Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

When WOULD You Draft Brady

With his 4 game suspension what round, if even at all, would you draft him in?

I would draft him in rounds 7-10, perhaps 6th, if I were really confident in my RBs and WRs drafted before that. He will probably go higher though in many drafts.

I don't think I'm going to draft him at all this year since I would have to draft two QBs. I'd like to only draft one QB this year and just stream if that guy doesn't work out. If I had Brady I'd have to roster a 2nd QB and that just takes up a roster spot that I want for more important positions like RB and WR. Not only does it use up a roster spot but if I drafted two QBs then that's another player I miss out on in the draft.

In a league where I have to roster 2 QBs then I would change my mind and probably take him somewhere after the 8th round if available.

I like to draft Qbs late and than two or so at a time , so with Brady missing the first four games that's a bonus for me .

Seems like a good round to have him in. I could work my draft around to where I could get him that late and feel good about it

When the big board comes out it will be easier to see who has an easy first 4 games to pair Brady with.

Romo. First four games are gravy, and likely the only four games he'll be healthy

vs. Giants, @ Redskins, vs Bears, @ 49ers.

In my QB friendly league I draft two QBs often. If you're going to grab two QBs anyway taking Brady this year is an incredible value. I'm targeting him just a round later than I normally would.

Romo. First four games are gravy, and likely the only four games he'll be healthy

vs. Giants, @ Redskins, vs Bears, @ 49ers.

I thought the Giants had a pretty tough defense?

I thought the Giants had a pretty tough defense?

Allowed the most passing yards in the NFL last season.

Allowed the 5th most passing TD's last season.

Allowed the 8th highest yards per passing attempt last season.

Had the 3rd fewest sacks last season.

Romo for his career has completed 67.5% of his passes, has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a 100.7 QB rating against the Giants.

Allowed the most passing yards in the NFL last season.

Allowed the 5th most passing TD's last season.

Allowed the 8th highest yards per passing attempt last season.

Had the 3rd fewest sacks last season.

Romo for his career has completed 67.5% of his passes, has a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a 100.7 QB rating against the Giants.

Well . I didn't look at the stats from last year but I guess you're right. They normally have a tough defense so I figured it was the same last year

Doug took him at 7.11 in our PPR mock which is right around his current PPR league ADP (7.03.)

This is about where I would expect him to go.

Honestly the biggest cost with drafting Brady is the cost of having an extra roster spot devoted to QB because of the suspension.

This is about where I would expect him to go.

Honestly the biggest cost with drafting Brady is the cost of having an extra roster spot devoted to QB because of the suspension.

Most of the time I carry an extra QB anyway. So I'm not exactly losing anything

I can't imagine taking Brady earlier than 9 - and I think QBs are going to be pushed back considerably this year regardless.

When the big board comes out it will be easier to see who has an easy first 4 games to pair Brady with.

Kirk Cousins wouldn't be a bad pairing with Brady. Washington's schedule is attractive in general including the first four games - PIT, DAL, at NYG, CLE.

• Like 1

Kirk Cousins wouldn't be a bad pairing with Brady. Washington's schedule is attractive in general including the first four games - PIT, DAL, at NYG, CLE.

No one gives Cousins any cred at all. He had one of the best 2nd halfs a QB has ever had last year (126 rating) throwing to a TE, a Rookie and a solid journeyman WR with NO running game at all. Don't sleep on Cousins, 4500-40 is on the table.

As far as Brady goes, QBs are 13 deep, after 8-9 are gone, I would target one and if he was available I would grab him, wherever that would be.

I would draft him in rounds 7-10, perhaps 6th, if I were really confident in my RBs and WRs drafted before that. He will probably go higher though in many drafts.

This. If I had a nice slate of RBs and WRs why not add a potentially top 5 QB to that in round 7 or so?

Would have to draft another QB shortly thereafter and that sucks, but I'd sacrifice a little bench depth for a possible all star lineup

No one gives Cousins any cred at all. He had one of the best 2nd halfs a QB has ever had last year (126 rating) throwing to a TE, a Rookie and a solid journeyman WR with NO running game at all. Don't sleep on Cousins, 4500-40 is on the table.

As far as Brady goes, QBs are 13 deep, after 8-9 are gone, I would target one and if he was available I would grab him, wherever that would be.

Even his own team it would seem .

I used him a lot last year (and won quite a bit) in draftkings because he was cheap and usually produced well. He did good for the Skins and gave them their best shot at winning. Same couldn't be said for RGlll. Everyone I knew kept saying RGlll was better but the results just never backed that up. They were still hung up on his rookie season

I only grab him as a QB # 2. Not only does he miss 4 games but the Patriots schedule playing top ten pass defenses' from 2015 this season is brutal. I will stay away from him.

I wouldn't draft him until 11 other QBs have been drafted. At that time, I would draft 2 QBs with one being Brady.

I only grab him as a QB # 2. Not only does he miss 4 games but the Patriots schedule playing top ten pass defenses' from 2015 this season is brutal. I will stay away from him.

You know you have some good points .

Good post .

If I can get him late an as a number two Qb than I might go for it .

In the leagues I'm in there is only 14 regular season games and he will miss five of them .

I would really like to see data on SOS, because in my mind it is vastly over-rated. Brady has played a 1st place schedule (which, I know, only consists of 2 games per year) his entire career. In fact pretty much all great QBs play a 1st place schedule every year. Great QBs always produce.

• Like 1

I would really like to see data on SOS, because in my mind it is vastly over-rated. Brady has played a 1st place schedule (which, I know, only consists of 2 games per year) his entire career. In fact pretty much all great QBs play a 1st place schedule every year. Great QBs always produce.

Strength of schedule is way overrated because they are basing it off of last year's records. I would not draft any player based on their strength of schedule unless I had two players I was on the fence about. It's best to take each week at a time since no one knows how good each defense is really going to be.

• Like 1

Strength of schedule is way overrated because they are basing it off of last year's records. I would not draft any player based on their strength of schedule unless I had two players I was on the fence about. It's best to take each week at a time since no one knows how good each defense is really going to be.

Also pass defense is mostly about pressure on the QB. Brady does not get pressured much.

• Like 1

Also pass defense is mostly about pressure on the QB. Brady does not get pressured much.

Except in that AFC championship game

Brady looked pretty rushed when he was having a lot of pressure put on him in the two Super Bowls he lost to the Giants .

I saw a table in the sporting news about this. These are all based on last years stats heading into this year. So, Brady misses 4 games, plus, all star Qb's usually have a bad week or two during the season of very low production, now you are up to 5 or 6 bad weeks. Add in the factor that the Patriots play 5 top ten passing defenses from last year, plus Edelman might not be 100 percent to start the season MIGHT be an indication that this could be the year to stay away from him unless you can get him as a backup QB.

I saw a table in the sporting news about this. These are all based on last years stats heading into this year. So, Brady misses 4 games, plus, all star Qb's usually have a bad week or two during the season of very low production, now you are up to 5 or 6 bad weeks. Add in the factor that the Patriots play 5 top ten passing defenses from last year, plus Edelman might not be 100 percent to start the season MIGHT be an indication that this could be the year to stay away from him unless you can get him as a backup QB.

Hopefully everyone else at the draft thinks this way so I can get him really cheap

Grab a good backup who has a good schedule for week 1-4, snag brady and you have a top QB for the rest of the season and playoffs. Boom goes the dynamite.

What about him being old as crap? When does Father Time catch up with him?

A good question but sitting out the first four games might actually help him there.

Brady has proven to be pretty matchup and weather proof. Every time I have Brady and worry about a bad matchup/weather game he goes out and throws 4 Tds.

If you're drafting Brady you better have a good team that can get to the playoffs because Brady will be missing 5 games out of a 13 to 14 game season. If you can make it through the regular season and make the playoffs then Brady could be a huge asset in the playoffs.

If you're drafting Brady you better have a good team that can get to the playoffs because Brady will be missing 5 games out of a 13 to 14 game season. If you can make it through the regular season and make the playoffs then Brady could be a huge asset in the playoffs.

This is a good point, many people aren't factoring in the BYE.

When you do Brady will be basically unavailable for 40% of the fantasy season. Doesn't look so attractive when you put it that way

This is a good point, many people aren't factoring in the BYE.

When you do Brady will be basically unavailable for 40% of the fantasy season. Doesn't look so attractive when you put it that way

Everyone has a bye. That's why it doesn't get factored in. The only reason it would matter is if it was in the fantasy playoffs week 13.

Everyone has a bye. That's why it doesn't get factored in. The only reason it would matter is if it was in the fantasy playoffs week 13.

I think it makes a difference when the total of missed games goes from 1 to 5 though. Especially when most people are only thinking the total missed games for Brady is going to be 4. It's one thing to replace a QB for 1 game but 5 can make a big difference.