Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Super Bowl 50 - Denver vs. Carolina: In-Game Discussion

Just looking at Cam's press conference, this guy is a tool...he almost looks and acts like someone that was told to tank, not someone who lost gracefully by a better team. Even if they lost fare and square, he needs to stand up and take this loss like a man, like the MVP of the league and the new face of the NFL...what a clown this guy is.

Awesome Thank You Jesus .

The way you say it is debatable, but I will say that your confidence helped me bet on Denver. So props are due weepaws :)

Just looking at Cam's press conference, this guy is a tool...he almost looks and acts like someone that was told to tank, not someone who lost gracefully by a better team. Even if they lost fare and square, he needs to stand up and take this loss like a man, like the MVP of the league and the new face of the NFL...what a clown this guy is.

Being how he only acted that way when he lost doesn't exactly strengthen your argument that the fix was in all along.

Yeah, a little disappointing. He didn't get his way so he's pouting about it. I dunno. He looks awesome when the team is up by 28 points but man did he look lost, confused, clueless. Denvers defense is all world but the league MVP has to have a better showing than that. Not that Peyton faired much better but he's much better spoken and more professional. Very curious to see how next year goes for Cam and the panthers.

The football gods would not let one of the greatest walk away without this title, wasnt. going. to. happen.

Manning may have sucked, but he was winning. He had a 9.9 QBR, but managed the game on offense beautifully. Sometimes that what it takes to win a Super Bowl. That team played inspired for him, and that crowd was pulling for him every step of the way. He wasnt going to lose.

The football gods would not let one of the greatest walk away without this title, wasnt. going. to. happen.

Manning may have sucked, but he was winning. He had a 9.9 QBR, but managed the game on offense beautifully. Sometimes that what it takes to win a Super Bowl. That team played inspired for him, and that crowd was pulling for him every step of the way. He wasnt going to lose.

No doubt - ask ANY Super Bowl QB how important the "team" is. Manning needs to step away now though. I dont believe playing any longer does anything other than tarnish his image. Nothing to prove. MVP, SB champ, passing records galore, etc, etc.

Some thoughts:

1. Cam was OBVIOUSLY juiced / his adrenaline was way up. Can't believe he missed those two passes early on, where the WRs were WIDE OPEN.

2. On the fumble where Cam *could have* dove for it, and then obviously backed up - the only thing I can think of, is he had visions of CIN QB Dalton breaking his hand on a similar play.

3. Von Miller is a beast! Can't wait to see his new contract! I think Peyton will retire, and Miller will get Peyton's salary cap $$$s.

In closing - I thought CAR was going to embarass DEN. I'm glad it was a good game. And, while I though CAR would win handily, I am glad (as were most at the party I attended) that Peyton won a 2nd Super Bowl, and he SHOULD pull an Elway and go out on top.

Game was meh

commercials meh

Newton is a crybaby poosay

Manning made a fool of himself "drink a lot of Budwesier"

puppy monkey baby

• Like 1

I hadnt turned on ESPN, The NFL Network or anything else related to football since the AFC title game but i watched the Super Bowl last night. Watching Denver's defense made me feel a little better and watching Manning play AWFUL while winning also was nice to see. Manning had the second worst game in the history of the Super Bowl for a winning team (13 for 23, 141 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 FL). I was little surprised who had the worst game. Roethlisberger vs Seattle in 2005 season 9-21, 123 yards, 2 INT

No one should be surprised by Newton's actions. This is the same guy who does his little Superman BS when he scores a TD with his team down 3 scores.

I hadnt turned on ESPN, The NFL Network or anything else related to football since the AFC title game but i watched the Super Bowl last night. Watching Denver's defense made me feel a little better and watching Manning play AWFUL while winning also was nice to see. Manning had the second worst game in the history of the Super Bowl for a winning team (13 for 23, 141 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 FL). I was little surprised who had the worst game. Roethlisberger vs Seattle in 2005 season 9-21, 123 yards, 2 INT

No one should be surprised by Newton's actions. This is the same guy who does his little Superman BS when he scores a TD with his team down 3 scores.

Dude just lost a super bowl, but people on the couch need to tell him how he should handle the loss. :lol:

Yes and yes. Payton looked 60 years old out there. But, two rings is two rings. It solidifies him in the record books.

As for Cam....ehh...exposed as a "fair-weather" QB until further notice. Played most of the season up by 21 points which makes Quaretrbacking a LOT easier. It also allowed Carolinas defense to look better than they actually are although they DID play very well yesterday. We'll see how Cam takes this next season. So far, he seems like a whiny brat to some extent. Its also obvious that Carolins needs real weapons even though Ginn did have a nice season. Ginn is like Cam - a "fair weather" WR and shines when the going is easy. We shall see.

Game was meh

commercials meh

Newton is a crybaby poosay

Manning made a fool of himself "drink a lot of Budwesier"

puppy monkey baby

Your post is meh.

The content is meh.

You seem like a crybaby.

You made a fool of yourself. "Mocking a man for drinking beer?"

Dog Gorilla Adult

Manning's performance reminded of Bob Griese of Miami in the Dolphins back-to-back wins in Super Bowls VII & VIII, when Griese's combined line was 14 of 18 for 161 yds 1 TD and 1 INT. His greatest contributions really were not turning the ball over deep in his own end. His one INT was a rookie like mistake, but Carolina has been living off turnovers this post season and Manning did avoid that.

As for Cam, not really a big fan of the braggedocio but in his defense one of his post game pressers consisted of the Denver DBs counting coup very loudly behind a curtain adjacent to Cam's podium. That's a no-win situation for him.

Carolina on the whole was very good defensively as well, though they couldn't handle the smack talk of Denver WRs when they did make a play, taking some idiotic penalties.

Dude just lost a super bowl, but people on the couch need to tell him how he should handle the loss. :lol:

The "dude" acts like titty baby when things go bad and when he lost on the biggest stage more people saw it. I sure as hell am not saying how i think he should act after loss but i am saying he looks like a DAMN fool when he does his Superman crap when he is losing and he looked like a 12 year old who just lost.

Cam is the future. Think how good that kid will be when his WR's don't suck donkey balls. This game might have been different if he had Benjamin and Stewart hadn't gotten hurt and been hampered the rest of the game. Cam is making Ginn look like a good WR, which he isn't.

Aside from that, Denver's offense did exactly what it needed to, play mistake free football. Defense is built perfectly to play against Carolina...good secondary that doesn't give up big plays and speed all over the front 7 to limit what Cam can do.

I expected Carolina to win big and easy...color me wrong.

Cam is the future. Think how good that kid will be when his WR's don't suck donkey balls. This game might have been different if he had Benjamin and Stewart hadn't gotten hurt and been hampered the rest of the game. Cam is making Ginn look like a good WR, which he isn't.

Aside from that, Denver's offense did exactly what it needed to, play mistake free football. Defense is built perfectly to play against Carolina...good secondary that doesn't give up big plays and speed all over the front 7 to limit what Cam can do.

I wonder how much of Stewart getting rolled up early changed the Panthers' offensive game plan. I haven't seen the snap counts yet for the game (hurry up PFF!), but it seemed that the Panthers went a heavy dose of Tolbert and Whittaker who are not going to give you a big play in the running game. The Broncos after the game made mention of the Panthers running vanilla plays from just a few different formations.

The Broncos' coverage also did exactly what they said they'd do. They limited Olsen and forced the no-name receivers to beat them. As Eagles fans found out this year, a handful of drops can kill a drive and momentum very quickly. Making Cam throw so much too is not how the Panthers found success this season. Cam only had two other games this season where he attempted 40 passes. Unfortunately for him, the two prior he threw for five touchdowns each.

As for future success, I think the Panthers need to get a consistent pass rusher and some more depth in the secondary. But otherwise they're set up nicely both offensively and defensively in the NFC South.

Kony Ealy had a good game and could develop into a reliable guy, but Charles Johnson and Jared Allen both seem like shells of their former selves. I'm not sure how much cap space they will have, but Olivier Vernon would be a MONSTER signing if possible.

Finnegan is going to be a free agent along with Tillman and Norman. Like him or not, Pacman Jones might be an interesting name to watch this offseason. He seems to fit the bill for an aggressive and confident defense. I'm sure he'd like to stay in Cincy, but you never know.

Getting Kelvin Benjamin back will help for their offense as well. I wonder how if J-Stew will continue to be the feature back next season or whether CAP gets some added run

Did anyone else hear some clown going "whooooooooooooooooh" throughout the entire broadcast? I heard it the entire game. I can't be the only one to notice it.

I knew I wasn't crazy:

"...everyone on Twitter kept coming back to Woo Guy, the game’s real MVP (most vexatious person) for his ever-present soundtrack on CBS’ broadcast."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/real-loser-super-bowl-50-134031173.html

I think that the two turnovers by the Denver offense qualify as mistakes. The defense, however, more than made up for those mistakes.

Your post is meh.

The content is meh.

You seem like a crybaby.

You made a fool of yourself. "Mocking a man for drinking beer?"

Dog Gorilla Adult

The game was meh. Very sloppy.

I always like the commercials.

Cam did not present himself well.

Two calls for Bud by Manning was an obvious plug.

Why so uptight?

The game was meh. Very sloppy.

I always like the commercials.

Cam did not present himself well.

Two calls for Bud by Manning was an obvious plug.

Why so uptight?

Are you not the one talking about how Cam presented himself? One could call you uptight.

Why do you care who Manning plugs?

I wonder how much of Stewart getting rolled up early changed the Panthers' offensive game plan. I haven't seen the snap counts yet for the game (hurry up PFF!), but it seemed that the Panthers went a heavy dose of Tolbert and Whittaker who are not going to give you a big play in the running game. The Broncos after the game made mention of the Panthers running vanilla plays from just a few different formations.

The Broncos' coverage also did exactly what they said they'd do. They limited Olsen and forced the no-name receivers to beat them. As Eagles fans found out this year, a handful of drops can kill a drive and momentum very quickly. Making Cam throw so much too is not how the Panthers found success this season. Cam only had two other games this season where he attempted 40 passes. Unfortunately for him, the two prior he threw for five touchdowns each.

As for future success, I think the Panthers need to get a consistent pass rusher and some more depth in the secondary. But otherwise they're set up nicely both offensively and defensively in the NFC South.

Kony Ealy had a good game and could develop into a reliable guy, but Charles Johnson and Jared Allen both seem like shells of their former selves. I'm not sure how much cap space they will have, but Olivier Vernon would be a MONSTER signing if possible.

Finnegan is going to be a free agent along with Tillman and Norman. Like him or not, Pacman Jones might be an interesting name to watch this offseason. He seems to fit the bill for an aggressive and confident defense. I'm sure he'd like to stay in Cincy, but you never know.

Getting Kelvin Benjamin back will help for their offense as well. I wonder how if J-Stew will continue to be the feature back next season or whether CAP gets some added run

Usually your posts are very solid but please, even the Raiders would be "set up" in the NFC South. As for Vernon, you'll be spending big if you sign him. He'll probably be targeted by Oakland and their $70 million in cap space, especially in light of the injury to Mario Edwards Jr.

And respectfully, Jonathan Stewart is done. Football is a young man's game. You are right about Benjamin, they did miss him.

Edit: Ealy was a friggin beast.

Usually your posts are very solid but please, even the Raiders would be "set up" in the NFC South. As for Vernon, you'll be spending big if you sign him. He'll probably be targeted by Oakland and their $70 million in cap space, especially in light of the injury to Mario Edwards Jr.

And respectfully, Jonathan Stewart is done. Football is a young man's game. You are right about Benjamin, they did miss him.

Edit: Ealy was a friggin beast.

But THAT'S the thing. In a division like they're currently in, they have the chance for the chip and a chair for the postseason. I don't think that can be overlooked when half the playoff participants in a given year are likely not going to make it the following. Not to mention the Super Bowl hangover. I think the division they play in is a large factor for future success (at least the next two seasons).

And I am not of the mind that Stewart is, nor should be, the main back. But to have your starting running back suffer an injury to his foot/leg early in the game surely factored heavily on the gameplan. Not an excuse, because honestly I didn't see him doing much anyways, just an observation as to why Cam was forced to throw 40+ times in a game that was a one possession game for the majority of the contest.I don't know if CAP will be the guy. I guess I could see the Panthers trying to sign a veteran back in the offseason for cheap. There's a few retreads that will be available that offer the same, if not more, upside than Stewart.

As for Vernon, yeah he'll likely chase the money and the Raiders should make an aggressive play at him. I just figure that since he's one of the premier pass rushers that will be on the market, he'd be an interesting name that could surface. A pipe dream sure, but now is the best time to smoke cat nip and call it premo cali bud in the form of prognostications. Well...at least until the bold predictions thread comes up for 2016 :doublethumbsup:

I love all this "They missed Benji" rhetoric. People must have watched ESPN, it was their popular line too.

They went 15-1 and made a Super Bowl without Benji.

They maybe could have used him Sunday, but thats not saying much. They could have used some good block by the OLine, some better throws from Cam and the refs to relax a bit.

They did just fine without Benjim they didnt miss him all year.

But THAT'S the thing. In a division like they're currently in, they have the chance for the chip and a chair for the postseason. I don't think that can be overlooked when half the playoff participants in a given year are likely not going to make it the following. Not to mention the Super Bowl hangover. I think the division they play in is a large factor for future success (at least the next two seasons).

And I am not of the mind that Stewart is, nor should be, the main back. But to have your starting running back suffer an injury to his foot/leg early in the game surely factored heavily on the gameplan. Not an excuse, because honestly I didn't see him doing much anyways, just an observation as to why Cam was forced to throw 40+ times in a game that was a one possession game for the majority of the contest.I don't know if CAP will be the guy. I guess I could see the Panthers trying to sign a veteran back in the offseason for cheap. There's a few retreads that will be available that offer the same, if not more, upside than Stewart.

As for Vernon, yeah he'll likely chase the money and the Raiders should make an aggressive play at him. I just figure that since he's one of the premier pass rushers that will be on the market, he'd be an interesting name that could surface. A pipe dream sure, but now is the best time to smoke cat nip and call it premo cali bud in the form of prognostications. Well...at least until the bold predictions thread comes up for 2016 :doublethumbsup:

That team needs a Tier One running back badly. Thinking Lamar Miller would look good there. You are right of course, that's a team with a future. The offensive line was very underrated, and lost in the hype of Denver's defense is the fact that Carolina's defense was opening up a can as well.

The big thing is Newton, and how he responds to this loss. I think it helps him. Dude just needs to pick and choose his spots to run. As he gets better in the pocket, and he will, his running skills will be needed less. But in those games against elite defenses he has to open that dimension of his game up. I know he was hurting Sunday, but the Broncos had no answer for his scrambling with the football.

That team needs a Tier One running back badly. Thinking Lamar Miller would look good there. You are right of course, that's a team with a future. The offensive line was very underrated, and lost in the hype of Denver's defense is the fact that Carolina's defense was opening up a can as well.

The big thing is Newton, and how he responds to this loss. I think it helps him. Dude just needs to pick and choose his spots to run. As he gets better in the pocket, and he will, his running skills will be needed less. But in those games against elite defenses he has to open that dimension of his game up. I know he was hurting Sunday, but the Broncos had no answer for his scrambling with the football.

Lamar Miller would be a very interesting name TBH. I feel like he's going to be pursued by teams with a dire need at the position though. I can safely say though, if he went to Carolina, I'd be too aggressive (to a major fault) in redrafts next year haha.

With regards to Cam, I see a lot of Donovan McNabb in his early career progressions (minus the puking on Sunday). Cam had decent success in the pocket and seems to be slowly molding into a dual-threat QB that can punish a defense if he's forced to stay inside it. He's improved his quarterback rating nearly every season in the pros, and his best year yet, this year, was the year they went to the big dance (much similar to McNabb's first six seasons, where McNabb's career high in QBR was 2004). I guess it might not be coincidence that Rivera was on staff w/ the Eagles during their early 2000's run to the NFCCG's. Yeah he was a LB's coach, but it's something.

I think that adversity can be good for this team. Riverboat seems like a coach that can get his guys to buy into the collective thought process, and hopefully he can light the same fire under their arses as he did this year. They'll have a big target on their chest every week now as the proverbial top dog in the NFC.

As a side note: I wonder if the NFL would dare consider having the Super Bowl rematch as the opening Thursday night game...

I think L Miller with the Panthers would be a very good matchup .

I think L Miller with the Panthers would be a very good matchup .

Would love to see what could happen with Cam and that Defense for Miller.

Yes and yes. Payton looked 60 years old out there. But, two rings is two rings. It solidifies him in the record books.

As for Cam....ehh...exposed as a "fair-weather" QB until further notice. Played most of the season up by 21 points which makes Quaretrbacking a LOT easier. It also allowed Carolinas defense to look better than they actually are although they DID play very well yesterday. We'll see how Cam takes this next season. So far, he seems like a whiny brat to some extent. Its also obvious that Carolins needs real weapons even though Ginn did have a nice season. Ginn is like Cam - a "fair weather" WR and shines when the going is easy. We shall see.

Like anyone knew who Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas was before Peyton got there. Right situations can make you and wrong situations can break you.

Like anyone knew who Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas was before Peyton got there. Right situations can make you and wrong situations can break you.

I guarantee Pittsburgh Steelers fans knew who Demaryius was before Peyton got there. :ninja:

Panthers play the AFC West and NFC West next season. They'll probably win the NFC South, but going 15-1 will be a stretch.

Carolina

Home: Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Kansas City, San Diego, Minnesota
Away: Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, Oakland, Washington

Any team going 15-1 is a stretch .