Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFC Divisional - Packers at Cardinals Game Thread

Read all about coin flip gate tomorrow

I've already seen one article about how Rodgers was upset about the coin flip. Here's a solution: go for 2. Stop letting the outcome of a game be decided by a coin flip.

I've already seen one article about how Rodgers was upset about the coin flip. Here's a solution: go for 2. Stop letting the outcome of a game be decided by a coin flip.

Jimmy McGinty would have gone for 2 :banana:

He was upset he didn't get a chance to "call" the second flip.

But didn't make any big deal about it...

Carson Palmer has been a blessing to this organization, but every once in a while he has a game that makes you go :blink: . Balls sailing over players heads, thudding the ground, landing between two receivers... This was one of those games, and gives me hope that he got it out of his system, because he did look much better in the second half IMO.

McCarthy needs to take Lacy to lunch and discuss his conditioning.

McCarthy need to be fired. His whole scheme is "Aaron go out there and make something happen". Without Rodgers the Pack might not win a game.

Good luck going forward Cards fans.

What a game.

Thought with how things happened...GB should have just gone for 2.

Good for Fitz though, such a class act.

I said the same thing at the time. Zona looked like the better team, then GB catches a couple massive breaks. You don't try your hand at overtime there, IMO -- you go for the kill.

McCarthy need to be fired. His whole scheme is "Aaron go out there and make something happen". Without Rodgers the Pack might not win a game.

I noticed this. Do they ever have a gameplan? Seems like it's WRs run around randomly let ARod buy time till someone gets open. Every play is backyard garbage

Nah, the cheeseheads love him. He's a fat redneck too.

Duh. If he is calling plays for Rodgers and Rodgers isn't there..... :dunno:

Just dumb. Guy again had a decent game plan against a team that was better than the Packers on the road .

BTW...realize that Janis was #5 going into the season, Jones was a free agent and Abbrederris was a practice squad player starting out.

They were without what should be their 1,2, 3, and 4 wrs.

Carson Palmer has been a blessing to this organization, but every once in a while he has a game that makes you go :blink: . Balls sailing over players heads, thudding the ground, landing between two receivers... This was one of those games, and gives me hope that he got it out of his system, because he did look much better in the second half IMO.

The finger had a lot to do with it. He should have had that pass td to djohn.

Just dumb. Guy again had a decent game plan against a team that was better than the Packers on the road .

BTW...realize that Janis was #5 going into the season, Jones was a free agent and Abbrederris was a practice squad player starting out.

They were without what should be their 1,2, 3, and 4 wrs.

Oh please. That running play to Lacy on 2 and 6 with three minutes left in their own end needing a TD was pure pus$y ball. Was he expecting another 61 yard jog? Because besides that run, which was a fluke, he had 28 yards on 11 carries. Rodgers continually bails out that small timer.

McCarthy's job is secure as long as Rodgers is in Green Bay they'll always be playoff contenders. That doesn't mean I think McCarthy is a good coach.

McCarthy fired some more position coaches today, just like last year. Does this guy ever look in the mirror? And why hasn't he fired whoever was calling the plays before he took them back? I guess he has to save someone for next year.

McCarthy's job is secure as long as Rodgers is in Green Bay they'll always be playoff contenders. That doesn't mean I think McCarthy is a good coach.

His job is secure...as is Ted Thompsons as long as they keep putting themselves in positions to won games.

Win totals, playoffs...and a Super Bowl title. In MMs tenure there are few better.

If he were to be fired... he would have a new hob pretty damn quick.

And I'd guess of he went and McDaniels left NE...that Belichick would have him in Foxboro immediately if he would take an OC job.

I actually think MM is a good coach, but Ted needs to go. Mac and Rodgers have done just about all they can with the situation that TT puts them with his draft/develop only philosophy. The last 4 weeks of the season saw at LT, Barclay(the actual backup), Sitton(hadn't played LT since HS) and Tretter, a center. Think about that, the coaching staff can't even put the undrafted free agents backups Ted loves so much, cause they will get the QB killed. Best pass rusher just spent over 50% of the year covering TE's and RB's. Top TE was drafted 3 rounds earlier than anyone expected(he had speed issues---guess where that showed up every Sunday) and neither of the backups played cause neither was qualified to be on the field. Same situation every year and the results will generally be the same, McCarthy, Capers and Rodgers will elevate the team to more wins then they deserve(though with an improving division that's going to get harder) and when faced by better talent in the playoffs, they will probably win one game and get knocked. out. Wasting another year of one of the best QB's the league has ever seen. It's disgraceful.

Ted needs to be replaced with someone who can utilize all the tools at a GM's disposal, and if Murphy can't see that, he needs to be replaced too. I would hire John Schneider in a heartbeat to replace TT, then let him make the call on the coaching staff, though I feel strongly he would retain McCarthy/Capers.

Betting on the Cardinals and going to put some on the money line for a straight up win . Good luck .

I wish the media would stop with all this Janis stuff. He had a good game, this screams more like Chris Matthews from last year the more and more the media picks at why he wasnt playing. Looking at the film I have, nothing suggests he is something special.

I wish the media would stop with all this Janis stuff. He had a good game, this screams more like Chris Matthews from last year the more and more the media picks at why he wasnt playing. Looking at the film I have, nothing suggests he is something special.

Didn't he get most yards on last desperate drive. Seems that is where his stats lay

Ted Thompson is one of the best there is...fire him? Huge fail.

Several reports suggesting your head coach doesn't feel the same way.

Ted Thompson living off past success

Think Lebeau

Several reports suggesting your head coach doesn't feel the same way.

Awesome.

I'm sure he thinks they coykd use a few more pieces....which is valid

But they have a team built well, with no cap troubles and keep their core guys.

Ted is damn good

Ted Thompson living off past success

Think ###### Lebeau

He is?

Last 3 drafts have given them guys like Rollins, Randall, haha, lacy, Hyde, Ryan, bahktiari, Linsley, Janis, Adams, Abbrederris...and went out to get Peppers.

Daniels is a really good DT too.

Yes, he will look better, like McCarthy because of Rodgers. Similar to others like BB look better when you hit on that top qb

He is?

Last 3 drafts have given them guys like Rollins, Randall, haha, lacy, Hyde, Ryan, bahktiari, Linsley, Janis, Adams, Abbrederris...and went out to get Peppers.

Yes, he will look better, like McCarthy because of Rodgers. Similar to others like BB look better when you hit on that top qb

Most of those you mentioned are good picks only if you are a Packer homer.

Nobody is scared of Julius Peppers

He is?

Um, Devonte Adams can't play, and may get cut. And Lacy? He's on his way to getting cut. After he stops at the Golden Corral. And I don't see a TE in that list. They could use one. Holy Homer.

Most of those you mentioned are good picks only if you are a Packer homer.

Nobody is scared of Julius Peppers

Scared?...who said they were...but he, and those others made impacts.

Has nothing to do with being a homer.

We you trying to say Lacy wasn't a good pick?

Rollins and Randall?

Kinsley?

You are making this too easy.

Scared?...who said they were...but he, and those others made impacts.

Has nothing to do with being a homer.

We you trying to say Lacy wasn't a good pick?

Rollins and Randall?

Kinsley?

You are making this too easy.

Lacy is an offseason from eating himself out of league. Of course you can name starters he drafted. Every GM has that you moron.

Lacy is an offseason from eating himself out of league. Of course you can name starters he drafted. Every GM has that you moron.

I can name roll players too.

Its not saying he hasn't missed...but the guy is a hell of a gm.

And Lacy had an awful year. His first two helped a ton while Rodgers was hurting (collar bone and then calf).

To think that was a bad pick is moronic.

Thompson would have a new job (if he wanted it) minutes after being let go ...if GB fired him.

Calling for him to be fired is idiotic.

I can name roll players too.

Its not saying he hasn't missed...but the guy is a hell of a gm.

And Lacy had an awful year. His first two helped a ton while Rodgers was hurting (collar bone and then calf).

To think that was a bad pick is moronic.

Thompson would have a new job (if he wanted it) minutes after being let go ...if GB fired him.

Calling for him to be fired is idiotic.

Just like Lebeau

Truth is Rodgers carries the team 200%. It's a one man team.

Just like Lebeau

As does Brady for NE.

What's new?

Rodgers was not great this year, and not in that game against AZ

They were in it because of other people. Nameky the D and guys like Peppers and Rollins and Randall and so on.

He is easily a top 5 GM in the league.

Just like Lebeau

Bingo. Not giving Rodgers at least a decent line and a useful Tight End is criminal. And his coach with zero balls is no help.

As does Brady for NE.

What's new?

They were in it because of other people. Nameky the D and guys like Peppers and Rollins and Randall and so on.

He is not. You are a homer. Your team is sad to watch outside of Rodgers and in no way is that teams arrow pointing up

There have been some dominant teams being built or rebuilt in NFL.

GB is just existing getting by from backyard Rodgers play

As does Brady for NE.

What's new?

Right. Gronk and Edelman are just riding Brady's coat tails. Homer Maximus.