Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

The Black lives matter movement

Has made me do something that 8 years of Obama could not. It has made me consider voting republican. I simply can not take this shitt anymore. Today Dartmouth apologized to the BLM . THEY apologized to a group of students that harassed others for the color of their skin. Fock that shitt.

Has made me do something that 8 years of Obama could not. It has made me consider voting republican. I simply can not take this shitt anymore. Today Dartmouth apologized to the BLM . THEY apologized to a group of students that harassed others for the color of their skin. Fock that shitt.

Same here. The Democrats may have lost me for now. But I don't see myself voting for this group of Repubkicans. I'll either go 3rd party or not vote for president. Definetly not donating money like I have before.

I am to the point where if you are not trying to stop this so called movement I am off your bandwagon. If you give into them and listen to their absurd demands you are dead to me.

It took you this long to figure this out? Shame on you!

The difference between Republicans and Democrats is of degree, not kind

The 2016 election was already shaping up as the worst ever of my lifetime. The default choice has been Dems lately in national elections, but then Hillary was making it bad. BlackLivesMatter is making it worse, and the alternative may well be Trump. Nightmare.

The movement is hysterical. They are going after the liberal hands that have been feeding them for years. I guess they deserve something after fifty years of votes. :dunno:

The heads are being removed from both parties and the asses are taking control. Really the Dems have been the default for somewhat sanity from the freak right, now the freak left is taking them over.

Same here. The Democrats may have lost me for now. But I don't see myself voting for this group of Repubkicans. I'll either go 3rd party or not vote for president. Definetly not donating money like I have before.

Haha......you donated to this shix?

ThugLivesMatter vs. Birthers/Jade Helm conspirators

The intellectualy stimulus demonstrated by these groups is overwhelmingly compelling. I'm so confused. I still don't know which of these two wonderful options to form a political partnership with next year. Such exciting choices. Decisions, decisions.

BLM might as well rename themselves Occupy Martin Luther Kung Street.

No directiom, objective or goals. Just lazy, directionless unemployed whiners.

BLM might as well rename themselves Occupy Martin Luther Kung Street.

No directiom, objective or goals. Just lazy, directionless unemployed whiners.

When it was limited to protesting 'police brutality' it wasn't going anywhere. Oridnary people like and respect cops and prefer to live in safe crime-free neighborhoods. They will rise to a certain level of sympathy if they see blantant racism, but aren't going to embrace criminals.

Unfortunatly, the cancer has metacticized onto college campuses. The liberal elites controlling acadamia for the last two generations have already been coddling, encouraging, making excuses, and lecturing the rest of us on the behalf of these idiots for their entire professional careers. Now that the parasite is turning on the host, they've developed no immunity. They've chosen to just tuck tail and run, surrendering to the cancer without a fight.

What reasonablness is left in respectable acadamia, we're relying on spineless liberal surrender monkeys to stand up to the bullies and instead they are prefering to slink and run away.

These kids have too much time in their hands. Might want to make these classes a bit more challenging. It feels they just give these degrees away.

When it was limited to protesting 'police brutality' it wasn't going anywhere.

I could have gotten on board if it was limited to police brutality. The problem with BLM is they can't distinguish at all between legitimate police brutality and a punk getting himself killed. They keep picking all the wrong examples to champion and/or violently rioting instead of peacefully protesting.

There was a kernel of truth there but the whole movement lost the plot.

I could have gotten on board if it was limited to police brutality. The problem with BLM is they can't distinguish at all between legitimate police brutality and a punk getting himself killed. They keep picking all the wrong examples to champion and/or violently rioting instead of peacefully protesting.

This. So much this.

The latest example is in Minneapolis. The scumbag (long rap sheet) beat his girlfriend, assaulted paramedics trying to treat her, then assaulted the cops who came to protect the paramedics.

They just have a complete inability to pick their battles. Rather than waiting for actual evidence, the protests start in the hours after the incidents. Which means they protest perfectly legitimate shootings, which turns off people who would otherwise support them.

If the police are a big problem in your life, the police aren't the problem.

And if you have trouble "picking the right examples" maybe your movement is not focusing on the right contributors. If there is a legitimate problem finding the right situation to justify your stance should not be a problem, if it is, time to evaluate what you are doing.....

There was a kernel of truth there but the whole movement lost the plot.

I think this is the media's fault... They were quick to push a story and make the police out to be the bad guys before getting all of the information first...

I think this is the media's fault... They were quick to push a story and make the police out to be the bad guys before getting all of the information first...

Maybe? Dunno. I have just noticed the BLM movement seems to spend more time protesting incidents that are not necessarily abuse (Mike Brown) instead of focusing on the ones that are truly outrageous (that kid in Cleveland). And in some cases where they have a right to be upset like Baltimore they loot and riot, and that becomes the story.

It's frustrating because there's a point to be made but the movement can't seem to differentiate between legit police work and abuse. And they make it very easy for their mirror opposites to dismiss all complaint about police brutality out of hand.

Maybe? Dunno. I have just noticed the BLM movement seems to spend more time protesting incidents that are not necessarily abuse (Mike Brown) instead of focusing on the ones that are truly outrageous (that kid in Cleveland). And in some cases where they have a right to be upset like Baltimore they loot and riot, and that becomes the story.

It's frustrating because there's a point to be made but the movement can't seem to differentiate between legit police work and abuse. And they make it very easy for their mirror opposites to dismiss all complaint about police brutality out of hand.

Who's this guy? Is someone posting for him?

That kid in cleveland raised a weapon at cops. Black, white it does not matter. If you raise a weapon at the cops they are going to shoot you.

That kid in cleveland raised a weapon at cops. Black, white it does not matter. If you raise a weapon at the cops they are going to shoot you.

The kid in Cleveland had a toy. Instead of assessing the situation given that possibility the cops rolled up to point blank range and shot him dead. Only at the Geek Club would anybody defend this sh1t. :doh:

The kid in Cleveland had a toy. Instead of assessing the situation given that possibility the cops rolled up to point blank range and shot him dead. Only at the Geek Club would anybody defend this sh1t. :doh:

Few things...a toy that still looks like a real weapon (since the orange safety tip had been removed).

The cop that shot did what he needed to do.

Now...the cop that rolled up right next to the kid and gave his partner no choice but to drop the kid is another thing.

Few things...a toy that still looks like a real weapon (since the orange safety tip had been removed).

The cop that shot did what he needed to do.

Now...the cop that rolled up right next to the kid and gave his partner no choice but to drop the kid is another thing.

That's my point: Knowing it's a kid and there's a strong possibility it's a toy, why roll up to 5 feet away and out the cop in a position where he had to shoot? Just dumb.

I know I'm on an island on this one but I think odds are good if the kid was white the cops are not so aggressive in the same situation and the media / public are not so understanding of the cop's actions.

That's my point: Knowing it's a kid and there's a strong possibility it's a toy, why roll up to 5 feet away and out the cop in a position where he had to shoot? Just dumb.

I know I'm on an island on this one but I think odds are good if the kid was white the cops are not so aggressive in the same situation and the media / public are not so understanding of the cop's actions.

You can't assume there is any possibility its a toy when its being raised towards you. Because being wrong means you are being shot at.

Yes...the cop that rolled up was wrong...the cop that shot did what he had to do...kid does not listen to instructions and raises a weapon, he goes down.

I agree that the black lives matter movement is ridiculous and their leaders have totally ruined it by using the wrong examples to prove their point. But why does anyone think that electing a Republican President will change anything? Didn't the #blm movement butt in and interrupt multiple speeches by Sanders and Clinton? It's not like they're friends with the movement. BLM isn't going anywhere. As uneducated and misguided as they are, they aren't going to disband because of a Republican President.

The information they were given by the dispatcher said that a boy was pointing a gun at traffic. When they rolled up the kid lifted the gun to them. In a split second they had to choose if they were going to allow themselves to be a statistic or if they were going to take lethal action to solve the problem. There is no defending. With the information they were provided they made the correct call. Maybe if the kid was not playing with an airsoft gun that had the orange tip removed this would not even be an issue. But hell lets blame the cops not the shittty parents.

Hard to fault the cop for shooting that kid, even though it sickens me that it happened.

Cannot blame anyone for being pissed off about it either.

Putting yourself in the cops uniform for a minute, you get a call of someone threatening people with a gun, you roll in and find someone with a gun, and that individual raises what could be a weapon at you......again, hard to fault the cops reaction, but it still fully sucks.....

The information they were given by the dispatcher said that a boy was pointing a gun at traffic. When they rolled up the kid lifted the gun to them. In a split second they had to choose if they were going to allow themselves to be a statistic or if they were going to take lethal action to solve the problem. There is no defending. With the information they were provided they made the correct call. Maybe if the kid was not paying with an airsoft gun that had the orange tip removed this would not even be an issue. But hell lets blame the cops not the shittty parents.

Perhaps police departments should incorporate a new rule that you can't shoot a suspect until an actual bullet is fired at you and lodges into a vital organ.

You can't assume there is any possibility its a toy when its being raised towards you. Because being wrong means you are being shot at.

Yes...the cop that rolled up was wrong...the cop that shot did what he had to do...kid does not listen to instructions and raises a weapon, he goes down.

We already covered this and we are in agreement. I'm not questioning the shooting, I'm asking why the cop exited the car within point blank range of the kid, putting himself in a situation where he would have to shoot if the kid made any unpredictable movements? It was dumb.

Really my point is BLM pretty much ignored this one and I don't know why.

I agree that the black lives matter movement is ridiculous and their leaders have totally ruined it by using the wrong examples to prove their point. But why does anyone think that electing a Republican President will change anything? Didn't the #blm movement butt in and interrupt multiple speeches by Sanders and Clinton? It's not like they're friends with the movement. BLM isn't going anywhere. As uneducated and misguided as they are, they aren't going to disband because of a Republican President.

You could elect a gay, AA, independent and it wont make any difference. Until AA families gain the ability to properly raise their children you will find nothing ever changes.

The information they were given by the dispatcher said that a boy was pointing a gun at traffic. When they rolled up the kid lifted the gun to them. In a split second they had to choose if they were going to allow themselves to be a statistic or if they were going to take lethal action to solve the problem. There is no defending. With the information they were provided they made the correct call. Maybe if the kid was not playing with an airsoft gun that had the orange tip removed this would not even be an issue. But hell lets blame the cops not the shittty parents.

The point went screaming over your head.

You could elect a gay, AA, independent and it wont make any difference. Until AA families gain the ability to properly raise their children you will find nothing ever changes.

You can't say that. Its racist if you imply that any blame lies with the AA community. Any problems they have are a direct result of 200 years of every white person ever keeping them down.

What? You mean take responsibility for all those babys they are spitting out? Peace in the Middle East is more likely.

I'm not concerned about BLM being disbanded. I'm worried about people in power bowing to their asinine demands. And, let's be honest, liberals are more likely to do that bowing than conservatives.

I'm not concerned about BLM being disbanded. I'm worried about people in power bowing to their asinine demands. And, let's be honest, liberals are more likely to do that bowing than conservatives.

This.

You can't say that. Its racist if you imply that any blame lies with the AA community. Any problems they have are a direct result of 200 years of every white person ever keeping them down.

That is true. but only due to the misuse of the actual concept of racism and only to negate the disturbing truth when people try to point to it.

The truth is not racist, the truth is socioeconomic disparity that impacts a disproportionate number of AA's. But the way out of this chasm is not through rap lyrics or protesting, it is through a sustained and forceful action to negate the disparity through education and effort.

Have they so far? With examples