Sign in to follow this  
Pearmiser

Which DST to stream down the stretch?

This might not mean chit, but here's an interesting stat: HOU Def hasn't given up at TD in 10 straight quarters. Watt & the gang are on fire.

Picked up PHI a couple weeks back and gonna hang on to them for the next couple games... TB and @ DET. After that I'll need a replacement (@ NE).

nyg

Any reason? Putting up some nice numbers lately but not a great finishing schedule. Just curious.

Any other thoughts?
I picked up the Houston Texan defense as I believe they have a nice schedule the rest of the year except week 14 at NE, and they are improving and they get Clowney back.

Chiefs playoff schedule is:

SD

@Bmore

Clev

Chiefs have been the top NFL defense last 5 weeks or so. All those offenses can't run and will be one dimensional against a team that can get to the QB and is starting to make plays in the secondary.

• Like 1

I actually have begun to like Kansas City.

They've gotten 8 interceptions in their last three games, and have a sack machine in Justin Houston. Sean Smith has returned from suspension.

Their schedule isn't too challenging, but in Week 16 (Fantasy Super Bowl) they get to play Cleveland.

Chiefs playoff schedule is:

SD

@Bmore

Clev

Chiefs have been the top NFL defense last 5 weeks or so. All those offenses can't run and will be one dimensional against a team that can get to the QB and is starting to make plays in the secondary.

If they are able to stay healthy in the Secondary, they are super legit, especially with an efficient, ball-control offense. I actually see them as a legit Super Bowl contender if they can squeak into the playoffs...

I fell asleep at the wheel. Should have been all over KC. They're killing it the last few weeks, and Denver (my D) is in the downslide.

However, with the rise of Oswiler, maybe Denver D is in an uptrend.

The Baltimore matchup for Kansas City looks really tasty with Forsett and Flacco out. Matt Schaub is a turnover machine.

I find its tougher to stream defenses late in the season.

but KC is a good candidate if they are still available. they had injuries early and didnt look good, but the last 3-4 games they have been very solid.

Detroit has showed well the last couple weeks. Maybe they're a good play this week against PHI?

Pair them with NE and you get PHI, PHI, @HOU, TEN, SF.

Streaming against BAL is gonna probably pay off going forward too.

If someone happened to drop Arizona due to their bye and recent mediocre games they have @sf, @stl, Minn, @Phil. Would need to find another def for wk16 vs gb.

Tampa Bay has some potentially good matchups with imploding Atl, NO, StL, and Chi.

INDY (26 FP last two weeks, 18 PPG allowed) @ JAX week 15, at home v HOU week 16. Obv. can't touch them next week @PIT

TB (21 FP last two weeks, 37 last four. 17 PPG allowed over last 4 games) – nice week 15 matchup against hapless Rams

CHI (cold weather bump) SF (13) and WAS (14) at home

NYJ get TEN at home (14) and A Cassell lead (if not benched) DAL week 15.

Is Washington a good defense or not? Sometimes they look great, like against a pretty good offense on the Giants, other ones they look awful like against Jets, Tampa Bay or Carolina?

At home on a Monday night against Cassel sounds yummy. But maybe I'll just roll with Denver on the road against the Chargers who will prolly have their offensive game of the year...

fyi if justin houston misses time, the chiefs defense will be a shell of itself. probably should be avoided @oakland this week for sure.

fyi if justin houston misses time, the chiefs defense will be a shell of itself. probably should be avoided @oakland this week for sure.

I disagree. They will still get some heat and the Raiders absolutely cannot run the ball. I see the Cheofs being a great defensive play this week.

I disagree. They will still get some heat and the Raiders absolutely cannot run the ball. I see the Cheofs being a great defensive play this week.

well if you liked what you got from them this past week then by all means do it. big risk imo.

well if you liked what you got from them this past week then by all means do it. big risk imo.

Hey, you could be right. But I watched that game, and the big reason why the Bills moved the ball early was that McCoy was running really well and Taylor was keeping plays alive with his feet. The Raiders have no run game and Carr is no Taylor when it comes to mobility.

I'm playing against that Chiefs D in the first round of playoffs this weekend and I'm worried but my opponent also has Carr so that helps a wee bit. In my other league I'm trying to decide between KC and Cincy D this weekend. Like both matchups a lot actually, especially with McCown out...

Sticking with Houston. In their last 4 games they have held opponents (except for NO - 218 pass yards) to less than 200 yards passing and under 90 yards rushing (3 of these were under 80) per game. Not to mention they have held the opponent to 6 points in 3 of those 4 games. Only the Jets have put up 17 over that span. In addition, over the last 6 games they have 12 takeaways (4-fumbles / 8-ints) and added 23 sacks.

Next four opponents:

- BUF

- NE (may look to add a streamer here)

- IND

- TENN

I am looking at these options for the playoffs:

Tenn-Jac week 13

Houston-plays Ind and Ten still

Detroit-plays SL and SF still

Indy-plays Jac & Miami still

Pittsburg-plays Ind and Balt still

Thoughts? I own none of these teams.

Is Washington a good defense or not? Sometimes they look great, like against a pretty good offense on the Giants, other ones they look awful like against Jets, Tampa Bay or Carolina?

At home on a Monday night against Cassel sounds yummy. But maybe I'll just roll with Denver on the road against the Chargers who will prolly have their offensive game of the year...

Thinking same thing Washington at home this week against The Beaten down Cowboys

The thing that gives me pause about WAS is they can't stop the run....which is the one thing the Cowboys can do well. Plus it's a divisional game and I don't see WAS going up big on DAL which minimizes Cassel doing Cassel things.

I've been going with NE who's just been ok. But they have a good matchup against Philly this week. So one more time with them. Thought the matchup at HOU looked alright a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. The Jets are available and get TEN and DAL in weeks 14 and 15. Think that's who I'll roll with.

Also like CHI at home the next two weeks against SF/WAS.

Sticking with Houston. In their last 4 games they have held opponents (except for NO - 218 pass yards) to less than 200 yards passing and under 90 yards rushing (3 of these were under 80) per game. Not to mention they have held the opponent to 6 points in 3 of those 4 games. Only the Jets have put up 17 over that span. In addition, over the last 6 games they have 12 takeaways (4-fumbles / 8-ints) and added 23 sacks.

Next four opponents:

- BUF

- NE (may look to add a streamer here)

- IND

- TENN

Great summary of what Houston's been doing recently. This seems similar to the run KC went on over the past month ago when I missed the boat on them. Do you think there's any concern that Houston plays weeks 15 and 16 on the road? 3 of their last 4 when they played well have been at home.

I'd also factor in weather. Some of the Great Lakes teams may get a bump

Detroit has showed well the last couple weeks. Maybe they're a good play this week against PHI?

Pair them with NE and you get PHI, PHI, @HOU, TEN, SF.

Streaming against BAL is gonna probably pay off going forward too.

Yes. Detroit. Really coming on now and a good matchup against almost any team. Their schedule is fairly favorable too.

Thoughts on Buffalo D? They just got dropped in my league where DST's are scarce. I don't know what to make of them though, especially after last week vs KC. They should be really good considering talent/coach but seem to get killed a lot. They have a decent schedule for fantasy playoffs but seem too hard to trust.