Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Coach K caught in lie.

What an azz, acts like a sore loser and lectures another teams player. Then when asked about it after Brooks(Oregon player) mentions it, he throws the kid under the bus and says he never said that. Then after getting caught on camera(with audio), he finally says he "reacted incorrectly". Hey K, how about you react correctly and instead of apologizing to the Oregon Coach, you apologize Dillon Brooks, you know the kid you called a liar.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/26/coach-k-creates-laughable-euphemism-for-lying-in-apology/

After what he did to Rasheed Sulaimon, I think any talk about him being a player's guy is a farce.

I'm sure he's a gigantic d1ck but this story seems way overblown. Who cares? That stuff should stay on the court.

I'm sure he's a gigantic d1ck but this story seems way overblown. Who cares? That stuff should stay on the court.

He's lecturing another player on 'sportsmanship' and when asked lies...just another example that he is a giant hypocrite. Tired of the Saint Mike bs.

• Like 1

seems like he rattled the kid enough not to be focused on the next opponent :ninja:

The irony is that he is trying to tell players on another team how to behave when the kids on his own team are routinely punks. Grayson Allen has 'celebrated' in much worse ways, not to mention repeatedly intentionally tripping opponents and being the latest in a long line of Coach K kids to flop like they are in the Premier League.

To recap: lies about an on-court exchange, when evidence comes out 'apologizes' without ever actually admitting he flat out lied, is a massive hypocrit

The irony is that he is trying to tell players on another team how to behave when the kids on his own team are routinely punks. Grayson Allen has 'celebrated' in much worse ways, not to mention repeatedly intentionally tripping opponents and being the latest in a long line of Coach K kids to flop like they are in the Premier League.

To recap: lies about an on-court exchange, when evidence comes out 'apologizes' without ever actually admitting he flat out lied, is a massive hypocrit

I don't care at all but I am only a casual fan of college basketball so perhaps that is why

Jesus this is such a non story. This stuff happens all the time with coaches and players.

Id rather you just said you dont like duke or K than this manufactured BS over a nothing story.

A guy who is talked about as a God, was caught flat out lying. I think is shameful, and this should be a bigger deal than it is.

Based on coach K's power and credibility one can only assume he implied Dillon Brooks was an effing liar.

Since the media is in the business of destroying athletes for every little thing, it's time this guy gets his ass whooped too.

Definitely a hypocrite... Almost every year Duke has a player that people just love to hate.

And often its because they are gigantic pricks.

Great coach, but he is bitching about things that his teams have always done.

Is it possible that he told Brooks that he was "better than that", but did not want it in the press? Then, when it comes out, he says that he was wrong?

I don't get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over a guy who said that he was wrong. :dunno:

Is it possible that he told Brooks that he was "better than that", but did not want it in the press? Then, when it comes out, he says that he was wrong?

I don't get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over a guy who said that he was wrong. :dunno:

Why did he feel he need to lie?

Here was the timeline:

Brooks interviewed, says K told him that he was too good to be celebrating like that.

Coach K interviewed, someone tells him that Brooks said he told him that. Coach K said that never happened, told the reporter he could write what Brooks said or whatever.

Video comes out that clearly shows the conversation.

Coach K says he "reacted incorrectly" to the reporter.

He basically told the reporters that Brooks made sh*t up, then when video evidence became available proving otherwise "apologizes" without actually admitting that he lied.

Here was the timeline:

Brooks interviewed, says K told him that he was too good to be celebrating like that.

Coach K interviewed, someone tells him that Brooks said he told him that. Coach K said that never happened, told the reporter he could write what Brooks said or whatever.

Video comes out that clearly shows the conversation.

Coach K says he "reacted incorrectly" to the reporter.

He basically told the reporters that Brooks made sh*t up, then when video evidence became available proving otherwise "apologizes" without actually admitting that he lied.

That seems like a lot of interpretation.

My guess is that he thought the discussion was private and, when it wasn't, he said to go with what the kid said.

I could absolutely see a coach like Coach K saying that a kid is too good for something like that and I don't think it is that out of line. If I am coaching against him, then I wouldn't have a problem with him saying that.

That seems like a lot of interpretation.

Brooks hit a 3-pointer as the shot clock wound down late in Oregon's 82-68 win over the Blue Devils. Brooks, who celebrated after he made the shot, said Krzyzewski told him after the game that he's "too good of a player to be showing off in the end." Brooks said he told the coach that he was right.

"I didn't say that," Krzyzewski told reporters when asked about the exchange after the game Thursday. "You can say whatever you want. Dillon Brooks is a hell of a player. I said, 'You're a terrific player.' And you can take whatever he said and then go with it, all right?"

Audio of the exchange between Brooks and Krzyzewski from the CBS broadcast was posted on multiple websites Friday night, and it confirmed the Ducks player's account:

"You're too good of a player to do that," Krzyzewski said.

"I'm sorry, Coach," Brooks said.

"You're too good of a player," Krzyzewski said.

"In the postgame press conference, I reacted incorrectly to a reporter's question about my comment to Dillon."

The interpretation is based on you saying that he said that Brooks made sh!t up.

As I stated, he thought it was a coach/player conversation. If I was the Oregon coach, I would have my panties in a bunch.

ETA: what more do you want out of Coach K? He said he was wrong.

"You're too good of a player to do that," Krzyzewski said.

"I'm sorry, Coach," Brooks said.

"You're too good of a player," Krzyzewski said.

I think it sucks that Coach K was so butt hurt that he needed to steal the thunder from this kid. They are from Oregon, not a perennial basketball powerhouse, and they just beat Duke! And in the handshake line the legendary Coach K shakes his hand and says this shiot, not once but twice? Fock that noise. I wish Brooks said "I'm sorry we biotch-slapped your team, Coach." :thumbsdown:

Oh my God this is such a non-issue. Most times you see the opposing coach apologize to Coach K or whoever their player did that on. K was just teaching the kids to respect the game and to win with class. Good God this is nothing.

Oh my God this is such a non-issue. Most times you see the opposing coach apologize to Coach K or whoever their player did that on. K was just teaching the kids to respect the game and to win with class. Good God this is nothing.

Because he always wins with class?

Are you focking kidding?

Because he always wins with class?

Are you focking kidding?

Like I said I'd respect it alot more if you just said you don't like the guy other than coming up with these ridiculously stupid manufactured anger over the complete non-issue.

Like I said I'd respect it alot more if you just said you don't like the guy other than coming up with these ridiculously stupid manufactured anger over the complete non-issue.

I don't like or dislike him; if anything I err on liking him. But he was out of line reprimanding a kid in his joyous moment AND with his coach right there, and he doubled down on doosh by lying about it and throwing the kid under the bus.

I don't like or dislike him; if anything I err on liking him. But he was out of line reprimanding a kid in his joyous moment AND with his coach right there, and he doubled down on doosh by lying about it and throwing the kid under the bus.

I don't know. I'm not a Duke fan nor do I hate them but I took it more as in he was trying to teach the kid. Didn't appear to me he was chewing the kid out by any means.

Sure his response was a little odd but he corrected it later. I'm just not sure what the big deal is.

So you have no problem with him being a hypocrite and a liar?

I dont hate coach K...great coach.

But acting like he is all class is laughable.

I don't know. I'm not a Duke fan nor do I hate them but I took it more as in he was trying to teach the kid. Didn't appear to me he was chewing the kid out by any means.

Sure his response was a little odd but he corrected it later. I'm just not sure what the big deal is.

He wasn't chewing the kid out, but he was raining on the kid's parade because he was butt hurt. His response wasn't odd, it was a flat out lie which had the effect of calling the kid a liar. He didn't correct it, he sounded like a politician using wordspeak and hoping it will all go away. HTH

• Like 1

He wasn't chewing the kid out, but he was raining on the kid's parade because he was butt hurt. His response wasn't odd, it was a flat out lie which had the effect of calling the kid a liar. He didn't correct it, he sounded like a politician using wordspeak and hoping it will all go away. HTH

Yeah it was kind of a b1tch move but who cares? What's said on the court should stay there.

He likes Dookie?

Do you have the time, to listen to me whine.

Well, K may have been right in his assessment though wrong in thinking he was the guy to say it, and wrong to then avoid culpability.....but at least the Oregon kid does not teach others to fall down every time they are touched.....

Yeah it was kind of a b1tch move but who cares? What's said on the court should stay there.

What is this Vegas? BS---it was said on the court in front of multiple cameras, this wasn't a secret conversation with privileged information. It was high and mighty coach deciding to lecture ANOTHER coach's player...all the while not noticingh his little biatch player Grayson was throwing a tantrum and not shaking hands. It wasn't his place to do it, and it for Mr. Holy Roller, it sure wasn't right to imply that Brooks lied about the what was said.

If the was Calipari, they would be running him out of the sport right now.

Do you have the time, to listen to me whine.

About nothing and everything all at once.

UNC commits 20 years of academic fraud: everyone ignores it and moves on. Coach K tells a lie: the basketball world comes to a stop

UNC commits 20 years of academic fraud: everyone ignores it and moves on. Coach K tells a lie: the basketball world comes to a stop

Not exactly. Word is that the NCAA has finished its investigation on NC and may announce something this weekend. :unsure:

Point being this is such a nonissue that it's stupid. This would literally not even make the news if it was anyone but coach K.

They do seem to be taking their time with this. With their record, UNC should have moved to the Big 10 instead of MD, they would have fit right in.

They do seem to be taking their time with this. With their record, UNC should have moved to the Big 10 instead of MD, they would have fit right in.

UNC, Florida St, Louisville, Miami, Syracuse...yeah, the ACC is a good clean conference.

:lol:

Yeah, the basketball world has completely come to a stop over this.

UNC, Florida St, Louisville, Miami, Syracuse...yeah, the ACC is a good clean conference.

Nailed it.