Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 10 Waiver Wire RB's

RB's continue to be a weekly M.A.S.H. unit.

-Karlos Williams. All this guy does is produce. 110 rushing yards and 2 TD's...on 9 carries. McCoy says he will be back Thursday, and looked great today, but Karlos is a potential stud down the stretch with Tyrod and Sammy back. I am kicking myself for not rostering him in one league where he was available. His 3rd career concussion gave me pause.

-Shane Draughn? Looked pretty good in relief of Hyde. He was the one of three (PT and Gaskins) that I least expected to produce. Figures.

-James Starks. Lacy just isn't getting it done, and now has a groin injury. Too many bacon cheeseburgers? Starks looks fresh and quick....just what the Packs need.

-Marcel Reece/Taiwan Jones/Roy Helu? If LMurray misses a lot of time, one of these guys is gonna be worth owning in that revamped offense.

-David Cobb. Coming back next week. Yes, Andrews looked pretty good today, but Cobb could overtake him at some point. One would think that he is the more talented RB of the two.

-Bolden/White. With Dion Lewis out, one of these guys has a chance to put up #'s....good luck deciding which.

-Bradshaw. Indy seems to be back on track, and with a much easier schedule after the bye. Caught a TD today......and we remember what he did last season in that offense.

I am sure I am forgetting some....

• Like 2

-James Starks. Lacy just isn't getting it done, and now has a groin injury. Too many bacon cheeseburgers? Starks looks fresh and quick....just what the Packs need.

-Marcel Reece/Taiwan Jones/Roy Helu? If LMurray misses a lot of time, one of these guys is gonna be worth owning in that

-Bradshaw. Indy seems to be back on track, and with a much easier schedule after the bye. Caught a TD today......and we remember what he did last season in that offense.

I would love to see the pack sit lacy for a few games or shut him down if he is hurt. give starks the full time role and see how he can do.

it wI'll be Reece in Oakland. he is a Swiss army knife that can rush and catch. he is their safety net when rbs go down.

as far as Bradshaw goes keep in mind that .Rob" Chudzinski was gores oc in college and in his first game as his pro oc he gave him 28 rushes which is a season high.

-Karlos Williams. All this guy does is produce. 110 rushing yards and 2 TD's...on 9 carries. McCoy says he will be back Thursday, and looked great today, but Karlos is a potential stud down the stretch with Tyrod and Sammy back. I am kicking myself for not rostering him in one league where he was available. His 3rd career concussion gave me pause.

-Shane Draughn? Looked pretty good in relief of Hyde. He was the one of three (PT and Gaskins) that I least expected to produce. Figures.

-Marcel Reece/Taiwan Jones/Roy Helu? If LMurray misses a lot of time, one of these guys is gonna be worth owning in that revamped offense.

-David Cobb. Coming back next week. Yes, Andrews looked pretty good today, but Cobb could overtake him at some point. One would think that he is the more talented RB of the two.

-Bolden/White. With Dion Lewis out, one of these guys has a chance to put up #'s....good luck deciding which.

This pre season brandon bolden looked so slow. Like he shouldnt even be in the nfl.

Karlos should be owned in every league.

If Starks is avail he should be top pickup this week

Both of them are owned in my league.

Pretty tough after them. Cobb is intriguing but I think they're going to give Andrews most of the carries this year. Best case for Cobb is he makes it a committee. Cobb will be a popular sleeper next year though.

I have McCoy and hesitated to drop Coleman for Karlos, then went to do it and he was picked up within the hour. Keeping Coleman has hurt me so many times now, we have max position limits in my league. Stupid move on my part to not cuff McCoy, now hurt again...FML.

I like Bradshaw on a ppr league going forward , and Mathews still looks good also .

And Coleman of the Falcons , I think Freeman might start slowing down some and I can see Coleman getting an increase of work going forward . He is only available in 3 of my nine leagues so he might not be available anymore in most leagues .

Well, he was the starter last week and is on bye. Could still be available for most people who have an open slot and not much else to take a chance on.

From the list in the OP:

Karlos*

Draughn

Starks*

DCobb

White

Bolden

Bradshaw*

* These are likely to possibly owned in leagues. If they are for some reason available I think you have to go 1. Karlos, 2. Starks, but I could see going with Starks first because McCoy may indeed be able to play this Thursday and Starks may become the lead back in GB if he isn't already.

Also:

- Joique Bell

- Reece/TJones/Helu

- Rawls

From the remaining scraps I think I would take Joique. It's possible the new OC (Cooter) does what MIA & TEN did and realize that nothing works if the ground game isn't working, he may hand over the Lions' share of carries to Bell.

After that it's White, but I think in reality NE gives Lewis' carries to Blount and the receptions to Amendola and/or LaFell.

I like Draughn but the schedule is not good the next 3 weeks and there's no clarity on when Hyde comes back.

I like Starks and I think he is giving that offense some spark. Lacy just looks slow and hesitant.

K. Williams is 77% owned, so if he's on your WW you're lucky, or not in a deep league. Definitely worth picking up.

I don't think Draughn is worth picking up, even if you're a Hyde owner and you're desperate. There are probably better plug n play options on the wire.

I don't trust NE RB, you just never know what you might get week to week...plus Bount is going to get the GL carries, bank on that.

Bradshaw is worth picking up if you're a Gore owner and have the roster space. I may just dump Hyde for him.

There is no question that Starks offers the most upside .

There is no question that Starks offers the most upside .

He's also 78% owned and probably only on the WW in 10 team leagues, or leagues with a short bench.

Joique Bell?

I picked him up 2 weeks ago.

Abdullah is talented, but has not performed exceptionally well. But the backbreaker for Abdullah is the fumbling. He just can't hang onto the ball.

The offense ran reasonably well last year, so I wouldnt be surprised if the OC rolls with Bell. Bells numbers were ok, but not stellar.

I'd expect much the same for the rest of this year.

Abdullah likely wont get any play until he shows he can hang onto the football.

So who gets the carries/touches that Dion Lewis won't get now?

If they don't pick anyone say Cadet up I think White technically steps in, but I think Lewis' touches will be spread to Blount, Amendola and LaFell. Amendola may be the add here.

Dri Archer or Travaris Cadet.

Belechick loves trolling for those wayward PIT RB's!

Why are ya'll overlooking Blount?

I mentioned it in another thread, but Rotoworld is reporting that James White will step into the Dion Lewis role. Using the Belichickian theorum, that means somebody not even on the roster yet will break out huge.

• Like 1

Why are ya'll overlooking Blount?

I'm overlooking him because he is rostered in all leagues I'm looking at.

The thread says 'WAIVER WIRE RB's'

Blount is not on the waiver wire (nor should he be) so he would be excluded from the conversation.

I'm overlooking him because he is rostered in all leagues I'm looking at.

The thread says 'WAIVER WIRE RB's'

Blount is not on the waiver wire (nor should he be) so he would be excluded from the conversation.

Yeah I get that, but you're overlooking him in terms of he will get the bulk of carries in an offense that is notorous for inconsistency in the run game, thus rendering any 2nd or 3rd starting backs in that offense pretty marginal.

Yeah I get that, but you're overlooking him in terms of he will get the bulk of carries in an offense that is notorous for inconsistency in the run game, thus rendering any 2nd or 3rd starting backs in that offense pretty marginal.

I'm not arguing with you on that. with the injury to Dion, hes even more startable than before. I just dont think discussion on Blount belongs in a waiver wire thread. People tune into this thread to find out who they should be picking up on the wire to cover byes and/or injuries. As Blount hasnt been on the wire for some time (if at all) so my argument is that he shouldnt be discussed here.

I'm not arguing with you on that. with the injury to Dion, hes even more startable than before. I just dont think discussion on Blount belongs in a waiver wire thread. People tune into this thread to find out who they should be picking up on the wire to cover byes and/or injuries. As Blount hasnt been on the wire for some time (if at all) so my argument is that he shouldnt be discussed here.

You're missing my point entirely. The other 2 RB in that offense will for the most part be non-factors as long as Blount is playing...therefore they are not worth targeting on the WW. Completely relevant to the discussion.

Jay Ajayi.. been throwing he name around a lot and no one is listening.

You're missing my point entirely. The other 2 RB in that offense will for the most part be non-factors as long as Blount is playing...therefore they are not worth targeting on the WW. Completely relevant to the discussion.

I think we all understand your point – and while it's certainly a fair one, I just don't see Belichick completely reworking the way his offense has been run for the majority of the past two seasons. Blount has 36 career receptions, 3 this year. He has 98 carries in 7 games – 29 this past week w/ no Dion (the most in a single game in his career BTW). I feel this can be attributed to no viable Vereen/Lewis guy available and possibly gameflow/plan or time of possession. Bolden may have been picking up those Dion snaps do to White being inactive.

If I had to guess, unless they sign someone – White will be the new Lewis. He held that role before Dion came on in pre-season, subsequently running the same Dion plays during the 4th QTR in the blowout win against JAX (He had 4 receptions on the final drive with NE up by 41...) Blount will continue to rumble away as a high upside RB3 (like really high!) with probably a couple big 20-30pt games – but I'm confident Brady will keep throwing 40 times with about 8 of those targeting a RB.

My hope is that they sign someone before midnight tomorrow so I can make a decision on using the coveted (and long overdue) #1 waiver position (Missed Williams last week w/ #2). Sure, I see Blount getting a handful more carries a game, and BB has always been a jerk when it comes to killing fantasy RBs w/ his gameplan, but at 8-0 he's not going to reinvent the wheel with the loss of a street free-agent.

EDIT: A significant point I forgot to add re: your theory. In week 7 against the Jets w/ no Lewis, NE ran Blount 3 times for -3 yards and he was out-snapped by White 43 to 8 (!). He had 3 receptions on 5 targets for 26 yards. An argument can certainly be made that BB avoided the NYJ killer run defense, but what does that say for the viability of Blount given he's playing them again in week 16 and has a very unfriendly running schedule that includes MIA, DEN, PHI.

• Like 1

Did we decide who Latavious' backup is? This guy may have one week value based on concussion protocol.

Draughn is on bye this week and not good enough to piss away a roster spot and ww pickup imo.

If you're saddled with having missed out on backups due to injuries or because of Lacy, the only guys out there to pick from practically are probably:

White

JBell

Riddick

Thompson

Sims

Draughn

I really don't think Hyde is coming back. Draughn is a starting RB who appears to have a decent shot at 15 touches per game. I think if you're in a bad situation you have to consider him and Joique.