedule in front of him.

In my leagues both DWill and Langford were gone. Lotto backups people have cashed in on.

I would think in most leagues Gio and Coleman, RMurray and even CMike are stashed already.

One league of mine does have Spiller and Starks just hit the wire. Both are tempting (but I have good RBs in this shallow league and it costs to transact).

One long shot addition for deeper leagues is A Bradshaw. I think if/when Gore goes down, A Bradshaw gets a full time gig and should give similar production to Gore.

Buck Allen looks really good the 3 or 4 touches he gets. Looks big with good burst and hands.

IF Forsett ever gets banged up he'd be an instant RB2 if not more IMO.

Now you guys have me thinking, I have starks and darkwa as my lotto tickets but coleman is out there. Would any of you drop either of those two for coleman?

Spiller is gone, bernard obviously gone, k williams gone,

Darkwa with no hesitation .

Want to know the last time a Giants running back under Coughlin averaged more then 16 carries a game? 2006. That guy had a twin. That's a RBBC regardless of how well Darkwa may perform with his 12 touches.

• Like 1

Want to know the last time a Giants running back under Coughlin averaged more then 16 carries a game? 2006. That guy had a twin. That's a RBBC regardless of how well Darkwa may perform with his 12 touches.

well, some noob dropped nate washington so I dumped darkwa and jumped on it, now my only choice is starks. I'll never start starks, I have D Williams Yeldon and D lewis, so I already have 2 starters regardless of bye's, so this is my late season flyer who could make or break my play offs, now I don't know what to do.

I agree that why i would let him go

well, some noob dropped nate washington so I dumped darkwa and jumped on it, now my only choice is starks. I'll never start starks, I have D Williams Yeldon and D lewis, so I already have 2 starters regardless of bye's, so this is my late season flyer who could make or break my play offs, now I don't know what to do.

If you're already a lock for the playoffs then save your waiver priority for when it will matter. There are always one or two players which necessitate a start during those final few weeks. Throwing darts at the board right now in hopes of landing a lottery ticket two months from now is silly.

Holding the better waiver position against your playoff opponent is way more critical.

EDIT: I just looked at your signature and it appears your league has a 9 (!) player bench. This further reinforces my point. Your entire league is stashing players – the last guy to flinch will benefit most. That said, it's probably entirely moot for you. Once you clear the BYES, (you essentially have) the possibility there will be a player not already rostered that will come on during the remaining 7 games better then the ones you have rostered is extremely small. If anything you should be packaging one of those 3 TE1's you have with a WR to find a warm weather or dome QB not named Bortles. Taylor's fantasy playoff schedule is no bueno.

Spiller can kiss my ass. Buffalo fans know he is fantasy poison.

• Like 1

If you're already a lock for the playoffs then save your waiver priority for when it will matter. There are always one or two players which necessitate a start during those final few weeks. Throwing darts at the board right now in hopes of landing a lottery ticket two months from now is silly.

Holding the better waiver position against your playoff opponent is way more critical.

There is no waiver priority, it's worst to first week to week. There is nothing to save.

Spiller can kiss my ass. Buffalo fans know he is fantasy poison.

yup, bills homer, didn't draft him, haven't even considered him but of course someone had him rostered. We're all from buffalo.

yup, bills homer, didn't draft him, haven't even considered him but of course someone had him rostered. We're all from buffalo.

Freddy Jackson was drafted and is still rostered in our league, what does that tell ya? lol

Spiller is on my DND list every year. I've never seen people in drafts get so jacked about a player who has never done a damn thing. Like "OMG I GOT Spiller!". "This late in the draft? Holy crap man good pick!". Whatever.

How would you feel about this group of RB going forward on your team: 12 team redraft half a point Per reception no flex start three WR TE optional

Gio

Blount

Blue

Langford

Duke

I was about to ask about this very topic. What would you do in this scenario, I have McCoy and Coleman but not Karlos. I do not have Freeman so I'm not protecting myself by having Coleman and unfortunately I can't pickup Karlos and keep Coleman. Soooo, would you drop Coleman and handcuff McCoy with Karlos or is Coleman too much of a lotto ticket? I already tried trading Coleman with no success.

Yes, drop Coleman for Karlos because you have McCoy and don't have Freeman.

I can't find any sites with updated fantasy handcuffs, let's try to come up with the best ones. Off the top of my head, I got Coleman and Karlos Williams. I'm not crazy about Spiller's 3.9 ypc and Payton's not giving RBs full workloads so I'd have a starting CJ Spiller (w/ ingram injured) being an RB3, so I wouldn't drop a guy like Danny Woodhead to handcuff with Spiller. I'm curious if they'll work in a new power back to spell Ingram here and there, I'm sure they will. Whoever that is might even be a better handcuff than Spiller who's role might stay the same as a satellite player even if Ingram goes down.

Charles Simms is a must own with Martin's injury history. Not a bad desperation PPR bye week fill in now.Running pretty well and looks great in passing game. Should get heavy load if Martin went down. Probably wouldn't get get all Martin's work load, thinking Rainey would get a bit more play than Simms is now,but still be a great option.

• Like 1

Charles Simms is a must own with Martin's injury history. Not a bad desperation PPR bye week fill in now.Running pretty well and looks great in passing game. Should get heavy load if Martin went down. Probably wouldn't get get all Martin's work load, thinking Rainey would get a bit more play than Simms is now,but still be a great option.

Nice

I'm thinking Abdullah could be sneaky in fantasy playoffs, has good sched then, and lions may be in pure let's evaluate our young players by then. he was dropped in my league.

would rather own Riddick over Abdullah

• Like 1

I'm thinking Abdullah could be sneaky in fantasy playoffs, has good sched then, and lions may be in pure let's evaluate our young players by then. he was dropped in my league.

I picked up Joique Bell last week.

I like Abdullah, but his fumbling problems will keep him off the field.

I predicted that he'd lose his job once Bell got healthy (due to the fumbling) and then when the OC got canned I was pretty sure Bell would get a shot at his old job. The numbers were not huge last year, but the offense as a whole seemed to run better last year when he was the starter.

the New OC will want to make some changes, and this is an area that hasnt really performed up to expectations.

the simple solution is to go back to what worked to see if that will solve the problems.

in limited carries (due to playing from behind) Bell looked pretty deceint last week.

I think they will give him(bell) another week with an increased workload to see what happens. I think he will be the starter moving forward.

Agree with bell for next month but when the lions are 2-12 why wouldn't they play Abdullah?

Spiller is on my DND list every year. I've never seen people in drafts get so jacked about a player who has never done a damn thing. Like "OMG I GOT Spiller!". "This late in the draft? Holy crap man good pick!". Whatever.

Never done a damn thing? I think Spiller has had a huge season before. It comes down to being on a good offense and being the only man left standing. That is the equation for a late season lottery ticket and the reason that Darkwa couldn't qualify.

Agree with bell for next month but when the lions are 2-12 why wouldn't they play Abdullah?

If he continues to put the ball on the ground, his butt will be solidly glued to the bench.

The coach will sit him to send a message to anyone on his team that Fumbling is not acceptable.

If he solves the fumbling issue, then yes, they may increase his playing time. But you also need to keep one thing in mind.....

fumbling or not, Abdullahs numbers were not great so far this year. in all games played, he has not exceeded 50 yards rushing. If he wants to start, he needs to be better than this.

Definitely Coleman, at least that's how I feel as a Freeman owner. Unfortunately someone in my league has him. I was lucky enough to have the #1 waiver when Forte went down, so I got Langford.