Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Odell Beckham is a disgrace - 1 Game Suspension

Was listening to Sirius XM and the report says the Panthers were holding black bats and pointing to OBJ during warm ups. They were probably trying to get into his head. Bad idea for Josh Norman. Found a link to it.

http://deadspin.com/reports-bat-wielding-panthers-menaced-odell-beckham-jr-1749127130

Hmm... get your popcorn ready, this could get fun!

Shame on the NFL , let them play and let them battle on the field , it's football .

Did you actually see the cheap shot to the helmet of Norman? There is no way any "old time" football player defends that.

It's the way old time football made its name . Shame on the NFL .

Shame on the NFL , let them play and let them battle on the field , it's football .

If the NFL is serious about its player safety they can not allow what he did.

Rotoworld:
NFL suspended Giants WR Odell Beckham one game.

He appears poised to miss next Sunday night's game against the Vikings. Beckham will surely appeal, however, and the results of that appeal will ultimately determine his Week 16 availability. To be matter of fact, Beckham is lucky to get away with just a one-game suspension after he intentionally speared defenseless Panthers CB Josh Norman with his helmet toward the end of a play. It was a malicious act, and extremely poor timing as the sport of football continues to face heavy scrutiny related to head trauma and concussions.

Jesus Incarnate:

No big deal, OBJ isn't the bad guy, everyone used to do this (which isn't close to being true).

99% of what happened yesterday would have been fine being handled with penalties and fines.

That, on the other hand, deserved an ejection and suspension.

• Like 1

It's the way old time football made its name . Shame on the NFL .

The "old time" football was hard hits that were legal. Those were the Ronnie Lotts, the Chuck Bednariks, the Gary Larsens. Those guys hit hard, but legal.

What Beckham did was the most poosay thing ever. And if he ended Norman's career with a spear AFTER the play was dead (forward progress just about finished, whistle blew as he was spearing), would you (the ever loving God's creature) be saying the same thing? Oh my soul no.

Provide one example of a player ever doing that. Just one.

And if you can pull one out of your @#$, provide any discipline that the player inevitably faced afterwards.

• Like 1

I wonder what sway fantasy football will have with this appeals decision. Combine that with the loss of attraction that the SNF game will have, and I'm betting that OBJ's suspension will be served week 17.

At least I hope so, because I'm an OBJ owner in 2 leagues, and need him in my lineup for the champeensheep! :unsure:

I wonder what sway fantasy football will have with this appeals decision. Combine that with the loss of attraction that the SNF game will have, and I'm betting that OBJ's suspension will be served week 17.

At least I hope so, because I'm an OBJ owner in 2 leagues, and need him in my lineup for the champeensheep! :unsure:

Here's the thing though:

If his suspension goes to Week 17, and the Eagles win against the Redskins this Saturday, that decision looks VERY bad for the NFL in a competitive stance.

Then you'll get the conspiracy theorists with their tin foil hats that are saying the NFL wants to attack Dan Snyder for not changing his team's name.

Here's the thing though:

If his suspension goes to Week 17, and the Eagles win against the Redskins this Saturday, that decision looks VERY bad for the NFL in a competitive stance.

Then you'll get the conspiracy theorists with their tin foil hats that are saying the NFL wants to attack Dan Snyder for not changing his team's name.

Ooh. Interesting angle.

It makes me think that it's going down that way even more. :lol:

Beckham is really lucky.

Numerous hockey players' careers have ended based on unexpected / after the play was over shots to the head.

Marty McSorley was suspended an entire season, convicted of criminal charges and sentenced to 18 months probation for his stick swing to Brashear's head.

Todd Bertuzzi "just" punched a guy in the back of the head and ended his career. (I say "just" meaning he didn't also use his equipment.)

Question is when he serves it

He can also appeal

From what I read, his appeal is to be heard on Weds

I"m in two superbowls, and have this clown in both. What a way to end the focking year. Thanks a lot d!ckhead, and nice hair

How much money on the line?

Next thing they will do during games , is sit down and have lunch together and a cup of tea . It's time to remove the flags and let men play the game of football how the game was made to be played. Shame on the NFL .

So?

If what he did was so bad that the NFL suspends him, then how in the world does he not get thrown out of the game? So, it didn't warrant him getting kicked out of the game, but it was bad enough that he shouldn't play the week after? Makes a lot of sense. But I guess you can clarify?

If what he did was so bad that the NFL suspends him, then how in the world does he not get thrown out of the game? So, it didn't warrant him getting kicked out of the game, but it was bad enough that he shouldn't play the week after? Makes a lot of sense. But I guess you can clarify?

Incompetent refs. Is that really hard to believe?

Not enough! OBJ should have gotten much worse. This reminds me why I quit watching the NBA. When these guys get away with this type of conduct throughout a game with no punishment its a bigger problem than just the player.

• Like 1

The "old time" football was hard hits that were legal. Those were the Ronnie Lotts, the Chuck Bednariks, the Gary Larsens. Those guys hit hard, but legal.

What Beckham did was the most poosay thing ever. And if he ended Norman's career with a spear AFTER the play was dead (forward progress just about finished, whistle blew as he was spearing), would you (the ever loving God's creature) be saying the same thing? Oh my soul no.

Provide one example of a player ever doing that. Just one.

And if you can pull one out of your @#$, provide any discipline that the player inevitably faced afterwards.

You aren't going back far enough. Coy Bacon, Deacon Jones, Harvey Martin, Conrad Dobler to name a few make this incident look like a bad day in the neighborhood for Mr. Rodgers. So I get it, no reason people cant carry baseball bats onto a football field since its part of the game. And I also think its a persons right on a football field to carry a gun as long as they have a permit of course.

The guys I mentioned nobody would of had a ballbat in warm-ups and had the NFL to protect them. They make Ray Lewis look like an alter-boy.

Players are often fined for things not even flagged.

I can cla5its possible in real time the refs didn't see how bad the hit was.

That he wasn't thrown out is irrelevant.

He is single handedly costing so many teams the championship this week with this stuff. the appeal will be done by wed and he wont win.

You aren't going back far enough. Coy Bacon, Deacon Jones, Harvey Martin, Conrad Dobler to name a few make this incident look like a bad day in the neighborhood for Mr. Rodgers. So I get it, no reason people cant carry baseball bats onto a football field since its part of the game. And I also think its a persons right on a football field to carry a gun as long as they have a permit of course.

The guys I mentioned nobody would of had a ballbat in warm-ups and had the NFL to protect them. They make Ray Lewis look like an alter-boy.

Frank Tarkenton would disagree that Deacon Jones was a dirty player.

As for Dobler, you can attribute a lot of that to Sports Illustrated. But what they failed to recognize is that the NFL as a whole was a lot more ruthless back then. And guess what, a majority of those players can't walk properly or are participants in the concussion lawsuits against the NFL.

As for the carrying of a gun on the field, I think that Billy Cole of the L.A. Stallions has shown us the dangers of that

Frank Tarkenton would disagree that Deacon Jones was a dirty player.

As for Dobler, you can attribute a lot of that to Sports Illustrated. But what they failed to recognize is that the NFL as a whole was a lot more ruthless back then. And guess what, a majority of those players can't walk properly or are participants in the concussion lawsuits against the NFL.

Yeah, but that's the way it was so that's the way it should be now! And hockey goaltenders shouldn't wear masks, and baseball players shouldn't wear helmets...

This is the logic people are bringing to the discussion.

Julio owners worldwide demand that Norman be suspended as well as long as it is served during week 16.

For being speared?

Beckham is really lucky.

Numerous hockey players' careers have ended based on unexpected / after the play was over shots to the head.

Marty McSorley was suspended an entire season, convicted of criminal charges and sentenced to 18 months probation for his stick swing to Brashear's head.

Todd Bertuzzi "just" punched a guy in the back of the head and ended his career. (I say "just" meaning he didn't also use his equipment.)

Bertuzzi also shoved Moore face first onto the ice after the punch - that's really what ended Moore's career.

But, yeah, Beckham is lucky, especially in today's environment. Sounds like the appeal will be heard quickly. There's no way he'll win.

Incompetent refs. Is that really hard to believe?

Not at all, but exactly my point. NFL is a joke.

Players are often fined for things not even flagged.

I can cla5its possible in real time the refs didn't see how bad the hit was.

That he wasn't thrown out is irrelevant.

The ref immediately threw the flag. He was 5 feet from the hit. How he was not ejected by that point is beyond me, but again, we are talking about the NFL. After watching the Odell/Norman lowlights again, I must say, Norman is no saint.

The ref immediately threw the flag. He was 5 feet from the hit. How he was not ejected by that point is beyond me, but again, we are talking about the NFL. After watching the Odell/Norman lowlights again, I must say, Norman is no saint.

Norman has come off like a whiny b*tch in all of this. Odell the tantrum throwing, cheap-shotting diva.

Fran Tarkenton -not sure when SI came out but back then not many families could afford the money for such things. But somewhere you got lost to the fact that the Panthers brought a weapon in the stadium. Can not wait for next years High School football games where 1 team has baseball bats to bring the wood verses the other team carrying knives to slice through the defense.

Fran Tarkenton -not sure when SI came out but back then not many families could afford the money for such things. But somewhere you got lost to the fact that the Panthers brought a weapon in the stadium. Can not wait for next years High School football games where 1 team has baseball bats to bring the wood verses the other team carrying knives to slice through the defense.

Do you even understand what youre saying half the time?

Appeal to be heard on Wednesday, do you think decision on the appeal will come before the Thurs night game?

I have a QB decision between Carr (Thurs night) and Eli (Sunday) - if OBJ is out I definitely prefer Carr as Eli will be nothing vs Minny without OBJ. If OBJ plays I definitely prefer Eli.

Oh and to make things more interesting.......my opponent has OBJ!!!!! :D

If no decision by Thurs I may choose to not start Carr, pick up Alex Smith and then start Eli or ASmith depending on the appeal decision.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!!!!!!

Do you even understand what youre saying half the time?

Don't act like you are 1 of us when by your own confession play free-leagues on yahoo and are probably in the play-offs against somebody who has 4 people on IR who also made it and starting because they haven't played all year.